The Whatever's on Your Mind Megathread

Comments

• You didn't do anything wrong and this isn't a punishment. Why do you feel like the merge was such a travesty? What does it do that stops you from doing anything you've been doing prior to the merge? I get why you were upset before Jen made it threaded. But what's the problem now?

AWESOMEO posted: »

What are the rules? What did we do wrong that was so urgent to merge us with this one? Can we really not have one thread with peace and quiet?

• Hai ^-^

What's all the fuss about?

• Alright. Time to go to sleep. Believe it or not, I work in 6 hours.

Alt text

Peace.

• Your reply doesn't show up.

y u no accept my love ;~;

okay, fine. Be worried about me. I'll go now. Bye <3

Oh, if I die play this at my funeral:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Md1lOSvswrM

Well, don't be. I'll be alright... Probably.

• Well, no, she used her own personal experience as an example of why she felt it would be better to merge the threads. It's reasonable and perfectly in line with the forum guidelines. So she didn't do anything wrong here. You're perfectly within your right to dislike the change that was made. But to call it an abuse of power and say that she had no "right" to do what she did is flat-out incorrect.

It's more the reason WHY she did this. I'm not too upset about the thread being merged, though I do think it's kinda dumb. I'm upset b

• JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited August 2014

Merging is a common practice, that happens regularly on these forums, as it just moves all posts into one thread, without deleting any posts or losing any conversations. The forum guidelines state that a thread may be locked or merged if there are existing discussions on the same subject.

As I explained before, the reason I did this now was that there were three active threads with dozens of new posts in two separate sub-forums with the same conversations being discussed between them. When looking through the threads, I noticed that there were people who never went to forum games who were posting in the other threads (and vice versa), so I merged all three of them so that there would be one easy to find thread in general chat that would show up on the main forum list so that everyone could find it easier, rather than three threads that had the same conversations happening in them that were in two separate sub forums. That's why we have the merging rule, to make threads easier to find and follow for everyone.

Jewfreeus posted: »

we just want to know why man we got no warning nothing she just did it and it was wrong of her, jennifer's reason makes no sense since if it

• by that logic she should merge all of the threads that talk about whether or not clem dies in episode 5 or she should merge all of the threads that complain about a episode

DomeWing333 posted: »

Well, no, she used her own personal experience as an example of why she felt it would be better to merge the threads. It's reasonable and pe

edited August 2014

We do merge a lot of those (as merging those would be inline with the guidelines as well), it's just that there are so many of those that get created all the time, it's hard to keep up. If you want to have them merged, feel free to flag them so the moderators can more easily see them, and myself or another moderator will go in and sort it out.

by that logic she should merge all of the threads that talk about whether or not clem dies in episode 5 or she should merge all of the threads that complain about a episode

• You're already running out of excuses, you're just repeating yourself at this point. If you did have a valid argument, you would've brought something new to the table by now.

You just won't admit that you were indeed at fault.

It certainly isn't for the best of everyone. It's in YOUR best interest. I have all the information I needed, thanks to our conversations.

No point beating around the bush at this point. When someone loses the argument and starts repeating himself or herself, that's when you know that its pointless.

You need to face the fact and the repercussions of your actions. Nobody cared about those two threads.

NO ONE.

Now I'm still giving you the same option, although I can almost guarantee you that you already compromised your position.

You can still make things right and set everything back to normal, OR you can get blamed by EVERYONE for ruining something special, take the blame for people leaving en masse, feel guilty for ruining EVERYONE's day and by the same account, making everyone involved even more depressed than they were...

What will you choose ?

I can already tell you, you lost the argument.

Check-mate.

Of course you can still repeat yourself for hours too, but I do hope that you have better things to do than that...

Jennifer posted: »

It's not because of personal issues, it was because we merge threads to make the forum easier to follow for everyone, as per the forum guide

• Feel free to send her a list of threads that you feel have overlapping subject matters and ask her to merge them. It's not like this is the only instance of her merging threads together that have the same topics. She's already done it plenty of times in the Walking Dead forums.

by that logic she should merge all of the threads that talk about whether or not clem dies in episode 5 or she should merge all of the threads that complain about a episode

edited August 2014

I didn't merge this because of personal issues, it was because we merge threads to make the forum easier to follow for everyone. As I already said, I merged it because the same topics were being discussed in three different threads (the fact that I participated in all three threads really has no bearing on my decision, as I'm a frequent poster on these forums so that's to be expected).

