Details that people might forget, don't notice or just don't know about The Walking Dead

Comments

• Those who were most deserving of hugs went unhugged...

Bokor posted: »

On the other hand, Sarah rejects the one time you can give her a hug. I'm still pissed that you couldn't comfort her later on.

• In Season 2 Episode 5, if you choose [Help Luke]: The last words that Clementine says to Luke are "I got you. It's going to be all right." And the last words that Luke says to her are "Just go back. Please. Please."

Luke's name means "Light" and he dies by being dragged down into the dark depths of the lake.

If Clementine falls into the water trying to save Luke, when Jane pulls her out, the first thing Clem says is "Get Luke" but since she's shivering the subtitles read "Guuuu... Luuu..."

• edited August 2014

After covering Luke,if you don't crack the ice,Bonnie will die along with him.And you should probably do that,because she's a major bitch to Clem later in the episode.

• Omid is an angel.

Omid looks like an angel

• I don't know if someone already post this but,in the car you have a choice to say that lee shouldn't have come to save clem from the stranger and kenny will threaten to slap her if she says things like that :O i was kinda shocked with this.

• As mentioned in another thread it is possible to shot Mike when he walks towards you to take your gun.

Only possible on PS3 tho it seems.

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator
    edited August 2014

If you aren't able to convince Kenny to rejoin the group in episode 5, he'll later knock Arvo unconscious by repeatedly whacking him on the head with his gun when Arvo shouts at Mike to leave him alone, so Arvo is never allowed to grieve about his sister with Mike.

• In the flashback sequence.IF you didn't forsake Lily (my choice anyway) Lee will ask if leaving is a good idea.

If Clem says I don't know Lee will say I don't know either

If Clem says Maybe Lee will say no Clementine Lily needs another chance

If Clem says NO She'll die on her own Lee will say No are you serious she's crazy I made a mistake letting her come

I don't think they are accurate but it seems Lee will oppose Clementine , What is he trying to tell us.

• A lot of people probably know this, but you can pass through the blizzard without shooting a single walker.

• Mike probably was planning to leave from Episode 4. When Bonnie stated he volunteered to join her at the museum, Mike replied that he wanted to talk to her. Realizing that Clem was present, he decided to be quiet.

The campfire scene in Episode 5 is reminiscent of S1E3 (after Kenny and Lee returned). Both were quiet moments, the proverbial calm before the storm. In both cases, death and betrayal occurred shortly afterwards.

Jane was appalled with Kenny beating Arvo, yet forgot how she threatened Arvo not too long before that.

The group was possibly closer to the town Clem saw in Episode 4, but decided that Arvo's home was a better place to find supplies.

Kenny's hair is uncannily similar to Nick's hair.

• edited August 2014

Kenny bears several similarities to Carver during 205. He gives Vitali a chance to give up in a similar way to when Carver told Kenny to give up (even their poses when saying that are similar). He then grabs Arvo and threatens to put a bullet in his head (again, almost exactly as Carver said). Then of course later on, he starts punching Arvo in the face after being insulted.

205 is also similar to 105 in a few ways. For example, you could compare the attic scene to the campfire scene since in both scenes the group gets a chance to rest and talk. Also, the way Ben sits away from the group reminds me of how Arvo is tied up away from the group. Near the end of the episode, the way Clementine stops Kenny from killing Jane is similar to how she stops the fight between the stranger and Lee. Also, this last one might be a stretch, but the scene where Clementine walks through the blizzard and ends at the rest stop could be compared to when Lee fights through the walkers and reaches the Marsh House.

• Just another reason for me to wish I could've shot Kenny in the head.

dojo32161 posted: »

If you aren't able to convince Kenny to rejoin the group in episode 5, he'll later knock Arvo unconscious by repeatedly whacking him on the

• thats really odd, I'm guessing they forgot to edit it out of the ps3 version

Wumble posted: »

As mentioned in another thread it is possible to shot Mike when he walks towards you to take your gun. Only possible on PS3 tho it seems.

• Wait what?! You mean in other versions you couldn't shoot him?

Wumble posted: »

As mentioned in another thread it is possible to shot Mike when he walks towards you to take your gun. Only possible on PS3 tho it seems.

• Because him dying is not canon, Telltale changed it before it the release, so I guess on PS3 if you don't update you can shoot him.

Wait what?! You mean in other versions you couldn't shoot him?

• edited August 2014

Kenny said in the car when I asked about Mike that he died? Or was that taken out too? They should've left it in IMO, more choices n shit.

EDIT: I definitely downloaded the patch before playing too. My Mike choice wasn't shown at the end though :S

Because him dying is not canon, Telltale changed it before it the release, so I guess on PS3 if you don't update you can shoot him.

