Anyone want more DLC remakes?

edited June 2009 in Tales of Monkey Island
I'm so hyped about Secret of Monkey Island getting remade for DLC. :D But it got me to thinking that Lechuck's Revenge would be awesome if it were remade as well. Then Curse could be put up, but it should be left exactly as it is, while Escape could have a new control scheme built into it (and maybe updating the character models would help too)

Then it got me to thinking: how about Day of the Tentacle and Sam and Max: Hit the Road on DLC? :D HtR with updated graphics, Jared doing the music and Nowlin and Kasten doing the voices = perfection as far as I'm concerned.

Then Maniac Mansion with new voices and remixes of the NES soundtrack would complete it. They could make a LucasArts Classic Collection! :eek:

Comments

• edited June 2009
    DLC, while not technically incorrect, is an odd choice of term, since it implies content that is downloaded and added into another game.

I do hope they keep making remakes, and I also hope that the later they go, the less they change: HtR and DoTT are both pretty near perfect as-is, so I wouldn't want them to do any more than retrace the art into a higher resolution.
  • edited June 2009
    I think I have said it before... but the only other thing I want them to do for the MI series is record some dialogue for LeChuck's revenge..

Then remakes of some of the other games would be cool.
  • edited June 2009
    I don't think DOTT or HtR need remaking - the only things that can change are the visuals and I personally feel that they look fine just as they are. The main thing I'm excited about with SMI:SE is the fact that they're added voices to the characters - I would have bought it with just that change alone.

So with that in mind the only LucasArts games I would like to see remakes for are MI2, Last Crusade & Zak McKraken. Possibly Maniac Mansion as well.
  • edited June 2009
    The producer for SoMI:SE said he'd be interested in doing more if it sells well. Remember, a good majority of the team are big fans of adventure games and they just happen to work at LucasArts too. In a Q&A on Facebook yesterday, the producer, when asked about a DoTT: SE replied "Shouldn't we start with Maniac Mansion first?" :D
  • edited June 2009
    I could never get into Maniac Mansion. I always liked DoTT though. I'd actually prefer DoTT:SE to come out first. Although MI2:SE would be the priority as it feels weird to leave it hanging.
  • edited June 2009
    Yeah I'd like to see a SE of MI2 before too :)
    Anyway Maniac Mansion was included in DOTT as you could play it through the computer in Ed's room. :D
  • edited June 2009
    Grulien wrote: »
    Anyway Maniac Mansion was included in DOTT as you could play it through the computer in Ed's room. :D

...which makes things interesting. If you make a Maniac Mansion:SE, THEN make a DOTT:SE, would the in-game Maniac Mansion for DOTT:SE be a SE. If so, will you charge double for DOTT:SE? Would you give a discount for MM:SE purchasers? (For clarity; the questions are meant to be rhetorical, but you can post your opinions if you like.)
  • edited June 2009
    Teeth wrote: »
    Then it got me to thinking: how about Day of the Tentacle and Sam and Max: Hit the Road on DLC? :D HtR with updated graphics, Jared doing the music and Nowlin and Kasten doing the voices = perfection as far as I'm concerned.

Yeah, as far as you're concerned.

But I bet it'd be a huge slap in the face to Farmer and Jameson. It's bad enough their other project they worked on was cancelled, and they weren't invited to do voice work in the episodic series, and now you want to replace all their hard work on the only project with the original voices that's being sold anywhere, i.e., anywhere that's not the United States?

Dude, callous.
  • edited June 2009
    Would they really need to remake Day Of The Tentacle? It already has an awesome soundtrack with a great voice-cast, and the 2D Toon animation just seems to age better than 3D. I guess they could clean up the animation (HD it!) and make it playable on game systems..But it really doesn't need the MI "Update".
  • edited June 2009
    I wouldn't like a remake of MI2, because I have played it through too many times. I wouldn't buy it. I'd like to see a new project instead, because I won't purchase anything like Maniac mansion. And I think the target audience would be far too narrow. I mean, I can shout like "O M G remake Pyjamara!" but at some point, it's more like lol get a grip. I hope TTgames gets enough cash from these endaviours so they can undertake something bigger.

How about Johnny Rocketfingers 3?
  • edited June 2009
    I want a MI2 remake more than any other game.
  • edited June 2009
    Maniac Mansion and (especially) Zak McKracken are probably too unforgiving to be commercially successfull today.
  • edited June 2009
    Bagge wrote: »
    Maniac Mansion and (especially) Zak McKracken are probably too unforgiving to be commercially successfull today.
    SoMI:SE comes with three hint levels, the most severe of which quite literally gives you a big yellow arrow pointing to the solution. With such a hint system implemented, I wouldn't really see the problem.
  • edited June 2009
    The hint system helps you solve puzzles when you are stuck, but does not remove the dead ends and the fact that you can die.
  • edited June 2009
    They could always make a "Lite" version where it's impossible to die...think Dangeresque: Roomisode One. ;) ("OR DID I?")
    lattsam wrote: »
    Yeah, as far as you're concerned.

But I bet it'd be a huge slap in the face to Farmer and Jameson. It's bad enough their other project they worked on was cancelled, and they weren't invited to do voice work in the episodic series, and now you want to replace all their hard work on the only project with the original voices that's being sold anywhere, i.e., anywhere that's not the United States?

Dude, callous.

Jeez, calm down. They're both professionals who've done loads of different things, I hardly think they'd be that depressed if a game they starred in 16 years ago was remade with new voice actors. Especially since S&M has continued without them since then. Plus I like the new guys better. :p As a compromise, I kinda figured it'd work like SoMI:SE, so you can change the view between the original (with original voices) and the updated version (with new voices/music).
  • edited June 2009
    They could always make a "Lite" version where it's impossible to die...think Dangeresque: Roomisode One. ;) ("OR DID I?")

The best solution would probably be to go for a Full Throttle-like dying system, but this would require a completely different approach to redoing the game than MI:SE. MI:SE is built on top of the original source code, just with added graphics and sounds, while removing dead ends and dying would require a complete remake of the game.
  • edited June 2009
    I really hope that they remake MI2 first of all! that should be really awsome!!
    Then the can do Maniac Mansion and DOTT (and ai think after that why not to make a series with DOTT with TTGames)
    The Sam & Max Remake should be really interested too!
    And then, why not THE DIG?? or The FullThrottle? well im getting really excited right now haha.
  • edited June 2009
    While I could see them remaking Hit the Road, there would be absolutely no reason to rerecord the voices. Same with DoTT.
  • edited June 2009
    LuigiHann wrote: »
    While I could see them remaking Hit the Road, there would be absolutely no reason to rerecord the voices. Same with DoTT.

Right on!
  • edited June 2009
    Jeez, calm down. They're both professionals who've done loads of different things, I hardly think they'd be that depressed if a game they starred in 16 years ago was remade with new voice actors. Especially since S&M has continued without them since then. Plus I like the new guys better. :p As a compromise, I kinda figured it'd work like SoMI:SE, so you can change the view between the original (with original voices) and the updated version (with new voices/music).

Give the current episodic series this feature, and you've got a deal!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.