Start a Story, be your own Fable. (Create a Fable Thread)

Comments

• It catches me off guard sometimes, like I wanna write about Gerogie while explaning Junior and Mary's relationship. XD Some readers still had question so I thought why not?

LupineNoir posted: »

It's odd reading about them so far in the past while also reading about their children's children, but it's still good and explains a lot

• Real life catching up to them sounds a bit ominous. Anyway, hope you have/are having/had a fun time at the beach! Blue skies, azure water, golden sand - what's not to like? Islands always seem good for amusement parks, like the island is part of it. Thanks for the time consideration! I'm actually British, though I totally know what you're saying by 11 at night :P

EMMYPESS posted: »

Yeah, I know. We'll find out who may have lived in the cottage in good time. Probably when real life catches up to them. More to come, proba

• edited August 2014

Take deep breaths, Dragon, deep breaths!

Someone has to make a full blown Fables cast mod. Though this is pretty close!

Agabooega talahababa, Bigby Wolf, ajabaog!

• Love this game! I love attempting to re-create TWAU characters. I'm proud to say BOOM-They look awesome! XD I THINK I had this for the sims 2, if I'm not mistaken....XD

Another dorky sim thing, unrelated to mine or any one else's story X3 http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=530634 It just reminded me of Bigby in his werewolf form, I figured you'd enjoy it

• Haha, don't mind me - that was just my attempt at speaking random Sim gibberish.

Take deep breaths, Dragon, deep breaths! Someone has to make a full blown Fables cast mod. Though this is pretty close!

• Prologue part 5

"Thirteenth floor and a slice of Pie"

"Which one showed you her fate, John?"

As the two headed into the Woodlands building and waited patiently for the elevator, John finished off his cigarette. Grimble gave them each a faint nod, as the two walked inside and disappear behind walls of metal and wire.

"Let me try and recall her name. There were so many."

Ding, Ding As the numbers climbed, Bigby adjusted his tie.

"Not to sound brash but I'm surprised they allowed, well...."

John grinned. "Yeah. Me too. Thank God someone was there to back me up and allow access."

Bigby seemed addled. "Back up? How so?"

"Maddy."

"What?"

"The witch. Her name is Maddy."

The elevator stopped at their destination, as the two wolves made their exit and head straight for the witches. John and Bigby lit another cigarette, as he opened the massive doors. When they made their entrance, every soul in the room turned to face who had made entered their domain. A young girl holding a black cat stood near the window; an older lady sat quietly in the back knitting, as several others stood carelessly by the fire. John pointed to the black cat, as they slowly walked among the group.

"That's the one that showed me Lyla's fate." The cat eyed John, as he took a seat. "She was willing to give me a chance and-"

They were interupted by a voice. "Welcome, Sheriff. Mr. Smith. To what to do we owe this fine pair today?"

"Hello, Morgan. Sorry to intrude on such short notice but my friend John explained to me the images shown of his youngest daughter, Lyla."

The room grew very still. "Ah yes. The one with Mr. Georgie Porgie."

"I wish to see what Maddy displayed to John, so that I may get a better understanding of-"

The black cat slinked her way from the girl's grasp, as she walked up to the chair, pounced up and curled onto John's lap. The shape-shifter looked at John with demon-like eyes, as he prepared for whatever the witch decided to send his way. Although he felt out of place and unwelcomed, there was a small section of hope. He looked around the room, hoping to get a glimpse of him.

"Its a pleasure to see you again, John. My apologies for the stares and comments. We usually do not distribute business outside of the Fabletown walls. But your case struck a cord within me and all the risk taking in this world couldn't stop this."

She glared up at Bigby. "Gerogie Porgie is a Fable most in dire need of such feelings like friendship, love and security. He has been hurt for so long, Sheriff. His image brings much sorrow into my heart, even as I speak about him now."

"Please, Maddy. The community is in an uproar BECAUSE of Georgie. I must witness this myself."

The black cat simply gave a nod, as she jumped from John's lap and sat in the middle of the floor. While she prepared to show Bigby, John carefull scanned the area; he saw everyone else, the stares and whispers but not him. Where was he? Where was the one person that made all this possible? Frau Totenkinder, the witch knitting besdie the fire, glanced at John the entire time he looked around the room. She knew who he was desperatly looking for.

"Alright, Bigby. Please, if you'll come this way."

Bigby stood and carefully made his way to Maddy. The black cat closed her eyes and before long, an enormous portal opened before Bigby. He tried to sheild the glows of whites and blues, as he noticed figures slowly appearing within the portal.

"There he is-a lost, desperate soul, still searching for his purpose in Fabletown. He has no one-not a single soul remembers or wishes to claim Georgie Porgie. His involvement with the Crooked Man and The girl with the Ribbon sealed his fate and would have ended the way so many wished."

From the shadows, John noticed a tall, slender figure. At first, he wasn't too sure, until he made out the trademark bowler hat. Frau continued to knit, rocking back and forth. Here eyes never stopped watching John.

