The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator
    edited June 2014

When you say act natural, it's more of a way of saying get rid of your dirty secrets or stop doing whatever you were planning to do right now.

When someone says "act natural" NO ONE acts natural. Why did you say it ;_;

• So that's what is going on... :(

I just found out Markd got banned! WHAT THE!? WHY?!

• I just found out Markd got banned! WHAT THE!? WHY?!

• He will be missed.

Mark is probably like

Alt text

And since were posting songs...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mk7-GRWq7wA

Markd https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9nPf7w7pDI

• ;_; That song fits so well!

I feel like doing something in honor of him but I don't know what.

He will be missed. Mark is probably like And since were posting songs... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mk7-GRWq7wA

• Why's Ozzyuk now a moderator? Not that I have something against it, but it's kind of weird...

• She is right, people should be judged from their behaviour, not because trolls flag them.

I was in the episode 4 release date and one time i think there was about 14 dislike trolls. Yes, 14. Who says they cant flag users also and get them banned for no reason?

• I noticed that too. I guess he's replacing DarthMarsden? (WHY IS DARTH NOT MOD ANYMORE?)

I don't know. The mods say they are chosen if they have good grammar, and punctuation, post intelligent stuff, and are good users, or something like that.

Alive_Clem posted: »

Why's Ozzyuk now a moderator? Not that I have something against it, but it's kind of weird...

• I'm not implying that, I'm implying that yoy guys are not answering our questions.

If you are implying we are intimidated, that's not the case. Jennifer and Vain already gave good explanations.

• AWESOMEOAWESOMEO Banned
    edited June 2014

Mods, you say we are the reason they are banned, because we complain, give me 1 reason we'd want Markd banned.

Didn't it occur to you that it could be trolls flagging us?

Start judging people by their behavior and STOP ACTING LIKE ROBOTS.

You know what I find hilarious? The mods are here to maintain order, but it seems like all those thoughtless acts you don't even hesitate to do are only doing the exact opposite of why you became mods in the first place, please just try to be logical and see why we are so upset.

• I'm posting Joker gifs for him, and I'm going to change my profile picture :).

;_; That song fits so well! I feel like doing something in honor of him but I don't know what.

• I saw that also and replied to him. I don't think he replied back though.

Why's Ozzyuk now a moderator? Not that I have something against it, but it's kind of weird...

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

Currently this place is really tense. Let's all think of something funny and/or adorable.

• VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited June 2014

Who says they cant flag uses also and get them banned for no reason?

That doesn't happen. The present system is more or less just a member's call for further investigation. But of course the moderator still has to assess the situation thoroughly before she or he does anything.

And we get rather cranky when a member flags 15 posts with no reason at all...

Also, rest assured: dislikes mean nothing. ABSOLUTELY nothing. You can have a 100 dislikes on a single post and we'd never know about that.

I was in the episode 4 release date and one time i think there was about 14 dislike trolls. Yes, 14. Who says they cant flag users also and get them banned for no reason?

• Her/His description his: "I am a volunteer Moderator for the Telltale forums, I don't work for Telltale and any statement or opinions I make are not representative of Telltale."

So I guess she/he asked them if she/he could be a moderator?

I noticed that too. I guess he's replacing DarthMarsden? (WHY IS DARTH NOT MOD ANYMORE?) I don't know. The mods say they are chosen if they have good grammar, and punctuation, post intelligent stuff, and are good users, or something like that.

• This complaining is making them angry! But I'm bored so this is going to be fun :).

Alt text

AWESOMEO posted: »

Mods, you say we are the reason they are banned, because we complain, give me 1 reason we'd want Markd banned. Didn't it occur to you tha

• MrLee was also very nice, and he was banned for some reason...

Ugh.... WhatTheDuck, and now Mark.... Why don't they just start banning me...

• Ugh. I'm sorry for acting like a douche on the last couple of days :( Times can just be better for me right now.

• Thank you for clearing that up.

