Start a Story, be your own Fable. (Create a Fable Thread)

Comments

• Well watching Game of Thrones is kinda like the books so that's good enough if you dislike reading big books with tiny letters ;P

The chances of me reading an entire novel that isn't school-assigned is very slim to none. It's not like I'm going to bawl my eyes out anyway. I'll just be really surprised instead. Maybe Fables will be my first exception. :P

• Chapter 28

'Once upon a time part 3: Fables and Legends'

Alt text

Alt text

'It was worth it....all of it...'

Uncle Ben was gone before my father and mother arrived. I caught him sneaking off in the back the second the call ended to my parents.

"You don't want to see dad?" He never turned to face me. "He'd really like to see you, Uncle Ben. He...He misses you a lot. He thinks you're dead."

I hear him heavily sigh. "Its not my time yet, Junior. You kids must understand HOW fate and destiny works among Fables and Folkers alike."

"Will I ever see you again?"

"Perhaps in time, our paths will cross. You are an unbelievable young man, Junior. Your unselfish ways and ability to look over Mary's past has given her a chance to start over. You'll make a fine Legend, my boy."

A portal opens up before him. My uncle Ben soon vanishes into the spinning vortex of unknown. Before I knew it, he was gone. Perhaps being a Legend wouldn't be too bad. Now, the only issue was this: How would my mother and father handle the 'new' Junior?

Peter could not say a word to me. His hand traced my entire face, his eyes never leaving mine. He gasped a few times, as his fingers carefully moved across the glass. His finger dipped into the blood surrounding my nose and eye sockets.

"Junior-" He stuttered, as he grabbed my shoulder. "My...My God, Junior...You look, so....so..."

"Different?"

Peter could only nod. "Yeah, it is a huge change?"

"HUGE!?" Peter laughs neurotically, as he continues to touch my face. "You're a bloody mess, bro! You're.....you're-"

"Bloody Porgie." We looked up, as Ariana held the book of Fables. She laid the book upon the table, as we all gathered around. In my arms, I held Sheila and Sophia. She squealed and bounced around in my arms the second my image appeared.

"What...what is this?"

"Welcome to the Book of Fables, Junior. Since taking Mary's place, your name will now remain etched in the minds and lips of those to come. You Porgies have your own little section in here: There you are, your dad, siblings. Even the kids have their own spot."

Sheila clapped her hands. "I wanna see! Where am I?"

Arianna points to the image. Sheila leans in closer to get a better look. A malicious smile forms on her little face.

"Cool...now I get to scare people!"

"No!" I quickly smack her hand. "No scaring people."

"But daddy! Mommy did that and now you will and-"

I roll my eyes. "No, my little mirror jumper. Daddy isn't going to scare anyone."

Sheila folds her arms. "Well, that's no fun..."

"Will you be like this forever?" My attention is soon on George. "Does mommy still have her powers?"

"Yes, bubba. Daddy will be like this always. Mommy can STILL go in the mirror with us. Don't worry."

George beams, as he snuggles closer to Mary. She gawks at me and smiles; her appearance and demeanor has drastically changed since taking her place.

"Oh for fuck's sake..." That voice. "Junior!"

I peek over and see my parents. Mom has her mouth covered, while dad shakes his head and rubs his forehead. He pulls out his packet of cigarettes and lights one up.

"Surprise..."

Dad does not say a word, as he leaves the building and steps outside. Unsure at this moment, all I can do is wait. My apperance has changed back to normal for the moment, as the older kids run off in the corner to play with Maddy. Meanwhile, Aubrey and Sophia fight to stay awake in my arms.

"He hates me."

"Your father does not hate you, Junior."

"Then explain that mom! I had no choice! I was losing Mary and the only way to PROVE my undying love for her, was to take her place and-"

"We already knew."

Her comment was startling to hear. "What....you, KNEW?"

Morgan offers my mother a cup of tea. Stirring with a spoon, she takes a seat next to Frau.

"When you kids were born, we asked the witches a chance to take a small glance into your lives. They will not show too much; just enough to get you either worried or excited. For you, it was the first emotion."

"What did you see?"

My mother pauses to drink. "Your face...shards of glass sticking each way. Blood pouring from your eyes and mouth, teeth sharp as knives...trapped in that mirror."

"This why dad hid the mirrors?"

"He was so desperate to save you, Junior. We were so worried about your future. Becoming the next Georgie Porgie, Council member, a spy, a pack leader or even next black Knight was nothing compared to what they showed us in regards to you."

Mary sat beside me, her hand in mine. "So, what happened?"