"Here he is, after you left him to suffer in the darkness and anguish the Pudding and Pie created." Bigby watched, as a fatally injured Georgie tried moving. At first, he threw himself onto the floor and wiggle his body towards the entrance but with so much blood lost, he stayed near the bar, his face towards the ceiling. "He was like this for some time, until you and John returned."

"Yeah. I remember finding him like that..."

"We felt this gesture of forgivness, as you two decided to give him another chance."

"So, why show John his daughter's fate, if she is not a-"

Maddy contiued to exhibit images. "Because you took upon yourself to create a friendship with a Folker. Once a Fable creates either a connection or friendship, they become one. Anything in regards to you, now shows him as well."

"Since we became friends-"

"We were able to see his future and what it meant for his daughters. His youngest, however, would turn into a monster in her teen years, thus causing her execution to happen and John losing his child."

Maddy glanced over at John but noticed his sight was locked on the slender figure. She chuckled and continued.

"But, the key to her avoiding such catastrophe and sadness, was Georgie Porgie; another lost and forgotten soul that needed guidance and reassurance in these dark days. With the friendship, hope and love she provides for him, not only does she avoid this grim fate but save Georgie from living the life his road was leading him to."

The image quickly turned dark, as Bigby watched in horror a large brown wold devour and tear open several mundies in a dark alley. Her lips, claws and chest was layered in blood and flesh, as she dug her fangs deeper into the warm liquid. He saw himself taking her down, Mayor Cole shaking gis head; the devestated look upon her parents and the day of judgement. Her sentence being read, Snow Whit and himself watching, as the ax came down onto her neck. The image went black, as yet another appeared. Georgie Porgie, drunk and covered with tracking marks, wobbling to the bathroom.

There, he sat on the toilet and continued holding a picture. His eyes were swollen and red, as he took one last drink, pulled out a gun and shot himself in the head. His body collasped to the floor, the image of Lyla that was once in his hands, now laid beside him in a pool of blood. Bigby was lost for words. Maddy simply stood.

"For you see, if one does not live, the other will not. Georgie and Lyla are the saving grace to the other. This is why. This is not set in stone yet, Bigby. Things can change."

Bigby stood up. As he tried lighting another cigarette, John atood up but continued watching the figure. It refused to make a peep; Frau watched, as the two wolves made their way out the door.

"I appreciate your time and showing me this. I'll make sure to tell Snow I was a witness."

"Everything happens for a reason. Remember this, Sheriff and it will all make sense."

Bigby watched, as the firgure John was so desperatly watching, made his way from the shadows. He looked so familiar. He almost looked like-no, it couldn't be. He had NO family left...right? And if he DID, why would he be here?

The two left the room and headed back down to the first floor. As they stood in the elevator and waited, Bigby had to ask.

"Does uh, does Georgie have family? Do you know?"

John was silent, even as the door opened. Bigby took that as an answer, as John waited for a cab. While Bigby finished off his cigarette, all he could picture was the image he saw. How he would explain this to Snow and the countless civilians waiting for an answer. Explain to them that Georgie Porgie, despite everything he's done, said or became involved in, was no longer an excuse to point the finger but an opportunity to change. That's the whole reason they came to this place, right?

"Thank you, Bigby."

"For what, John?"

"For allowing me the chance to plead my case. I know things haven't gone smoothly with our worlds; I'm sorry my kind have tried countless times to create havoc and chaos with the Fable community. This silly little feud...I hope it ends soon. I hate this sneaking around thing."

"Eh, I'm SURE people know you've been coming this way. Its not so bad, is it?"

"No, its not. Its nothing like I was taught..."

The cab pulled up and as John took a seat, Bigby quickly shoke his hand.

"Thank you again, Bigby."

"I'm just glad everything turns out alright in the end..."

From the Thirteenth floor window, the slender man with the Bowler hat watched, as the Folker werewolf took off down the busy streets of Fabletown. Beside him, Maddy sat, perched upon the window, glaring down at the Sheriff.

Whew! That was fun! Sorry if some things are a bit off. I TRIED using the comic as referance to some of the witches mentioned. As far as the mystery witch in training goes, well...that, I'll leave up to the readers. :) More of the Prologue soon and keep an eye out for Junior and Mary. Its gonna be a bloody good time. :) Any questions, ask below.

• edited August 2014

Ohhh. I thought you were hyperventilating from excitement or something :L virtually speaking, of course.

Haha, don't mind me - that was just my attempt at speaking random Sim gibberish.

• Oh hey, I loved this chapter! I'm no where near the witch issue but its fun hearing you throw them in as well. :)

Hmmm...I THINK I know who John was looking at...witch in training....

Great work! Can't wait for well, ANYTHING you do!

pudding_pie posted: »

Prologue part 5 "Thirteenth floor and a slice of Pie" "Which one showed you her fate, John?" As the two headed into the Woodlands b

• Well, I was technically excited for an unknown reason this morning - but that was way after the comment I posted. :P

Ohhh. I thought you were hyperventilating from excitement or something :L virtually speaking, of course.

