Self-conclusive episodes?

Another question haunts my mind: will every episode end as a standalone one (with everything linked together as in S&M) or will it really be like playing pieces of a single story every month? Honestly, I'm for the second option.
For the way I imagine it, it should be like "TO BE CONTINUED..." at every episode, and the next episode starting where the player left.
I don't think Monkey Island would fit with self-conclusive stories/episodes, it works with epic stories. So, cutting an epic story in 5 parts sounds great to me, but playing 5 mini-stories doesn't.

Comments

• edited June 2009
    I think Jake said this already somewhere, but these episodes are not self-contained. They are like the Chapters of the Previous Monkey Island games. In each chapter Guybrush has to do stuff to achieve a goal in his quest, then there probably will be a cut-scene ending in an End-of-Chapter-wait-month-to-continue-cliffhanger.
  • edited June 2009
    Oh, man, awesome news. Thank you. :)
  • edited June 2009
    I guess this means I will wait until they are all released before I play. I could not take to wait 4 weeks between Episodes another time.
  • edited June 2009
    Err, I don't think I can make it :p
    I really can't wait!
  • edited June 2009
    You should read the Adventure Gamers Article. It will put your questions to rest.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2009
    der_ketzer wrote: »
    I guess this means I will wait until they are all released before I play. I could not take to wait 4 weeks between Episodes another time.

Ah but if you're playing them when they come out, there are all these fine people on the forums to talk to about what you've played and pass the time! If you wait, then everyone will know what happened except you. :)
  • edited June 2009
    I will have to play the moment they are released. I would kick myself if I accidently saw a spoiler before I played one of the episodes.
  • edited June 2009
    Jake wrote: »
    Ah but if you're playing them when they come out, there are all these fine people on the forums to talk to about what you've played and pass the time! If you wait, then everyone will know what happened except you. :)
    I learned to live with that because of your adventures before Wallace & Grommit.
    Now I see the other side. Playing W&G when the episodes come out. Then waiting 4 weeks is just torture.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.