FAITH\NERISSA: SOLVED.

Comments

• Interesting point about The Little Mermaid sacrificing herself. I am not sure if she or Faith knew that Georgie would go so far as to remove the ribbon and kill her, but I agree that she was willing to take whatever heat that was coming Faith's way.

Regarding why the glamour on Nerissa's head didn't dispel, I believe it is because it doesn't dispel until someone removes the cap from the glamour tube. I do think there is a time limit as well, but I am not sure how long that is. Another thing is that we never actually see Nerissa's glamoured head after Dr. Swineheart takes it. Doesn't he mention something about still doing tests on it? Can't really remember, hehe.

the main reason why I think it has to be Faith as Nerissa and not the other way around is just the amazing way it fits with her fable.

• Yeah, he apparently noticed something was off and wanted to run more tests on it.

He's probably holding onto it for the sake of waiting for the glamour to run out of time on it's own since he doesn't have the tube to dispose of it manually.

Lee31 posted: »

Interesting point about The Little Mermaid sacrificing herself. I am not sure if she or Faith knew that Georgie would go so far as to remov

• Because the glamour tube needs to be opened first. The reason Lily's took a while was because it was defective.

Arrowify posted: »

Some great points I have and haven't thought of, with only one hole: how did Nerissa's head (glamoured as Faith's) not dispel as quickly as Lily's? Or at least by the end of the game?

• And the bruises could be fake, as in glamoured onto her head. Dr. Swineheart would notice that the bruises are fake and hence we would have to run more tests to determine the cause.

Pride posted: »

Yeah, he apparently noticed something was off and wanted to run more tests on it. He's probably holding onto it for the sake of waiting for the glamour to run out of time on it's own since he doesn't have the tube to dispose of it manually.

• Ok then, well if that's the case, I'm convinced Nerissa IS Nerissa and Faith is dead. I thought the mirror couldn't show her because She must have been glamoured.

Signyl posted: »

Someone seriously ought to make a masterpost of all the current clues... maybe when I'm less tired. Anyway, the Mirror can't scry anyone

• Dr. Swineheart wanted to run more tests on the head, yet doesn't for Lily. The bruises could be glamoured on the outside as in painted.

vynn007 posted: »

Ok then, well if that's the case, I'm convinced Nerissa IS Nerissa and Faith is dead. I thought the mirror couldn't show her because She must have been glamoured.

• But Georgie admits to killing them both. I know there was something about the bat and him thinking she was dead, but he'd know that he couldn't kill a Fable by hitting her with a bat. Plus, if he wanted to kill her, he'd just detach the ribbon. There's no mess and it gives the girls the scare message. No, two of the girls were definitely killed by Georgie, I didn't even think that was a question. I actually think TT did this all on purpose to make it too vague for an actual correct answer. I don't think Bigby even knows at the end, he just knows something is up. He's gonna figure it out in the sequel.

DrHog posted: »

I left out Nerissa cause in my theory she was dead a couple of hours after the game started, then had her head cut off by Faith and put on t

• I LOVE season 2 of Dead and I loved this game. I did posit in another thread though that I'm not even sure you can die in Wolf. I've been hit many times and missed many dodges and the outcome is still always the same. The only thing I haven't done is purposely just sit there during a fight and see what happens. But I usually die at least once in TWD just by missing one duck or attack. You're also correct about the choices. We DO get to hear different outcomes and characters react to you differently depending on the choices you make. And on the QTEs besides saving Lawrence, you get to see more or less depending on where you go first. For instance, if you jump on the Crooked Man's car, which is the one anyone in Bigby's position would go for since CM's the mastermind, you don't even get Vivien's story as she's dead already when you arrive at the P&P.

It was a shameless dumb trick to generate worthless hype for a sequel we will never see. They dramatically changed the outcome of the story

• Actually the Little Mermaid story is similar and that's why they put her call back in Bigby's flashback at the very end. TT WANTS us to believe it COULD be Faith OR Nerissa at the end. They also want us to know that something's up. The same thing Bigby realizes when she says her infamous line. The Little Mermaid pretends to be a human girl in order to win the Prince's heart. I don't particularly buy that all these Prince's in the stories we know and love are scum, but we're in an alternate Fable Universe and I'm enjoying the ride.

Pride posted: »

Faith is not dead from the beginning. The girl at the beginning is the real Faith. She brought the Donkeyskin to Woody's apartment and le

• But then, as a Doctor in involved in a murder investigation, he'd tell Bigby he needed to see that the bruises weren't real. I think no matter what reason Swineheart needed more time he'd actually call them in to show them, or tell them specifically. If he had, the mystery wouldn't be a surprise. Thing is, it's really just a plot hole because it makes no sense he wouldn't tell them something was up, unless, as has been suggested, he's in on it, but there are no real clues pointing to that.

