No more Sam & Max in SOMI?

mismdott.jpg

They replaced them with Purple Tentacle!

Thoughts?

Comments

• edited June 2009
    LucasArts no longer owns the rights to the S&M license, so I guess that's kind of logical. a MM-reference is a nice substitute, though.
  • edited June 2009
    lol in the like hundred times ive finished somi i never noticed that max idol! maybe because samnmax is owned by stever percell rather than lucasarts and he wasnt involved with the remake
  • edited June 2009
    Despite some criticism I have towards Guybrush's new look in the special edition, I have to say.. the updated monkey head just looks so damn awesome.
  • edited June 2009
    It looks awesome... apart from the new Guybrush's head! Yikes!

fckhead.jpg
  • edited June 2009
    It looks awesome... apart from the new Guybrush's head! Yikes!

fckhead.jpg
    The head is fine, it's the hair I don't like. It makes him look like a caricature of David Spade.
  • edited June 2009
    linkdragon wrote: »
    The head is fine, it's the hair I don't like. It makes him look like a caricature of David Spade.

Yup. Especially because Guybrush looks like he's sporting a faux hawk in-game.
  • edited June 2009
    This Guybrush rocks, I have some problems accepting the hair too. But I think it just rocks hard.
  • edited June 2009
    Guybrush's forehead is too large. His hair should be lower.
  • edited June 2009
    I actually like DOTT more than Sam and Max. Sorry telltale!
  • edited June 2009
    Here's hoping for some new maniac mansion games/remakes
  • edited June 2009
    Bagge wrote: »
    LucasArts no longer owns the rights to the S&M.

FYI they never did.

What with a bit of possible fallout between them and Steve, I think their lawyers probably told them to play it safe and stop giving Cameos to a character that wasn't actually theirs.
  • edited June 2009
    Scapetti wrote: »
    Here's hoping for some new maniac mansion games/remakes

This - perhaps if you examine the Tentacle statue you'll get a hint about a DOTT Special Edition that may be in the works...
  • 99X99X
    edited June 2009
    xChri5x wrote: »
    mismdott.jpg

They replaced them with Purple Tentacle!

Thoughts?

that's awesome! Maybe it's a hint that they'll make more adventure games with these other brands!
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2009
    natlinxz wrote: »
    I actually like DOTT more than Sam and Max. Sorry telltale!

Why are you apologizing? The Dave Grossman, who co-designed DOTT, oversees the design on all of our games. ;)
  • edited June 2009
    dott is bloody hilarious. I lol'd playing that game.
  • edited June 2009
    Actually wait... does that mean the retro version included, is ALSO replaced with purple tentacle?
  • edited June 2009
    Scapetti wrote: »
    Actually wait... does that mean the retro version included, is ALSO replaced with purple tentacle?

I get the impression the original game is not beign touched, so I would predict it to still be there.
  • edited June 2009
    Perhaps this is a sign of...

Return...to the Mansion!
  • edited June 2009
    Perhaps this is a sign of...

Return...to the Mansion!

I was thinking that too. Could this be a sign of a MM or DOTT revival???

But what would happen if you morphed back to original at that scene will it be S&M???
  • edited June 2009
    GAH!!!! SPOILERS!!!! just kidding.... I agree anything from the Maniac Mansion series is an acceptable substitute...

I just hope that Telltale will still be able to make references to Star Wars.. those are great.
  • edited June 2009
    In a not-so-surprising move, LucasArts confirmed today that Telltale Games will be developing Maniac Mansion Adventures! A five chapter long saga that begins, obviously enough, at the mansion, and ends with an explosive finale in space. What crazy thing could purple tentacle be up to this time?

Okay, that whole paragraph was rubbish.
  • edited June 2009
    You're a mean, mean, person LOL
Sign in to comment in this discussion.