The reason why I merged this now was that there were three active threads with dozens of new posts in two separate sub-forums with the same conversations being discussed between them. When looking through the threads, I noticed that there were people who never went to forum games who were posting in the other threads (and vice versa), so I merged all three of them so that there would be one easy to find thread in general chat that would show up on the main forum list so that everyone could find it easier, rather than three threads that had the same conversations happening in them that were in two separate sub forums. That's why we have the merging rule in the forum guidelines, to make threads easier to find and follow for everyone.

It's more the reason WHY she did this. I'm not too upset about the thread being merged, though I do think it's kinda dumb. I'm upset b

edited August 2014

Merging is standard practice on these forums, that's why it's part of the forum guidelines. Moderators will either lock a topic or merge it if the same conversation is happening in multiple threads in order to make the forums easier to follow for everyone. As I said, all three topics were active at the time I merged them, with each of them having dozens of new posts, so people did care about the other two topics, and in some cases the it was the same people. There were people having the same conversations in multiple topics, and there were people who didn't know about the other topics because they didn't visit forum games or didn't visit general chat. That's counterproductive, and is the reason why we have the merge rule in the forum guidelines in the first place. Merging of topics happens all the time on these forums, as combining topics that have the same discussions taking place between them makes the forum easier to follow for everyone.

You're already running out of excuses, you're just repeating yourself at this point. If you did have a valid argument, you would've brought

• you just proved my point...

You say "Guidelines" a lot, but it clearly isn't important, it would've been done long ago if it was.

Point is, you're repeating yourself now...you ran out of arguments. You gave me ONE instance of "the same topic happening in the three threads", ONE.

That DOESN'T deserve a merge AT ALL.

Give me more examples and I MIGHT reconsider, but the thing is : No one cared about those two other threads.

They were dead. No one were posting in them as much as the lounge. Might as well close them and keep the lounge as it was.

People are starting to hate you and tension is mounting. I gave clear arguments and pointed out facts.

Fact 1 : The merge was useless and used wrongfully, no one cared about those two other threads except yourself. If anything that might as well be a conflict of interest. Quite literally.

Fact 2 : You gave me ONE example over THOUSANDS of comments and history.

Fact 3 : You abused your power to make YOUR life easier, nobody asked for it nor cared for it. It's pointless and you've yet to bring ANYTHING new to the table.

Fact 4 : You've already lost this argument once you started repeating yourself. You're in the wrong but won't admit it. Instead you decided to accept the blame and cause trouble for everyone involved. People ARE leaving and its on YOU. You ruined something they cared about, that goes AGAINST what a mod should stand for. You made things worst for people grieving DEATHS and getting over tragedies and traumatic events.

Was it really worth it ?!! You had a chance to set things right and you decided to play deaf. You're running out of time and option. Enjoy your position while it lasts. You clearly went overboard over the most pointless excuse I ever heard.

I rest my case and call for your demotion. If anyone had half the ounce of courage and determination I had, they would too. This is clearly abuse of power.

Merging is standard practice on these forums, that's why it's part of the forum guidelines. Moderators will either lock a topic or merge it

• edited August 2014

I rest my case and call for your demotion. If anyone had half the ounce of courage and determination I had, they would too.

Alt text

I mean, Jesus Christ, dude. I've seen Matryoshka dolls that aren't as full of themselves.

you just proved my point... You say "Guidelines" a lot, but it clearly isn't important, it would've been done long ago if it was. Poin

edited August 2014

There were a lot of conversations happening in all three topics. Look back through the thread, and you'll see a lot. Everything from "give me a hug" to "I'm craving this right now". All three topics had become about people coming in and talking to each other about anything and everything. The other two threads might not had as many posts as the lounge, but that doesn't mean they were dead (tell me something random had over 100 new posts when I merged it). The merge wasn't useless, as one of the main reasons I merged it was so that the thread would be easier to find, which would lead to people who posted in the other two threads posting in the combined thread, as well as people posting from the lounge posting in the combined thread, which would bring more posters to the combined thread than the people who had posted in any of the three on their own (because, as I said, there were people that were posting in the general discussion that didn't post in forum games, and vice versa, so combining it makes the people from the other sub forums aware of the thread's existence who weren't before.