LukaszB posted: »

And the bruises could be fake, as in glamoured onto her head. Dr. Swineheart would notice that the bruises are fake and hence we would have to run more tests to determine the cause.

• But he also remembers her saying she used to be the Little Mermaid, a character that also pretends to be someone else in order to forward her own story. I think Bigby's confused, but a detective who knows something's up. Perfect for another season if they plan to make one.

I'm amazed by them because I didn't get all the references Bigby heard in his head after the last conversation with Nerissa. I actually also

• No, I dont think it has to do with glamour but with the ribbons. I think that after Vivian died, the spell was broken and Bigby should be able to see who is alive just by asking the mirror. Unfortunately, I dont think there is enough information to be a 100% sure of who survived.

You might be on to something. It means whoever isn't in glamour should be able to be shown. Lily - dead body was still in glamour so we g

• Dr. Swineheart would only say something when he's done. He even says it himself in the comics that he never makes mistakes, even though he makes 1. He would keep his suspicions to himself till he is 100% certain.

But then, as a Doctor in involved in a murder investigation, he'd tell Bigby he needed to see that the bruises weren't real. I think no matt

• I think the general consensus for that is the ribbon is part of Faith's glamour. The last picture she had of Nerissa would have been her with the ribbon on.

Can someone explain to me why "Nerissa" didn't want the ribbon off? it was thought that vivian would take the curse off. I really don't think she didnt want to take it off because of remembrance or whatever the reason was. i smell bs

• Maybe, if that's from the comics, but then he'd be impeding the investigation, which is fine, I guess, lots of Fables seem to do a lot worse. Just in thinking that he's trying to help, if he knew something was up I'd think he'd at least say "something isn't right." Even if he didn't want to be wrong in saying it wasn't really Faith, he could tell them that something unnatural was impeding his examination.

LukaszB posted: »

Dr. Swineheart would only say something when he's done. He even says it himself in the comics that he never makes mistakes, even though he makes 1. He would keep his suspicions to himself till he is 100% certain.

• Actually the Little Mermaid quote in the flashback might be hinting that Nerissa is really dead.

In her Fables entry it says "She's known as the Little Mermaid". (present tense)

But when we meet Nerissa (who might really be Faith) she says "They used to call me the Little Mermaid". (past tense)

Minor difference I know and it might not mean anything, but because it's used in the flashback it might.

Actually the Little Mermaid story is similar and that's why they put her call back in Bigby's flashback at the very end. TT WANTS us to beli

• This has been a very good read and the arguments for both sides have Good Valid Points. I believe Narissa is Alive and Faith is dead even after looking at all the evidence. Mostly likely because I've spent more time with "Narissa" & have a stronger bond w/ her character. I've also made a video breaking down both theory any feedback is appreciated -

• Kind of funny, but I am going to reply to my own post. Been thinking about my reasoning above of why "Nerissa" didn't want to remove the ribbon. It being part of a glamour shouldn't really matter, right? It seems as if clothing can still be interacted with and removed even if it is part of a glamour. Doesn't the real Snow unbutton fake Snow's business jacket? That would lead me to believe that my reasoning above is incorrect.

I think the general consensus for that is the ribbon is part of Faith's glamour. The last picture she had of Nerissa would have been her with the ribbon on.

• OptimusJ - yea, you're right - can you actually see the brand Faith smokes at the beginning???
    OptimusJ posted: »

Hummm... Faith didn't get a cigarette from Bigby. She get her own from the same purse Nerissa is using when she goes at Bigby's Office, and Bigby can choose to light it and how. Probably Shorette's the only other brand at the Pudding & Pie.

• edited July 2014
    Nope, Never shown. The only real piece is the purse, which is the same Nerissa used later.
    Gallagin posted: »

Not sure if someone wrote about this one before: Nope – I am pretty sure it was Faith – it is all in the „Smoke“ of the cigarettes – Faith

• I joined this site only to say the part 1) of your post, lol. However, I agree with some parts of his post.

IMO:

-Nerissa for wtv reason took Faith's place in Part 1.
    -Faith got killed by Georgie.
    -Nerissa did what she explained.
    -Rest of the story.

Also, if they had killed Nerissa, and Nerissa is really the dead Faith we see in part 1, then when they see Nerissa walking around in their club ¨they would be like ¨WTF¨ too. The body CAN'T be Nerissa's.

