More dirt?

One of my problems with the last two MI-games is that they're too clean, both environments and people. And it's not easier to avoid this in full 3d, I guess. I can't help but think of Phatt Island in MI2 where the walls on the houses are dirty and cracked, garbage in the streets, just a feeling of.. uncleanness (is that a word?). It's a world of pirates, they don't care much for conservation/washing/cleaning of neither themselves or the environments. Just some examples, but I hope you see what I mean. Adds to the atmosphere and makes the places/pirates feel more authentic, older. Decay is good :) I hope the new games won't look too clean, but it kinda looks that way from pictures/videos. Rough it up a little, please?

Comments

• edited June 2009
    This goes for a lot of games, and I agree.

But I haven't played the Telltale ones yet, so I can't say how they fare in this regard.

Not that it really matters *that* much anyway, though.

EDIT - I just remembered, this was a complaint I had (along with TONS of other complaints) about the 'new' Star Wars prequels. They looked too clean and sterile compared to the old trilogy.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.