Retaining items in new episodes

I hope Guybrush will retain some inventory items from the previous episode. It would help the feeling of it being one complete story.

Have any other Telltale games done this? I've not played them all.

Comments

• edited June 2009
    None of the other TT games have done this, but the TMI chapters will function as actual in-game MI style chapters, so it's not impossible that you may see items jump from one chapter to the next.

CMI had an interesting scheme where items you didn't need disappeared with the next chapter (such as when they shipwrecked on Blood Island). I forget if SMI or MI2 did this as well.
  • edited June 2009
    None of the other TT games have done this, but the TMI chapters will function as actual in-game MI style chapters, so it's not impossible that you may see items jump from one chapter to the next.

CMI had an interesting scheme where items you didn't need disappeared with the next chapter (such as when they shipwrecked on Blood Island). I forget if SMI or MI2 did this as well.

I'm pretty sure MI2 did.
  • edited June 2009
    http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8694
    Jake at Telltale:
    You'll be carrying some items from episode to episode. Probably not many superfluous ones, because that would be hard to track (impossible on the Wii, since we can't easily read save data from one episode in another), but there will be situations where you pick something up in an episode and don't end up needing it until an episode or two down the line, or it has multiple uses which come into play far later.
  • edited June 2009
    A specific item or two carries over in a couple places in the Sam & Max games... I remember the "Tear Gas Grenade Launcher" appearing in a couple episodes in Season 1, and you carry an egg from one episode to another in Season 2.
  • edited June 2009
    I hope that by the last chapter we could have a really big stuffed inventory.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.