As someone else mentioned, the Nerissa we see in Part 2 CAN'T BE FAITH, cause otw her breaking Faith's locker would make no sense.

Problems with this theory 1) If Georgie or Vivian heard that dead Faith was still walking around in public talking to Bigby and Woody, th

• If you're unable to accept Nerissa is Faith it pretty much means she succeeded in playing you, imo.
  • [My conclusion here is that after the scene at Woody's, Faith heads back to the Pudding N Pie and Nerissa, who feels guilty, tells Faith that she ratted them out to Georgie. Faith gets into an argument with Nerissa and convinces her to glamour herself to take the heat from Georgie. I do not believe that anyone realized that Georgie would go so far as to kill them. Whatever The Crooked Man said to Georgie must have really made Georgie feel threatened. Regardless, he must have quickly removed Nerissa's ribbon before anyone could react and that is when Faith, currently glamoured as Nerissa, decided to steal the head and involve Bigby.]

Damn this makes so much sense... and I think it's the only theory that has no flaws imo.

I am with Austrian-Maniac and Dante in believing it has to have been Faith posing as Nerissa. The only things that are still kind of up in

• There is a very simple answer to all of this. Telltale wouldn't have included the whole "comparison" at the end unless they didn't want us to figure out that Faith and Nerissa are the same person. They could have just ended the game with "You're not as bad as everyone says you are." But they point out several similarities between the way they talk, revealing things you might not have noticed on your own.
  • Ok - thanx anyway --- thought I got something here with the cigarettes... :-)

OptimusJ posted: »

Nope, Never shown. The only real piece is the purse, which is the same Nerissa used later.

• The only time either of the girls get a Huff & Puff is the final scene, which might hold the significance thet whoever Nerissa really is, she is ACTUALLY sad about their friends, since she accept the shitty cigarette.

Gallagin posted: »

Ok - thanx anyway --- thought I got something here with the cigarettes... :-)

• "But when we meet Nerissa (who might really be Faith) she says "They used to call me the Little Mermaid". (past tense)".

Her name was The Little Mermaid until Bill Willingham decided to name her as Nerissa in the comics.

Actually the Little Mermaid quote in the flashback might be hinting that Nerissa is really dead. In her Fables entry it says "She's known

• Is this possibly related to why Nerissa still refuses to remove her ribbon at the end?

• edited July 2014

Option 3:

The player is party to Bigby's jump to an incorrect conclusion. ;0)

But back to the other two options (Nerissa/Faith) If not for the matching bruises it would make sense. More sense for Faith to have been the real Faith in the first scene and the real Faith glamoured as Nerissa in the final scene (more poetic) and the head to have been Nerissa's head glamoured to look like Faith. Faith is leaving her husband (and maybe lied her ass off about everything to maintain the pretence (maybe orchestrated the whole thing (to the point of even setting it all in motion) to get herself out of her existing predicament)).

Ultimately it's a twist ending that gives the player a reason to re-play the game doing his own detective work.

• edited July 2014

Maybe because the change for her has to come from the inside before she discards the outward trappings of both the life she's been living and the person she's been living it as. Rather than being a prostitute without a ribbon she needs to become a regular woman with a ribbon that needs to be (and subsequently will be) removed.

• if your gonna be a hater keep this crap to your self no one cares man

It was a shameless dumb trick to generate worthless hype for a sequel we will never see. They dramatically changed the outcome of the story

• Or no one was even glamoured....your missing quite a lot of facts....read my explanation on why i say no one was ever glamoured......this is a 3rd reason no one ever thought of....

http://steamcommunity.com/app/250320/discussions/0/35222218900992850/

just go and read it, you wont regret this.....there is only like 5 posts....so go and read it and come back with your reply.....there is a lot more clues that points out that they both were themselfs.....and the clues i mentioned made a lot more sence and you will understand the game more...also its not confusing....so just go read it plz and tell me

• But Holly and Grenn say Lily had been missing for a while in Ep1 :o

We need to take into account the timing of Lily's death. Remember in Episode 1 Crane says he needs to go for a massage? He goes as Mr Smith

• Your explanation makes little sense. Georgie killed the girls. He says it clearly and he definitely doesn't mean he did it indirectly. And I'm sure Crane would rely on a person other than Georgie to dump Lily's body for him.

Now the glamour part. Even if it was Nerissa leaving Faith's at The Woodlands, that doesn't mean she couldn't have glamoured as Faith that night too. The black eye could have been given by Georgie, when Faith resisted him trying to kill her, and Nerissa got that black eye when she glamoured as Faith, and Woody beat up the rest of her body. And you met Nerissa almost two days after that night, so she had time to heal and put on some makeup to hide her bruises.

