The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• "You don't just...up and leave when it gets tough...you stick it out and help the folks you care about."

SaltLick305 posted: »

Hey, there's nothing to be sad about. ^.^

• We never really talked. But I always wanted to meet you. It's a shame you're leaving.

Well, good luck to ya'll on your future endeavours. It was nice meeting some of you.

• People, as special as you think your old thread was, you simply aren't entitled to having your own private thread on Telltale's site. Enforcing rules, even when they have consequences you don't agree with, is not an abuse of power.

• Really? I feel special. Thanks for that!

I won't be leaving the Forum, pal. I've just come to the realization I might be better off by myself.

Nice to meet you, Simon. I'm Salt. (Randy is my real name. You choose)

We never really talked. But I always wanted to meet you. It's a shame you're leaving.

• I'm going to the hospital again because my temperature is really high. If I don't come back today then I'll probably spend the rest of the day in the hospital. So... Bye. And cheer up.

• Hey, Dev. I'm not leaving the Forum. I just won't be here with you guys.

You know for sure you can PM me if you ever need someone.

sardines posted: »

Well... bye, Salt. Good luck in future. It was nice meeting you, even though we didn't really talk that often (or at all, really.)

• You don't even understand the full situation.

DomeWing333 posted: »

People, as special as you think your old thread was, you simply aren't entitled to having your own private thread on Telltale's site. Enforcing rules, even when they have consequences you don't agree with, is not an abuse of power.

• Dammit Simon. Feel better.

I'm going to the hospital again because my temperature is really high. If I don't come back today then I'll probably spend the rest of the day in the hospital. So... Bye. And cheer up.

• Bye Simon....please feel better <3

I'm going to the hospital again because my temperature is really high. If I don't come back today then I'll probably spend the rest of the day in the hospital. So... Bye. And cheer up.

• That's not why I'm leaving. :/

I just think I do better on my own. I don't fit in groups.

"You don't just...up and leave when it gets tough...you stick it out and help the folks you care about."

• If full situation includes things that haven't been discussed in this thread, then please enlighten me. Tell me exactly what wrong thing Jennifer did.

You don't even understand the full situation.

• That's a surprise to me...you fit in perfectly here!

That's not why I'm leaving. I just think I do better on my own. I don't fit in groups.

• You were never a part of the original lounge. You don't understand.

People, as special as you think your old thread was, you simply aren't entitled to having your own private thread on Telltale's site. Enforcing rules, even when they have consequences you don't agree with, is not an abuse of power.

• Try spending 2 months in the original lounge, dude.

• Not really. I don't do anything that makes me a perfect fit.

I've always been kind of a lone wolf, you know? Never been huge on people. You guys will be alright.

That's a surprise to me...you fit in perfectly here!

• you were not there at all you clearly don't understand we broke no rules and it was not a private thread anyone was welcome and it isn't about entilement it was something special we had over the course of nearly 5 months bonds were made we were like a family in a way and jennifer just came and chucked us with a pointless thread that has nothing to do with ours, jennifer's reasons are nothing but lies cause if they were true this would have happened a long time ago read a couple of comments back particularly some between password and jennifer it suggests that it was cause of personal issues if you want to let the her feed you bullshit then go ahead but we all know that we aren't getting the full truth and jennifer is in the wrong not us

• shit man cya later hope its nothing serious :/

• Yeah, you seem like a cool guy.

Nice to meet you, randy. I'm serag. But everyone calls me Simon.

Really? I feel special. Thanks for that! I won't be leaving the Forum, pal. I've just come to the realization I might be better off by myself. Nice to meet you, Simon. I'm Salt. (Randy is my real name. You choose)

• It's been discussed countless times, look at what Password has said.

Also, you have no right to say those things because you aren't a part of the Lounge, so you don't understand. We are family here.

If full situation includes things that haven't been discussed in this thread, then please enlighten me. Tell me exactly what wrong thing Jennifer did.

• Don't tell me what to do!

ComingSoon posted: »

Dammit Simon. Feel better.

• ?

sardines posted: »

Well, this is... well.

• I'm not leaving the Forum. You're not getting rid of me yet. :)

You will see me around being a smartass like always.

If you don't see me for a while, I'm just too busy.

• What are the rules? What did we do wrong that was so urgent to merge us with this one?

Can we really not have one thread with peace and quiet?

• Feel better :/

It's the fucking plague? That new one?

• It's probably nothing. I'll be okay.

Jewfreeus posted: »

shit man cya later hope its nothing serious

• I've seen you around, too. You're a funny guy. I wanted to meet you too. I just don't like going around throwing random Hi's, haha.

