I have a Mac and a Wii...

What am I going to do? If I order the pre-order pack, which I would love to do, I get the PC version! Then I have to go and buy the WiiWare games separately! Why isn't there a Wii pre-order package, where you will receive the Wii disc instead of the PC one?

Comments

• edited June 2009
    lonevvolf wrote: »
    What am I going to do? If I order the pre-order pack, which I would love to do, I get the PC version! Then I have to go and buy the WiiWare games separately! Why isn't there a Wii pre-order package, where you will receive the Wii disc instead of the PC one?

because you download it via wiiware
  • edited June 2009
    Ah, but Telltale has released compilations of Wii games on DVD before, which were originally only on WiiWare. Couldn't they offer the Wii compilation in the pre-order?
  • edited June 2009
    Yeah, I'd prefer a wii DVD instead of stuffing my wii with wiiware. I really hope they release a wii dvd once every episode has been released.
  • edited June 2009
    It won't. There aren't any plans to put SBCG4AP on a Wii disc. Sam & Max is on a Wii disc but it was never on Wiiware either.
  • edited June 2009
    That's disheartening... well, I put that in the complaint thread lol
  • edited June 2009
    If you have an Intel Mac you could always go the route of playing it through Bootcamp.
  • edited June 2009
    Yeah. Blah to taking up precious HD space with Windows just for that. I already tried Sam and Max in a virtual machine, but didn't have any luck with getting D3D working. :(
  • edited June 2009
    lonevvolf wrote: »
    Yeah. Blah to taking up precious HD space with Windows just for that. I already tried Sam and Max in a virtual machine, but didn't have any luck with getting D3D working. :(
    Virtual machines and running Bootcamp on an Intel Mac are two entirely different things. Virtual Machines are not meant to emulate 3D.
  • edited June 2009
    I'm guessing you are using the old macbook like me. It doesn't work on VM, but I heard it does on bootcamp. I never found a good reason to install bootcamp since they released S&M for wii. :)

The new aluminium macbooks should be able to run it since their graphic cards are better.
  • edited June 2009
    Mac is a toys.
    Get a Windows 7 and enjoy
  • edited June 2009
    You've obviously never used one, or are a troll!
  • edited June 2009
    Now, now boys... let's not start a fight between pc vs macs again ;)
  • edited June 2009
    PipSqueak wrote: »

Agreed ;)
  • edited June 2009

Instead, let's start a fight between Amiga and Atari!
  • edited June 2009
    Instead, let's start a fight between Amiga and Atari!

Bah. Who cares about that. But if you want to argue about the Spectrum 48k vs the Commodore 64, you're on!
  • edited June 2009
    I'm guessing you are using the old macbook like me. It doesn't work on VM, but I heard it does on bootcamp. I never found a good reason to install bootcamp since they released S&M for wii. :)

The new aluminium macbooks should be able to run it since their graphic cards are better.

One huge problem with the old macbooks is the sorry for the word but I do not know anything better which describes it in a more polite way, "shitty graphics chipset straight from Intels garbage dump".
    I dont know how much the engine scales down it might work on a setting of 1 or 2!
    Maybe anyone from Telltale might jump in and might know if the game runs at all on the intel i95x graphics chips.
    I am so glad Apple finally dumped this garbage in favor of a decent graphics chip!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.