Merchandise

I've already spent money on the pre-order, but I want to spend more. On merchandise! Does the license allow you to create merchandise around the game? If so, I'd love to see some... soundtrack, Steve Purcell prints and so on. What says ye?

Comments

• edited June 2009
    Hopefully they'll sell some of the leftover badges from E3 (see Emily's post in the Private forum)... so I expect we'll see some MI merchandise as time progresses.
  • edited June 2009
    I was wondering about this too, since Lucasarts are doing some of their own merch (albiet for the SOMI remake). Will Telltale be doing anything else? Not a huge fan of the new art style in the remake, so the merch on the Lucasarts website doesn't interest me all that much.
  • joeldeejoeldee Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2009
    Hi all

Don't have an immediate answer for you on this.

If there are interesting merch items, you all of course will be amongst the first to know!

- Joel, Telltale
  • edited June 2009
    How about some Grog?
  • edited June 2009
    xChri5x wrote: »
    How about some Grog?

It'd eat through the box before it got to you.

Now maybe some figurines or shirts with the best insults on them. That'd be fun.
  • edited June 2009
    Please provide us with merchandise. I am collecting all my money for this.

The basics, T-Shirts, Mugs, posters are a good start. Possibly the T-Shirt you get in the SMI when you dig up the Treasure of Melee Island? References like that? All Monkey Island Canon in one easy to read book? Some of LeChuck's pirate pamplets. The Phatt Island Library could provide a ton of titles to be bought as merchandise. Art prints are a must, in varying sizes and qualities. And the standard characters action figures/figurines and in game items, rubber chicken with the pulley comes to mind along with replicas of the maps and costumes, what kid wouldn't want to dress up as Guybrush or Lemonhead for Halloween or Mardi Gras?
  • edited June 2009
    Give me some iconic Steve Purcell artwork and I shall be very contented. The new visual style is not really doing much for me at the moment. :(
  • edited June 2009
    Merchandise? An "I found the treasure of Mêlée Island and all I got was this stupid T-shirt" shirt would suit me well.
  • edited June 2009
    soundtrack
    It could just include the series Main Theme and it would be worth full price!
  • edited June 2009
    I'd love to see some... soundtrack

Ohhhhhh yes.
  • edited June 2009
    Jenny wrote: »
    The basics, T-Shirts, Mugs, posters are a good start. Possibly the T-Shirt you get in the SMI when you dig up the Treasure of Melee Island? References like that? All Monkey Island Canon in one easy to read book? Some of LeChuck's pirate pamplets. The Phatt Island Library could provide a ton of titles to be bought as merchandise.

Those are some great ideas, I really like the idea of using in-game references as real merchandise - especially the Treasure shirt. I also think a music album covering the entire series would be incredible. It could contain music from games 1-4, 1 Special Edition, and Tales. Maybe even have some live tracks or remixes on it.

If there was ever a time for a MI merchandise blitz (and well, it has been for 20 years now!), this is probably the best time considering the reignited passion of the long time fans and the newer fanbase that can be reached.

I hope Lucasarts gets on this further and/or allows Telltale some leeway in coming up with some new stuff to buy. Otherwise it will be slightly awkward for all of us fans to be eagerly pulling out our wallets only to be rebuffed and told not to spend our stinking pieces of 8 on their treasure :D
  • edited June 2009
    Just give us a monkey island themepark!!!
  • edited June 2009
    MystMonkey wrote: »
    Those are some great ideas, I really like the idea of using in-game references as real merchandise - especially the Treasure shirt. I also think a music album covering the entire series would be incredible. It could contain music from games 1-4, 1 Special Edition, and Tales. Maybe even have some live tracks or remixes on it.

Thanks, and yes, a music album of the entire series would be fantastic! Or even 5 different soundtracks if they want to make some extra money. I'll buy them all.
    Maart wrote: »
    Just give us a monkey island themepark!!!

If this ever happened, I would probably have to seriously consider quitting my job and working there for at least a few years.
  • edited June 2009
    mishoes.jpg

I want!!!

Edit:
    day-of-the-tentacle-shoes-thumb-550x328-86436.jpg

Even better!!
  • edited June 2009
    Just a month ago I made an unofficial Monkey Island-inspired tea blend called "Pirate's Brew" on Adagio.com.

They even reviewed it here on Adagio TeaV, their weekly tea blend review video podcast.
  • edited June 2009
    Due to the level of Fandom here I suspect come of you may have purchased on of these:
    Sam and Max Statue

I certainly did!

I have spoken to the guy there and he says they are trying to get rights to do other Lucas Arts Characters. I seriosuly hope they can do a Guybrush\Elaine or similar statue, perhaps using artwork from CMI.
  • edited June 2009
    linkdragon wrote: »
    Just a month ago I made an unofficial Monkey Island-inspired tea blend called "Pirate's Brew" on Adagio.com.

They even reviewed it here on Adagio TeaV, their weekly tea blend review video podcast.

That looks like awesome tea! Rum and Gunpowder though? I'm assuming those are just nicknames right?
  • edited June 2009
    That looks like awesome tea! Rum and Gunpowder though? I'm assuming those are just nicknames right?
    Rum tea is rum flavored black tea, and gunpowder is a green tea that is so curled up that it resembles gunpowder, and to top it off it has a rather smoky taste to it.
  • edited June 2009
    I'm going to have to order some!
  • edited June 2009
    I'm going to have to order some!
    Awesome, if you do, you've got to let me know what you think of it once you've tried it. :D
Sign in to comment in this discussion.