Telltale Wanted Us to Hate Sarah and Nick

Comments

• (?) Eddie would probably appreciate your pun.

I do as well.

TheMPerson posted: »

The sweetest victory.......Oh god....worst pun....

• edited August 2014

And..Sorry, I copy it In translator. Me bad.

Mike4Life posted: »

I agree. SARITA, CARLOS, REBECCA, NICK AND SARAH DESERVES SO FREAKING MORE. They had no right to do something good, for which they will rec

• Might I add... why were everyone else just standing there and watching? It took Jane a mere few seconds to climb back up.... it was obviously not that deep down, and they had melee weapons and could've dealt with all of those Walkers if they wanted to.

Ok so this has probably been pointed out before, but I just noticed: okay yeah the deck hits the ground before Sarah so she should land

• edited August 2014

they are just trying to save money the main writers are professionals only one guy form the first session stayed now there are new writers most are are still trying to make it as writers they don't have the experience

Ellias posted: »

Totally agree with you girl. The way they handled their death was ridiculous but I guess that's what happens when telltales hires numerous o

• It's okay, I understood what you meant.

Mike4Life posted: »

And..Sorry, I copy it In translator. Me bad.

• Let's not forget the fact that Jane magically ends up hanging from the deck.

This whole thing was shit.

Ok so this has probably been pointed out before, but I just noticed: okay yeah the deck hits the ground before Sarah so she should land

• Let's not forget the fact that Jane magically ends up hanging from the deck.

This whole thing was shit.

• I felt the same way for them and... for Luke. He became sort of a new guardian for Clemy, but in a big brother little sister way. I thought he was going to become so much more, and they even had ANOTHER TWO bonding moments in ep 5. But then he just died, as a hero I guess, but no tears were shed for him. I was expecting Clemy to be struggling to go back in the water to save him or screaming for him. Nope.
    I was soooo sad after finding out that his death was once a determinant, that it USED TO be an option to save him, but they changed it. ;__;
    But Nick's and Sarah's deaths were WORSE. UTTERLY POINTLESS AND UNEMOTIONAL AND DUMB DEATHS. And btw, did you ever hear one character mention them again after they died?? NOPE! AND NOT ONE TEAR WAS SHED FOR ANY OF THEM!!!!!
    And about Sarah, how can ANYONE HATE a character they CREATED THEMSELVES?? When I write stories, I love everyone of my characters, partly because they are a PART OF MYSELF. They all have a little bit of me inside their personalities. So them hating and enjoying her being ripped apart and eaten awake AND alive makes me think they hate themselves a tiny bit inside.
    So, FUCK those guys, R.I.P. Sarah, Nick, Luke, and all the loved ones that have fallen to Telltale Games.

Live long and prosper.

• edited August 2014

I'd do that because I couldn't let myself leave someone like that and also Glenn says it well, I'd hope people would do the same for me. It shows you can't expect people to help you if you've shown yourself to be a selfish lone wolf

OP's statements seem to be based on irrational and overly emotional way of thinking. Sarah and Nick were just like everyone else in this st

• This

CrazyGeorge posted: »

I never thought of her as burden, just a lost girl who needed a friend.

• edited August 2014

I had no problem with him till that. I was kind of irritated that people are like that towards him, but the way he casually dismisses and hates people like Sarah isn't good ;/ That and the Bonnie hate bandwagon before Ep5

Bluebirdo posted: »

Well, after watching part of the last Playing Dead, I'm sure Greg Miller wanted Sarah to suffer more... I could only get through about half of it; his attitude was so repulsive to me.

• edited August 2014

This. Tyreese hamers through a horde, Kenny gets through a horde in S1, Lee slices through a horde, but five walker killing experts can't hold back a horde with melee weapons and guns to help a kid. That and they could've held back the walkers on the stairs :o The walkers were walking on the stairs one by one, it would take one person with a melee weapon or gun to keep them from all climbing to break the decking

prink34320 posted: »

Might I add... why were everyone else just standing there and watching? It took Jane a mere few seconds to climb back up.... it was obviousl

• Fuck Sarah. Nick was alright.

• ...Rebecca cried a bit after Nick's death and Jane mentions Sarah's death. I agree with you either way but I'm just saying.

I felt the same way for them and... for Luke. He became sort of a new guardian for Clemy, but in a big brother little sister way. I though

• Luke also mentions Nick and Sarah in episode 5, but I still agree with him.

That1Guy posted: »

...Rebecca cried a bit after Nick's death and Jane mentions Sarah's death. I agree with you either way but I'm just saying.

• I also noticed that no one thought about going through the door at the bottom which the Walkers didn't seem to try and get into.

