I'm from the UK is all hope lost?

edited June 2009 in Tales of Monkey Island
As a die-hard MI fan with a copy of SoMI on 8 very large floppy discs sitting right next to me in a drawer so that I can rememebr the days that those large floppy discs could work in my machine I was absolutly delighted to learn about MI5 in development!

The episodic releases intrigued me and raised a few questions namely
1. Will this work on UK pcs?
2. Will I be reminded in an email to download the next chapter if some how i forget?

and finally most important:

3. Even though I am in the UK is it still possible to pre-order with my silly british money? I really really want a hard copy to look at and smile and pass down the generations, will you be able to ship me one? If so what is the charge or will there be a UK distributer set up?

Thank you in advance especially for creating a game that has been playing with my mind since I completed MI4 all those years ago!

Fwed1
(I'm a mighty pirate!)

Comments

• edited June 2009
    If you can use PayPal, you can pay with your silly British Sterling, as PayPal will automatically convert valuta.
    And what's different from a UK PC to a Dutch, or US or Scandinavian or whatever PC? Does it have an accent or something? Or a different attitude? :)
  • edited June 2009
    A UK PC is no different than any other PC. If you sign up for Telltale's newsletter, I'm sure you'll see when the new episodes come out. Yes, you can order online with any sort of money you have. You'll just have to convert it, which I believe is done automatically in the store.
  • edited June 2009
    I thought the money thing was true as I have purchased t shirts though a US website before it is just they had a specific UK market so I thought it might be different.

Also I am useless with computers and I don't know if there is a difference or not! I know DVDs and Video games are different but I wasn't sure about PC.

Does anyone know about shipping costs?
  • edited June 2009
    fwed1 wrote: »
    Does anyone know about shipping costs?
    The only time you will have to pay for shipping is if you choose to buy the DVD at the end of the season. On a monthly basis from July-November, one episode of Tales of Monkey Island will be available for purchase and download. If you've paid for the entire season, a few months after the season is over, you can get the DVD for just the cost of shipping. I've heard from others that it isn't very expensive to the UK.
  • edited June 2009
    I DO want the disc and I would like a precise cost as I would need to transfer the correct amount to my paypal or debit card. Sorry if I sound rude but I am excited and want to preorder right away!
  • edited June 2009
    I DO want the disc and I would like a precise cost as I would need to transfer the correct amount to my paypal or debit card. Sorry if I sound rude but I am excited and want to preorder right away!
    You still can't order the disc until the season is over, so you probably won't be able to get the disc until sometime near or after the end of this year.

The way Telltale works is that they release episodes of a season for each game series. Each episode comes out on a monthly basis and is available for download only. After the season is complete, a few months later they put the option to buy the DVD of the season on the website.

If you pre-order now, you have the ability to download each episode of Tales of Monkey Island as they are released each month from July through November. It won't be until sometime after all those episodes are out that you will be able to get the disc. For the pre-order, this is no cost for shipping because you aren't ordering anything to be shipped.
  • edited June 2009
    Oh OK thanks, if I pre order is that a kind of contract for me to buy the hard copy? Because if shipping is too high i would have to pass.
  • edited June 2009
    Oh OK thanks, if I pre order is that a kind of contract for me to buy the hard copy? Because if shipping is too high i would have to pass.
    You have no obligation to buy the DVD. It's just an option available for you if you have purchased all the episodes. :)
  • edited June 2009
    I would like a precise cost as I would need to transfer the correct amount to my paypal or debit card.
    I don't need to transfer anything to my PayPal account anymore. I can pay with it like a credit card. It will automatically deduct the needed amount from my bank account :) And yes it makes it easy for impulse purchases :p
  • edited June 2009
    Yes you will be reminded by telltales im sure

but seriously how can you forget?

I know once i finish ep 1 ill keep coming back to this site and will be kept on reminded
  • edited June 2009
    If you do buy the full season (preorder or not) then you'll get an email on the day of release with a link to download each episode.
  • edited June 2009
    and finally most important:

3. Even though I am in the UK is it still possible to pre-order with my silly british money?

You cant be serious can you....
  • edited June 2009
    1. Will this work on UK pcs?

As someone else already mentioned, computers are not region encoded like DVD players. Any reasonably new PC with Windows XP or Vista should be able to play it. That said, you should still look at the system requirement on the preorder page to make sure your computer can handle the game from a technical standpoint.
  • edited June 2009
    I'm from the UK too and order everything on here with ease. There is no obligation to buy the DVD at the end, but it'll work fine with your PC is you choose to get it. Unlike movies and console games they are not region-locked so you can order PC games from anywhere.

And the DVD will be free, so you might as well get it!
  • edited June 2009
    I'm loving buying things with my awesome Sterling from America at the moment, good exchange rates FTW shame it's not at the 2:1 ratio it was last summer with the Euro at 1.50.
  • edited June 2009
    serweet wrote: »
    I'm loving buying things with my awesome Sterling from America at the moment, good exchange rates FTW shame it's not at the 2:1 ratio it was last summer with the Euro at 1.50.
    Yeah and now it's getting close to 1:1.10 in Sterling vs Euro :) (1.13739 to be exact, at this current moment)
  • edited June 2009
    Yeah and now it's getting close to 1:1.10 in Sterling vs Euro :) (1.13739 to be exact, at this current moment)

It was down at 1.06 at it's lowest. The Pound is storming back up, and will hopefully be much greater by the time I come to Berlin in 3weeks.
  • edited June 2009
    Shiversul wrote: »
    You cant be serious can you....

I stumbled oer MI5 at 4am as I was about to go to bed as I was very tired and very excited. At the time thought it was funny.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.