Details that people might forget, don't notice or just don't know about, The Wolf Among Us

dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator
edited October 2017 in The Wolf Among Us

So you can miss a lot of information about the characters or the case in TWAU.

What's something you noticed that people may have missed, forgotten or overlooked?

It could be what someone says, an object in a room, or something else.

Comments

• Judging by certain comments on this forum one thing a select few seem to have missed is just how brilliant this game is.

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

That's a bit harsh.

TWD_1992 posted: »

Judging by certain comments on this forum one thing a select few seem to have missed is just how brilliant this game is.

• I don't mean to be harsh but there are people that don't seem satisfied with this game. I meant it as a joke to be honest. I respect opinions. That's the point of forums so people can chat and get their opinion across.

dojo32161 posted: »

That's a bit harsh.

Well here's a detail people might not notice. If you smash Jersey with the anvil, he gives a little squirt of blood when Bigby takes it off, as opposed to when you smash Jersey with the statue, where nothing else happens.

It's OK

TWD_1992 posted: »

I don't mean to be harsh but there are people that don't seem satisfied with this game. I meant it as a joke to be honest. I respect opinions. That's the point of forums so people can chat and get their opinion across.

edited July 2017

When you go to Dee and Dum's office you'll actually see something that Toad says to you in the first episode. Pause the video at 9:20

• Holy shit, nice one!

When you go to Dee and Dum's office you'll actually see something that Toad says to you in the first episode. Pause the video at 9:20

Thanks.

Holy shit, nice one!

• at 9:20 bigby sees a can with snow's hair in it. What does that have to do with the toad?

edited June 2014

It's what's over his shoulder, it says "Gobshite".

Faye_Kane posted: »

at 9:20 bigby sees a can with snow's hair in it. What does that have to do with the toad?

• Since the game has been over for a few months, I decided to bump it in case anyone has any knowledge.

• There is a hanged guy in the backround of the buisusness office.

• edited September 2014

In Lawrence's apartment, the episode of "Midtown Cowboys" from Sam & Max is playing on the Tv. Also, the song that is playing at the trip trap is from poker night at the inventory, which also comes from Sam & Max(the office theme).

Granted, this is a reference, and I'm not really sure if it counts.

• Nerissa during Episode Four smokes a pack of cigarettes named 'Shorette'. This refers to one of Telltale Games' actual writers named Pierre Shorette.

The cigarettes also appear in Episode Two as part of a cigarette machine you can purchase packs of cigarettes from.

• A.k.a. the Forsworn Knight.

blueneon posted: »

There is a hanged guy in the backround of the buisusness office.

• Not familiar with him...

A.k.a. the Forsworn Knight.

• he's in the comics

Not familiar with him...

• When he gets drunk (at least from what I've read, I'm only on volume 2) he tells prophecies.

Not familiar with him...

• I wish the comics were published here as well.. Godamnit!!! >:\

he's in the comics

• That is an intresting for him to be working... Not going to judge.

When he gets drunk (at least from what I've read, I'm only on volume 2) he tells prophecies.

• edited September 2014

eats popcorn
    And then?

he says like this weird riddle that tells bigby and blue boy what is going to happen at the farm

• he says like this weird riddle that tells bigby and blue boy what is going to happen at the farm

When he gets drunk (at least from what I've read, I'm only on volume 2) he tells prophecies.

• "There shall be unto them a great upheaval in the land. The children of the North shall maketh to smite the children of the South" Bigby assumes it's a prediction about the civil war.

he says like this weird riddle that tells bigby and blue boy what is going to happen at the farm

• Nice...

"There shall be unto them a great upheaval in the land. The children of the North shall maketh to smite the children of the South" Bigby assumes it's a prediction about the civil war.

• Tiny Tim is in every single episode, but his only speaking role is in episode 4.

• edited September 2014

Where is he in episode 2?

Tiny Tim is in every single episode, but his only speaking role is in episode 4.

• Adam Harrington plays Bigby and The Woodsman.

Gavin Hammon plays Beast, the Magic Mirror and both of the Tweedles.

Melissa Hutchinson plays Beauty and TJ.

Chuck Kourouklis plays Toad and Bufkin.

Julian Kwansneski plays two minor characters, a random cabbie and the caller on Beauty and Beast's answering machine.

edited December 2014

The only time Cryer doesn't drive the cab.

Alt text

Pipas posted: »

Where is he in episode 2?

• Ohh, nice, never noticed him. :)

The only time Cryer doesn't drive the cab.

• I don't know if this really applies but there are a lot of subtle hints to the comics. If you look outside Holly and Gren's bar I believe you see the "Glass Slipper", the shop Cinderella owns in the comics (as her cover she is really a spy for Fabletown). Plus, if you go the Lucky Pawn first in ep.4 and look around the shop, there is something of Briar Rose's in there (Sleeping Beauty), and Bigby says something like "I wonder where Briar Rose has gotten herself into". I also heard that if you look in Crane's desk there is a reference about Boy Blue in there but I am not sure what.

• These are the references to blue

Alt text

Alt text

I don't know if this really applies but there are a lot of subtle hints to the comics. If you look outside Holly and Gren's bar I believe yo

1. In episode 3 it's possible for snow to be shot in the neck (you have to fail a qte if I remember correctly). She will just wear a bandage then.
    2. If you go to Lawrence first in episode 1 and lie to him, he will threaten Dee/Dum with a gun instead of trying to kill himself.
    3. You remember the moment in episode 5 when Crooked Man was pointing a gun at Bigby? If you don't take it from him, his actions will be different depending on your decisions. If you told him you will kill him, he will shoot Bigby with a silver bullet. But if you told him he will get a trial, he will say "fine" and drop it. It shows us that Crooked Man doesn't really want to kill sheriff.
  • Wait Snow can get injured!!!? Wow I would've never found that one, good find!

GF1115 posted: »

* In episode 3 it's possible for snow to be shot in the neck (you have to fail a qte if I remember correctly). She will just wear a bandage

• I notcied this one in Episode 5 before you take the Crooked Man to his trial (or not): When he is speaking to you before you decide to take him to the trial or kill him there and then he will say "You know I'm actually looking forward to seeing Miss White again, my previous interactions with her have gone rather well"
    He specifically states interactionS, meaning that the two have met each other before and more than once, why wasn't this brought up again I wonder?...

• Alt text

HazzatheMan posted: »

Wait Snow can get injured!!!? Wow I would've never found that one, good find!

• In Episode 1, I think you can see Banang in Bigby's apartment.

I would've also pointed out the Poker Night 1 rendition of the Sam and Max office theme in the Trip Trap Bar, but Shubbalubbadingdong already beat me to the punch.

• Alt text

You mean this Banang, right?

In Episode 1, I think you can see Banang in Bigby's apartment. I would've also pointed out the Poker Night 1 rendition of the Sam and Max office theme in the Trip Trap Bar, but Shubbalubbadingdong already beat me to the punch.

• Oh, here's one that I didn't see in this thread.

Also seen in Episode 1 at Bigby's Apartment is a Case File referencing a Sam and Max character. You can't directly interact with it, but you see it when the camera zooms in as you click on Bluebeard's case file on the desk.

In Episode 1, I think you can see Banang in Bigby's apartment. I would've also pointed out the Poker Night 1 rendition of the Sam and Max office theme in the Trip Trap Bar, but Shubbalubbadingdong already beat me to the punch.

• I think that's it!

I was a bit disappointed that they did not also sneak in a Banang in the Drink Refrigerator at The Cut Above in Episode 4.

You mean this Banang, right?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.