I'm not that cool, Serag. You will mostly see me around being a smartass. I act friendly towards you guys cause' I care about all of you.

Yeah, you seem like a cool guy. Nice to meet you, randy. I'm serag. But everyone calls me Simon.

• Alt text

Bye Simon....please feel better

• JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited August 2014

It's not because of personal issues, it was because we merge threads to make the forum easier to follow for everyone, as per the forum guidelines. As I already said, I merged it because the same topics were being discussed in three different threads (the fact that I participated in all three threads really has no bearing on my decision, as I'm a frequent poster on these forums so that's to be expected).

The reason why I merged this now was that there were three active threads with dozens of new posts in two separate sub-forums with the same conversations being discussed between them. When looking through the threads, I noticed that there were people who never went to forum games who were posting in the other threads (and vice versa), so I merged all three of them so that there would be one easy to find thread in general chat that would show up on the main forum list so that everyone could find it easier, rather than three threads that had the same conversations happening in them that were in two separate sub forums. That's why we have the merging rule, to make threads easier to find and follow for everyone.

Jewfreeus posted: »

you were not there at all you clearly don't understand we broke no rules and it was not a private thread anyone was welcome and it isn't abo

• AWESOMEOAWESOMEO Banned
    edited August 2014

We are calm Chaye, it was way worse before you came, trust me xD

• But this isn't helping anyone, if anything its quite irrelevant and repeating the same thing to defend the reason behind your action isn't getting us anywhere.

You could still have asked everyone's opinion on the matter, if your intention was indeed to "help everyone and for the good of everyone".

I'm arguing this case for what's right, no one asked for this or ever wanted this. Forum guidelines or not, you still did it for selfish reasons like I stated above and you compromised your position by doing so.

You didn't do it with OUR best interest in mind, but YOURS. That goes against the mod guidelines. Its still "abuse of power".

No one was bothered by the lounge and your actions are still selfish and go against EVERYONE involved. Yet you can still admit you were in the wrong and make things right. It won't change the fact that a lot of people won't see eye to eye with you in the future and some will even call for your demotion. You compromised your position by doing this and attacked everyone involved.

People are already leaving....

They're losing hope, but i'm not giving up so easily. Certainly not when injustice is involved.

I'm sorry but a lot of people agree and WILL call for your demotion.

This IS "abuse of power". NOTHING was done for MONTHS. So why care NOW ?

Except for your own little problem of being unable to follow ONE topic on three different threads. ONE, that also involves YOU.

Don't be surprised if you people start questioning your position. You're on mighty thin ice here. If this Forum understands justice, something will be done to make things right.

NO ONE asked for this. NO ONE cared about those two threads as much as the Lounge.

You went against everyone and your position is now compromised. I'm sorry, but its time for a change. You can't just get away with this.

Jennifer posted: »

The reason why I merged this now was that there were three active threads with dozens of new posts in two separate sub-forums with the same

• You butt I'm just worried about my Seemon <3

• I don't know. It's probably just a regular fever. It's not as bad as the last one.

AWESOMEO posted: »

Feel better It's the fucking plague? That new one?

• Was probably hard making those, huh? Props.

^-^

• edited August 2014

Alt text

Alt text

^-^

• See, all of this "you have no right" nonsense is exactly the sense of entitlement I'm talking about. You formed a really close knit community here. I get that. I saw what Password said. But how is any of this disrupting that? You can continue doing exactly what you were doing before. All that's changed is that now there are some posts added to the beginning of the thread and now it's more visible to other people.

It's been discussed countless times, look at what Password has said. Also, you have no right to say those things because you aren't a part of the Lounge, so you don't understand. We are family here.

• edited August 2014

we just want to know why man we got no warning nothing she just did it and it was wrong of her, jennifer's reason makes no sense since if it were true it would have happened ages ago read the comments between matt and jennifer he pretty much puts her in her place

• y u no accept my love ;~;

Well, don't be. I'll be alright... Probably.

• Well, don't be. I'll be alright... Probably.

You butt I'm just worried about my Seemon

• I never give up, have a good one.

I'm a lone wolf. With all this going on, you guys are also better off without me. I don't do well in groups. Just don't give up.

• It's more the reason WHY she did this.

I'm not too upset about the thread being merged, though I do think it's kinda dumb.

I'm upset because she did this for her own personal, selfish reasons and out of nowhere. This isn't the first time she has caused trouble and people have backlashed. Even outside the Lounge, people disagree with a lot of what she says.

See, all of this "you have no right" nonsense is exactly the sense of entitlement I'm talking about. You formed a really close knit communit

Sign in to comment in this discussion.