DVD Credits

I'm just curious, what was the criteria for being listed as a forum member in the DVD credits? I've had an account for longer than some of the people in the credits and, though I'm just an occasional poster, I posted a number of comments during the season's run. I have supported Telltale financially by buying every one of their games at least three times between my two accounts, Steam, Wiiware, and retail releases. It just seems like if you were going to thank some members you should have thanked them all because though it may sound petty and stupid, I did feel excluded.

Comments

• edited July 2009
    EMAN528 wrote: »
    it may sound petty and stupid

This
  • edited July 2009
    I, like him, would like a real answer as well.
  • edited July 2009
    I dunno, guys.
  • edited July 2009
    For Sam & Max Season 2's DVD, I think it was the top 100 posters. Maybe somewhere along the lines of that?
  • edited July 2009
    Well, to get Homestar saying the cheat codes, you'd have to make a post in the "Never ending cheat code to get Homestar Runner in SBCG4AP", 3 posts of mines actually stated by Homestar. Credits, I dunno.
  • edited July 2009
    NickClick2 wrote: »
    For Sam & Max Season 2's DVD, I think it was the top 100 posters. Maybe somewhere along the lines of that?

That may well be, and I thought of that after my post. I never noticed it on the season 2 DVD, but I just checked and it appears that's probably the case.
  • edited July 2009
    It's definitely the top posters list, if the past DVDs are anything to go by. Either that, or it's just one big coincidence that in that order - but alas, I think the former is the answer.
  • edited July 2009
    You have to be an officially cloaked member of the awesomeness guild to have your name in the credits :rolleyes:

Just kidding, I think it was all the "active" forum members. Meaning anyone with over 100 posts, with the highest posters at the top.

I really have not posted much around here this year, but I was kinda honored to see my name 10th from the top (give or take). I have been around for a long time, -since the beginning for the most part- and thus I have collected a decent post count over the years. (being memorable also helped ;) )

But don't go replying to every open topic in the forum expecting to be in the next set of DVD credits... all that will do is get you chastised for spamming. But you can try expressing your opinions more often on open topics you may have passed up in the past. Back in the day, it seemed like I had an opinion on everything (and everyone)

But alas, I am not around as much these days. although it is nice to know I still have my throne. :D Speaking of which "Where's my drink!"
  • edited July 2009
    Does anyone have a list...?

Or if not, can anyone tell me if I was in there somehow?
  • edited July 2009
    yes you were

trust me i did an extensive search for my name and never found it but yours was in there DarkStar
  • edited July 2009
    *epic cheer* Ha ha! YES!... I really need to buy it...maybe my dad will buy it for me for KRISSMUS. :D
  • edited July 2009
    if you bought the season than you can buy it for the price of shipping
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2009
    Yeah it's based on post count, I think it's the top 100 posters during the time that the Strong Bad games were being released. Of course we appreciate everyone in the community, even if your name's not listed. :D
  • edited July 2009
    Well, all you poor saps are in trouble, because I'm gonna be a postin' like crazy during this next season! Unless I don't that is. It actually sounds like a lot of work :rolleyes:
  • edited July 2009
    Emily wrote: »
    Yeah it's based on post count, I think it's the top 100 posters during the time that the Strong Bad games were being released. Of course we appreciate everyone in the community, even if your name's not listed.
    For the love of God, don't let doodo! find this thread. He would kick his posts into high gear... nay, hyper drive in anticipation for the Tales of Monkey Island DVD.

PS. I found my name near the bottom of the DVD credits. Thanks, Telltale! I don't even recall posting that much when the Strong Bad episodes were first coming out. I did contribute that Comic-Con article last year, though.
  • edited July 2009
    Emily wrote: »
    Yeah it's based on post count, I think it's the top 100 posters during the time that the Strong Bad games were being released. Of course we appreciate everyone in the community, even if your name's not listed. :D

That's interesting to know. I always assumed it was people who had some form of influence on the game, whether it was to do something as major as suggesting an idea that was actually used, or something as minor as giving a little emotional support at the right time.

It probably wasn't a good thing to admit though, as others have already suggested, it will encourage spam. You may want to post a comment to confirm that deliberate spammers won't be added to future DVD credits to prevent this.
  • edited July 2009
    My suspicion is that if people deliberately create many new and irrelevant threads/posts that they will be warned by a forum mod, and if they continue to misbehave will have their forum account suspended and post count cleared.

As with all forums, the primary rule on this one is "play nice".
  • edited July 2009
    mhaley wrote: »
    He would kick his posts into high gear... nay, hyper drive in anticipation for the Tales of Monkey Island DVD.

Or Warp drive, but it wouldn't do anything. Please ignore that horrible Sam and Max reference.