"We tried keeping you away from this predicton but some things are already set in stone." She takes a second to glance at the tiny image of a slice of pie on her wrist. "He couldn't do to you what your grandfather tried doing to us...so, when we found the mirror hiding in your room, our only concern was your happiness."

I tightly grasp Mary's hand. "I'm happy, mom. So very happy."

She wips a tear from her eye. "Go talk to him, Junior."

I walk outside and find my father sitting on the edge of the wall. He finishes the cigarette, tosses it to the side and stomps on it.

"Hey...dad."

Surprisingly, he looks up and smiles. "Son."

"May I join you?"

He pats the spot next to him. "Come. Sit my son. Join your old man."

As I take a seat, the wind picks up and gently flies past us. His eyes are closed, as my father inhales deeply.

"Cigarette?"

"No thanks, dad."

It was like looking in a mirror sometimes. How terrifying it was to look identical to this man.

"So. Bloody Porgie, huh?" I nod slightly. "Huh. Has a ring to it, don't you think? Bloody Porgie."

Trying not to laugh, he reaches over and pats my shoulder. I could see the stray marks of tears on his cheeks.

"Dad-"

"I'm so proud of you, Junior. You are a better man than I EVER could have been at your age..."

"Dad, you're a wonderful man...."

"No I wasn't, Junior. You know the shit your father dealt with, the kinds of people he was around; the shit I did to so many others and myself alike."

"That doesn't change anything..."

My father looks over, tears pouring from him face.

"Neither does this, son. Neither does this..."

"You're not-"

"No." He wraps his arms around my neck. "No matter what happens to you, I'll always be right by your side, kiddo. NOTHING will ever change this. You're happy, though, right Junior?"

I nod. "Good. Then so am I. My son. My legend. I'm so proud of the man you've become. I love you."

I hold on tightly to his shirt, as if I was three years old again. "I love you too, dad."

We stay like this for awhile. In the corner of my eye, I notice Mary lean against the wall and smile. My father quickly notices her and motions for Mary to join. At first, she refuses to budge but guess the smile upon my father's face assured her it was alright. Mary sits beside me.

"Georgie Porgie."

"Bloody Mary."

Mary snorts. "Eh, not so much these days, you know?"

She begins to giggle. That sound. It had been awhile since I've heard that angelic sound.

"You have made my boy the happiest Fable in the fucked up town..."

"No, Georgie. He's made ME the happiest Fable in this fucked up town." Mary wraps her arms around me and leans closer to my ear. "I'd be so lost, if it wasn't for you. Thanks for taking the leap, Porgie."

I kiss her neck. "Thank you for allowing me on your magical mystery ride, Mary."

My father clears his throat. "So. Show me your new gift, kiddo."

From the window, the kids all watch, as does Ariana, Peter and my mother. Standing up, Mary holds a mirror to my face. I touch the glass, the edges turning blue and glowing. Disapperaing into the glass, I watch Mary hold it in front of my father's face. His confused look bounces back to mine, as he begins to speak.

"Bloody Porgie, Bloody Porgie, Bloody Porgie, Bloody Porgie, Bloody Porgie."

The mirror bounces, as a luminous blue lights the air; I step out from the glass and appear the way Mary used to look. My father steps back for a second, then carefully touches my face. He laughs and pats my cheek.

"Fuck. You look like something The Jersey Devil threw up."

I kiss his cheek, as my father pats my shoulder. We all return to the thirteenth floor.

I never saw Uncle Ben after that. Ariana, Peter and I didn't metion it to dad. We all agreed it was for the best.

Later that evening, after putting the kids to bed, Mary and I found ourselves dancing in the middle of our bedroom floor. With her head on my shoulder and my hand on her hips, we swayed back and forth, as John Legend sang 'All of me' in the background.

"I want this to be our song for the wedding."

I kiss her head. "I love this song...."

"Its us, Porgie. This is OUR song."

Sighing, I pull Mary closer. "I said the same thing..."

'Give your all to me, I'll give my all to you. You're my end and my beginning, even when I lose I'm winning. Cause I give you all of me and you give me all of you.'

"I'm glad you called me that night, Junior..."

"There was something different about that night. It was nothing like I was told. And then, you came back..."

"That was the best night..."

Mary takes my hand and guides me to the bed. I lay in the middle, as he places her hands behind my head. Our lips touch, as the music continues to play softly in the back. The window is open wide, as the moonlight pours into the bedroom. Piece by piece, our clothes come off, as our bare bodies touch. Mary's eyes never leave mine.

"You risked so much, Junior."

I kiss her lips. "It was worth it, Mary. YOU'RE worth it. I love you."

