One MI character everyone's missing...

I hear everybody wants Murray the talking skull, but how come nobody ever wants STAN the swarmy salesman?

I loved everything about him, how he was able to cheat you by renting you a POS boat in MI1, by giving you "life insurance" in MI3 and by selling you time-shares in MI4. When there's a (dis)honest business, there's a (dis)honest shyster businessman in Stan!

If he's in TMI, I can't wait to see what shell game he'll shill next!

Comments

• edited June 2009
    In the returning characters thread I read a lot of people wanting Stan to return.
    It wouldn't be Monkey Island without Stan trying to palm something off on you.
  • edited June 2009
    Oh, whoops. My bad.
  • edited June 2009
    Stan is a really good character, and I'm more keen on him than on Murray. both are good though.
  • edited June 2009
    No worries, the fanbase behind him definitely seems smaller than that or Murray.
  • edited June 2009
    I was always given the impression that there's not a lot of noise around Stan because people expect him to be in the game (it wouldn't be MI without him), but Murray might not show up.
  • edited June 2009
    Don't know if they will show up again but i liked Herman and Largooo Embargooo.
  • edited June 2009
    I really want to see Stan return too, with his crazy arms and no less. He is the one character I'd love to see return over anyone.
  • edited June 2009
    taumel wrote: »
    Don't know if they will show up again but i liked Herman and Largooo Embargooo.

yeah. Herman was a bit silly in the fourth though. great in the first two.
  • edited June 2009
    Quite some stuff was silly in MI4. :O/
  • edited June 2009
    yeah! We want stan AND murray!

Honestly ill be very disapointed if these epic returning characters wont be in the tales!
  • edited June 2009
    I'd rather have Stan than Murray, honestly. He was there from the beginning. Murray was the newcomer that stole his thunder! (No really, though, Murray was fine but I prefer Stan to return)

I just hope that nobody draws conclusions from playing just the first episode/chapter. After all, introducing ALL the characters in the first part of the story isn't very good game design.
  • edited June 2009
    What about Jojo the Monkey?
  • edited June 2009
    puerulus wrote: »
    What about Jojo the Monkey?

lol
  • edited June 2009
    I am a bigger Stan fan than I am a Murray fan.

:D
  • edited June 2009
    I'm still to this day trying to figure out how Stan got those business cards made in CoMI!
  • edited June 2009
    Stan was / is a great character, but I think I liked his first appearance most .
  • edited June 2009
    I wonder if Stan has been around a bit too much... he's been in every game so far, and the puzzles with him usually involve the same thing.

Having said that, almost every Telltale game ever made usually involves a shop-keeper of some type (Bosco, Bubs, Mr. Paneer...) so Stan will probably turn up every episode...
  • edited June 2009
    I wouldn't mind if Stan, Murray or Largo all appeared it would be great. I definatley think it would be right to see Largo again as we can find out what happened to him after explosion of LeChuck's fortress near the end of MI 2.
  • edited June 2009
    Actually, I personally think LeChuck has been in Monkey Island way too much. Time to get a new villain for a change. Mix it up. He can always come back later. I'm tired of seeing LeChuch ONCE AGAIN trying to capture Elaine.
  • edited June 2009
    I loved everything about him, how he was able to cheat you by renting you a POS boat in MI1, by giving you "life insurance" in MI3 and by selling you time-shares in MI4.

What about nailing him inside a coffin? That was a lot of fun!
  • edited June 2009
    Has there ever been a Monkey Island game without Stan?

*looks around shifty eyed*

I definitely did not copy and paste a developer comment from the private pirate board to this thread.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.