• I image that there was a huge cloud of smoke that entered the room when the doors where opened, what with John and Bigby being like chimneys xD

It's got to be Ben, the figure in the shadows. I like to think of the witch in training as Harmony, though the time lines would be a bit strange, so I'm stumped on that one.

Prologue part 5 "Thirteenth floor and a slice of Pie" "Which one showed you her fate, John?" As the two headed into the Woodlands b

• Random excitement sounds kinda fun. Ever so slightly unnerving, too. :P

Well, I was technically excited for an unknown reason this morning - but that was way after the comment I posted. :P

• Hey, I wanted to say nice profile image, JJ. Made me smile. :)

Hm, you THINK you know....dun dun dun! lol jk Well, if you think you know, then you'll also know I love adding my own twsit to things. Makes em exciting! XD

JJwolf posted: »

Oh hey, I loved this chapter! I'm no where near the witch issue but its fun hearing you throw them in as well. Hmmm...I THINK I know who John was looking at...witch in training.... Great work! Can't wait for well, ANYTHING you do!

• As do I, everytime I picture those two together. You'd never lose either of them. XD

Yes. The figure in the shadows WAS Ben but there is a reason why he is among the witches on the Thirteenth floor cough cough. I agree on the Harmony issue. She's make a fine witch to throw into the mix but sadly, the poor girl has not been even THOUGHT of at this moment.

I image that there was a huge cloud of smoke that entered the room when the doors where opened, what with John and Bigby being like chimneys

• Alright, third chapter. Let's see what kind of shit is about to go down, and for those of you a little late quick recap of Oc's.

Lyall- Bigby and Nerissa's son

Scarlett- Bloody Mary's daughter, married to Brawdr. Father unknown.

Bradwr- Jersey's son, married to Scarlett. Mother is unknown.

Bonnie- Beauty and Beast's daughter.

The cold heart of hate

Chapter three It takes two to tango

A amused chuckle erupted from the back of Bonnie's throat as she took one last drag of the joint, the weed was certainly doing it's magic to ease her nerves. She wouldn't say her and Bradwr (That's what he gave his name as) were seriously stoned, but she could feel the high alright.

"Fuck I needed that." Bonnie mused.

"You and me both." Bradwr replied.

"Shitty night too?"

"Yup, guess misery loves company." taking the joint he dropped it on the ground and stomped it out. "You said your turning eighteen right?"

"Yeah, don't worry I won't be running to tell my parents. In fact I'll most likely be running away from them." she chuckled. "I'll finally be free. Don't get me wrong I love them... but being the only child, well let's just say the whole spoil your only child bit gets old." Bonnie explained, tucking a few stray locks of hair behind her ears.

"HA! Least your parents care, my old man doesn't give two shits." he adjusted his glasses. "Long as I do what he says without a complain he won't flip his shit."

"Wonder how Lyall didn't have to go through this? Only child, and instantly gets to be a part of law enforcement." she scoffed.

Maybe part of her was a bit envious of Lyall. Both his parents were and still are very encouraging about his career choice, her parents been trying to talk her out of her job choice since she spoke about having an interest in it.

"Lyall?"

"Sheriff's son, you know? Bigby and Nerissa Wolf's son? About this tall, brown hair and eyes, part wolf and mermaid ... or is it merman in his case?"

Bradwr shook his head. "Fuck, shit, I gotta go." he stated quickly dashing out of the closet.

"Wait!" Bonnie cried out, but it was too late. Her drug buddy was already gone.

XXX

Lyall's footsteps somehow managed to stay in syncs with his dance partner. She wasn't kidding when she told him to try to keep up, the purple dressed woman was clearly one hell of dancer who took orders from no one, not that he minded her leading this dance. He doubted this woman could be talked into easing up... unless...

"Surprise you're keeping up okay." she mused.

"I like a challenge."

"Do you now Wolf?" her lips formed a straight line as her eyes narrowed at him.

"You like challenges right?" he asked raising an eye brow at her.

"Yes, if only I could find one though."

"Is that a challenge?"

"I'll let you be the judge of that Wolf."

"You can just call me Lyall you know, speaking of names what's yours?" he asked.

"That's on a need to know bias."

Well at least this added to the mystery of his dance partner. His hand gently gripped hers a little harder, signalling he wished to lead. The mystery woman gave him a quick glare be eventually allowed him to lead. Soon as she let him he slowed down the dance steps. This clearly displeased her .

"Thought you were gonna give me a challenge Wolf?" she huffed.

"I am, to relax." he said and slowly dipped her. "Your too goddamn tense, just calm your nerves and lighten up a little."

Once he brought her back up she narrowed her brown eyes at him, she open her mouth about to speak until...

"You're certainly quite the dancer." turning around Lyall found his parents, Nerissa and Bigby.

