You Sly Salty Dogs You!

So Jake says this 11 months ago and now here we are with a full 5 episode game and a remake of Secret of Monkey Island.

Why I outta!

Way to go guys - you really are my number one games firm at the moment!! Brilliant stuff!

May all of your children be rich and stupid enough to pay our way :)

Really looking forward to these ones. Well done (x infinity)

-m0r

Comments

• edited June 2009
    m0r1arty wrote: »
    So Jake says this 11 months ago and now here we are with a full 5 episode game and a remake of Secret of Monkey Island.
    Heh. That's a lot of build-up for a joke - it took a whole 11 months... :)

np: Tosca - Birthday (No Hassle (Disc 1))
  • edited June 2009
    when did the idea and production start for the new one?
  • edited June 2009
    Ye, it was announced so suddenly, and a lot sooner to the release date and with a lot more information then Telltale's other series.
  • edited June 2009
    m0r1arty wrote: »
    My Comic-Con coverage from last year may have been a pretty good indicator of things to come. Now that I think about it, the LucasArts PR guy did have a pretty obvious smirk on his face. I am sure that Telltale has been in bed with LucasArts for quite a while now. Hmm, that sounds so dirty.

http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?p=77444&highlight=Monkey+Island#post77444

Also, Telltale's game is not a remake of Secret of Monkey Island. You may be thinking of Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition, which is being developed elsewhere. Telltale's game, Tales of Monkey Island, is set after an imaginary Monkey Island 5 Escape from Monkey Island.
  • edited June 2009
    mhaley wrote: »
    My Comic-Con coverage from last year may have been a pretty good indicator of things to come.

Good stuff my friend - be sure to get Stan's commission for coming up with the idea ;)

-m0r
Sign in to comment in this discussion.