Oh, but anyway, I don't get what you mean. You mean who had the highest total posts during the Strong Bad time, or who made the most posts during the Strong Bad time?
  • edited July 2009
    I feel honored just to be acknowledged as one the top 100 posters here. Thank you so much, Telltale. It really means a lot to me!
  • edited July 2009
    Yeah, same with me. I called in my entire family just to see my username float up the screen. I think that deserves a fail.
  • edited July 2009
    Damn, I really need to start posting more if I want to get into the credits. But, like Molokov(?) said, "No Spamming", or something along those lines. I just hope there's a second season so I get another chance. Also, can someone upload a snap of the "alternate" box art? Furthermore, heretoforth, I want my DVD to ship. I wanna know what the SB Pin looks like. I wanna know how to stop being such a whiny lump of dump.
    :D
  • edited July 2009
    Jagger88 wrote: »
    Damn, I really need to start posting more if I want to get into the credits. But, like Molokov(?) said, "No Spamming", or something along those lines. I just hope there's a second season so I get another chance. Also, can someone upload a snap of the "alternate" box art? Furthermore, heretoforth, I want my DVD to ship. I wanna know what the SB Pin looks like. I wanna know how to stop being such a whiny lump of dump.
    :D

The pin is just Strong Bad's face in circular form. I don't know if uploading the alternate cover art is allowed by Telltale.
  • edited July 2009
    Ooze33 wrote: »
    The pin is just Strong Bad's face in circular form. I don't know if uploading the alternate cover art is allowed by Telltale.

The homestar wiki already did that on the sbcg4ap dvd page, sorry no link.
  • edited July 2009
    Jagger88 wrote: »
    Also, can someone upload a snap of the "alternate" box art?

The front of the alt. boxart is here. ;)
  • edited July 2009
    Oh, I didn't even know they did that. I suppose I'm on there, then.
  • edited July 2009
    NickClick2 wrote: »
    The front of the alt. boxart is here. ;)

Yeah, but I want to see the back aswell...:D
  • edited July 2009
    Wait, what? Where is this on the DVD? I posted a lot when the game was about to be released but once it was out I kind of stopped...
  • edited July 2009
    It's the "C" in SBCG4AP - it's an easter egg
  • edited July 2009
    Out of random curiosity, was I on there?
  • edited July 2009
    Out of random curiosity, was I on there?

Yes you were.

Oh, and here's what the button looks like:

picture.php?albumid=44&pictureid=1722

Neat, no?
  • edited July 2009
    Hey, can't you get that pin off of the homestar store.
  • edited July 2009
    I hate to continue a reoccurring theme here, but...
    I'm going to anyway. ;)
    My curious mind begs to know if I was on the credits list.
  • edited July 2009
    Yes you were.

*ahem*
    HELL YEAH
  • edited July 2009
    Rather than everyone asking one by one if they are in the credits, if someone has a link to a list of who is in the credits, post it here. If there isn't one, screen-shots of the list would do the job fine.
  • edited July 2009
    Yeah! Even though I most probably was NOT on the list, I read on the wiki that Homestar looks at a name and says "Ooh! That guy wants me to get my own game!" or something, which is something I suggested, and even though I know I'm probably not on there, my curiosity has piqued. Piqued. What a weird word. Even weirder is how I know of it. Anyway, I really want to read a list of all the users on the credits so I can stop pretending that I'm maybe on there.
  • edited July 2009
    Here is a COMPLETE list of everyone in the DVD Credits!!

Guybrush Threepwood
    ShaggE
    someguyfromazoo
    Zeek
    splash1
    xChri5x
    Hero1
    jp-30
    wisp
    TrogLlama
    LuigiHann
    Dangerzone
    Mel
    patters
    Haggis
    Maratanos
    jmm
    Badwolf
    Udvarnoky
    Rather Dashing
    Harald B
    Harley Quinn
    Derwin
    doom saber
    Kedri
    numble
    Kaldire
    Molokov
    16_BIT_MARIO1
    Strongsadioware
    taumel
    Dr. Zoidberg
    Laserschwert
    Pvt._Public
    Alucard
    tobar
    Holyxion
    Zootch
    Dedlok
    artwking
    Zachspyfox033
    Cyberlink420
    Shambling Corporate Poster
    Erwin
    Ashton
    MaxFan
    marsan
    TomSuperman
    Reverend Ted
    poohead900
    Mysterysheep
    Darkblade07
    Gman5852
    Guybrush_Threepwood
    Murray the Chao
    Armakuni
    Ben Again
    purple_mankfish
    Tandy 400
    yoshimickster
    gibdondoo
    metalkombat
    dg10050
    BadStrong
    Quuux
    natlinxz
    Sir Lemming
    fajerkaos
    InvaderJim42
    GaryCXJk
    nathew
    AllenB
    vyperspit
    StrongBadFan
    StinkomanFan
    deadlinejon
    jannar85
    InfamousDS
    Strong Max
    the_napoleon
    Guy in a Box
    Squinky
    Christovsky
    Strong Matt
    Linque
    fhqwhgads
    Silly Bob
    weeblerjake
    Bigger J
    Kitmit13
    Yohmi
    Compy 386
    YoshiAngemon
    Anvilania
    ig0rpwnwEd
    Maxilyah
    Freeland Poster
    mish
    Gresman
    apignarb
    RobD
    flipperthepriest
    abdallah
    Botap
    Juhsayngul
    Iron Curtain
    ladognome
    matan
    fco.
    The Burninator
    Yellowtail
    Rasher
    JK1985
    Shwoo
    Steve2000
    delimew
    Snicklin
    Trixie
    RabidZombie
    mre
    stronggamer
    MeaningOfLife
    Bruno83
    biscuitdoughhandsman
    Ray-The-Sun
    DesignerGreg
    MrSneeze
    Plan3
    Breakman
    Diduz
    DoubtedEdwardo
    MisterFlibble
    yogurtmano8675309
    glenfx
    sp0tted
    shmeh
    The Tire
    Legolas 813
    Lachlon_is
    Dilers99
    Ooze33
    Teeth
    RMJ1984
    Dash383535
    Bobeo
    mhaley
    ezzetabi
    Darkstar Runner
    Klemmins