"Well I make her look good." he chuckled.

"I would say it's the other way around." Bigby chuckled. "So what's your name... Miss?"

"Why ruin the mystery?" she replied.

His father's brow furrowed as he stared at the mystery woman before him. "I'm sorry, but have we met? You look... familiar."

"No we haven't, you know how many Fables are around here, hard to keep track." she stated.

"You're quite the dancer." Nerissa commented.

"Just a little hobby. Surprise your son could keep up."

"Speaking of dancing." Nerissa looked at Bigby, a sly smile spread on her face. "You promised me one dance at least."

"Alright, alright." Bigby took ahold of Nerissa's hand. "We're check on you two later."

Right after his parents left Lyall turned to face his dance parter.

"Now, where were we? Miss..." he paused and arched an eye brow . "I really would like a name."

"All in due time." she informed. "But first..." she leaned close to his mouth . "Catch me if you can."

Soon after that little message she turned around and took off.

"Hey, wait up!" he called going after her. She was already very deep into the crowd, all he could see from time to time was a glimpse of the pure dress the woman was clad in.

He tried his best to politely push past his fellow guest but he was dead set on not losing sight of her. His brown eyes caught sight of her leaving the room and ducking down into a hall, that hall was off limits due to cleaning. After getting past a few more Fables he sprinted to the hallways.

The lights were off, no surprise since Flycatcher was currently tending to the floors upstairs.

"Over here."

Upon turning around there she was, opening a door and quickly enter the room.

"Hey, come on." Lyall entered the room and froze.

It was just a common bathroom, toilet, skin and a large mirror... but where was she? This bathroom didn't have any other exits or hidden doors.

"Too slow Wolf."

Once again upon turning around there she was, opening yet another door.

"What the hell?" Lyall said out loud, confusion laced his tone. Was she a witch or something?

She merely chuckled at his confusion and entered the room yet again.

Like the first time he made his way over there and she was gone, as if she disappeared into thin air.

"Too slow."

her voice echoed through the hallways.

It was like a pattern, she would appear, enter a room, and when he got there she was gone only to reappear elsewhere in the halls.

"Over here."

"Come on Wolf"

"Can't catch me."

She was taunting him at this point, every time he missed her she would just appear again and taunt him.

Upon checking what he guessed to be his tenth room he paused.

"Where the hell are you?!"

"Right behind you." her voice hissed.

As soon as he turned around he barely had a second to process any kind of though before her perfectly manicured red nails curled into a fist and punched him square in the face. She was certainly stronger then she looked. He fell back onto the dusty wooden floor, he felt a set of hands grabbed him by the shoulders and drag him to his feet.

He squirmed but no avail, glancing behind him to see his capture he could see a white, skull like head that reminded him of a dragon, and a set of large leathery wings.

"About damn time you showed up Bradwr." she hissed at the man who had a good grip on him. "I was almost thinking I would have to do this by myself."

"For fucks sake Scarlett, I... got sidetracked." he hissed.

So Scarlett was this mysterious woman's name. His brown eyes soon met with her fierce hazel ones, her hands curled into another fist and send a punch to his stomach.

He coughed and specks of blood on impact. A pleased grin spread across her red lips, pulling out a revolver Scarlett pressed the barrel of the gun to his chest, right where his heart was. Another thing he gotten from his father was his sense of smell, and aside from the scent of a herb like substance the metal smell of silver filled his nostrils.

Fuck, this was bad... Silver bullets nearly killed his dad... And inheriting most of his father's genes, the odds were not in his favour.

It was then Scarlett's pulled the gun back.

"What the fuck?" the man known as Bradwr exclaimed. "I thought you wanted to kill this little fucker?!"

"Oh I do..." flashing him a sly grin she glared daggers into his eyes. "I want him to suffer first."

Well I think we all learned a lesson here, asking the daughter of Bloody Mary for a dance is a bad idea, mainly if your related to Bigby Wolf.

• Yeah, I think it was a conversion, if I'm not mistaken.

Love this game! I love attempting to re-create TWAU characters. I'm proud to say BOOM-They look awesome! XD I THINK I had this for the sims 2, if I'm not mistaken....XD

• Ah, alrighty then. Well, yeah. I had tons of fun! The only thing I was able to win in a claw machine was a pink webkinz horse (Which was actually by accident, I wanted the frog) But I still liked it so I have it with my sister's pile of stuffed animals, lol.

Real life catching up to them sounds a bit ominous. Anyway, hope you have/are having/had a fun time at the beach! Blue skies, azure water, g

• Oh wow! This was a really awesome chapter! I like that they went to the thirteenth floor and Maddie (TBH I can't remember if it's spelled with a y or an ie, but I always thought it was ie) Was the one who gave the reading. Ozma was just like "Whateves", lol. I was able to picture the whole scene extremely well. And I love how you added what I presume is Ben to the story, standing in the shadows. I like where this is going. One question, just out of curiosity: What issue/volume have you read up to? I'm just curious, lol.

