The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• Yeah, and with the ability to add people to it, that would be great. If only, I'm hoping it's possible for them to do something like that.

ComingSoon posted: »

Like a PM only with a full thread and group of people?

• ComingSoonComingSoon Banned
    edited August 2014

But it's unbelievably uncomfortable to come back from a break to see that you're now merged with two other threads about completely different stuff.

Jennifer posted: »

As I said before, we regularly merge threads as the forum guidelines state that similar threads will be merged or locked. There were three

• Well, good luck to ya'll on your future endeavours. It was nice meeting some of you.

• Its not over yet, if anything...its just the beginning...

SaltLick305 posted: »

Well, good luck to ya'll on your future endeavours. It was nice meeting some of you.

• Where are you going? Are you going somewhere? What is happening?

this is my frantic confused face

Well, good luck to ya'll on your future endeavours. It was nice meeting some of you.

• ok but answer this if that is the reason why wait so long to do it? you were well aware of the thread a while ago and i have never seen those other two threads in my whole time of being on the forums so why merge us with a thread we don't care about we were not the same we are like a family thread not a thread to talk about whats on our minds and yes i do go on telltale talk by that logic you should also merge the threads that talk about whether or not clem will die in episode 5 your reasoning just does not make any sense

As I said before, we regularly merge threads as the forum guidelines state that similar threads will be merged or locked. There were three

• JenniferJennifer Moderator

There were three topics that dealt with having general conversations. The Forum of the Dead Lounge, Whatever's on Your Mind Thread 2.0, and Tell me something random. They each had different beginning goals, but the end result was the same: people were just coming in there to talk about anything, from their day, to their cats, or their problems. I enjoyed all three threads, as did other people (as I stated above, people were having the same conversation in multiple threads). We regularly merge threads when people are discussing the same topic in multiple threads, as it's easier to follow conversations when they're happening in the same place. It's just done to make the forums easier to follow for everyone.

The conversation has been merged rather than locked or deleted, so the same conversations are still there. You can still reply to any conversation in this topic, or start new ones. Nothing has been deleted, and nothing has been lost.

What "thing" do you speak of ? As far as i'm concerned, there was no other threads like our lounge. You provided ONE example. Someone I n

• edited August 2014

Deep deep deeeeeep down, I think some of you are overreacting juuuuusst a bit. It could be much worse. And at least we still kinda have our Lounge here. It's not all that bad, imho. So, why not make the best out of it, huh? c:

edited August 2014

The other two threads were in general chat, and the forum of the dead lounge was in forum games. I noticed that there were people who never went to forum games who were posting in the other threads (and vice versa), so I merged all three of them so that there would be one easy to find thread in general chat that would show up on the main forum list so that everyone could find it easier, rather than three threads that had the same conversations happening in them that were in two separate sub forums. That's why we have the merging rule, to make threads easier to find and follow for everyone.

Jewfreeus posted: »

ok but answer this if that is the reason why wait so long to do it? you were well aware of the thread a while ago and i have never seen thos

• They are all about randomness, yes.

But the randomness is different.

There were three topics that dealt with having general conversations. The Forum of the Dead Lounge, Whatever's on Your Mind Thread 2.0, and

• LOL you're giving up because of all this?

If you do, see ya around...

• I'm staying on the Forum, I'm just gonna forget about all of this. Whenever I have time to be here, I'll do what I do best: Discuss TWDG. I have to deal with too much in my life put additional drama on my shoulders.

If you ever need a pal, just PM me. I won't forget about you.

ComingSoon posted: »

Where are you going? Are you going somewhere? What is happening? this is my frantic confused face

• So let me ask you this was this YOUR decision or was this a decision made by all the Mods?

The other two threads were in general chat, and the forum of the dead lounge was in forum games. I noticed that there were people who never

• SaltLick305SaltLick305 Banned
    edited August 2014

Eh, no. I'm giving up on additional drama.

I'll still be on the Forum. I just won't be on these threads.

I'm not as good at making online friends as I thought. I'll just stick to discussing the game.

See ya' around.

AWESOMEO posted: »

LOL you're giving up because of all this? If you do, see ya around...

• The Forum of the Dead Lounge was meant to be seperate.

Plus, it's called bookmarking threads. We don't need to go hunting that way.

The other two threads were in general chat, and the forum of the dead lounge was in forum games. I noticed that there were people who never

• Wait... What the heck Saltlick?

Eh, no. I'm giving up on additional drama. I'll still be on the Forum. I just won't be on these threads. I'm not as good at making online friends as I thought. I'll just stick to discussing the game. See ya' around.

• :/

Eh, no. I'm giving up on additional drama. I'll still be on the Forum. I just won't be on these threads. I'm not as good at making online friends as I thought. I'll just stick to discussing the game. See ya' around.

• This doesn't seem right to me.

• We're not overreacting, we did calm down once it was sorted back to the normal method of replies, and we had and still have every right to be mad :/

TWDFan86 posted: »

Deep deep deeeeeep down, I think some of you are overreacting juuuuusst a bit. It could be much worse. And at least we still kinda have our Lounge here. It's not all that bad, imho. So, why not make the best out of it, huh? c:

• It's more of why she did this, which was for an incredibly stupid reason that was an abuse of her power.

