Start a Story, be your own Fable. (Create a Fable Thread)

Comments

• Those images! GAH! BloodyPorgie People are going to get a kick out of calling THIS name! XD That last one. ;D

I loved this chapter! That part with Jersey and the kids! XD They are trouble makers already like daddy and mommy. I loved this so much! That entire scene with junior; I pictured this bloody mess with Mary. The feels, pie...she is free. The one thing Mary wanted.

Junior took her spot, JUST so she can have the 'normal' life she's wanted for years. #BloodyPorgie God I love these two!!

pudding_pie posted: »

Chapter 27 "Bloody Porgie" A couple of sketches drawn last night. (Insomnia BAD!) So, I drew up the new Legend of Fabletown. '

• Draco's turning rapid lol.

Nice to see you back and writing up again. Omnimaxx is my favorite so far; I love the trouble makers, if no one has caught on to that yet! X

• yeah, probably. I don't go on very often, but it is what it is.

You have live, nice! Lemme know if you're still interested in talking on there.

• Oh wow...hello! That's right! I get him and Etan confused. (Don't ask me how, its the thing this week for me.) XD

MasterStone posted: »

Draco's turning rapid lol.

• Snow stood at the gate, rain beating down on her armor as she waited.

Waited for what?

It was Bigby. He was coming.

"I'm ready," She whispered, to no one in particular.

The courtyard was empty. She felt the eyes of thousands on her back, watching through their little windows that scaled the entire length of the brick casted castle behind her.

She could feel him coming.

She blinks.

He is there.

Bigby tackles his wife in an uncontrollable rage.

"Snow!! Should have- Stay - Away!!!" He struggles to get out. He's fighting it. He's fighting himself.

Snow squeezes out from under him, yielding her sword at him. She knows deep down she might not survive this. He lunges and and she braces the impact, but when it doesn't happen, her eyes flutter open. He's restraining himself with every single fiber of his being.

"Snow- Go- Away!" He panters. His face is becoming red from trying to simply speak.

"I can't, Bigby!" Snow yells. The rain is pouring down, soaking the metal plating of Snow's armor, as well as her dark black hair.

"Killed- Them!!" He growls.

"I know you did! And I'm here Bigby! You have to tell me who's doing this to you!"

"Can't!!"

He swings his arm in a robotic manner, as if every fiber of his being was being controlled like a puppet. His claws slash Snow's face, leaving a thin blood trail. She was lucky he was able to restrain himself enough to stop at that. She poises her sword, gripping it tightly.

She may just have to murder him today.

Meanwhile...

I dart down the halls, up the stairs. It'd be too slow to get there by elevator with all the Fables trekking indoors from the weather.

And, from the battle. I see some huddled against hallway windows that face the courtyard. Their curious glances as they walk by. Who will win? Who will die?

All the more reason for this confrontation.

"Where are you going, Miss Harmony?" I hear Cole say as I zip past him. I didn't answer, just ran.

Then I got to the room at the top of the building. Whoever hasn't suspected her may as well be a moron.

Then again, Totenkinder said herself that I'm one of the most powerful witches she'd ever seen.

I hope she wasn't just trying to flatter me.

My foot kicks the giant doors open and there she is, her thrown suspended in air, as she hunches over a little table, one that over sees the one and only. Bigby.

"I knew it was you," I say in a calmer way that I ought to.

"What? Who's-" She turns. The evil aura surrounding her is practically visible to the naked eye, as she descends the steps toward me.

A sword appears in my hand, one made of the toughest metals and with the most magical spells. I'm ready for this battle.

"Are you? No...." She laughs menacingly. "You're going to fight me? Well, it took you damn witches long enough to figure out my little secret..." She lashes a bolt of lightning in my direction. I dodge it by mere millimeters and dash toward her, using the skills I'd practices for months.

Finally, I get to use them.

Bigby had thrown another couple of punches, but Snow was light on her feet. Her sword had given him a few good slashes, but nothing was preventing him from coming back for more.

