The music

Even just the music in the tailor is getting me all nostalgic. I can't believe they are remaking 1 and continuing the series. This is amazing!

Comments

• edited June 2009
    About the music...There is something i would like to ask...

Are you recycling the same main theme from CMI (and then re-used on EMI), or "Tales.." is gonna have its own version of the main theme?

I would really love to hear a "new" version of it.
  • edited June 2009
    Ignatius wrote: »
    About the music...There is something i would like to ask...

Are you recycling the same main theme from CMI (and then re-used on EMI), or "Tales.." is gonna have its own version of the main theme?

I would really love to hear a "new" version of it.

As far as I know since Michael Land (the original composer) is composing, I'd assume that he'd be re-recording it. Seems general practice for most game series, so I don't see why it wouldn't apply here too. :)
  • edited June 2009
    This is a good thread, but little answers it has and full of questions it is. Too crowded in here for me .
  • edited June 2009
    I'd like to hear a reworked version of it to, and it needs to be shown in an epic way, like MI2 or MI3, especially MI3, having the long cinematic and the camera panning out to LeChucks Ship and the Fort in battle and then, after all these years, Having the logo just swoop on the screen as "The Curse of..." just bursts into flames and the credits roll seemed like such an epic way to say "Sorry we haven't been around for the past few years, but we're back and awesome!".
  • edited June 2009
    Ash735 wrote: »
    I'd like to hear a reworked version of it to, and it needs to be shown in an epic way, like MI2 or MI3, especially MI3, having the long cinematic and the camera panning out to LeChucks Ship and the Fort in battle and then, after all these years, Having the logo just swoop on the screen as "The Curse of..." just bursts into flames and the credits roll seemed like such an epic way to say "Sorry we haven't been around for the past few years, but we're back and awesome!".

QFT
    I also was really disappointed when they just reused the theme from CMI in EMI, they also reused the sword fighting music at the opening sequence in EMI. Overall, the music in EMI was very inconsistent, but that's understandable, I think, since there were 3 or 4 different composers on that game (and I think Micheal Land left mid-production).
  • edited June 2009
    They've said (not sure if it was in this forum or the preorder one) that the music in the trailer was placeholder, so I wouldn't bet on them using that exact mix of the Monkey Island theme.
  • edited June 2009
    I found this on youtube :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rtiAQk3ojE

The guy seems pretty good !
Sign in to comment in this discussion.