• Yeah they changed the choice from "Did you shoot Mike?" To "Did you ask to leave with them?"

Kenny said in the car when I asked about Mike that he died? Or was that taken out too? They should've left it in IMO, more choices n shit. EDIT: I definitely downloaded the patch before playing too. My Mike choice wasn't shown at the end though :S

• Mike confirmed for DLC/Season 3 :)

Yeah they changed the choice from "Did you shoot Mike?" To "Did you ask to leave with them?"

• At the rest stop when Kenny and Jane are fighting. at the part when Kenny has Jane pressed up against the glass, Clem has options to either grab his arm or kick his knee. If you don't do either in time, Jane will knee Kenny in the groin. Ouch!

• i didnt react fast enough, so thats what happened, i could feel his pain trough the screen

Liayso posted: »

At the rest stop when Kenny and Jane are fighting. at the part when Kenny has Jane pressed up against the glass, Clem has options to either grab his arm or kick his knee. If you don't do either in time, Jane will knee Kenny in the groin. Ouch!

• I was wondering, does anyone know what happens if Clem does nothing while Jane is hurting Kenny's injured eye? If Clem doesn't get Jane away from Kenny?

• He bites her finger, she screams, and he gets the advantage. The scene continues as normal.

gerdute17 posted: »

I was wondering, does anyone know what happens if Clem does nothing while Jane is hurting Kenny's injured eye? If Clem doesn't get Jane away from Kenny?

• edited August 2014
    • After Luke dies and that scene is over, you get the 'Center Cannot Hold' achievement. This is the first stanza of the poem it comes from

*turning and turning in the widening gyre

the falcon cannot hear the falconer;
    things fall apart; the center cannot hold;
    mere anarchy is loosed upon the world.
    The blood dimmed tide is loosed,
    and everywhere the ceremony of innocence is lost.*

Shortly after Luke's death, the group begins turning on each other and their system completely breaks down. In the newest Playing Dead episode, Luke is even described as the glue that held the group together.

• If you tell Luke that he looks like crap, he'll start laughing really hard. He'll then groan in pain, telling you not to make him laugh because it hurts.

• How Luke gets shot in the leg is different depending on if you go for cover or get the baby. If you choose to go for cover, Luke will tell you to keep your head down. He'll then look out, notice the baby, and run for AJ. He'll grab him and on his way back to the wall will get shot. If you apologize for not doing it yourself, he'll basically tell you not to worry about it because it's too dangerous for her to go back out there.

• Luke will tell Clementine this episode that he studied art history and that he hopes Clementine will attend college one day like he did. He dies soon after. This is reminiscent of Lee, Omid and Walter, who were all passionate about some form of history. Both Lee and Walter (and determinately Pete if you say nothing to his question about knowing how to shoot) have offered to be her teacher as well. All of them have died either that same episode or soon after.

Basically, this is the new rule of TWD: If anybody likes history or offers to be Clementine's teacher, YOU DEAD.

• No matter what you say when Luke asks you to give the Russian a distraction, a (?) Luke Will Remember That notification will pop up. As far as I can remember, this is the last you can get from him.

• If you ask Luke how he even knows its his birthday, he'll explain that he keeps count of the days and that he was worried about not living to see another birthday.

• If you tell Luke that his friends didn't die in vain, he'll tell you that he wishes he could believe that and knows it in his bones that he could have done more to help them. He says he will have to live with it (this is similar to the previous episode when Luke tells Jane he won't be able to forget about Sarah in the trailer).

• You can actually repeat Luke's words back to him from episode two. While he's leaned up against the tree, you can tell him that 'everybody makes mistakes'. This is what Luke told her back in episode two when Clementine asks why Carver is still chasing them.

• You could actually refer to their conversation at the campfire as foreshadowing to Luke's death ("I'd come back for you...", "Thanks Clem. I'd do the same.") When the ice begins to break under his feet, Clementine can move back for him and will reach out her hand for him to grab it. Once they're both in the water, Luke will grab a walker from behind so it doesn't get to Clementine.

I MISS LUKE. And it's been like two days.

• If you helped Luke, Bonnie will talk about Luke instead of lashing out at Clementine. She'll say: "I'll tell you something about him. There's always that one bad seed... but Luke was never that person."

• You get the chance to ask for a cigarette and a drink twice (three, if you count the campfire part where Kenny demands she doesn't). If you take a drink when Jane offers and you had a drink with Nick earlier, Clem tell her that it's better than the moonshine she had with him. Bonnie will actually offer you a chance to smoke a cigarette with her if you helped Luke as opposed to Pete who refuses to give her one.