Sparky862 posted: »

Or no one was even glamoured....your missing quite a lot of facts....read my explanation on why i say no one was ever glamoured......this is

• If Faith was still alive, why didn't she return to Prince Lawrence after it was all over? In my version he is still alive. Surely she wouldn't just leave the love of her life?

• edited October 2014

nice post, I agree w/ u.,

Alt text

Bigby's sudden realization

Faith(Sky Blue)

Nerissa(Green)

Bigby Wolf(White)

Bufkin(Dark Green)

Snow White(Blue)

If it is Faith:

1. talking to Bigby
    2. talking to Bigby(disguised as Nerissa)
    3. Bigby talking to Faith
    4. talking to Bigby(disguised as Nerissa)
    5. asking Bigby
    6. asking Bigby(disguised as Nerissa)
    7. Bigby talking
    8. Bufkin stating Faith's origin
    9. introducing Nerissa's former nickname to Bigby(disguised as Nerissa)
    10. unknown imformation regarding "Faith"s head/uncertainty about Faith's death
    11. snow referring to "Faith"s head
    12. Faith's famous last word before "dying"

If it is Nerissa:

1. talking to Bigby(disguised as Faith)
    2. talking to Bigby
    3. Bigby talking to the disguised Faith
    4. talking to Bigby
    5. asking Bigby(disguised as Faith)
    6. asking Bigby
    7. Bigby talking
    8. not relevant to her because its Faith's origin
    9. saying her former nickname to Bigby
    10. not relevant to her because Faith is dead
    11. not relevant to her because Faith is dead
    12. famous last word before returning to her appearance(disguised as Faith)

If it is another/unknown character:

1. talking to Bigby(disguised as Faith)
    2. talking to Bigby(disguised as Nerissa)
    3. Bigby talking to the disguised Faith
    4. talking to Bigby(disguised as Nerissa)
    5. asking Bigby(disguised as Faith)
    6. asking Bigby(disguised as Nerissa)
    7. Bigby talking to Nerissa
    8. not relevant to him/her because its Faith's origin
    9. Nerissa telling Bigby her former nickname
    10. not relevant to him/her because Faith is dead
    11. not relevant to him/her because Faith is dead
    12. Faith's famous last word before dying
  • Let me offer a different interpretation: whoever she is, she's been wearing the ribbon around for years, knowing that snagging it on anything would cut her head off. You would always be painfully aware that a moment's inattention could decapitate you. You'd develop a serious pathology about anything touching your ribbon. (I mean, seriously, if your life depended on it, why would you tie a shoelace knot instead of something a little more durable? But I digress...) If you haven't tried to remove it for her in the office, try it and she how badly she panics (understandably). She may not just have psyched herself up enough to remove it yet. Or she may be waiting for one of the other dancers to go first.

Kind of funny, but I am going to reply to my own post. Been thinking about my reasoning above of why "Nerissa" didn't want to remove the ri

• Ok, so it makes perfect thematic sense if it's Faith that gets away at the end. Since we can't trust what she says, though, it means that whole chunks of what actually happened are uncertain. We only have her word for several key plot points:
    1) Was there actually a runaway plot?
    2) Which girl actually stole the photos?
    3) Georgie kills the other two based on the F/N selling them out and showing him photos. If the Crooked Man even gave the order (now in doubt, since we can't trust F/N), he was acting on F/N's information. I'm trying to figure out if there's a scenario where she deliberately set the Crooked Man and Georgie up to be killed by Bigby from the beginning.

I need to replay the first scene, but does there even need to be a glamour involved for a switch to take place? Woody and Bigby don't know the girl in the first scene, and nobody else ever sees her. They have similarly structured faces, and the body is identified based on the ring, right? The head is identified based on the symbol on the ring, but what if the ring is a false lead planted by the real Faith?

Oh, my head hurts. Just when I thought I was done with the game, now I need to go replay it all in one go...

• Also, in episode 1 after faiths death. When bufkin reads you the fairytale, you are able to go to the magic mirror and ask for prince Lawrence, faiths father, and also faith. When you ask for faiths father, he shows a skeletin hand implying his death but if faith was truely killed, why when you ask the mirror he says that with magic concealed, these lips are sealed. Shouldnt it have shown her head or her body. Its another piece of evidence that proves Faith is still alive.

• I think that alone proves it was Faith, it's arguable to say that her ribbon concealed her location but that would mean she'd still have to be alive and not beheaded.

Also, in episode 1 after faiths death. When bufkin reads you the fairytale, you are able to go to the magic mirror and ask for prince Lawren

Sign in to comment in this discussion.