Fixing of continuity errors?

Telltale Guys (TM), will you be taking the opportunity to fix the continuity errors caused by MI3 and MI4 (info about them can be found here), or are you unwilling to touch those with the second-longest pole you've ever seen (or the first, for that matter)?

The pathetic nerd in me hopes you'll be tackling those problems, but the actually sensible part of me knows that spending valuable time fixing continiuty errors and setting aside the prime directive of actually being entertaining - the point of entertainment - is usually a bad thing.

Comments

• edited June 2009
    The only real big ones are the Toothrot as Marley thing and the Giant Monkey Head.

In fact, I'd be happy if they were ignored only with some referential in-joke in the game, like "I thought.... "
  • edited June 2009
    The only real big ones are the Toothrot as Marley thing and the Giant Monkey Head.

In fact, I'd be happy if they were ignored only with some referential in-joke in the game, like "I thought.... "

They could pull an Austin powers when explaining something that doesn't make sense, and have the charecters look at the screen and tell you that you'll have more fun if you ignore it.

:)
  • edited June 2009
    I hope I speak for more than just me when I say: Bollocks to the plot holes. Just tell the story you want to tell. If it's funny and true to the series (but I repeat myself), we'll love you for it.

Love you more, I mean.
  • edited June 2009
    eskimo wrote: »
    They could pull an Austin powers when explaining something that doesn't make sense, and have the charecters look at the screen and tell you that you'll have more fun if you ignore it.

:)

Maybe someone could tell Guybrush "There is an explanation, but let's just say that if I were to tell you, you couldn't hold your breath through it."
  • edited June 2009
    Agreed -- ignore MI3 and 4 (mostly 4) if necessary ;).
  • edited June 2009
    Problem is, those two games are clearly considered canon by Telltale, as evidenced by the mention in the trailer of Elaine being Guybrush's wife.
  • edited June 2009
    I think they'll reference whatever is convenient, and gloss over whatever isn't. That's natural sequel logic, especially for distanced sequels.
  • edited June 2009

I looked it up, it's called 'Lampshading'.

Yeah, TVTropes.org
Sign in to comment in this discussion.