• Lol, I'm glad you guys would love to use my Harmony, but you're right; Her mother isn't even born yet.

As do I, everytime I picture those two together. You'd never lose either of them. XD Yes. The figure in the shadows WAS Ben but there is

• edited August 2014

"I'm doing what I can, Miss White. But I have other important things to attend to that don't pertain to searching for missing children!" Morgan was getting severely frustrated, and not just at Snow White. It was bothering her that she hadn't found the girl yet. Surely, she should have seen some trace Harmony. She had been searching for damn near 4 days now.

"It's time for me to head back to the castle. I'll have to search again in the morning," Morgan told herself after hanging up the phone. She discarded the searching spell and began to walk up the steps. The cubs sat on the living room floor, playing a quiet game, as she'd suggested to them. She was beginning to kind of like them, or rather, the thought of having children in general. She dismissed the thought though, and bade farewell for the night.

Tim came out with a pitcher of fresh squeezed lemonade. He set it on the little table we had outside and sat, watching me practice some fencing.

"You sure I'm the man of the house?" he joked.

"Funny. Just because I do all the dirty work, doesn't mean your efforts go unnoticed," I tease.

"Oh, please. Since when was the last time you said 'Thank You' when I cleaned up or cooked for you?" Tim poored some of the lemonade into two cups on the table.

"I say thank you all the time!" I impaled my makeshift dummy though the center, where the heart would be.

"Oh, I think you've killed it, Harm. And yeah, I'm just busting your chops."

"Uhuh. Whatever," I say. I place the sword down beside the house.

"Have you been feeling better?" Tim asks, taking a sip from his glass.

"Hardly. I still feel nauseous, especially after breakfast. Are you poisoning me?"

Tim laughs,"No, you'd notice if I slipped rat poison or arsenic in your eggs."

I laugh back," I suppose I would." I lift my hand, bringing the drink from the table into mid air and to my lips without laying a finger on the glass.

"You're getting really good at that," Tim says. He stands, bringing the rest of the pitcher inside and I follow him in. We stand in the kitchen together for a moment, letting our eyes adjust to the slight darkness of it.

"I really wish we had electricity and light bulbs here. It get's dark in this house, and I'm afraid the candles will catch it on fire one day."

"Good point. I should find a spell to fix that."

"Maybe another day," Tim says, pulling me into his arms. I notice the brace rubbing against my leg. I wonder if I could fix that for him. There's gotta be something in there. I shrug it off, and we kiss for a good couple of minutes.

"Lets go for a walk," He suggests.

"I like walks. But I love to fly," I say.

"What are you saying?" Tim raises his eyebrows at me.

"I'm saying, I haven't flown much lately, and we have all the freedom here to do so. Fly with me. I won't let you go."

He gives me a big smile,"I've never flown before. Let's go."

I lift him up in the air with me, guiding us out the door and into the cloudless blue sky.

The end of this chapter! I was gone all day yesterday with my family. I had tons of fun. Now I wrote a chapter after a few hours of chores (Yeah, the house needed a good clean down, lol). I hope you enjoyed this!

• Good for you! :) The frog with all that crazy fur? It looks sweet! Kind of you to give it to her; and at least you won something, I just epically fail whenever I try and claw. xD

Ah, alrighty then. Well, yeah. I had tons of fun! The only thing I was able to win in a claw machine was a pink webkinz horse (Which was act

• I'm probably misinterpreting here, but you know when Harmony says she feels nauseous, especially after breakfast, does that mean what I think it means?

"I'm doing what I can, Miss White. But I have other important things to attend to that don't pertain to searching for missing children!" Mor

• That's certainly a lesson of note; Lyall is going to have a job on getting out of this one!

Bloody-Mary posted: »

Alright, third chapter. Let's see what kind of shit is about to go down, and for those of you a little late quick recap of Oc's. Lyall- B

• "How much longer do we plan on staying here?" Tim asks. We lay in our bed, resting the afternoon away. It's been a few meager months, the wind is starting to have a chill to it. Winter here is coming, and I don't know how brutal it could be.

"As long as we can. Are you trying to tell me something?" I ask.

"No, well. I don't know. I don't care how long we stay, I just want to know that we can go back one day." Tim rolls over onto his stomach, his head facing me.

"We can. We will. Just, give it a little while longer. I've gotten used to this simple life. Don't want to cut it short, I guess." I run my hand through his hair.

"That's okay. I'll stay as long as you stay. Not that I have much choice." Tim laughs. He gets up and walk toward the window, closing the blinds. He seems to be able to walk better. Maybe I've been imagining it. Taking these walks have helped, I know that. He turns to face me, a big fat smile on his face.

I wonder if I should tell him yet?

He crawls back into bed, kisses my neck. I stay limp, letting him kiss me.

"You alright, babe? You don't seem too into, well..." He sits up and looks down at me.