Kryik posted: »

This. Tyreese hamers through a horde, Kenny gets through a horde in S1, Lee slices through a horde, but five walker killing experts can't ho

• Pretty much true, they wanted us to hate Nick and Sarah and love Kenny.
    However it went the other way around with me.

• Oh, well I guessed I missed that. :P whoops

That1Guy posted: »

...Rebecca cried a bit after Nick's death and Jane mentions Sarah's death. I agree with you either way but I'm just saying.

• Since episodes 3 and 4 were written by different people, that makes me wonder what was the original story for Nick and Sarah? i mean, Nick Breckon had a lot of concentration on both Sarah and Nick, but in episode 3 and 4 they had just been dismissed. Hell, episode 4 only concentrated on Kenny vs Luke thing. I wonder what plans did Nick Breckon had for Nick and Sarah.

• Flagged for pedophiilia!!!

snyderman posted: »

Fuck Sarah. Nick was alright.

• I think they were both already meant to die by Episode 5 - the manner of their deaths, however, was left up to Episode 4's writer.

I'm a bit pissed that they didn't develop Nick further when he could have taken on the role that Kenny 2.0 had. And I really wound up loving Sarah's character way more than the developers apparently wanted people to - I'm not sure if I'd have let her survive the Season, but I'd definitely give her character arc a more respectable and effective send-off than, uh, getting eaten alive while her 'friends' sit there and watch.

It's predictable that Kenny 2.0 got a more honorable death than either of those two, when I cared way more about them than him.

Since episodes 3 and 4 were written by different people, that makes me wonder what was the original story for Nick and Sarah? i mean, Nick B

• By Kenny 2.0, you mean Luke?

Bokor posted: »

I think they were both already meant to die by Episode 5 - the manner of their deaths, however, was left up to Episode 4's writer. I'm a

• They wanted me to hate EVERYONE I encountered after leaving Christa. The first interaction with the group we hear the pregnant lady has been asking people to shoot her, Luke almost shoots her face off, they leave her in a shed even though they have medical treatment (what doctor cant tell a human jaw from a k9 jaw?) for her. Even after its found out you arent bit Carlos decides to talk some smack cause you cant be trusted and Rebecca says some horrible stuff too. Luke appologizes but I didnt accept it, you damn near killed someone, sorry isnt acceptable.

The only two people in the group that were nice to clem are Sarah, Nick and Lukes uncle who's name I cant remember. Luke practically leaves you and his uncle to die yet im supposed to save his life every chance I get?

I hated everyone in that group in ep1 and I wasnt about to make Clem into a weak girl who needs to please everyone. Like she says to Carver, "I have to do everything for them". A group that cant function without an 11 year old, an 11 year old the adults keep putting in danger like bonnie and mike with the water, who doesnt check before sending a kid in??

I wished there was an option when you meet Kenny to tell him everything the group did to her including Luke shooting Matthew. Walter would of lived, luke would of died, and everyone else would of been asked to leave. Carver wouldnt of taken anyone, mike and bonnie wouldnt of stolen a car, there would of been no Jane who I feel has started problems in every group shes been in not just this one. Or everyone would of known their place, Kenny is the protecter father figure, the rest of you are lucky we're letting you stay after how you all acted.

• No, Luke is Ben2

By Kenny 2.0, you mean Luke?

• edited September 2014

Luke is not Nick.

And fuck overprotective dads. Kenny's crazy, and Carlos was selfish. Mother figures are where it's at.

I honestly hope we see Christa again, because I'd have abandoned Episode 5's adults for her without a doubt.

MyGirlClem posted: »

They wanted me to hate EVERYONE I encountered after leaving Christa. The first interaction with the group we hear the pregnant lady has been

• It's a case of writer's personal bias, which ended up ruining the writing quality of Episode 4.

When one writer dislikes a character or two, decides to give them undignified and horrible deaths regardless of what choices you make, and then makes sure that their friends make no mention of the again as if they were strangers, and the whole community apparently sees nothing wrong with this? That's not professional writing, just pure immature handling of the story.

Nick and Sarah deserved better than what had been done to them in Episode 4.

I think they were both already meant to die by Episode 5 - the manner of their deaths, however, was left up to Episode 4's writer. I'm a

• Same goes for Kenny. He was a polarizing character who honestly was better off dead back in Lee's story, yet he ends up hogging the spotlight and being written as though he's Lee's successor.

The effort placed in the dignified, heroic send-offs written for him would have been better placed in serving the characters actually introduced in Episode 1. I know that Sarah deserved a dignified ending way more than Kenny did.