Mary buries her face into my neck. I could feel the warmth from her tears. "I love you more, Porgie."

"I just want you to be my wife and mother to my children. Be with me for all eternity."

"That's all I ever wanted..."

There were times I never could understand what was going through Mary's mind. She had a tendency to keep things to herself and kick me out. Now, I understood her reasons. Like my parents, she was given a second chance. The world around us continued to beat us down and even in our darkest hours, I never let her go.

Mary was my end and my beginning. Our magical, mystery ride was just getting started.

'I have died everyday waiting for you. Darling don't be afraid for I have loved you for a thousand years, I'll love you for a thousand more. And all along, I believed I would find you. Time has brought your heart to me; I have loved you for a thousand years and I'll love you for a thousand more.'

Chapter 29 soon :)

Almost to the end, folks! As we draw closer to the end, I'd like to thank those that stuck by Junior and Mary's wild ride. Despite their differences and the world around them, they stuck it through. :) If you have any questions, let me know. :)

OH and before I forget.....

Coming soon

Alt text

Alt text

I'm getting the setup ready for my next Fable story. (As we CAN'T tell on who! XD) Just doodling up their 13 girls. Yes. 13 girls. I'll be posting that soon. In the meantime, I promised several OC drawings. (Still waiting on a few examples. No rush. :D) I'll have those up as well.

• Thank you very much! I'm trying to make this better. My last one....eh...I wanted to make the scene dark, deep and very sad. :( Robert is a tough guy. :)

LupineNoir posted: »

Honestly, this writing seemed like a scene from The Wolf Among Us. The conversation, the silence, the little touches of description - good job! Hope Robert does okay, it didn't go all to great with Lyla

• Those images, thou! The 1st one is too cute! That 2nd one! He's freaking out! I would be, too! 0.o

I was worried Georgie would react negativaly to Junior's new look but it made sense as well for him to accept and understand. He'd be doing that same thing John did YEARS ago. That last scene was too cute, as she was surrounded by his love and the 'new' Mary. Neat how he's in the book of Fables and can I just tell you what-Sheila is too damn cute!

I'm looking forward to Katie and Jersey's kids. BTW good lord. 13 girls....poor Jersey, man! XD Again. Great work. Sad to see this tale end, too. :(

pudding_pie posted: »

Chapter 28 'Once upon a time part 3: Fables and Legends' 'It was worth it....all of it...' Uncle Ben was gone before my fat

• I'll maybe read something that's about... 400 pages minimum if it's a text-based book that isn't an assignment. If the pages exceed past 500 or 600, there's no chance I'll finish it.

I could watch Game of Thrones too, but it isn't on Netflix, so that option is down the drain. :P

Gorvar posted: »

Well watching Game of Thrones is kinda like the books so that's good enough if you dislike reading big books with tiny letters ;P

• I loved the flour part. I feel bad for Rose. She seems so confused and lost, unable to make a decision at this moment. Glad to see her back at the cottage. Can't wait for more. :)

EMMYPESS posted: »

On the 6th day of the third month in the world that Rose Red had been inhabiting for quite some time now, Hope had decided to make another v

• edited September 2014

Disregard this :P It was a repost of my comment on Pie's story above. Ma bad XD

• Rose is troubled, but she realized that since she's sort of the conductor of this whole Camelot thing, that she can really make the changes to the story. You'll see soon enough :)

I loved the flour part. I feel bad for Rose. She seems so confused and lost, unable to make a decision at this moment. Glad to see her back at the cottage. Can't wait for more.

• Yeah! I've had this thing planned out for a long time, and I finally had the will to write it all out. I wanted to make it intense as I could, and the slight prospect of loosing her children only pushed her forward to do what she had to do.

Now that, that was intense. Seriously. I'm pretty much speechless. Glad Harmony saved her babies, though.

• Mary looks so much less menacing! (Did I even grammar that right? lol) I love the fact that he's already written down as Bloody Porgie in the Book of Fables. He looks pretty badass if you ask me :)

I love the part where he walks outside and sees Georgie and Georgie just accepts Junior at this point and they even bring Mary into the hug, who prior to the whole switcheroo I think she'd never get caught dead doing in public!

Everyone thinks the Jersey Devil threw him up XD I think it's hilarious.

And then the song for the wedding T.T Like, talk about evoking my inner emotions!!

AND THEN CHRISTINA PERRI EXIT SONG WHABANG! OMG, I loved this chapter to bits!!!

Chapter 28 'Once upon a time part 3: Fables and Legends' 'It was worth it....all of it...' Uncle Ben was gone before my fat

• I THINK that's right! XD Either way, I'll take it! :) I'm glad he looks so badass; that was the goal and it seems I Aced the test!