"Stop it, Bigby!" She yells. The rain is making it hard to focus, hard to keep a grip. He knocks her sword out of her hand and then she decides that this is the end. This is where he tears her face off.

But then Totenkinder appears.

"Bellflower?" Snow says in astonishment.

"Best to just call me Frau. I've put up a shield around him, but it will only last a few minutes. We need to figure something out."

"We need to kill him," Snow couldn't believe she had uttered those words. She tried for so long to endure a life without the man she loved. Her body was one hundred percent against the act of making him die once more.

"We do what we must," Frau Totenkinder said.

Another swing at her. She has missed every blow I throw, but I in turn have missed every one she threw.

"What are you even trying for? Nobody but the gods can defeat someone like me! I'm Mrs. Dark!" Another bolt of electricity rained down, this time zapping me indirectly. My sword spins across the room. Time for plan B.

I turn to a zephyr.

"Wait- Where did you go?" She says. "No matter. I'll find you soon enough, and then without that sword, you're nothing!"

"Oh, that's what you think," I say. "The sword was merely the first part of my plan. There's more to me than meets the eye."

"Clearly," She says.

I go up, up, up, into the cathedral ceilings. She's directly below me as she frantically shoots whatever dark magic she can conjure.

"Now where are you..." She starts to move from her place, looking around for the slightest of movements. I follow close behind.

"Tell me!" I say.

She whips around and shoots more magic, but I've already moved. "Tell you what?"

"Tell me why you're doing this!" I say. In reality, I'm letting my powers build up for the ultimate attack.

She lets out another evil laugh, sending more sparks nearby,"You want to know? The whole reason for this is before your time, wolfling."

"I want to know why you're using my family to do all these things! What have they done?" Again, I move.

"What have they done? What have they DONE?" She's getting angry. Anger creates recklessness. I can sense that she's not fully in control of her powers. She only recently became the new 'Mister Dark', so she should be able to take down easily.

"For years! Hundreds of years, nobody liked me. Nobody was nice to me! NOT. ONE. PERSON." She throws more magic, closer to me than I was comfortable. I go back up some.

"And I was tortured at the fact that your- your grandmother, was the fairest in all the land. Why couldn't it be me? I had to be old and fat and ugly! You've got babies downstairs, am I right? Looks like they should have a nice visit with Grandpa Bigby..." More magic. An ungodly cackle rises from her voice as my heart drops down to the floor in my invisible chest.

"NO!" I say. I need to take my chance soon, or there will be nothing left for me to live for.

As soon as the shield wears off, Bigby's body jerks past Snow and Frau. The two stand bewildered as she starts climbing the towering building behind them.

"Oh my god. The babies." Is all Snow can utter. She runs after him.

"And what about you, child? What makes you think you can defeat the god of darkness?"

Now my turn to laugh. "You don't know, do you?" I say.

"Don't know what? That your just a child, an amateur?" She tosses more magic my way. She's listening for my response, to figure out where I am. I can see where Bigby is through the spell Mrs. Dark has been maintaining over at the table. He's climbing the wall, fast. I need to be fast.

"I come from a line of Gods. The North. Fucking. Wind. My great grandfather, the one who defeated your counterpart, was the first. Then, my mother. Bigby? He's the god of wolves. My father is Prince Charming, one of the most popular Fables known to man. Snow White is in my bloodstream. If she can't loose, than I certainly can't. The fact of the matter is, you won't see this one coming."

I appear human again, directly behind Mrs. Dark. My sword, now bewitched with one of the most powerful death spells I know, pierces her heart.

"AGHGHHGHG! WHAT HAVE YOU-" Her body slumps over.

Dead.

Failing the ability to fly, Snow takes to the inside of the building. Deep down inside, she know she won't make it in time to stop him. But the littlest bit of hope remains, maybe she could at least try.

The apartment door is busted open, as well as the window at the end of the hall. He's already there. She takes her sword out, fighting the tears that are to ensue. She wants to die, if these are the bodies on her hands.

He's just stood there. His shoulders are slumped as he just stares at the infants, each one swaddled and resting in their beds.

