If you guys don't release Tales on XBLA then..

Well, I don't know what then.. but I will be very, very unhappy. You don't want that, right?

Sincerely

One very sad long time MI fan

Comments

• edited June 2009
    I want everything to come on the DS. I'm wondering why it hasn't yet anyway seeing as the console is what is bringing back adventure gaming
  • edited June 2009
    Well the DS has Phoenix Wright, Trace Memory, Hotel Dust and a few ports of older games.
    The Wii has Zack and Wiki, Strong Bad and a few more ports.

Both are good contenders, though adventure games are still more plentiful on the PC.
  • edited June 2009
    Yeah, because there's no chance that these games won't come to your console of choice after a small run of console exclusivity. Absolutely none. *hides all the copies of Sam and Max on the Wii.*
  • edited June 2009
    Ignore this comment since l was confused with the special edition, which apparently is not made by TT or so l have read here.
  • edited June 2009
    doom saber wrote: »
    Seein how Kotaku mentions that this game is bein released on the PS network and the X 360 live arcade, I don't think you have to worry esp how the screencaps from kotaku are obviously capped from the xbox ver

http://kotaku.com/5274117/the-secret-of-monkey-island-special-edition-in-pictures/gallery

That's the Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition... different game than Tales of Monkey Island and not being made by Telltale. With that being said, Wallace and Gromit was released on the X-Box Live and the game will probably have a console friendly control scheme so I figure an eventual X-Box release is likely. I don't think any Telltale games have been released on the PSN so I wouldn't hold my breath for that one.
  • edited June 2009
    That's not this game, though.
  • edited June 2009
    I hope so because I want to buy the game, but I'm afraid that my PC won't be able to run it very well even though it meets the minimum specs.
  • edited June 2009
    doomsoth wrote: »
    I hope so because I want to buy the game, but I'm afraid that my PC won't be able to run it very well even though it meets the minimum specs.
    Well a good graphics card is not too expensive nowadays...
    What used to be high end is nowadays mid to low end!
  • [TTG] Yare[TTG] Yare Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2009
    I'm wondering why it hasn't yet anyway seeing as the console is what is bringing back adventure gaming.

Because the DS has roughly the same processing power as a toaster? The engine and all of the game assets would need to be completely remade to work on the DS's lame dual-ARM architecture.
  • edited June 2009
    werpu wrote: »
    Well a good graphics card is not too expensive nowadays...
    What used to be high end is nowadays mid to low end!

I may just break down and buy the SE for the PC. Ugg...I also really want S&M Season 2, but I just love gaming in my living room. lol I recently upgraded my videocard to a Radeon X1050. I know it's not much, but my PC doesn't have much left to upgrade since it's an AMD 2000+ on an ancient ASUS motherboard. I've maxed out the RAM at 2 gigs. lol I just don't trust the thing much more for new games, but do you think that it should run fine? Sam and Max occasionally has problems; especially with the car chasing scene or any fast moving action on newer games.
  • edited June 2009
    I may just break down and buy the SE for the PC. Ugg...I also really want S&M Season 2, but I just love gaming in my living room. lol I recently upgraded my videocard to a Radeon X1050. I know it's not much, but my PC doesn't have much left to upgrade since it's an AMD 2000+ on an ancient ASUS motherboard. I've maxed out the RAM at 2 gigs. lol I just don't trust the thing much more for new games, but do you think that it should run fine? Sam and Max occasionally has problems; especially with the car chasing scene or any fast moving action on newer games.

I think processor speed nowadays is not so vital anymore the more important issue is a good graphics card but PCIE is probably a must, it becomes more and more important since the data shifted from and to the card becomes more and more!

After all the pc hardware cycle nowadays follows closely the console cycle, which means the upgrad cycle is stalled mostly for the upcoming years until the next console generation hits the scene.
    (After all, every game also must run decently on consoles, which from the raw processor power are relativley underpowered, although the PS3 has a lot of power in the MIMD area, but the cell is a lousy general purpose processor, the xboxs is slightly better in the general purpose processing)
    The slow uptake of Vista helped as well, and Windows 7 is another issue it is way faster than vista and wont bog down your pc as much as vista did!

