The Bogey Man when?

edited July 2009 in Wallace & Gromit
I was wondering if anyboy knows anything about the final episode The Bogey Man and its release date.

Comments

• edited July 2009
    I'm guesstimating a late July release, after the hype and discussion of the first Monkey Island episode has cooled slightly.
  • edited July 2009
    I'm a bit sad about Monkey Island shadowing Wallace & Gromit but, hey, in the bright side it's amazing that TellTale is making such good games in pairs!
  • edited July 2009
    I'm guesstimating a late July release, after the hype and discussion of the first Monkey Island episode has cooled slightly.

Monkey Island Hype has cooled down,? the real hype won't start untill the 2nd episode of monkey island. not everyone knows that monkey island is being produced. besides all that, ill say 2 weeks.
  • edited July 2009
    I'm going to go ahead and guess sometime around the middle of the month. Monkey Island shouldn't mess with Wallace and Gromit's release.
  • edited July 2009
    my bet is July 21st, right between the two ToMI episodes.
  • edited July 2009
    If the episode is as good as Muzzled I am really willing to wait for it a bit longer then usual.
  • edited July 2009
    Yeah I'd actually prefer a later release simply so it gets its fair time in the sun.
  • edited July 2009
    Hopefully it gets more press upon release than the last episode which wasnt even featured on the main page when on its release day (or should I say, was featured in a small square towards the bottom but far overshadowed by the TMI preorder ad).
  • edited July 2009
    Steam is now listing episode 4 under their "New releases" section, so perhaps it's due imminently?
  • edited July 2009
    Steam still has it in the "new releases" section. Can anyone who bought it on Steam confirm that it's not really available on Steam?
  • edited July 2009
    Shmeh wrote: »
    Steam still has it in the "new releases" section. Can anyone who bought it on Steam confirm that it's not really available on Steam?

It isn't, it's only listed as such on their website.
  • edited July 2009
    They corrected that, and moved it back to "Coming Soon".
  • edited July 2009
    der_ketzer wrote: »
    If the episode is as good as Muzzled I am really willing to wait for it a bit longer then usual.

My tought exactly. It was an amazing episode.
    I'm really enjoying myself more when we visit some new locations during episodes.
  • edited July 2009
    My fear is that it will suffer in development as MI sucks up most resources and time.
  • edited July 2009
    PariahKing wrote: »
    My fear is that it will suffer in development as MI sucks up most resources and time.

Well that fear shouldn't exist, they were working on Monkey Island at the same time through the whole series so far. You really think they only started on MI when the announcement came? I'm confused why there is concern.
  • edited July 2009
    jweir wrote: »
    Well that fear shouldn't exist, they were working on Monkey Island at the same time through the whole series so far. You really think they only started on MI when the announcement came? I'm confused why there is concern.
    I suppose development is not the best term. More like less bug testing and last minute working they do on all their episodes.
  • edited July 2009
    jared25 wrote: »
    Monkey Island Hype has cooled down,? the real hype won't start untill the 2nd episode of monkey island. not everyone knows that monkey island is being produced. besides all that, ill say 2 weeks.

The Monkey Island season package has been the top selling game on Steam every time I've checked since it was released, so somebody knows about it!
  • edited July 2009
    Fooey wrote: »
    The Monkey Island season package has been the top selling game on Steam every time I've checked since it was released, so somebody knows about it!

Its also one of the least expensive NEW release games. Its also on there site as a complete pack. Yea ha ha a complete pack of five 3 hour games. :D
  • edited July 2009
    That you only get one of a month, BUT STILL, totally and completely complete.
  • edited July 2009
    jweir wrote:

Also, I'm pretty certain Telltale have different teams working on each project. That's what happened with CSI and SBCG4AP IIRC.
  • edited July 2009
    I can't wait for the next episode... but it has gone really quiet...
  • edited July 2009
    At this point I'm guessing end of the month. 28th, probably.
  • edited July 2009
    At this point I'm guessing end of the month. 28th, probably.

I second that. And it feels kind of bi-monthly, now.
  • edited July 2009
    Well, if they moved to 4 episodes from 6 and didn't spend more time on each episode it would be something of a ripoff wouldn't it?
  • edited July 2009
    The games are so reasonably priced that I don't think you can consider them a ripoff, even with one less episode in the season.
  • edited July 2009
    Rubarack wrote: »
    Well, if they moved to 4 episodes from 6 and didn't spend more time on each episode it would be something of a ripoff wouldn't it?

I don't think there ever was 6 episodes. Just an error over at steam. And I think the games (that is, what counts in the end) are too well made to feel like a ripoff.
  • edited July 2009
    I hope it's out soon, I just finished Muzzled and I've got nothing left to play until chapter 2 of Tales of Monkey Island comes out.
  • edited July 2009
    Megaloman wrote: »
    I don't think there ever was 6 episodes. Just an error over at steam. And I think the games (that is, what counts in the end) are too well made to feel like a ripoff.
    I think he is reffering to Sam & Max season 1 which was 6 episodes followed by season 2 of 5 episodes and now Wallace and Gromit with four. At least Monkey Island shows it's not a continuing trend.
  • edited July 2009
    Aciesethon wrote: »
    I think he is reffering to Sam & Max season 1 which was 6 episodes followed by season 2 of 5 episodes and now Wallace and Gromit with four. At least Monkey Island shows it's not a continuing trend.

Aha, I see. Well, it took me less time to finish the first S&M episodes than those in the second season, which felt much longer. Four episodes is maybe a bit short for a season now that I think about it, but I love the series so far.
  • edited July 2009
    Megaloman wrote: »

So do I, but I think this is largely because they are spending more time on each episode.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.