"B-b..." She stutters.

He turns. His face is an arrangement of scars, as if what he'd gone through had put them there permanently. He sees Snow, and tears escape his eyes.

The Big Bad Wolf doesn't cry.

Not until today.

"Snow.." He says. Before he can react, she's in his arms.

I rushed downstairs. With the tiniest bit of hope I consumed, I hoped that I killed her just in time to save them.

And there he stands. He has Snow in his arms as she cried out loud into his chest. His eyes are damp.

"I l-love you...s-so much..." She says, muffled into him. I stand there, wordless.

It's all over now.

We are a family.

Soooooooooo.....I had decided to write my piece on how I think things should go, not saying that Willingham will be as merciful as I. I hope you liked it, and I hope I didn't spoil too much. I'll just say that Mrs. Dark (Actually, it might be Ms. in the comics, but Mrs. seems less confusing.) is a real character introduced by Willingham, although I won't say her previous aliases because in my opinion, she was one of the most shocking things to find out who done it in the comics (Although I suspected it outright from the beginning of the arc.) If you are any kind of confused about anything, just ask me, and if it contains things I don't want to spoil, you can also DM me. This surely isn't the end of the pain though, we've got more between Rose and Snow to address :)

• I had to ask my GF what all this was; I'm getting close to the recent issue but I couldn't wait to read. Shit! I was on edge the entire time, wondering and waiting to see what will happen next.

I REALLY need to hurry and read the latest issue now. OMG...0.0

That ending, thou. That ending...

EMMYPESS posted: »

Snow stood at the gate, rain beating down on her armor as she waited. Waited for what? It was Bigby. He was coming. "I'm ready," Sh

• IT MAKES SO MUCH SENSE!

This was his DESTINY. Why hadn't I caught on to the BloodyPorgie thing until NOW?

I was getting angry at Peter's reaction, but then I was like,"Eh, he'll get over it."

"You look like something the Jersey Devil threw up." ~ Awesome XD

The whole scene where she's so frustrated and tries to turn back but can't really struck a chord with me. I can just imagine the frustration and the liberation she must be feeling at the same time. AND THEN HE PROPOSED AND I WAS FANGIRLING LIKE A BABY! Is that even a thing?!?!

Then the whole bit with Katie and Jersey! I couldn't stop laughing! Sheila has picked up on a thing or two about baking, that's for sure. Definitely her mother's daughter.

THIS. WAS. AWESOME.

can NOT wait for next chapter!!!!

Chapter 27 "Bloody Porgie" A couple of sketches drawn last night. (Insomnia BAD!) So, I drew up the new Legend of Fabletown. '

• Yeah. I actually stayed up all night last night thinking about it (Stupid decision with school at 6 AM), and I just had to get it out all at once. I hope you liked it, I tried my best to write it.

I had to ask my GF what all this was; I'm getting close to the recent issue but I couldn't wait to read. Shit! I was on edge the entire time

• I DID enjoy this! You did a wonderful job explaining the situation; the battle scenes could be seen in my head and the guessing from beginning to end. You should be very proud of this chapter! :)

Feel bad for Harmony in all of this. Guess there is no such thing as 'normal' life for Fables. :( LOL and about school...I've done that, too! XD

Yeah. I actually stayed up all night last night thinking about it (Stupid decision with school at 6 AM), and I just had to get it out all at once. I hope you liked it, I tried my best to write it.

• edited September 2014

LOL That whole BloodyPorgie thing was thrown around for awhile in my head. JJ just sort of ran with it, I guess, as you can see. I wanted Junior to prove his love, but how? Mary FINALLY got to see how unselfish one can be; she never had a chance to know that feeling. :( As far as Peter's feelings, he's very upset. HE feels like Junior did not really have a choice but he will see it all when his brother comes through that mirror.

