My first TT purchase - LOVE IT!

edited July 2009 in Wallace & Gromit
I've been eying the Telltale web site for some time because DOTT is easily one of the top 10 greatest games that I have ever played. Decided to make the jump in purchasing W&G and am really glad that I did. Still playing through the first episode but it's spot-on in terms of "fitting in" with the W&G shorts and their universe.

Sam and Max are next on my list, followed by Monkey Island (The demos have captured my interest, but I figure I have enough to do with W&G for the time being). I know I'm not alone in wanting a Day of the Tentacle game of some kind, so I'll keep my fingers crossed. I think the revival of Monkey Island is a good sign that this could happen. And, of course, more W&G can't hurt either.

Thanks very much to the Telltale Team for:

1.) Making adventure games
2.) Making GOOD adventure games
3.) Creating products of such high caliber and quality
4.) Delivering the episodes on time (Hey, Valve, what's your excuse with HL2?)
5.) Making the episodes affordable (Seriously, $60 for an Xbox 360 or PS3 game today is rarely worth it).

You've made another satisfied customer who will DEFINITELY be back for more.

Comments

• edited July 2009
    Glad you're here... it's been a long time in the gaming wilderness for adventure fans but Telltale really seems to get it.
  • edited July 2009
    Could anyone explain to me in simple words what's W&G all about? The graphic style of the game somewhat turns me down... but if the game's awesome, might give it a try.
  • edited July 2009
    harlequ1n wrote: »
    Could anyone explain to me in simple words what's W&G all about? The graphic style of the game somewhat turns me down... but if the game's awesome, might give it a try.

Ok, very briefly then and trying not to spoil to much! Wallace and his dog Gromit are inventors who try to make ends meet in different ways. In the first episode Wallace has invented a honey producing machine and suddenly gets a huge order of honey from a local shop owner. Wallaces regular bees can't possibly produce that much honey so it's up to the inventors to find a way to finish the order in time. Of course, things does not work as expected and an adventure ensues.

The game is about solving different puzzles within a given story, with clues and objects around the world for you to discover. Where Sam 'n Max solves puzzles in rather unusual ways, W&G solves them with a more direct approach to logic and, if I may say so, a lot of heart. For example: where Max would bully an NPC at gunpoint to spill clues, W&G tries to reason and befriend the world.

Hope that helps! :)
  • edited July 2009
    The graphic style of the game somewhat turns me down...

Have you ever seen the original clay-animation movies?:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5395pqpGiiI
  • edited July 2009
    It was my first Telltale game too. I never watched the Wallace & Gromit show until the game either & I became a fan of it too. Thanks Telltale for introducing me to 2 of my current favorite things. Wallace & Gromit & your games
  • edited July 2009
    It was my first TT purchase too (I bought the spanish retail version of S&M Season 1 but that doesn't count...)

Now I have SBCG4AP and the Bone games (I even have Texas Hold'em)... for the rest of them (S&MS2 and TMI) I'm waiting to the retail version.

I love you Telltale :D

Thank you for bringing the good adventures back from the grave!
  • edited July 2009

Episode 2 is about Wallace & Gromit going on vacation (i mean holiday) and get rained out. Then after a pipe burst they deside to make a beach side resort, then it turns into a whodunit mystery. its cool.
  • edited July 2009
    Wallace & Gromit is an awesome adventure, and technically is the best game from Telltale, the clay textures are very good. I like it even more than Sam & Max. I hope Telltale makes a Season Two...
    I never watched the Wallace & Gromit show
    Oh, how strange... They are very popular, at least in Europe, almost all their film shorts have won an Oscar, even their only full-time film won an Oscar for Best Animated Film... They are very funny, and the clay animation is stunning...
Sign in to comment in this discussion.