Shock... Amazement... is the world come to an end?

I've just spent a while watching the trailers, reading the details for both the Monkey Island games that are up-and-coming. First off - what? Telltale and Lucasarts working together? On an adventure game? On MONKEY ISLAND? I'm both shocked, amazed, slightly horrified, and really, really happy.

It's worth it to see this game back in the hands of (at least some of) the creative talent that made it what it is. I'm also really impressed with their work on the Special Edition - including the seamless switch to the original games graphics, which is really neat.

So - I've put my money where my mouth is. The pre-order has gone in. Don't let me down, this is my childhood remembrance that's at stake.

Comments

• edited June 2009
    I had to check it wasn't 1st April! THIS IS GONNA BE SICK! In the cool bad ass way of course.
  • edited June 2009
    I hate to admit it, but I keep having that same feeling. It's like those dreams where something impossible happens so you think to yourself, "Wow, that can't happen. This must be a dream or something. Only, it doesn't feel like a dream, so this must be real." Then you wake up and wonder how you could have confused a dream for reality.

Here's hoping I don't wake up!
  • edited June 2009
    I had to check it wasn't 1st April!
    You're not the only one.
  • edited June 2009
    I find it intriguing how many people look to see if it's April 1st before believing something nearly unbelievable, yet so many people are fooled when it actually is April 1st.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.