Your Spouse's/Significant Other's Opinion of Monkey Island

Here's a different kind of poll. If you have a spouse or girlfriend/boyfriend, what does he/she think of Monkey Island and your attachment to it?

Myself, my wife likes adventures in general but is not quite as into them as I am. She does like Monkey Island, though. But not as much as I do. She was excited about the new TMI news, though! She's especially enjoying getting through MI2 right now.

Comments

• edited June 2009
    When I read the title, I thought it meant your wife/husband... which would disqualify me forever as there is *no way* I'm ever getting married :D

Anyway, my last ex-girlfriend loved all things Monkey Island... pretty much every Lucasarts adventure game and lots of Sierra ones as well. Was great.
  • edited June 2009
    She's getting really annoyed with me playing the soundtracks in the house and whenever we drive somewhere =p although "A Pirate I Was Meant To Be" came on today and she laughed during it, and she thinks that TMI looks interesting/funny. I may convert her yet =D
  • edited June 2009
    My wife always asks why I feel the need to play that "old crappy looking kids game."
  • edited June 2009
    This poll needs a "I don't have a spouse/significant other" option. Then again, I guess that I am disqualified from this thread, anyway. Do we have enough polls on this forum yet?
  • edited June 2009
    mhaley wrote: »
    Do we have enough polls on this forum yet?

You could always create a poll to find out. :p

Stop! Step away from the keyboard. I see you trying to actually make the poll. *accusing stare*
  • edited June 2009
    Shmeh wrote: »
    Stop! Step away from the keyboard. I see you trying to actually make the poll. *accusing stare*
    Actually, no. There are already enough polls as it is. What's next, "How old were you when you first played Monkey Island?" That actually seems likely (if it has not already been done), but I don't want to give anyone ideas. Sooner or later, there will be a poll on "How many nose hairs should Guybrush have?"
  • edited June 2009
    Nonsense! We can NEVER have enough polls!! :cool:
  • edited June 2009
    mhaley wrote: »
    "How many nose hairs should Guybrush have?"

23 nose hairs. No more, No Less :D
  • edited June 2009
    My current partner-to-be doesn't know much about gaming, and most likely never heard of Monkey Island. I'll surely show her and hopefully she will enjoy playing ToMI together with me :)
  • edited June 2009
    My significant other is Murray...
  • edited June 2009
    You, sir, win the poll.
  • edited June 2009
    I dont think he likes Monkey Island very much

He doesnt get actors wage, but Extra's wage
  • edited June 2009
    I'm always trying to get my wife into video games... somewhere out there I know there's a game she'd like.

When I suggested she play the revamped MI1 when it comes out, she said "I've already played that game. Saved the princess and everything!" I laughed at her for 10 minutes.

Princess thing aside, it turns out she was talking about CMI. I guess she's not really a fan.
  • edited June 2009
    I've introduced my partner to Monkey Island and he seems to be as into it as I am.

Not to mention that we frequently giggle over Guybrush's "hot monkey vengeance" line.
  • edited June 2009
    I dont think she's ever played a video game at all, let alone an adventure game.

My 33 year old sister was quite excited by the news of a new MI game though.
  • edited June 2009
    I once suggested role playing as Elaine and Guybrush...didn't go well
  • edited June 2009
    My girlfriend has never heard of Monkey Island. My extensive Sam and Max purchases have made her WELL aware of that series.

She's now seen the trailer, and the reply was something along the lines of "I didn't expect it to make me laugh so much" and "I really like the music." I'm thinking I may get Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition for her when that comes out.
  • edited June 2009
    My girlfriend like the humor and story in Monkey Island, but first of all lack the right temper to sit down and figure out the puzzles in the game, therefore asking me for help all the time (which takes the fun out of it). The longest she ever played the game (with me as a hotline, of course) was about 20 mins :P

She's just not into computer games, but she likes the humor in MI.

Bad cocktail
  • edited June 2009
    My GF just loves the MI games, perhaps she does not have the nostalgia connection with it as I have, but she has played (and finished) them all. She loves em! :) (and that's why I love her! :) )

(she tolerates my Indiana Jones obsession, as long as I do not clutter the house too much with all my "junk" and "toys" )
Sign in to comment in this discussion.