The Most Dialog Heavy Game Ever

edited August 2009 in Bone
Well that I've ever played. I remember reading a quote from Dave Grossman saying that EMI had too much dialog. I thought to myself, "Nah - an adventure game can't have too much dialog!" Wrong. This is insanely tedious.

Ironically it has better graphics than Sam and Max Season One, but insanely simple puzzles that I occasionally find solutions before I find the problems - and in a bad way. There are also weird spatial puzzles like loading the cow and cleaning the floor.

I'm at the part where you switch people and I'm just finding it tedious. I just dislike being misled to think the main character was the cool "I want beer" guy when you have to play as the other two guys later instead.

I love Telltale Games and have bought all their games, even CSI. I loved Sam and Max Season 1/2 as well as TOMI episode one, but I'm finding Bone Episode One extremely tedious. It feels like they tried too hard to stick to the story. I'm not sorry I bought it as I'm happy to own it but I like the poker game a lot better than this so far.

Does it get any better?

EDIT: Apparently I've managed to play the wrong one first because it was the first listed on the purchase page with no real clear...eek. >_<

Comments

• edited July 2009
    PariahKing wrote: »
    Does it get any better?
    IYou have to be kind of joking right?
    I think The great Cow-Race is one of the best games from telltale....
  • edited July 2009
    Nope not joking. The thread is pretty knee-jerk though because I was really irritated with the game's dialog heavy nature. To give some perspective I've greatly enjoyed Sam and Max, Tales, and the first episode of Strong Bad so far but was unhappy with Bone.
  • BasBas
    edited July 2009
    Can't say I found it too dialog-heavy. Secret Files 2, now that game has way too much dialog.
  • edited July 2009
    Well, there are adventures with less but also with more text around. I enjoyed the dialogues as they were interesting to read. Broken Sword 1 was very strong in this aspect.
  • edited July 2009
    The one adventure game I've stopped playing because of way too much dialogue is 'the longest journey'. I found myself speed-reading the subtitles and skipping the voice acting because it takes forever! Eventually just stopped playing.
  • edited July 2009
    To each their own, Pariah King. In my opinion, The Great Cow Race is the most under-appreciated game to ever come from Telltale.

But I think the biggest reason why the Bone games are possibly very talkative is that they were adaptations of a very talkative, epic graphic novel.
  • edited July 2009
    Yeah, the adaption from graphic novel is what I figured as well. To each their own indeed.
  • edited July 2009
    hmmm...
  • edited August 2009
    By the way, PK, I absolutely adore your avatar.
  • edited August 2009
    i bought the Bone games because i love Bone and i thought they were great. the only gripe i have is the voice acting. now i can't read the Bone comic book without hearing those voices come out of those character's mouths. grr.:mad:
  • I didn't really read through longest journey myself

sol_hsa posted: »

The one adventure game I've stopped playing because of way too much dialogue is 'the longest journey'. I found myself speed-reading the subtitles and skipping the voice acting because it takes forever! Eventually just stopped playing.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.