I didn't want Georgie to react negatively towards Junior. He and Lyla already knew their son's possible fate; in the end, however, he's proud of his son. I'm not totally CHANGING Mary's characteristic; just kinds toning them down a bit. Abrasive but not so harsh. :)

I'll be writing the wedding at the end. Just gotta twek a few more details. Draw Mary in a wedding dress, the usual. Glad I'm bringing on the emotions. Been in a wonderful, gushy, lovey dovey mood. <3

Mary looks so much less menacing! (Did I even grammar that right? lol) I love the fact that he's already written down as Bloody Porgie in th

• Oh I'm looking forward to this section as well. I've grown to love Rose as a character, so I can't wait to see the next chapter.

Rose is troubled, but she realized that since she's sort of the conductor of this whole Camelot thing, that she can really make the changes to the story. You'll see soon enough

• Enjoy

Act 2, Time Bomb Part 1

"Draco? Hey Draco, can you hear me?!"

"What? What...happened Etan?"

"You were careless, you fell right in Omnimaax's trap."

"How did he know about my parents? Let alone my mother.."

"You can ask him that yourself once we invade his castle in the European Homelands. But right now you need to come with me and Daren to the forest where the sacred crest is located. You remember that place right?"

"Yeah i do but why, Etan?"

"Well, you are a ticking time bomb now Draco, ready to go off. When Omnimaax stabbed you, with his dark blade it unsealed something...dangerous within you. We don't know what yet, which is why we're going there.."

"Why does all this shit have happen to me?" Draco as he destroy a tree with a single punch."

"Restraint Draco, restraint. We will figure this out, and we will stop that tyrannical lunatic Omnimaax as well. But before we do that I must secure the safety of my team."

"A time bomb you say... So..am I going to explode..?"

"Don't worry about it, its not going to happen. Prepare to move out, I need to speak with the Robin Hood brothers and our new team member."

"Right, the winged horse woman.."

As Etan leaves, Draco looks up at the moon attempting to shield his anger and brief sorrow. Daren joins him by and sits down on a white stone.

"Daren.. when this is all over, when we reclaim our kingdoms.. what is the first thing you are going to do..?"

"I want to see my wife and kids, who are now adults now. Maybe take them on a tour of their birth right or something. I dunno, just want to see them soon as possible. What about you Draco? Hows your little rascal doing?"

"Taking after his father I suppose. Viera is teaching him how to control his fire and such. We don't wont him trying to burn down the Business office like before...."

"The Business office.. Awhile ago someone told that a mysterious man known as the "Dark Man" was said to be seen around. I don't know the whole story, but its nothing Fabletown can't handle."

"If you ask me I had my share of evil fables. After we finish Omnimaax and free our kingdoms. I'm calling it quits.. No more fable business, just a normal life."

"Nothing is normal Draco when your a fable, or the kin to a fable"

"Alright, I've sent The Robin Hood Brothers and Lydia to gather more information on the sword Omnimaax took and the location of his lair. While they are doing that we are going to find out what is wrong with you Draco. Ready to move out?

"Ready Etan"

"Then lets go, here take one each."

"What the hell is that?"

"It's a magic carpet Daren. Don't you remember them from our youth days?"

"No.. I don't"

"Anyway, these will get us there quicker, let's move out."

Etan,Daren and Draco head out for the forest contain the sacred crest that unlock Draco's power long ago. Hoping to find out what is wrong with our hero. Meanwhile the Robin Hood brothers and with Lydia travel to a nearby land by that is unknown to many. It is said to hold archives of many worlds and much more. They hope to discovery more about the mythical sword and Omnimaax location. However little do they know, such information won't be giving up so easily.

"So Lydia where is this 'Library' where looking for?

"We're standing on it, Robby?"

"Huh?"

"The entrance is guarded by a centaur spirit. So if we are going to get in we are going to have to go through it first."

"Where is this centaur, Lydia?"

"WALTER LOOK OUT?!"

The group are attacked by centaur who guards the entrance to the Library and is determine to stop them at all cost. Robby, Walter and Lydia prepare to face this dangerous beast.

Alt text

"Aim for the legs!"

"Lydia...I don't think thats going to wor--- WOW!"

"Robby be careful, please."

"I Know Walter, this thing is tougher than it looks.."

Lydia fires her bow of light arrows at the creature stunning him for a short second so that the brothers could finish him off. It's not enough and it really pisses off the creature even more. It begins to charge after in a destructive rage.

"LYDIA! WHAT HAVE YOU DONE!"

