The release day - why the 7th of July?

Hi

I have been surfing around and cannot find any direct link between the monkey island games and that date.

Is there any particular reason that you have chosen that day for release of the best thing that has ever happend in the adventuregame industry? :D

Regards
Peter

Comments

• edited June 2009
    it's most likely since that's the time it will be ready to be released. Even now they are still doing the final changes like control issues and such.

oh, plus it's international pirate day. (joking, though I think there is a day called that. Not official though)
  • edited June 2009
    Talk Like A Pirate day is Sep 19. Wonder if there will be any Easter Eggs if your playing Tales on that day...

www.talklikeapirate.com
  • edited June 2009
    So does this mean that the game won't be released for the wii and pc at the same time? Sorry if I missed it before. XP
  • edited June 2009
    They're not sure yet. Though it was mentioned that Wiiware release dates are on Mondays (in NA, anyway) and the 7th is a Tuesday so you might have to wait a week for the Wiiware version.
  • edited June 2009
    I have been surfing around and cannot find any direct link between the monkey island games and that date.

Is there any particular reason that you have chosen that day for release of the best thing that has ever happend in the adventure game industry? :D

Wow, didn't you get the amazing hidden reference??? What till you see what TIME it's released!
  • edited June 2009
    7 minutes past 7?
  • edited June 2009
    Yes, it must have a secret relation to the game . I thought I heard once that 7 was a lucky number or something or a number that means perfection...something
  • edited June 2009
    7 is the number of God. Cuz its straight and perfect. Anyway i bought the game thinking it was gonna be shipped in a boxset and im kinda like neurotic to think that its only downloadable.

Was wondering what if its deleted or something can i redownload it?
    Also is this game can be bough in a store, cuzz i would really like to have it in a DVD.
  • edited June 2009
    I'm sure there's just a rigid timetable for episodic games the way Telltale does them, and they know when they're going to have everything squared away when it comes to finishing up the release of Wallace and Gromit, starting the release of Monkey Island, and maybe starting up the concept work on something else.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2009
    I think the 7th just made sense based on our schedule. If 7/7 makes it easier for you to remember, then there's that :)
  • edited June 2009
    So happy you announced it close to the release

Makes waiting less painfull
  • edited June 2009
    shouldve been released on the 09/09/09 9:09:09 for the lulz

NAWT
  • edited June 2009
    Everlast wrote: »
    7 is the number of God. Cuz its straight and perfect. Anyway i bought the game thinking it was gonna be shipped in a boxset and im kinda like neurotic to think that its only downloadable.

Also is this game can be bough in a store, cuzz i would really like to have it in a DVD.

You can download them as much as you want. The DVD won't be out until all 5 episodes are out.
  • edited June 2009
    Everlast wrote: »

If you buy the whole season (all 5 episodes) at the end of the season for only the cost of shipping you can receive a DVD that contains all the episodes. You can re download purchased episodes anytime you want.
  • edited June 2009
    Jake wrote: »
    I think the 7th just made sense based on our schedule. If 7/7 makes it easier for you to remember, then there's that :)

And as an added bonus, it's also 7/7 in countries that do day/month/year instead of the US month/day/year (which never made sense to me, but I guess it's what you're used to)
  • edited June 2009
    how does that not make sense? day, week, month, year. shortest to longest.
  • edited June 2009
    It's the month / day / year that doesn't make sense. I agree with you threepcross, going day/ month / year does make sense :)

It doesn't matter anyway - whichever way you look at it, Tales of MI is released 7/7/09
  • edited June 2009
    owh. I thought you meant that going dmy instead of mdy didn't make sense, hah.
  • edited June 2009
    If we are going into american quirks, can we go into their poor spellings concerning humour, colour and through. chorrr, madness. :P
  • edited June 2009
    serweet wrote: »
    If we are going into american quirks, can we go into their poor spellings concerning humour, colour and through. chorrr, madness. :P

I have been through this before, the us get confiscated at customs.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.