I stated my reasons for merging now as opposed to earlier. It is because the threads were increasingly overlapping each other in discussion. I didn't abuse my power, as I followed the forum guidelines to the letter. Rule 1.5 states that a moderator can merge or lock a thread if an existing thread contains the same discussion. I usually merge instead of lock, especially for popular threads (as all three were, as they all spanned multiple pages), as merging keeps the posts in tact, allows people to still respond to any post in the thread, and no posts are lost.

you just proved my point... You say "Guidelines" a lot, but it clearly isn't important, it would've been done long ago if it was. Poin

• [removed]

I rest my case and call for your demotion. If anyone had half the ounce of courage and determination I had, they would too. I mean, Jesus Christ, dude. I've seen Matryoshka dolls that aren't as full of themselves.

• edited August 2014

• Why the hell won't it let me PM anyone?

• What you're saying... It's repetive, you haven't said anythin' new.

There were a lot of conversations happening in all three topics. Look back through the thread, and you'll see a lot. Everything from "give

• Uh.. Sorry for barging in, but was it necessary to say that "people hate you"?

Do you really know other people's opinions of him? Or is it just because he pissed you off?

• Your reasons are still ridiculous and off-topic...

"give me a hug" to "I'm craving this right now".

THOSE are your VALID ARGUMENTS ?

Its called "human interaction" of course they would be in both...

Hell they would probably be in unrelated thread that have NOTHING to do with the subject at hand. Wanna merge them too...

Your reasons are clearly invalid and still doesn't justify the merge.

NO ONE asked for it.

Do I have to remind you everything we went through the last few days ?!!

WE LOST PEOPLE.

Tragedies happened and people even died...

You really think doing THIS after all we've been through is appropriate ?!!

You repeat the same thing after countless valid arguments I presented and yet you still keep trying to justify your action ?!!

If anything that makes you seem heartless....

If this merge was "so important' it would've been done MONTHS ago.

NO ONE asked for it or complained about ANYTHING.

Nobody in here deserved to be merged with two completely pointless threads with terrible titles and subjects.

The Lounge, no our people, suffered enough as it is. We had to be removed from the "Walking Dead" thread and placed into the graveyard of the forum, just because of the strange increase in fan-fics. It wasn't our fault, Pro's thread existed long before any of those fan-fics.

Then we had to deal with the situation and finally got used to it, since we weren't disturbing anyone nor did anyone complain about us.

Then YOU decide for selfish reasons to move us ONCE AGAIN after everything the lounge has been through, to a pointless thread that has NOTHING to do with us for NO VALID REASONS.

Then you intend us to just accept it ?!!

You can lock threads ? Then why didn't you lock those two dead ones that barely anyone ever went into ?!!

If anything, they would join the lounge at one point and we wouldn't have to lose our history, identity and be given a worst name than we ever had.

Whatever's on your mind thread 2.0 by @GuruGuru214

"Well, I couldn't close it off without giving you guys another one. There'd be rioting in the streets!

...Man, I really should've taken the opportunity to come up with a better title for this thing.

Anyway, for the uninitiated, here's a thread for discussing whatever catches your fancy. Have fun with it. If you'd like to see the previous 2014 pages of this thread, click here.

And for the record, I am decidedly not craving Taco Bell nachos."

Tell me something random by @Impalala

"For example, I am eating oatmeal in the middle of the night. I'm not kidding I am.

*EDIT Somehow this has turned into a rap battle, as well. Feel free to contribute, LOL.

**EDIT Feel free to also join the giraffe battle that has started."

That sounds relevant and intelligent to you ?!!

It has NOTHING to do with us. If anything, that makes us look like a bad joke...

You really think ANYONE asked for this ?!!!

You've lost already, I got better things to do than argue with you over this.

I enjoy our pointless back and forth. believe me....but unlike you I don't quite like beating around the bush for hours without wielding any results.

You proved me countless times that you were in the wrong by repeating the same tiring argument. Those you provided me were laughable.

You quite clearly lost and we deserve the Lounge back to how it was. Its only fair.