So I expect the next PC upgrade to be 1-2 years into DirectX 11 and that will be a mid range graphics card only, again!

The big thing the upcoming years probably will be physics and there a fast connection to the card and good graphics card will be more important than a fast processor (Exception the cell in the PS3 which then finally can utilize its MIMD powers!)
  • edited June 2009

This reminds me of that i once in between played two Sam&Max episodes even on a GeForce3 which also worked fine if you just adjusted the resolution a bit. AGP systems are still fine and CPU speed isn't much of an issue here, it's more about the gfx card.

Assuming the motherboard isn't an issue, if and if your PSU can handle it, there do exist several offers for ATI's 3850 which still is a powerful card. If your PSU is too weak you can either replace it or buy a 3650 instead which is more limited on the fillrate side but still should be good enough and you can always try to lower for instance the resolution or the AA level if needed. Nowadys these are all sub €100 cards. AGP also isn't a problem as these cards are offered with 512MB.

Compared to your X1050 both would boost the performance of your system a lot.
  • edited June 2009
    Even though I own a 360 and PC, I too would like to see the special edition on the Wii and maybe DS too as it would be perfect for those systems I always see both the Nintendo systems the answer for companies to revitalise the point n' click genre as they would work perfectly with both functionalities.
  • edited June 2009
    I wouldn't under-estimate the need for a decent processor for some games. (Not TTG games though, min. specs for their games is low.) Open world games such as GTA4, Saints Row 2, and Godfather 2, require quite a significant increase in CPU power over FPS titles. Also, several developers (publishers?) have signed up to use PhysX only. This means that if you use an AMD graphics card, the physics will be scaled down and run off the CPU instead of the graphics card.

.....wait. What was the topic again?
  • edited June 2009
    Chris1 wrote: »
    Well the DS has Phoenix Wright, Trace Memory, Hotel Dust and a few ports of older games.
    The Wii has Zack and Wiki, Strong Bad and a few more ports.

Both are good contenders, though adventure games are still more plentiful on the PC.

Besides that I rather doubt the DS is really suitable for a game like TMI, the entire screen estate is rather small and the 3d can only be done on one screen and the 3d power is suboptimal unfortunately, add to that that the memory cards have rather limited storage space.
    Dont get me wrong I have a DS and love it for what it does, but Zelda is pretty much the optimum you can get out of a DS.
    (which is not bad indeed)

The funny thing is that the game might work out on a psp, it might be powerful enough and with umd the storage medium has enough capacity!
  • edited June 2009
    I want it released directly to my head.... and in a series of picture birthday cakes.
  • edited June 2009
    Shmeh wrote: »
    I wouldn't under-estimate the need for a decent processor for some games. (Not TTG games though, min. specs for their games is low.) Open world games such as GTA4, Saints Row 2, and Godfather 2, require quite a significant increase in CPU power over FPS titles. Also, several developers (publishers?) have signed up to use PhysX only. This means that if you use an AMD graphics card, the physics will be scaled down and run off the CPU instead of the graphics card.

.....wait. What was the topic again?

Well decent is relative, physics in the long run will be offloaded to the graphics card. The intel processors are not good for heavy parallel processing physics requires. The entire industry moves towards APIs which offload the physics calculations, and besides that, I am not sure. Look at the raw general processing power of the console processors, they are way subpar to everything in the mid range today (more along the lines of dual or triple core atoms), it is only in the parallel processing area where they can shine (at least the PS3)
    My personal guess is, that there wont be any processor upgrades needed at least until the current console generation dies if you are already away from AGP (where you have to do it automatically because you have to buy a new board and probably cannot keep your current CPU). AGP itself will show its weakness as soon as many games have shifted its physics operations onto the graphics card, which will happen likely the next three years!
  • edited June 2009
    It would be so sad if Tales of MI would just be released for PC and Wii!
    I heard that their would be a new MI a few days ago and was so excited, because I love those games, but now it doesn´t seem to be released for Xbox! :(
    Does anyone know whether there will be a Xbox version (later than the other versions) ?
    Hm... I guess not, stupid question xD
    But do you think it´s likely?
  • edited June 2009
    if it makes you feel any better PS3 isn't getting either of the new MI games.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.