Yes! A BloodyPorgie wedding in the making. Might throw that at the end just for laughs. We will see. And yes, little miss Sheila is TOO much like her mother. XD Just makes me wonder how the HELL Jersey and Katie do it sometimes...lol

IT MAKES SO MUCH SENSE! This was his DESTINY. Why hadn't I caught on to the BloodyPorgie thing until NOW? I was getting angry at Pete

• Haha, thanks. Don't worry, you might be actually surprised as the next turn of events unravels :)

I DID enjoy this! You did a wonderful job explaining the situation; the battle scenes could be seen in my head and the guessing from beginni

• Chapter 6

"ManEater"

Alt text

I didn't draw this. @pudding_pie did this for me. :) My character Robert. Thanks again. He came out awesome-o!
    ........................................................................`

"Man. You're stupid for going back."

Rose downed another Beer. This was number four.

"THE hell!? You told me to go back and talk to her!"

"Okay, YES but you should've known I was playin..."

I sighed. While looking through the fridge for food, Rose opens a bag of chips. Her annoying crunching sound lingers in the air.

"Whatever. Does not matter anyways. He'd never let me see her..."

"Psh. I wouldn't either. I'm not gay or anything but if MY girl looked like Lyla Smith, I'd NOT let some guy go and get coffee."

"Wow. Thanks."

Rose licks her fingers. "Besides, ol' Georgie Porgie is not exactly going to great you with open arms."

"Yeah..."

"You two have history?"

"Whoe doesn't in this town, Rose."

"Wanna tell me?"

"Nothing bad, just...I was dating her at the time and out of nowhere, she dumps me. I was devestated. I had no clue WHY; she never really expressed the reason until I found out the truth...the guy in the Bowler hat..."

Rose chomps down on another chip. "Sorry to hear that."

"Thanks..."

"You wanna do something?"

"Nah. I'm just going to stay here today."

"That's boring, Robby. C'mon! Let's go out and have fun!"

"No, Rose..."

She can tell I was not budging; she sat back down and continued eating the chips. As the silence grew thicker, I stood up and headed to my room. She could go out. Nothing was stopping her. Not me, though. I was exhausted. As I laid in my bed, covering my face with the covers, there she was.

"So, you're just going to bed..."

"Yeah."

Rose sighed, as she closed the door. Within minutes, my mind was thinking about the day Lyla went away; what a bond to break, dreams snatched from my sight, as she said goodbye. The tears rolled down my face, as I closed my eyes.

And there was her face. Like always.

When I woke up the next morning, Rose was gone. She left me a single note:

'Take it easy, Grendel. See you later?'

I crumbled the not and tossed into the wastebasket. I returned to my room and prepared for the day. Took a short shower, shaved my face, dressed and fixed myself lunch. Stepping outside, the cold air felt wonderful on my face. Groups of mundies stared, as I strolled down the street with no jacket. Loved this weather.

I stopped and grabbed a coffee before heading back to work. My coworkers knew something was on my mind; usually, I was cracking jokes and talking about my weekends. Today, however, all I did was remain silent and work on cars. Secretly, I was hoping she'd walk in through those doors and ask for me. That was wishful thinking, though.

"Ya' alright, Rob?"

Brandon, a good friend since I got the job, gave me a pat on the shoulder. He was mundy and had no idea his friend for over ten years was a Grendel.

"Oh, hey, Brandon. Yeah just...tired..."

"Ah, late night with your girl friend, huh?" He winks and elbows my side.

"No, not really. Just...tired..."

"Well, you wanna talk about it?"

As he spoke, I managed to unscrew the cap for the Transmission fluid. As the old oil dripped into the pan, I wipped my hands and tried ignoring his question. He followed me to the other side, as I checked the wiper fluid and break fluid.

"Robert..."

"No, Brandon. I'm fine. Thank you."

Brandon gave up and walked over to a waiting customer. He didn't need to be bombarded by my personal problems. Half the time, I didn't even want them. He never asked again the rest of the day. Everyone else seemed to keep their distant from me. During lunch, I sat alone. Better this way. Checking my messages, noticed Rose called and left a message. I'd call later.

"Can I join you or are you going to be a weird, antisocial person all day?"