Now I know there are a few errors with spacing in there, but everyone should be able to find their name if they're in the credits.
  • edited July 2009
    Ooze33 wrote: »
    here is a complete list of everyone on the dvd credits!!

guybrush threepwood
    shagge
    someguyfromazoo
    zeek
    splash1
    xchri5x
    hero1
    jp-30
    wisp
    trogllama
    luigihann
    dangerzone
    mel
    patters
    haggis
    maratanos
    jmm
    badwolf
    udvarnoky
    rather dashing
    harald b
    harley quinn
    derwin
    doom saber
    kedri
    numble
    kaldire
    molokov
    16_bit_mario1
    strongsadioware
    taumel
    dr. Zoidberg
    laserschwert
    pvt._public
    alucard
    tobar
    holyxion
    zootch
    dedlok
    artwking
    zachspyfox033
    cyberlink420
    shambling corporate poster
    erwin
    ashton
    maxfan
    marsan
    tomsuperman
    reverend ted
    poohead900
    mysterysheep
    darkblade07
    gman5852
    guybrush_threepwood
    murray the chao
    armakuni
    ben again
    purple_mankfish
    tandy 400
    yoshimickster
    gibdondoo
    metalkombat
    dg10050
    badstrong
    quuux
    natlinxz
    sir lemming
    fajerkaos
    invaderjim42
    garycxjk
    nathew
    allenb
    vyperspit
    strongbadfan
    stinkomanfan
    deadlinejon
    jannar85
    infamousds
    strong max
    the_napoleon
    guy in a box
    squinky
    christovsky
    strong matt
    linque
    fhqwhgads
    silly bob
    weeblerjake
    bigger j
    kitmit13
    yohmi
    compy 386
    yoshiangemon
    anvilania
    ig0rpwnwed
    maxilyah
    freeland poster
    mish
    gresman
    apignarb
    robd
    flipperthepriest
    abdallah
    botap
    juhsayngul
    iron curtain
    ladognome
    matan
    fco.
    The burninator
    yellowtail
    rasher
    jk1985
    shwoo
    steve2000
    delimew
    snicklin
    trixie
    rabidzombie
    mre
    stronggamer
    meaningoflife
    bruno83
    biscuitdoughhandsman
    ray-the-sun
    designergreg
    mrsneeze
    plan3
    breakman
    diduz
    doubtededwardo
    misterflibble
    yogurtmano8675309
    glenfx
    sp0tted
    shmeh
    the tire
    legolas 813
    lachlon_is
    dilers99
    ooze33
    teeth
    rmj1984
    dash383535
    bobeo
    mhaley
    ezzetabi
    darkstar runner
    klemmins

now i know there are a few errors with spacing in there, but everyone should be able to find their name if they're in the credits.

OH YEAH I'M IN IT
    Also, if it goes top to bottom as if 1st to 100th then I'm the 53rd top poster during the sbcg4ap era here. sweet. Now if only my dvd could ship so I could see it in person.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2009
    I believe it was the top 100 posters at the time of the season finale (minus a few folks who were banned or were employees :) )
  • edited July 2009
    Second to last, BABEH! Better than being in the middle, cause everyone skips the middle ones and always looks at the first and last...Same thing happened to me ina Poetry book...

LAST PERSON ENTERED. Heck yeah.
  • edited July 2009
    I repeat:
    HELL YEAH

Let's see if I can coax myself to buy it.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.