W&G Control guide and Walkthrough

David EDavid E Telltale Alumni
edited August 2009 in Wallace & Gromit
New W&G content ahoy!

You guys might have already noted the existence of the Fright of the Bumblebees walkthrough that went up on launch day. That page probably doesn't require much explanation, since we've done the same thing for the last few games we've put out.

However, the control system in Wallace and Gromit is unique from our other titles, so we also quietly finished a brief PC control reference guide. It features ideal right- and left-handed options when playing on the keyboard, and it also highlights one thing that I personally found to be rad, the ability to exposing all the selectable stuff within the camera view by pressing the TAB key.

That's all for now; let me know what you think!

Comments

• edited March 2009
    Nice. Might be a good bonus for the DVD - a small card insert.
  • edited March 2009
    Is there any way to rearrange the controls?

W-S-A-D doesn't work on azerty keyboards.
  • edited March 2009
    Tolle wrote: »
    Is there any way to rearrange the controls?

W-S-A-D doesn't work on azerty keyboards.

This is sort of a hack, but you could activate a QUERTY layout in windows and switch to that when playing the game.

That said, +1 on the changing of keybindings. For the above mentioned reason.
  • edited March 2009
    The normal cursor keys work too! I guess it's less natural if you're right-handed (or normally use the mouse with your right hand) but it works fine, just move your keyboard a bit to the left.
  • edited March 2009
    controls are ridiculous your not making games for PHDs.
  • edited March 2009
    blueboid wrote: »

That's why there is a tutorial for you to learn the 5 keys on the keyboard that you really need.
  • NickTTGNickTTG Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2009
    blueboid wrote: »

Yes... the W, A, S, and D keys have never before been used in conjunction with a mouse. Telltale Games.... always pushing the limits.
  • edited April 2009
    NickTTG wrote: »
    Yes... the W, A, S, and D keys have never before been used in conjunction with a mouse. Telltale Games.... always pushing the limits.

Actually they have - in the RPG games Gothic 1+2 :)
  • edited April 2009
    t_a_o wrote: »
    And Neverwinter Nights 1+2 and Unreal 1,2/Unreal Tournament 1,2,3 and Far Cry and Crysis and Doom 1/2/3 and etc. etc. :D
  • edited April 2009
    *whoosh*
  • edited April 2009
    pulh4.jpg

I think some people may have missed the joke.
  • edited May 2009
    David E wrote: »
    New W&G content ahoy!
    However, the control system in Wallace and Gromit is unique from our other titles, so we also quietly finished a brief PC control reference guide.
    Do you think you could make that available as a PDF document for download? Thanks!
  • edited June 2009
    t_a_o wrote: »
    Actually most pc titles nowadays have wsad, most rpgs, all first person 3d games, and many strategy games as well, and pretty much every third person 3d game with a free floating camera on the pc has been using it for years.
  • edited June 2009
    werpu wrote: »
    Actually most pc titles nowadays have wsad, most rpgs, all first person 3d games, and many strategy games as well, and pretty much every third person 3d game with a free floating camera on the pc has been using it for years.

Err your sarcasm detector is broken dude!
  • edited June 2009
    catzilla wrote: »
    Err your sarcasm detector is broken dude!

/me:Wallace, my sarcasm detector is broken....

Wallace: Dont worry it will be fixed in no time

clank clank, clash, boom,....

Wallace: I´ve built ye a genuine improved saracsm detector, with my genuine fizzler, patent pending of course, you will be able to detect any hidden sarcasm in any forum worldwide. All you have to do is to pull this lever sticking out of your ear and then press this button on your behind...

/me walks off with a button on his buttocks and a lever in his head, not daring to sit down, of course....
  • edited August 2009
    Sans finding a better place to put this, thanks TT for adding, writing, etc. the muzzled walkthrough.
  • edited August 2009
    Hey this a very nice thread and some useful tips shared in the control guide and walk through. this is of real help. i will definitely use some of these things. Thanks
Sign in to comment in this discussion.