Episodes

edited June 2009 in Wallace & Gromit
Why can't we purchase episodes individually?

Comments

• edited April 2009
    we can, you just have to wait until the launch day
  • edited April 2009
    SuperBosco wrote: »
    we can, you just have to wait until the launch day

What? That's not true. Unless you're just talking about the Xbox Live release, which can ONLY be bought as separate episodes.

Anyway, Telltale is just trying something different with the way they're selling this season. Even though I'm a Season Set customer, I'm kinda iffy about it too. I mean, I got into Telltale games after playing Abe Lincoln Must Die when it became free. I mean, I was a fan of Sam and Max before that, but the demo for episode 1 didn't wow me.

The Season Upgrade is something that makes saying "try an episode" so much easier, after all.

I don't have the sales data that Telltale has, so I don't know why they did it exactly. But I don't think we can expect them to change it now.
  • edited April 2009
    I don't have the sales data that Telltale has, so I don't know why they did it exactly.

I don't either, but my tip would be that most people either bought season passes or upgraded to the season pass later - so why not simplify the license management by a factor of 5?
    I may be completely wrong, though.
  • edited April 2009
    I think in a few interviews they said most people tended to buy the entire season.. They were referring to season 1 of sam & max from memory.
  • edited June 2009
    So there will be NO upgrade possible for W & G once I claimed a free episode from pre-ordering Monkey Island? :(
  • edited June 2009
    Kyo555 wrote: »
    So there will be NO upgrade possible for W & G once I claimed a free episode from pre-ordering Monkey Island? :(
    Upgrades fpr $26 will be possible soon. - See Emily's post here.
  • edited June 2009
    Upgrades fpr $26 will be possible soon. - See Emily's post here.

well, even though it only saves 85c, it's better than saving nothing at all.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.