The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• Are the joker gifs a sign of respect for Mark? Like, this is our way of grieving his loss?

Alt text

It's a cool idea. EVERYONE. USE JOKER ON THEIR ASS!

This complaining is making them angry! But I'm bored so this is going to be fun .

• Thanks.

Alt text

AWESOMEO posted: »

That's so great! I salute you sir.

• PIKA-CHU! :3

dojo32161 posted: »

Currently this place is really tense. Let's all think of something funny and/or adorable.

• VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited June 2014

Didn't it occur to you that it could be trolls flagging us?

You misunderstand the flag system. Community member thinks something is wrong, flags a post. Moderator sees post report, looks at the post like a human being, gathers conversational context, takes forum guidelines into consideration, makes a difficult decision.

Mods, you say we are the reason they are banned, because we complain, give me 1 reason we'd want Markd banned. Didn't it occur to you tha

• Fabulous. Join me in the Joker revolution!

Alt text

Im changing my profile picture also. I thought of that earlier but thought it was a bad idea.. i guess not though.:)

• edited June 2014

Okay. Thank you for answering me :)

Vainamoinen posted: »

Why's Ozzyuk now a moderator? Moderators are voluntary here. The mod squad usually carefully chooses a new member from the community

• Sorry :(. I'm trying to commemorate his awesomeness.

Deceptio posted: »

Don't use those joker gifs, it will just remind me of Mark

• "Fuck school."

"Fucking exams."

"Fuck these fucking exams, fuck school, i am tired of this shit!"

:3

Sorry, i felt like i should do this flashback kinda thing. And, it's okay, i totes understand you, school was stressful for me as well, and it will be even more so next year. >.>

Ugh. I'm sorry for acting like a douche on the last couple of days Times can just be better for me right now.

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited June 2014

people should be judged from their behavior

You will be happy to know that is already the case. We don't go around punishing people for every single flagged post ever reported, and we manually look into the context of why each post was flagged prior to doing anything.

There's always a good reason for why a user has been banned, but when we flag an offensive/troll post, you guys might not always be able to see the reasoning behind what caused a user to be banned.

She is right, people should be judged from their behaviour, not because trolls flag them.

• edited June 2014

I guess it's fair enough. Thank you for answering me.

Telltale staff members and/or current volunteer moderators choose new moderators from users that show good moderator potential and/or knowle

• Yep. Yes you do.

I have the right to complain, don't I?

• You changed your profile pic NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Thank you for clearing that up.

• I expected you to say that, but this is not the case, it's not real life and he has a right to be warned before he is banned.

Giraffehat posted: »

Ignorance of the law is not excuse for breaking it.

• So... Revolution in the forum?

The forum had a shitload of bug waves yesterday and no one could post anything for like 30 minutes.

• DeceptioDeceptio Banned
    edited June 2014

Haha, yeah, I was saying "fuck" in like every single sentence. And actually, it's not school that's been stressing me out. Yeah, those motherfucking exams are putting a toll on me, but mostly personal shit.

Azlyn posted: »

"Fuck school." "Fucking exams." "Fuck these fucking exams, fuck school, i am tired of this shit!" Sorry, i felt like i should d

• AWESOMEOAWESOMEO Banned
    edited June 2014

What classifies a "Community member"? A member is someone with an account and that could also be a troll.

As I said, give me a good reason Markd was banned for and I'll leave this alone.

Didn't it occur to you that it could be trolls flagging us? You misunderstand the flag system. Community member thinks something is

• Yes, we shall all remember Mark together. :(

Alt text

Can i cry with you?

edited June 2014

Not happening. I respect the guy. No accusation without the accused. Ask him when he's back.

What classifies a "Community member"? A member is someone with an account and that could also be a troll. As I said, give me a good reason Markd was banned for and I'll leave this alone.

• Peasant revolt!

Nothing much, but there's hell here, and i think these peeps are planning a revolution or somethin'.

• Don't worry, you're doing the right thing :(

Sorry . I'm trying to commemorate his awesomeness.

• Alt text

Alt text

Are the joker gifs a sign of respect for Mark? Like, this is our way of grieving his loss? It's a cool idea. EVERYONE. USE JOKER ON THEIR ASS!

• Whoever flagged a post is irrelevant.

If there is no good reason a post has been flagged, we don't do anything about it. Worst case scenario, we waste time trying to find the context behind why a post was flagged.

What classifies a "Community member"? A member is someone with an account and that could also be a troll. As I said, give me a good reason Markd was banned for and I'll leave this alone.

• I see why this is funny, but it's also kinda sad people actually make that comparison.

OH MY GOD JOSEF STALIN XDDDDDD AGH

• So can you please tell us why Markd was banned? And how many people flagged him?

Again, you need not worry as Vain already mentioned that Moderators have to manually assess situations ourselves. We choose to approve or

edited June 2014

If we can't see the reason I think it'll be a good idea you explain it to us, he was a good man who never wronged anyone, who could possibly report him BUT trolls?

people should be judged from their behavior You will be happy to know that is already the case. We don't go around punishing people

• Yeahhhh, finally something happens here.

Nothing much, but there's hell here, and i think these peeps are planning a revolution or somethin'.

He will be back.... "Soon."

Don't worry, you're doing the right thing

• It's not the mods' responsibility to go around regurgitating the rules every single time they're broken. It is the responsibility of each and every user to ensure the safety of their own account.

I expected you to say that, but this is not the case, it's not real life and he has a right to be warned before he is banned.

edited June 2014

But he did nothing wrong, they are not robots, they can look into his past and see if he ever did anything wrong, it could've been a misunderstanding.

And still, they could have warned him.

Giraffehat posted: »

It's not the mods' responsibility to go around regurgitating the rules every single time they're broken. It is the responsibility of each and every user to ensure the safety of their own account.

• If it was flagged for a good reason, can we know this reason? I'm asking will all due respect here.

Whoever flagged a post is irrelevant. If there is no good reason a post has been flagged, we don't do anything about it. Worst case scenario, we waste time trying to find the context behind why a post was flagged.

• No need to call it a revolution, we don't want their head on a stick, we just want them to see why Markd and the others did nothing wrong.

Alive_Clem posted: »

So... Revolution in the forum?

edited June 2014

I do hope he comes back. Honestly.

The problem is he specifically said he had enough of it, I think this hurt him and I'm not sure if he will come back.

• Pika-pi!

PIKA-CHU!

• The problem is he specifically said he had enough of it, I think this hurt him and I'm not sure if he will come back.

Not happening. I respect the guy. No accusation without the accused. Ask him when he's back.

• I jokered my Gravatar lol XD

Revolution!

Alt text

• That's fair, I still can't understand what he did wrong.

Whoever flagged a post is irrelevant. If there is no good reason a post has been flagged, we don't do anything about it. Worst case scenario, we waste time trying to find the context behind why a post was flagged.

• Soon...

Thanks . He will be back.... "Soon."

• I seem to recall him making a lot of pointless, off topic threads. Maybe some other stuff, but it's been a while. And the rules are clear. He was banned the first time, and then came back. He was unwilling to accept the rules, therefore he has no right to be a member of this forum. Rights come with responsibilities.

But he did nothing wrong, they are not robots, they can look into his past and see if he ever did anything wrong, it could've been a misunderstanding. And still, they could have warned him.

• Guys, seriously. We've said that you can't talk about banned member reasons here.

So if you're posting that stuff, we're acting on it.

So don't, OK?

• That's epic.

I jokered my Gravatar lol XD Revolution!

Sign in to comment in this discussion.