How 'open', large will the locations within chapters be?

So far, everything you've shown and told us has disappointed me greatly (horrible graphics, ridiculous control scheme that just needs to go)...

But I digress. What I dislike about Telltale games is that the camera is ridiculously close to the characters and the locations themselves always feel..closed, as if the characters were closed within a box. There's nothing in the background, so the illusion that there's something out there, that you could explore if you wanted to is non-existent, on top of that, the locations themselves are small - when solving puzzles, I feel like I'm moving from one screenshot to the other - one, two tiny locations and that's it. And the locations themselves are empty and plain, they would look so much better if they were drawn or pre-rendered.
Compare it to previous Monkey Island games, especially LeChuck's Revenge - tons of places to visit from the start, each and every one wonderfully detailed. Curse of MI also had that feeling, the environments were plentiful and weren't "flat" - there was always nice view in the background.

Please, don't give us empty, small, soulless places to visit in each chapter... And see to it that 'episodes' come one after the other during gameplay, there's nothing worse than seeing end credits and going back to Windows, only to play the rest of the game.

Comments

• edited June 2009
    Thats the format of every telltale game so...
  • edited June 2009
    I've never felt the locations in any of Telltale's games have been small, empty or flat. Some of them even felt too full of life (especially S&M Season 2's street and office).

Prerendered is never the way to go, IMO. That's the quickest way to sterilze all the life out of a game.
  • edited June 2009
    sock-fox wrote: »
    Prerendered is never the way to go, IMO. That's the quickest way to sterilze all the life out of a game.

qft
  • edited June 2009
    Pankratz wrote: »
    So far, everything you've shown and told us has disappointed me greatly (horrible graphics, ridiculous control scheme that just needs to go)...

But I digress. What I dislike about Telltale games is that the camera is ridiculously close to the characters and the locations themselves always feel..closed, as if the characters were closed within a box. There's nothing in the background, so the illusion that there's something out there, that you could explore if you wanted to is non-existent, on top of that, the locations themselves are small - when solving puzzles, I feel like I'm moving from one screenshot to the other - one, two tiny locations and that's it. And the locations themselves are empty and plain, they would look so much better if they were drawn or pre-rendered.
    Compare it to previous Monkey Island games, especially LeChuck's Revenge - tons of places to visit from the start, each and every one wonderfully detailed. Curse of MI also had that feeling, the environments were plentiful and weren't "flat" - there was always nice view in the background.

Please, don't give us empty, small, soulless places to visit in each chapter... And see to it that 'episodes' come one after the other during gameplay, there's nothing worse than seeing end credits and going back to Windows, only to play the rest of the game.

Flat and empty? What games are you playing?!
  • edited June 2009
    Horrible graphics? I love that they aren't the "realistic" gray-brown of everything else coming out.
  • edited June 2009
    Yes thats true but they do lack some details. It got better over time though. Compare the textures of S&M season 1 and season 2 (outside HQ for example). Biig improvement.
    But he has a valid point there.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.