Looking up from my Turkey sandwich, my brother sits and opens his brown paper sack lunch.

"Gren."

"Hey, Robert. Brandon tells me you are all sad and shit today."

"I saw her yesterday."

"Who?"

I wip my mouth and sip from my coke can. "Lyla, Gren. I SAW Lyla..."

"So, what, she like ignore you and shit?"

"No. We spoke but...it was hard seeing her after all that..."

"Well, what did you expect she was going to do? Invite you upstairs, fuck you silly and proclaim her love?"

"Fuck you, Gren."

"What! I'm being serious, Robert." He inches closer to me. "You need to stay the fuck away! She's with Georgie and you have to deal with it. Now, look. MAYBE when things cool down you two can talk like 'normal' adults but for now-"

"Easy for you to say." I finish my drink. "You HAVE Carla."

"Yeah, well, me and Carla never saw eye to eye, remember?"

"Yeah. I know..."

Gren sighs. "Look. Why don't you just go seek professional help, talk about these feelings and get out and date."

"I've been doing this for YEARS, Gren. Nothing is helping..."

"You've been-"

"I'm seeing a therapist now for almost THREE years, I've done on several dates; all of them ending in a disaster and the more you tell me to just 'ignore' it, the worse it SEEMS to be!"

The several people sitting at the table look in my direction.

"Calm down, Robert."

"I need a smoke break..."

Leaving my brother behind, I walk outside. rubbing my hands, the cold returns and sits above my head and surroundings. This was ridiculous. That was so long ago. Finishing the cigarette, I walk back inside and throw my trash away.

"Well, i have to get back, Robert. Call me when you get home..."

Simply nodding, Gren leaves and heads back to work. As do I. The clock seems to mock me, as the hands, minutes and hours slowly tick by.

Chapter 7 coming soon.

• Fine by me. Be prepared to see my most generic gamertag soon, haha.

yeah, probably. I don't go on very often, but it is what it is.

• edited September 2014

Act 1 and we're already seeing lots of stuff happening at once. (which is good!)

I have a feeling that Lydia will save Draco, because Lydia is totally a companion name. ;)

Fabled Avengers Act 1, The Homelands Several months have pasted since the Fabled Avengers united, and since then they ventured all ove

• That. Was. Insane. The scariest part that we have to look forward to is how Georgie and Lyla will react to this, if they react negatively. Plus, your picture of 'Bloody Junior' is awesomely scary and scarily awesome is so many ways!

• The battle scene was amazingly well-done, had my interest stuck to it through and through. You're like, on pudding's level of intense fight scenes, Em!

Snow stood at the gate, rain beating down on her armor as she waited. Waited for what? It was Bigby. He was coming. "I'm ready," Sh

• Haha, yeah. Well like I said above, I've had it in my head for a long time. It took a long while to write, but I got it out!

The battle scene was amazingly well-done, had my interest stuck to it through and through. You're like, on pudding's level of intense fight scenes, Em!

• Damn, so Robert and Lyla used to date, huh? No wonder Robert made her storm off from the club in the 3rd chapter, I think. Anyways, good job!

JJwolf posted: »

Chapter 6 "ManEater" I didn't draw this. @pudding_pie did this for me. My character Robert. Thanks again. He came out awesome-o!

• I feel bad for Robert. Now you have me wondering what my Lyla did to him that he's SO upset about! :(

And no problem. i'm glad to draw OC's for people. Like I said before, I'm loving your new Fable. Can't wait for more!! :D

Chapter 6 "ManEater" I didn't draw this. @pudding_pie did this for me. My character Robert. Thanks again. He came out awesome-o!

• Sorry to intrude, but I was thinking: whenever I post my picture for Tezoth and (possibly) Rose. Would you consider making one for my character sometime in the future? I'm asking since you have done multiple for JJ and one for Emmy. Your decision entirely, of course.

I feel bad for Robert. Now you have me wondering what my Lyla did to him that he's SO upset about! And no problem. i'm glad to draw OC's for people. Like I said before, I'm loving your new Fable. Can't wait for more!!

