Out from Boneville

edited July 2009 in Bone
I finally got the time to finish the DVD of Out From Boneville I got from you guys at PAX. Great game! I can't wait to move on to the second!

Comments

• EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited September 2007
    Glad you liked it. Cow Race is even better. :D
  • JonJon Former Telltale Staff
    edited September 2007
    awesome!! i'm especially glad you liked it,,,
  • edited September 2007
    Jon wrote: »
    awesome!! i'm especially glad you liked it,,,
    I'm afraid I'm not the best with names, but were you the one arguing with Jake in a Poster Print vs. Bone debate?

And Emily, I'll definately pick up The Great Cow Race! It's just a matter of when...Next PAX, at the latest.:)
  • edited September 2007
    No, that would be Jon Sgro, our technical director :)
  • JonJon Former Telltale Staff
    edited September 2007
    huh? that is me,
  • edited September 2007
    Oh, well then.
  • edited October 2007
    Both games were fun enough but neither left a satisfied feeling at the end whats with the intro in the first game with the dragon. how many more sequals should i expect to finish the story? or is there a comic that has the stories ending in it. Just tell me what to read so i can complete this bone story?
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited October 2007
    There are nine bone books, and we've done episodes based on the first two. If you start reading the Bone books with Eyes of the Storm, you'll be starting right about where the episodes leave off.
  • edited October 2007
    Wtf
  • edited July 2009
    Just played the first Bone game. It was a charming story, though not too much of a game to be honest - it felt more like a demo.

I was quite amazed how few puzzles there were compared to the amount of locations, and how limited in geography these puzzles were. Clearly TTG has come a long way in terms of developing the episodic format.

I must say I really enjoyed the graphical style, but would have liked to have had a bit more substance to the game. Still, will try out TGCR at some point. It would be nice to see what kind of Bone game TTG would make these days, but I guess it won't be high priority for the company at this point.
  • edited July 2009
    Just played the first Bone game. It was a charming story, though not too much of a game to be honest - it felt more like a demo.

I was quite amazed how few puzzles there were compared to the amount of locations, and how limited in geography these puzzles were. Clearly TTG has come a long way in terms of developing the episodic format.

I must say I really enjoyed the graphical style, but would have liked to have had a bit more substance to the game. Still, will try out TGCR at some point. It would be nice to see what kind of Bone game TTG would make these days, but I guess it won't be high priority for the company at this point.

I fully agree, but I can assure you that "The Great Cow Race" feels much more like their newer games: Longer gameplay, more puzzles and locations, and none of these mini-action-games. - If I had not bought the bundle, I probably would not have bought the second episode as I was quite disappointed about the first one. But I am glad I did, since TGCR is much better. (And this is why I really want them to continue the story.)
  • edited July 2009
    I fully agree, but I can assure you that "The Great Cow Race" feels much more like their newer games: Longer gameplay, more puzzles and locations, and none of these mini-action-games. - If I had not bought the bundle, I probably would not have bought the second episode as I was quite disappointed about the first one. But I am glad I did, since TGCR is much better. (And this is why I really want them to continue the story.)

Actually, I expected as much - as I said, the first game felt a bit like a demo, like trying out and showing off what they could do with the engine. I would have fully expected to them focus more on the story and puzzles once that was sorted out. I'm looking forward to trying TGCR, but not sure when I'll do it; with no new Bone games in the pipeline, I guess there isn't much of a rush.
  • edited July 2009
    I was quite disappointed about the first one.

Wait until my big brother hears about that...
Sign in to comment in this discussion.