Vainamoinen posted: »

Who says they cant flag uses also and get them banned for no reason? That doesn't happen. The present system is more or less just a

• He/she is commenting like a normal member. I guess ozzyuk asked them if she could be a moderator? Idk...

I saw that also and replied to him. I don't think he replied back though.

• Don't use those joker gifs, it will just remind me of Mark :(

LOL. That is quite hilarious .

• Nope.

dojo32161 posted: »

Currently this place is really tense. Let's all think of something funny and/or adorable.

• That's because, Mods can't talk to peasants like us. xD

I saw that also and replied to him. I don't think he replied back though.

• I didn't understand why it can't be trolls, EVERY person can just flag you if he sees it right, how do you know they weren't just having a bad day and were pissed off?

Vainamoinen posted: »

Who says they cant flag uses also and get them banned for no reason? That doesn't happen. The present system is more or less just a

• Okay so... Mark got banned. Ozzyuk is now a moderator. What more did I miss?

Mods, you say we are the reason they are banned, because we complain, give me 1 reason we'd want Markd banned. Didn't it occur to you tha

• He had more than one account. That's against the rules on pretty much every forum.

MrLee was also very nice, and he was banned for some reason...

• Im changing my profile picture also. I thought of that earlier but thought it was a bad idea.. i guess not though.:)

I'm posting Joker gifs for him, and I'm going to change my profile picture .

• That's so great! I salute you sir.

I'm posting Joker gifs for him, and I'm going to change my profile picture .

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

I was invited to become a mod :) Darth has been gone a while so i guess they wanted more help.

Her/His description his: "I am a volunteer Moderator for the Telltale forums, I don't work for Telltale and any statement or opinions I make are not representative of Telltale." So I guess she/he asked them if she/he could be a moderator?

• Why's Ozzyuk now a moderator?

Moderators are voluntary here. The mod squad usually carefully chooses a new member from the community and will then ask her/him if he's interested. Then if Laura consents, it's a go.

Darth hasn't been a mod for months now. He has asked to leave in... April, I think? I can tell you: we miss him a whole lot.

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited June 2014

Telltale staff members and/or current volunteer moderators choose new moderators from users that show good moderator potential and/or knowledge of Telltale so that we can assist new users. As a matter of fact, even @Puzzlebox used to be a mod and now she works at Telltale as a community manager.

In other words, you don't ask. You get chosen for being a great member of the community that can contribute something to the mod team.

He/she is commenting like a normal member. I guess ozzyuk asked them if she could be a moderator? Idk...

• OH MY GOD JOSEF STALIN

XDDDDDD

AGH

He said his opinion, we've got a Josef Stalin as a moderator somewhere.

• I guess, he probably just didn't know.

Giraffehat posted: »

He had more than one account. That's against the rules on pretty much every forum.

• Can i cry with you? :(

Deceptio posted: »

Don't use those joker gifs, it will just remind me of Mark

• I have the right to complain, don't I?

This complaining is making them angry! But I'm bored so this is going to be fun .

• The forum had a shitload of bug waves yesterday and no one could post anything for like 30 minutes.

Okay so... Mark got banned. Ozzyuk is now a moderator. What more did I miss?

• Nothing much, but there's hell here, and i think these peeps are planning a revolution or somethin'. :/

Okay so... Mark got banned. Ozzyuk is now a moderator. What more did I miss?

• You're right, it seems like people think it makes them better than us, so they have to agree with them.

Truth is we still have a say in it.

TDMshadowCP posted: »

That's because, Mods can't talk to peasants like us. xD

• Ignorance of the law is not excuse for breaking it.

I guess, he probably just didn't know.

• Again, you need not worry as Vain already mentioned that Moderators have to manually assess situations ourselves.

We choose to approve or ignore reported posts, or we can also choose to take our own course of action such as leaving a warning in a thread, closing a thread, or PMing a user.

I didn't understand why it can't be trolls, EVERY person can just flag you if he sees it right, how do you know they weren't just having a bad day and were pissed off?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.