RichWalk23 posted: »

It's a case of writer's personal bias, which ended up ruining the writing quality of Episode 4. When one writer dislikes a character or t

• Once Season 3 comes around, there'd better not be yet another father figure archetype that overshadows a mother figure.

Mothers need some stories of their own for a change, the fathers had theirs with Bioshock Infinite, The Last of Us, The Walking Dead, and so on.

Luke is not Nick. And fuck overprotective dads. Kenny's crazy, and Carlos was selfish. Mother figures are where it's at. I honestly hope we see Christa again, because I'd have abandoned Episode 5's adults for her without a doubt.

• Nobody is anybody 2.0.

No, Luke is Ben2

• Agreed, honestly. I want to play a mother figure or at least have one of great significance in the story.

RichWalk23 posted: »

Once Season 3 comes around, there'd better not be yet another father figure archetype that overshadows a mother figure. Mothers need some

• I just wish we had the option to leave everybody but stay with Nick and Nick jr

• (Sorry for reviving this thread)

Thinking about this as a fantasy history, yeah, agree with almost everyone else, those were poor made deaths.

Realistic talking, I'm sorry to say it like this but yeah, usually people who are a liability (Nick wasn't really one, just as dumb as a door) die first. Sarah wouldn't even got that far if not for her father. I saved nick because Peter was "dead" already, and I slapped Sarah because I don't have that much patience with people who are weak in their mind. C'mon girl, it's kill or be killed. I'll bring sanity to you by force if needed. But I can't run for you (Not if I'm Clem's size).

Again, poetically speaking, you're right, but people with anxiety disorder should stop feeling 'offended' just because a character with the same problem had such a poor death. If some shit like this happen you won't have such a different ending (Not talking about who made this thread, but I've seen people saying they liked Sarah 'cuz they have same issues and felt happy to see someone like that 'alive')

• edited September 2014

Ever since...the walkers, so many people I know have died. People I love. And for stupid reasons...

I took no issue with them dying. Sara dying was depressing for me, but I love that the writers are willing to kill off good, well developed, fleshed out characters for "stupid reasons" as it grounds the game a lot bit. Even Lee died due to a random stupid walker bite just out of nowhere. It's part of why I love the series so much.

• For me as well. I loved Sarah and I don't really like Kenny. I'm glad my Nick died in episode 2 instead of his shitty episode 4 death.

Pretty much true, they wanted us to hate Nick and Sarah and love Kenny. However it went the other way around with me.

• Trying to help people isn't weakness. Also, you seem to just hate too much. I like that the group was flawed and weren't all "Oh, a little girl, how cute, let's all become her knights in shining armour" and trust took longer. Also, what can Nick do besides say sorry and watch your back? Saying sorry for almost shooting someone, no matter how stupid it was, takes guts. It really does

They wanted me to hate EVERYONE I encountered after leaving Christa. The first interaction with the group we hear the pregnant lady has been

• Nick wasn't really stupid. Clumsy ain't stupid. Also, you can't just say the same would happen to people irl as happened to Sarah, and anxiety is not weak mindedness

TrustNoOne posted: »

(Sorry for reviving this thread) Thinking about this as a fantasy history, yeah, agree with almost everyone else, those were poor made de

• To me, people who can't handle a fucking gun without shooting it are stupid. He was poiting it to a fucking girl, lol. And no, anxiety isn't weak mindedness, but I bet you understood what I said. If you can't keep cool in hard situations and always get desperate, if you're not sharp in mind (or is close to someone who is), and if you just crawl in the floor and get mentally stuck, your chances are low unless you have people willing to sacrifice themselves for you. The only way to "wake up" Sarah was by slapping her, and sometimes people really need it after being traumatized. She didn't wanted to die (She cried for help in both deaths), it doesn't mean she have what it takes to survive.

Kryik posted: »

Nick wasn't really stupid. Clumsy ain't stupid. Also, you can't just say the same would happen to people irl as happened to Sarah, and anxiety is not weak mindedness

• Did you miss the traumatizing backstory part? Nick had and got over his issues. A girl they thought to be bit or a Carver spy. Ben did worse by abandoning her on purpose, the Nick we met in S2 would never do that, that said I can see why you'd hate him if you never attempted to bond. Getting desperate in hard situations can save people, it honestly depends on the situation. I didn't say you shouldn't slap Sarah, she needed to grow up fast, but to do it out of impatience is just wrong imo. I did it with the intention to help, not because I can't keep calm around traumatized people

TrustNoOne posted: »

To me, people who can't handle a fucking gun without shooting it are stupid. He was poiting it to a fucking girl, lol. And no, anxiety isn't

• Since when did nick evolve to Luke?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.