• If you ask if she can have a drink after Luke, Luke will smile and say 'Really?'. Kenny will then get angry and say that she can't.

• ElliasEllias Banned
    edited August 2014

actually, you could've. If you let kenny kill jane. there will be a option to [shoot kenny].

clem points the gun at kenny and kenny says "Do it". Clem shoots kenny in the head and he falls back. Nobody should do this.

Also arvo sympathizers? wtf is your problem? That little shit deserved to die.I wish I could've beheaded arvo.

Bokor posted: »

Just another reason for me to wish I could've shot Kenny in the head.

• Actually, that's not the last (?)Luke Will Remember That! After he tells you about how he feels terrible about the cabin group when he's resting by the tree, when Bonnie comes back and you pick "Luke Feels Bad", he'll look angrily at Clem and say, "Really? Thanks a lot." (Or something to that effect, I can't remember if Bonnie said something inbetween the really and thanks a lot.)

I'm sorry, Luke, it was my meaner Clem. But she still misses you and she's sorry, I swear. ;_;

quinnics posted: »

* After Luke dies and that scene is over, you get the 'Center Cannot Hold' achievement. This is the first stanza of the poem it comes from

• If you choose to look away when kenny kills jane, you will have the option to shoot kenny.

I'd say this is a really brutal, sad death. Since clem points the gun at kenny and just shoots him in the head, not in the stomach like the last option would've done. He just dies :( I guess this is good for kenny and jane haters.

• Oh man, that "Center cannot hold" achievement one. So fucking true.

I miss Luke too. I'll probably miss him forever.

* After Luke dies and that scene is over, you get the 'Center Cannot Hold' achievement. This is the first stanza of the poem it comes from

• One of the few good guys in TWD...

• I heard about that. I don't know if I could ever actually watch that. ;_; He rarely gets angry with her. I guess it was just one of those moments where he opened up to her and didn't want her to tell everyone how he really felt.

Cleverett posted: »

Actually, that's not the last (?)Luke Will Remember That! After he tells you about how he feels terrible about the cabin group when he's res

• I think that says a lot about Luke and Clem's relationship. He opened up to Clem, but didn't want Bonnie to know about how he felt, and he's known Bonnie longer than Clem.

Luke and Clem: Brotp for life!

I heard about that. I don't know if I could ever actually watch that. ;_; He rarely gets angry with her. I guess it was just one of those moments where he opened up to her and didn't want her to tell everyone how he really felt.

• Yeah,that was kinda...grim.I mean,she just shoots him without any kind of emotion,and Kenny says "just do it" without even giving his speech :(

Ellias posted: »

If you choose to look away when kenny kills jane, you will have the option to shoot kenny. I'd say this is a really brutal, sad death. Si

• Yeah, it hurt me a lot picking it and seeing how upset he was at Clem. Like, he always asks her how she's doing and just... cares in general but he never rats her out and he's just always supportive, and then Clem goes and blabs to the next person she sees about what he feels.

Ow.

and I made that happen please excuse me while I go sob in a corner goodbye.

I heard about that. I don't know if I could ever actually watch that. ;_; He rarely gets angry with her. I guess it was just one of those moments where he opened up to her and didn't want her to tell everyone how he really felt.

• Alt text

Omid looks like an angel

• At least for the first season, the bottle in episode 205 was a red/black rum bottle.

Itchy_Tasty posted: »

All alcohol bottles in TWD are Parsen's Whiskey. Don't believe me?

• I sympathize Arvo because Kenny was bullying him throughout the episode.

His sister just died, and what happend?

Kenny pushes him, Kenny punches him and so on..

Ellias posted: »

actually, you could've. If you let kenny kill jane. there will be a option to [shoot kenny]. clem points the gun at kenny and kenny says

• SaltLick305SaltLick305 Banned
    edited August 2014

If you choose the option "She's not easy to like" when speaking about Jane to Kenny he will respond "It looks like just another Lilly situation for me."

Amid the Lilly references.

• I doubt his sister was sick, and it's HIS fault he dragged his sister to the mini-war.

if he would've kept shut, none of that would've happened. Arvo thinks clem killed his sister even though she was undead (he was unaware) and SHOOTS her regardless if you side with arvo and protect him.

He deserved it, he wanted everybody dead, he didn't care after luke died, he put everybody in danger with his stupid actions.

I sympathize Arvo because Kenny was bullying him throughout the episode. His sister just died, and what happend? Kenny pushes him, Kenny punches him and so on..

• Well, now you can add Rum and Moonshine.

Itchy_Tasty posted: »

All alcohol bottles in TWD are Parsen's Whiskey. Don't believe me?

• While running up the hill with Clementine, you can hear Kenny laughing.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.