• This is why it pays to read the "Song of Ice and Fire" series or Warhammer novels. You get used to stuff like this, hardens the heart.

I suppose I'm lucky that I won't get to experience the heart-wrenching moments right away then. This gives me tons of time to prepare for th

• I might have to ask if you are willing to do my entire cast at this rate haha.
    Might have to get my rear end into gear and start writing again.

I feel bad for Robert. Now you have me wondering what my Lyla did to him that he's SO upset about! And no problem. i'm glad to draw OC's for people. Like I said before, I'm loving your new Fable. Can't wait for more!!

• The chances of me reading an entire novel that isn't school-assigned is very slim to none. It's not like I'm going to bawl my eyes out anyway. I'll just be really surprised instead. Maybe Fables will be my first exception. :P

Gorvar posted: »

This is why it pays to read the "Song of Ice and Fire" series or Warhammer novels. You get used to stuff like this, hardens the heart.

• edited September 2014

Oh hey, that would be fun! Dust the cobwebs in my 'drawing dragons' section of the brain! XD I would LOVE to make a picture of your oc and Rose. :) Whenev you have an example of Tezoth, I'd love to tackle yet another one of DragonButter's infamous challenges! XD

Sorry to intrude, but I was thinking: whenever I post my picture for Tezoth and (possibly) Rose. Would you consider making one for my charac

• Well, if you'd like me to, I'd be more than happy to make an image of your main character(s). :) Just give me an image example or some VERY detailed description and Georgie will make magic with his hands! XD

Gorvar posted: »

I might have to ask if you are willing to do my entire cast at this rate haha. Might have to get my rear end into gear and start writing again.

• edited September 2014

Dude, this is great news! :D I literally can't wait to share once I get it done. (I do come up with fun challenges too, don't I? XD)

Oh hey, that would be fun! Dust the cobwebs in my 'drawing dragons' section of the brain! XD I would LOVE to make a picture of your oc and R

• Well glad I just made your day, Dragon! Georgie just put a smile on dat face! XD And yes, you do! Always creative with both awards AND challenges! :)

Dude, this is great news! I literally can't wait to share once I get it done. (I do come up with fun challenges too, don't I? XD)

• Georgie just put a smile on dat face!

Yes you have, man.

Alt text

Yes, you have. :)

Well glad I just made your day, Dragon! Georgie just put a smile on dat face! XD And yes, you do! Always creative with both awards AND challenges!

• Anything they want? That's a useful ability! I apologize if this next question seems unbelievable stupid to you, who is very knowledgable about these things, but does that mean Bigby can/could transform into another form, aside from the lychanthropy, because of the North Wind? Again, sorry if this is a face-palmingly silly question.

Well, given that they're decendants from the North Wind, who can assume any form possible, they all can really be whatever they want! But, g

• Honestly, this writing seemed like a scene from The Wolf Among Us. The conversation, the silence, the little touches of description - good job! Hope Robert does okay, it didn't go all to great with Lyla :/

Chapter 5 I gathered the courage to reach for the door handle and open the door. My face was instantly struck with a blast of cold air. I

• Aha, your theory on Rapunzel! I hope this is in the comics, but it might be your own writing - it's hard to tell. Those fencing lessons and practice Harmony did might come in handy if she has to fight or defend had children at some point.

I imagine people stayed a way while you yelled at them :P

So today I was watching an episode from season 3 of The Walking Dead on Netflix (I watch the show, though there are some that I haven't seen

• They have to go to the ruins of The Dark! That sounds ominous. There's some great lines in here, and it's pleasing to see the heroes all together. :)

Fabled Avengers Act 1, The Homelands Several months have pasted since the Fabled Avengers united, and since then they ventured all ove

• This changes so much! Will Mary get used to her new self? Is she now, sort of, Mundy? How will Junior cope with his new role? Interested to see how this pans out! Great extra details with Katie and Jersey, they're fun to read about.