I get up out of bed, walking to the mirror across the room. I hear him stand up, his bare feet creaking the floorboards beneath him. He stands behind me in the mirror, his arms around my waist, like usual. He's a foot or so taller than me, so he rests his head on top of mine. We stand there a moment, breathing in the images on the glass. We've changed in the short while we've been out here. We look stronger. We act stronger. We are closer than ever. Every day we go out. I try to look for anyone else in the world, but there's nothing. No one lives out here.

It's peaceful.

"What's bothering you?" He asks.

"Nothing is bothering me. I just..." I look away from the mirror, toward the door out into the kitchen.

"Just what?" Tim tightens his grip on me, as if he's afraid I'll run away.

"I think...I think I'm pregnant."

I'm ready for the extreme reactions from you guys. If there are any, that is XD Ask questions if you have any.

• SQUEE! I knew it! I'm for #TeamBlue folks! XD

Hm. Wonder how THIS will interfear with Harmony's witch abilities. Can't wait to read more!

"How much longer do we plan on staying here?" Tim asks. We lay in our bed, resting the afternoon away. It's been a few meager months, the wi

• I'm currently on 'Cubs in Toyland' issue #117. Its taking me awhile to read them, between school, work and baby on the way. I THINK you are right about the spelling; it didn't look right but at the time, it didn't cross my mind. XD I was torn between which witch to use. (No pun intended) I'm throwing Ben in there for various reasons; I like to add my little 'twists' into it as well. :)

Oh wow! This was a really awesome chapter! I like that they went to the thirteenth floor and Maddie (TBH I can't remember if it's spelled wi

• Haha XD We'll see how things go, considering I have yet to plan it! But for now, I figured you of all people would be excited for this particular chapter!

SQUEE! I knew it! I'm for #TeamBlue folks! XD Hm. Wonder how THIS will interfear with Harmony's witch abilities. Can't wait to read more!

• edited August 2014

I lift him up in the air with me, guiding us out the door and into the cloudless blue sky.

You can fly, you can fly, you can fly, you can flyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

"I'm doing what I can, Miss White. But I have other important things to attend to that don't pertain to searching for missing children!" Mor

• Living in a house located in the middle of a magical nowhere, such an event was bound to happen. :) I was still surprised though, don't get me wrong. XD

"How much longer do we plan on staying here?" Tim asks. We lay in our bed, resting the afternoon away. It's been a few meager months, the wi

• edited August 2014

I really liked how you made this Maddy witch a black cat the first time we saw her, what a really unique twist to it. :D Good job! Can't wait to see who the mystery witch is!

• It can mean whatever you want it to ;)

I'm probably misinterpreting here, but you know when Harmony says she feels nauseous, especially after breakfast, does that mean what I think it means?

• Ah, well, yeah. You'll see how things turn out later on, when I get to it. I probably won't reveal the gender and such til the birth, so you guys can have fun guessing what'll happen, lol

Living in a house located in the middle of a magical nowhere, such an event was bound to happen. I was still surprised though, don't get me wrong. XD

• Maddy is a black cat on the thirteenth floor already. A Willingham character you'll see around issue 80 maybe? I can't remember. She's always been there, just not a character mentioned until later on.

I really liked how you made this Maddy witch a black cat the first time we saw her, what a really unique twist to it. Good job! Can't wait to see who the mystery witch is!

• Ah, I feel embarrassed. You and pudding are probably snickering behind my back now. D:

Maddy is a black cat on the thirteenth floor already. A Willingham character you'll see around issue 80 maybe? I can't remember. She's always been there, just not a character mentioned until later on.

• Chapter 6

"Can of Peas"

NOTE: I changed the Fable Peter is currently dating. Not a lot of people KNEW my first choice, so to make things easier, I decided on another. :) If there are any questions, let me know in the comments below. Well, let's get to it! :)

Enjoy!

The aroma of Chinese food quickly took over my entire kitchen. I was so busy trying to keep Mary away from the Pork Chowmein, that I didn't noticed the time. The girls sat patiently on the couch, while George played with his Army men on the ground.

"DADDY! I don't like these clothes!" Oh please, Sheila. Just this once. "I want my Misfits teeshirt back!"

"Sweetie, it will only be for awhile, okay? Just until uncle Peter leaves-"

"He doesn't care what I look like!" I was beginning to wonder if I was arguing with a sixteen year old. "Pwese!?"

Mary glared up from the stack of plates she carried to the table.

"Hush, Sheila or I'll send you to the deepest, darkest crevices of the mirror!"

Sheila mumbled a few time before folding her arms and sinking deep into the couch cushions.

"Deepest, darkest part of the mirror?"

"Don't worry 'bout it. SHE knows what I'm talking about."