EVERYONE wants that. The only one agreeing with you is someone everyone seems to hate. Is that the kind of person you want to cater to...?

There were a lot of conversations happening in all three topics. Look back through the thread, and you'll see a lot. Everything from "give

• edited August 2014

You see anyone else standing up to this ?! No ? I thought so.

People will back me up on this, I don't know you, but I know that you're unwelcome here. If you're only here to stir up trouble and to laugh at our situation, you can kindly leave.

We don't need you here, nor do you need us.

If you're only here to watch people struggle through this, you have nothing to bring to the table.

I rest my case and call for your demotion. If anyone had half the ounce of courage and determination I had, they would too. I mean, Jesus Christ, dude. I've seen Matryoshka dolls that aren't as full of themselves.

• You don't end it when the hard times come Markd, you face them, we face them, together.

Markd4547 posted: »

• I'm doing my best to set things right Markd, don't give up just yet.

Markd4547 posted: »

There, the thread's still merged, but Puncake's post is first in the thread. Hopefully that's a good compromise.

• edited August 2014

The merge was still useless, and even more so now.

You basically destroyed the other two. What of those people ?

Did they ever ask for that ?

It still makes the first few pages a complete random joke that makes no sense....but its still better than nothing I suppose.

But if there's any way to change back everything to how it was, I vote for that.

Our thread wasn't a pointless random joke, it had an origin, a heart, a meaning for most people, the merge ruined it for many and I don't know why WE keep being targeted...We had to deal with a lot of changes after we were sent to the thread graveyard.

People were understandably upset and this new change is even worst for a lot of people...

Its still better though, but i'm still hoping for things to get back to how they were....

You should've asked everyone involved before making the decision.

I stayed up all night arguing this case, i promised i would wield results and it turns out that the merge is still useless.

The Lounge was where Pro's story could be advertised, shared and talked about. We encountered many awesome people and interesting newcomers along the way. It had a history, it had heart. We were far from some random pointless joke.

You need to take everyone's feeling and opinion into account when making such a change.

Its going to still be hard for many to just accept it.

So if there's still a way to go back, make things like they never happened in the first place and bring back the lounge to how it was, it would be appreciated...

That and you should've taken in account how those from the other two threads will react to the change...

Everyone should've had a say in this decision. If its indeed in everyone's best interest.

No matter the guidelines, i do believe that a mod is there to help and keep the peace, not to stir up trouble and to make everything worst for everyone.

There, the thread's still merged, but Puncake's post is first in the thread. Hopefully that's a good compromise.

• Thank you, Jennifer.

• I took asacol 2 times a day until they changed it.

My cousin has saved up to go to a hospital where they will continue to do tests and won't let you go until they can properly diagnose and tr

• Because we feel like someone took our favorite place and stir it up with other places for no fucking reason, we just don't like it because we've been through that shit a lot.

You didn't do anything wrong and this isn't a punishment. Why do you feel like the merge was such a travesty? What does it do that stops you

• I agree.

I don't think you should keep on pestering her about it. She pretty much fixed it for us. Isn't that enough?

• It's getting better, thanks, I still don't see the point of this useless process though.

• I don't think you should keep on pestering her about it. She pretty much fixed it for us. Isn't that enough?

The merge was still useless, and even more so now. You basically destroyed the other two. What of those people ? Did they ever ask for

• edited August 2014

its better thanks but changing the first post to puncake's still does not change anything the damage has been done we have lost people because of what you done hopefully they come back but like i said the damage is done

• What the hell...

I just missed something big.

• Look, basically the thread was merged with another one, and this is the result :/

It's bullshit imo.

What the hell... I just missed something big.

• we got merged with two dead threads without warning it was basically war the lounge vs jennifer

• edited August 2014

I don't see anything different though...

Edit: nvm yeah i do.

we got merged with two dead threads without warning it was basically war the lounge vs jennifer

• edited August 2014

cause we fought with jennifer so much she changed the main post to puncake's thing so it looks like the original go back a few pages and just have a read things weren't good and they are better now but still not good

I don't see anything different though... Edit: nvm yeah i do.

• Rachel!!! :D

School today? gdsjgnoegnqwegnp HAVE FUN!!~~ >:)

Sign in to comment in this discussion.