• Now that, that was intense. Seriously. I'm pretty much speechless. Glad Harmony saved her babies, though. :D

• Ahh, Robert. Love can hurt more than any other pain; least Rose, Gren and Brandon are there if he needs them. :)

• edited September 2014

This is a bit cheeky to ask, but if you ever felt like doing Mr. Weasel that would be utterly brilliant. Obviously there's a queue and you've got lots of other things going on by the sounds of it, so if it takes ages or you don't get chance, no worries. I'm just putting it out there is all.

• She KINDA is in a weird way. She is still able to bounce around the mirrors if she wants but Junior controls the majority of the powers now. And who does not love a little Jersey and Katie? XD

LupineNoir posted: »

This changes so much! Will Mary get used to her new self? Is she now, sort of, Mundy? How will Junior cope with his new role? Interested to see how this pans out! Great extra details with Katie and Jersey, they're fun to read about.

• Challenge accepted! Need projects to do over the weekend when not busy. :)

LupineNoir posted: »

This is a bit cheeky to ask, but if you ever felt like doing Mr. Weasel that would be utterly brilliant. Obviously there's a queue and you'v

• Thanks! :) quietly gets excited

Challenge accepted! Need projects to do over the weekend when not busy.

• On the 6th day of the third month in the world that Rose Red had been inhabiting for quite some time now, Hope had decided to make another visit to the little cottage.

"Oh, you're back?" Rose said sarcastically,"Thought it would take longer than that to pick up some milk from the supermarket."

Ignoring Rose's comment, Hope walked to the other end of the kitchen and pulled a bag of flour out. She proceded take a handful out and sprinkle it across the table.

"Hey! What are you doing?" Rose clamored.

"I'm showing you what you need to see," The entity responded. In the mess, she could see an image drawing itself out in the powder.

"What does Bigby have to do with what I'm dealing with?" Rose asked. The picture animated itself, recapping the events that had recently happened in the mundy world.

"Shit...Shit! Goddamnit..." Rose lifted her hands to her hair, running her fingers through the mess of tangles she hadn't brushed out yet.

"What are you thinking?" Hope asked, although she already knew the answer.

"How can I just go back and murder her? She's my sister, she has a family. At least If it were me, I-"

"You would cause just as much emotional damage in your death, if that's what you were pointing at," Hope had said.

Rose paused a moment. She never thought people would care about her as much as they cared about her sister. As much as she cared about her sister.

Defeated, she utters,"So what do I do?"

Hope takes her outside. Snow covers the ground in a thin layer, and causes Rose to shiver as soon as the door swings open. The walk around to the front, taking the path through the thin forest that lead to the little abandoned town.

Rose looked at each house passing by.

"Do you see these empty houses, Rose?" Hope asked.

"Well, of course I do." Rose replies. She sticks her hand in her pockets as they continue down the road.

"What makes them less livable than the one you're currently staying in?"

"What?" Rose says, confused.

"Is there REALLY a difference between-" Hope points "- that house? Or that one?"

"Well, no," Rose says.

"Are you sure?"

"Am I supposed to say yes? Where are you getting at?"

Hope stops in her tracks. The snow around her melts, showing the cobblestone layout of the street. "Think of them as opportunities, then. If the house you're living in represents you killing Snow, would moving houses change the fate?"

"Well, we can't know for sure," Rose says.

"So maybe you should try to look in a few of them, and see how things pan out."

"I still have no idea what your saying."

Hope lets out a soft chuckle. She opens the closest door and steps inside. It's as cold in there as it is outside, since there's no fire going to keep it warm.

"Maybe you should kindle a different fire."

It all snaps together in Rose's head. "Are you saying that I should choose someone else to take Snow's place?"

Hope only smiles. There's a little fire in the fireplace. Had it been there this whole time? She didn't see Hope so much as move to create it.

"You are a powerful young lady," Hope says. "I trust you will make the right decisions when the time comes to it. Hopefully you won't dwell here too long, before you miss your chance to change things."

And she's gone again.

Rose kindles the fire of this new house. It starts to warm the room up, giving her comfort.

Comfort, and Hope.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.