Before long, there was a knock on the door. Like Meerkats in an open field, the older kids poked their heads up and glanced at the door. As I casually walked to the door and adjusted my tie, I could hear him speaking. A female voice spoke, as I turned the knob and greeted my brother. Since the last time I saw him, Peter had grown a foot taller and appeared much larger. He was embracing his Wolf side and the characteristics were showing. A beautiful woman with Ebony hair, pale skin and pink lips stood beside this gigantic man.

"Hey, Peter!" We locked in a loving embrace, as Mary stood beside me. "Wow! Look at you! You're....you're fucking huge! Excuse my language but damn, bro! Wolf side be treatin' ya real nice!"

"Thanks, Junior. And shit-you look more and more like dad every time I see you." His attention soon was directed on Mary. "And look at you-Bloody Mary. Still palying the whole 'eating teenager's lungs' or did the motherly duties kick in finally?"

Mary palyfully punched Peter, as she gave him a hug. "I'd watch yourself, Wolf. Just because you are Junior's brother does not mean you get special treatment. I KNOW where you sleep."

"Oh, so scary!" He laughed, as the girl walked beside him. "Junior, this is Ariana."

"Please to meet you, Ariana." She seemed so familiar, like I had seen her before. "So, if you don't mind me asking are you a Fable or-"

"Yes, Junior. A Fable." I did, however, notice her behavior towards Mary. She had a combonation of fear and anger, as she glanced in her direction. "Hello, Mary..."

"Ariana." Awkward. There was a thickness of tension. To avoid making things even worse, I showed the pair inside the apartment.

"Well, uh, how about you two come this way and show you the kids." As Peter entered the apartment, George nearly flew into his arms, as Sheila hung around his giant forearm like a monkey.

"Uncle Peter!" George kissed his face, as he wrapped his tiny arms around Peter's head. "I missed you!"

"Missed you too, champ. My you have grown! And you too, Sheila. Look just like mommy every time I see you." Peter glanced over at the twins. "Wow, bro. They are getting so big. They're beautiful."

I handed Peter the girls. At first, they were not sure how to act towards Peter. In their short lives, he has seen them twice; not that he didn't want to but we all became so busy with our ownlives. You almost forget there are others. But soon, Aubrey was snuggling against his chest and Sophia could care less. To her, it was another nuisance.

"Can you believe it. Not too long ago, your uncle Peter remembers you girls being really tiny in his arms."

Ariana stepped behind Peter, glanced over his shoulder and eyed the girls.

"You want to hold one, Ariana?"

She quickly shoke her head. "No, no-that'd alright, sweetie. Thank you. Not all too...comfortable with babies-"

Mary let out an aggravated snort. "Hm. Sure its THEM that's making you uncomfortable..."

"OKAY! Who's hungry?" I stared angrily at Mary but by this time, she had taken her seat and was searving herself. I think she was enjoying this and whatever history she and Ariana had, it wasn't over. As I helped make a plate for the older kids, Peter took small chunks of Orange chicken and feed it to the twins. Like rows of knives, Sophia opened her mouth and inhaled the piece; her fangs gnawing on the meat, as Aubrey pulled it apart one by one.

"Ugh, girls, no." I rushed over and pulled the meat out. "You girls are gonna choke! Here-like this. Eat like young ladies-"

"Porgie, please sweetie. It never works."

"Mary, they need to learn proper table manners and-" I was inturupted by Mary's loud burp. "Really?"

She dabbed a napkin onto her lips. "Oops. Sorry. Where ARE my manners?" Mary gawked at Ariana, who was currently enjoying her Broccoli and Beef. "Sooooo, Ariana-what have you been up to thise past century?"

"Well, I'm a sales clerk at a retail store. That's were Peter and I met. At first, I told him no but after some time, I decided to go on a date with him."

"WOW. So fascinating." Sarcasm nearly spewed from her lips as she spoke. "Still doing the whole 'princess' bit?"

"No, Mary. I'm not. But I'm sure YOU'RE still doing what you're so well known for."

Mary twirled her fork into the pan fried noodles.

"Mary, stop. Can't we just-"

She held up her hand. "Hold on, Porgie. I'm getting to KNOW Peter's girlfriend. You didn't TELL me what a wonderful person she is..."

Peter and I just sat and stared. The fuck was going on? I know there was a time when EVERYONE knew one another but damn.

"Well, Ariana. I'm sure you know who Peter's father is, right?"

"Yes. Both of them are wonderful men."

"Hmmm, yes. They are fun." She chomped her teeth down into the Orange chicken. "Which makes me wonder why you'd date Peter. I mean, he's WAAAY off YOUR typical men you date-"

"Mary, seriously?" I kicked her foot under the table. "Stop, okay? Can you not be you, for five minutes?"

"Oh, its fine, Junior. After all, we are just getting to know each other. Nice to know you never changed, Mary. Same 'ol Bloody Mary-jumping through mirrors, destroying the lives of various teens only looking for a giggle-scaring the life out of innocent mundies and Fables alike." She paused to take a drink. "She's a wonderful choice to have children with, Junior. I thought Porgies only fancied the finner cuts of meat."