• What?? Why?

• Sorry, pal.

I'm not a good fit here. I've always been a lone wolf.

Like I said, we can talk all day for all I care. I won't stop talking to you. You just won't talk to me here, don't worry.

Wait... What the heck Saltlick?

• Okay, I'm starting to see spots from staying up so late/early.

Good night gang. I'll see you all when I wake up.

• Like I stated above, you gave me all the information I needed. Your "justifications" go against everything a mod stands for.

You don't act because of ridiculous personal issues. You do what's right. In this case, you're ruining something special.

You might not understand, nor want to understand. You took away their opinion and went against everyone for your own profit. Just because of YOUR own personal problem and I quote from your previous post :

"I post in all three, and it was hard to follow the same conversations in multiple threads (for instance the conversation with mr.quality about Crohn's was happening in both the Forum of the Dead Lounge and in the Whatever's in Your Mind thread, so it made it really hard to go back and forth to two threads to talk about the same thing)."

If it was sooooo important and needed to be done, why did no one care or did anything MONTHS prior ?!

Its clearly because you didn't care about it either. Then at some point you became "tired" of switching chats regarding ONE instance and one particular case.

That is no one else's problem BUT yours.

That IS abuse of power. If anything it makes everyone question your role as a mod.

So, I will ask again : Was it worth it...?

Was it worth ruining it for everyone involved ?

Was it worth making it worst for those still grieving or depressed by recent events ?!!

Was it REALLY worth it...?

For YOUR own personal issues...I don't think so. Don't think you can just get away with it because you're a mod.

That's NOT what moderators should stand for. Its a democracy, not a dictatorship.

You can make decisions if it is indeed for the best of everyone. This isn't the case...

People are leaving....bonds will be broken...all because of YOUR selfish needs...

I hope you realise that...and believe me...actions shall be taken. UNLESS you fix this before its too late.

There were three topics that dealt with having general conversations. The Forum of the Dead Lounge, Whatever's on Your Mind Thread 2.0, and

• There's nothing I can do to help you guys...

You do not have my permission to leave us. Sit your ass down now. :I

• You do not have my permission to leave us. Sit your ass down now. :I

• There's nothing I can do to help you guys.

Every time I come into this thread I'm looking to put a smile on my face. I don't have the strenght to keep fighting. However, I'm damn sure if ya'll keep it up you won't stay screwed over like this.

You do not have my permission to leave us. Sit your ass down now. :I

• But bro the lounge is still here you don't have to go.

Sorry, pal. I'm not a good fit here. I've always been a lone wolf. Like I said, we can talk all day for all I care. I won't stop talking to you. You just won't talk to me here, don't worry.

• Hey, there's nothing to be sad about. ^.^

• ok thank you for giving a reason i still think you had no right too do it since fotd was meant to be a place for just us and not others who are not a part of the story like we welcome new people but moving us has left us open to people bothering us by trolling etc you basically have ruined one of the most special things i have seen on the internet in a very long time people were happy and when people were sad there was always people to make them happy again through laughter or comfort we are like a family putting us with random threads that have nothing to do with us was just wrong and i still find it strange that it took so long but others including myself also are wondering was this a decision by all mods or just you?

• Nah. It's not about the thread, bro. This just added fuel to the fire.

I just think you're better off without me. I don't do well in groups.

But bro the lounge is still here you don't have to go.

• its still more of why she did it and if it was a decision agreed by all mods or just her she still had no right to take something special and chuck it with these shitty threads

• ;-;

There's nothing I can do to help you guys. Every time I come into this thread I'm looking to put a smile on my face. I don't have the strenght to keep fighting. However, I'm damn sure if ya'll keep it up you won't stay screwed over like this.

• I'm a lone wolf. With all this going on, you guys are also better off without me. I don't do well in groups. Just don't give up.

AWESOMEO posted: »

What?? Why?

• GOUSTTTT wanted me to tell you guys that he's rebooting his PC, resulting in him not being here for a day or so, he'll be back soon enough.

• Well, this is... well.

Alt text

• Sums it up.

sardines posted: »

Well, this is... well.

• Well... bye, Salt. Good luck in future. It was nice meeting you, even though we didn't really talk that often (or at all, really.)

• You can't just expect people to swallow her words just because she's a mod. If its a bad decision made for selfish reasons, it shall be pointed out. I don't need any more proof than that.

She's clearly in the wrong and everyone agrees.

When something isn't right, I call it what it is.

The reason why I merged this now was that there were three active threads with dozens of new posts in two separate sub-forums with the same conversations being discussed between them. When looking through the threads, I noticed that there were people who never went to forum games who were posting in the other threads (and vice versa), so I merged all three of them so that there would be one easy to find thread in general chat that would show up on the main forum list so that everyone could find it easier, rather than three threads that had the same conversations happening in them that were in two separate sub forums. That's why we have the merging rule, to make threads easier to find and follow for everyone.

Like I stated above, you gave me all the information I needed. Your "justifications" go against everything a mod stands for. You don't ac

Sign in to comment in this discussion.