French version?

I would like to know if tales of monkey island will be released in a french version (voices and subtitles)? and if yes, When?

All episodes of monkey island are released with a french version. It would be a shame if with this new monkey island , a fench version doesn't exist.

Comments

• edited June 2009
    Lechuck31 wrote: »
    I would like to know if tales of monkey island will be released in a french version (voices and subtitles)? and if yes, When?

Subtitles should be present in the release. The frensh language version might take a very long time.
  • edited June 2009
    der_ketzer wrote: »
    Subtitles should be present in the release. The frensh language version might take a very long time.

Are you sure ? I have seen nowhere this information.
  • edited June 2009
    fmplaw wrote: »
    Are you sure ? I have seen nowhere this information.

this news tell that no french subtitle
    http://www.factornews.com/news-26059-Regarde_derriere_toi_un_singe_a_trois_te.html

Why teltale doesn't think about french people?

French subtitle is easy to create. It's not like french voice.

I expect a new monkey island since MI4 (which existed in a french version like the 1,2 and 3) but now I can't play at tales of MI because it's only in english.
  • Macfly77Macfly77 Moderator
    edited June 2009
    Lechuck31 wrote: »
    this news tell that no french subtitle
    http://www.factornews.com/news-26059-Regarde_derriere_toi_un_singe_a_trois_te.html

Why teltale doesn't think about french people?

French subtitle is easy to create. It's not like french voice.

I expect a new monkey island since MI4 (which existed in a french version like the 1,2 and 3) but now I can't play at tales of MI because it's only in english.
    In a thread in the Privates Pirate Club, Jake from Telltale said: "We've traditionally localized our games into other languages by the time they end up in a box at retail. I don't know what our plans for Monkey are, but localized releases down the road wouldn't surprise me."
    Apparently, the European versions of the first season of Sam and Max offered French and German dubbing, as well as Spanish and Italian subtitles.
    Therefore, I wouldn't be surprised if Tales of Monkey Island got the same treatment.
    Ce qui signifie: "Habituellement, nos jeux sont traduits dans d'autres langues lors de leur sortie en magasin (c'est-à-dire la version DVD et non pas la version téléchargeable). Je ne sais pas quels sont nos plans pour Monkey, mais des versions traduites ne me surprendraient pas dans le futur."
    Apparemment, les versions européennes de la première saison de Sam and Max comprenaient des doublages français et allemand, ainsi que des sous-titres espagnols et italiens, donc j'imagine qu'il en serait peut-être de même pour Tales of Monkey Island.
  • edited June 2009
    Macfly77 wrote: »
    In a thread in the Privates Pirate Club, Jake from Telltale said: "We've traditionally localized our games into other languages by the time they end up in a box at retail. I don't know what our plans for Monkey are, but localized releases down the road wouldn't surprise me."
    Apparently, the European versions of the first season of Sam and Max offered French and German dubbing, as well as Spanish and Italian subtitles.
    Therefore, I wouldn't be surprised if Tales of Monkey Island got the same treatment.
    Ce qui signifie: "Habituellement, nos jeux sont traduits dans d'autres langues lors de leur sortie en magasin (c'est-à-dire la version DVD et non pas la version téléchargeable). Je ne sais pas quels sont nos plans pour Monkey, mais des versions traduites ne me surprendraient pas dans le futur."
    Apparemment, les versions européennes de la première saison de Sam and Max comprenaient des doublages français et allemand, ainsi que des sous-titres espagnols et italiens, donc j'imagine qu'il en serait peut-être de même pour Tales of Monkey Island.

I hope. Although sam&max season 2 isn't still translated in french. and if we must wait six months or one year, it would be very hard after nine years
  • edited June 2009
    Finally what do we expect for this ? Subtitles french will be include the 7th July ?
Sign in to comment in this discussion.