System requirements

First of all: great news that you guys are making ToMI! It's a dream come true.

However, I dread that my crappy PC (my 1 GHz processor to be exact) can't run it. I've heard rumours that you need at least 3 GHz play Guybrush's new adventures. If so, that would be very bad for me.

On the other hand, I've got no problems running Season 1 of Sam&Max, so maybe there is hope for me still.

So my question is: is there any indication of PC system requirements for Monkey Island, or is it too early to tell? Even a vague estimate would be much appreciated.

Comments

• edited June 2009
    from the store page:

Operating system: Windows XP / Vista
    Processor: 2.0 GHz + (3 GHz Pentium 4 or equivalent rec.)
    Memory: 512MB (1GB rec.) Sound: DirectX 8.1 sound device
    Video: 64MB DirectX 8.1-compliant video card (128MB rec.)
    DirectX®: Version 9.0c or better

The best hint I can give you: Try the Wallace & Grommit PC-Demo. It should play as good as this demo.
  • edited June 2009
    System Requirements:

Operating system: Windows XP / Vista
    Processor: 2.0 GHz + (3 GHz Pentium 4 or equivalent rec.)
    Memory: 512MB (1GB rec.) Sound: DirectX 8.1 sound device
    Video: 64MB DirectX 8.1-compliant video card (128MB rec.)
    DirectX®: Version 9.0c or better

They are somewhere in a webpage of the process of obtaining the preorder....
  • edited June 2009
    Hey, see this thread: http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8604

You could do what I did and download the Wallace and Gromit demo and see if it works on your computer. Wallace and Gromit has the same system requirements as Monkey Island, according to what it says on the website.
  • edited June 2009
    OK, thanks. I just skimmed over the topics and kind of missed the earlier one. I'm sorry, I know how annoying these threads can be.

Great advise on downloading W&G. Will do that later.
  • edited June 2009
    No probs, I do it all the time.

Hope you can get it to work! Hopefully if it does, that will be a good indicator as to whether Monkey Island will work. Obviously, it's not a guarantee, so don't quote me on anything. Someone official may have to confirm this for us!
  • edited June 2009
    The Wallace and Gromit demo works, if I put the graphics on level 6 or lower. This somehow removes the 'press tab to highlight hotspots' feature, which is a shame, but if this means I can play Tales, it's all good :cool:
  • edited June 2009
    Glad it works to some extent. Graphics Level 6 Monkey Island is better than no Monkey Island at all, I feel.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.