I pushed my chair out but before I could stand, Mary had me sitting back down.

"Hm. Yes. Porgie gives it to me REAL good. Its true..he's JUST like Georgie Porgie. Mmm. His mother is one lucky bitch...literally." Mary downed her glass of wine and took another bite of her noodles. "Tell me, Ariana-are you still sleeping on twenty matresses with vegetables under them or did you finally upgrade?"

"Okay, Mary-"

"Uh, do you two have a history or something?" Peter seemed stunned. All the while, the girls found the adult's loud behavior entertaining; George, like I was doing, sat quietly and decided the best option for survival was sit back and wait. "Since we got here, there has been-"

Ariana stroked Peter's face. "Oh, its fine, sweetie. Here. Eat before we go to your parent's house."

The remainder of the time we sat and ate, there was an awkward tension looming over our heads. The glances they exchanged to one another. We remained quiet up until Peter's departure. As I paid my farewells and thanked Ariana for the visit, Mary snuck off into the mirror and disappeared.

"I'm...sorry, Peter."

"Hey, these things happen. I should have known. I mean, with Mary's history and all..."

I sighed heavily. "Yeah. Well, take it easy. Say hi to mom and dad for me."

As I closed the doors and finished cleaning up, she stepped outside and walked back into the kitchen.

"Are they gone?"

I threw some forks into the sink creating a loud clinking sound.

"HEY! Take it easy, Porgie."

"Really, Mary? I can't do ANYTHING nice because you don't know when to just stop! Did you REALLY need to do all that?"

"Porgie, I'm sorry alright but I wish you would have told me who-"

"It doesn't MATTER who it is-it could be me, Emily, Bigby, Snow, Ariana-fucking JESUS hilself can come down from the heavens and it wouldn't matter WHAT history you had with them, you didn't need to do that! I wanted a wonderful evening with my brother, you and his new girlfriend. For ONCE, int eh twenty five years I've lived on this planet, I'd like a NORMAL dinner with NORMAL conversations!"

Mary just stood there, as I paced around the kitchen. "But, noooooo! THAT'S too much to ask for-for my daughter to wear something nice, for Junior to have a nice meal with his family, to have NICE things-for his girlfriend to NOT be herself for five fucking minutes!"

I instanly knew when the line was crossed, when tears formed in her eyes.

"Oh God no, Mary-"

"Is that how you feel, Porgie? Is this how...I'm SORRY, okay? About 95% of the Fables in this town, I've had history with! Those were different times-times WAY before you were even thought of! I'm sorry, alright. But that-you can't sit here and tell me to 'act' a certain way. It doesn't..."

She paused briefly before heading to the mirror once more.

"Give the kids love for me. I need to get out."

I tried reaching for her hand. "Mary no wait-stop! Please! I'm sor-"

"No. I'm sorry, Porgie. Sorry I ruined your life."

Before I could answer, she was gone. I tried reaching into the mirror but it rejected me every time.

Great. Just fucking great.

Chapter 7 soon :)

• edited August 2014

Yeah, I figured Ben was a personal touch of yours. Personally, Cubs in Toyland was both my favorite arc, and yet the hardest to read because of it's particular ending. That's not bad though! It's right before the real crap happens. If you haven't already, you should try Fairest on for size. It goes hand in hand with the main comic but focuses on the women of Fabletown more. You even learn a little more about the characters than you would just reading Fables! Of course, when you have the time to do so. Also, congrats for the millionth time, babies are just too exciting!

I'm currently on 'Cubs in Toyland' issue #117. Its taking me awhile to read them, between school, work and baby on the way. I THINK you are

• Think Em is right...issue 80...hmmm

Oh stop! We are not! :)

Ah, I feel embarrassed. You and pudding are probably snickering behind my back now.

• I like doing so, adding my own touch. Makes it feel more personal. :) I will definantly have to check that one out. I heard it was pretty good. I'm looking forward to reading further and seeing what everyone is talking about. :D

Yeah, I figured Ben was a personal touch of yours. Personally, Cubs in Toyland was both my favorite arc, and yet the hardest to read because

• Phew! Took a load off of my mind. :)

Think Em is right...issue 80...hmmm Oh stop! We are not!

• Well, you are most welcome. :) Too cute!

'cus of you, I can't see him as a bad guy.

Hey, I wanted to say nice profile image, JJ. Made me smile. Hm, you THINK you know....dun dun dun! lol jk Well, if you think you know, then you'll also know I love adding my own twsit to things. Makes em exciting! XD

• Princess and the Pea!! I loved that story. At 1st I was luck, 'huh' Vegetables....

Wow. Wonder what Mary did to her so long ago that they are not over with. I hope she's just letting off some steam. :( I feel bad for Mary. Junior seems overwhelemd.

Chapter 6 "Can of Peas" NOTE: I changed the Fable Peter is currently dating. Not a lot of people KNEW my first choice, so to make thin

Sign in to comment in this discussion.