"I that it was going to work, hah. Looks like this is going to be a longer fight than I expected."

As the Robin Hood Brothers and Lydia try to stop the centaur and gain access to the Library a warlock watches from the shadows observing the three. He strokes his beard and continues to be fascinated by their courage. Then else where Etan, Daren and Draco prepare to land in the forest where Draco story all started determined to figure out what is wrong with him.

But... little do they know, a trap has been set for the three by Omnimaax...

To be continued.

• Try Project Free Tv on the internets instead :P

I'll maybe read something that's about... 400 pages minimum if it's a text-based book that isn't an assignment. If the pages exceed past 500

• Wedding dress you say? F*** I'm gonna cry, aren't I?

Damn you Pie and your recent need to make us feel! XD

I THINK that's right! XD Either way, I'll take it! I'm glad he looks so badass; that was the goal and it seems I Aced the test! I didn't

• Chapter 7

"Dancing and Rum"

The day went by fucking slow for me. Brandon attempted to strike up a conversation but it was no use. By the time 5 5 o' clock rolled around, I was one of the many already out the door. My head was throbbing. I dug into my pockets and pulled out the cigarettes. As I opened them, I quickly noticed there were only three left.

"Shit." I sighed and pulled out my wallet. "Well, maybe I can pick some dinner up as well."

Rose would not be there tonight. I needed the alone time. Besides, how would she get in unless I was there? I entered the mini mart, grabbed a 22 ounce of Coke, ordered two large Chicken sandwiches on white; everything on but Jalapenos and Tomatoes, extra oil and Vinegar and lots of pepper and a carton of cigarettes. Even the clerk could tell my day was shit.

After paying for my items, I headed home to my quiet apartment. Upon entering the place, the kitchen was a complete disaster. Rose left several cans of Beer and two plates on the counter. The couch still had blankets and to no surprise, half the food was missing in the fridge.

"Fuckin' Rose." Mumbling, I open the coke and take a drink. "Lucky you're not here. I'd go all Grendel on your ass..."

I take out one of the Chicken sandwiches, undress into nothing but my boxer briefs and turn on the television. There is some news broadcast on. It catches my attention. Damn, this sadnwich is delicious. There is a small pile of lettuce forming on the paper, along with several drips of oil. Licking my fingers, I take another drink from my coke. As I screw the cap back on, my phone vibrates. Looking over, an unknown number appears.

My first thought was to ignore it; perhap it was bill collectors with nothing else better to do than harass me late in the evening. My curiosity got the best of me, when it attempted to call again. I answered the phone expecting some Foreign guy or something. I was wrong.

"Robert." It was her. "Robert...you there...Gren said this was your number...?"

My heart sank, my mouth became dry and my breathing suddenly came to a stand still. Despite her current status with the former pimp of Fabletown, my deepest desires to be with her grew with every passing second. The inclination to hold her in my massive arms, make passionate love beneath the stars and give her my child was still desperatly wanted.

"Robert-" I shouldn't miss you. I shouldn't still have these feelings. But I can't fucking let you go for some unknown reason. "Robert..."

There was a second of silence before she spoke again. "I'll be in town tomorror morning at the park with the kids. Georgie will be working on remodling the club with Henry; Hans will be with me, so I'd take this opportunity to come out. I'm...I'm sorry about the other day. Seeing you kind of threw me for a loop. Goodbye."

Click. Beep, beep, beep. Call ended. I sat there for a moment and tried processing it all. I placed my phone on the table, finished my sandwich and as I placed the other one away, there was only one thing I needed to heal this ever growing wound. I dialed the number Rose left.

"Hey. Its the Grendel. You in the mood to go dancing?"

The SYSTEM Dance club was packed upon my arrival. Dressed in a black cocktail dress, pearls and wedges, Rose waved me down when she noticed the awkward man in the crowd. I didn't dress up too fancy; dark jeans, black tank top and my black Converse shoes. She embraced me.

"FINALLY you want to go out!"

"Yeah, I needed to get some air..."

"Hurry up, Grendel! The bouncer is only letting a handeful in!"

After Rose sweet talked the bouncer, we got were granted access into the club. The music was loud, as the DJ played various techno and hip hop remixes. Rose disappered to the bar and brought me back a shot of Tequila. She handed me a lime.

"Here is to broken hearts, dancing the night away and gettin' shit faced!"

After downing the shot and taking the lime, I was ready to dance. Rose and I made our way to the floor. For a moment, I had no idea; dancing was not my strongest point but after a few failed attempts and Rose showing me a few moves, we were in business. 'Gasolina' played and despite not understanding a damn thing he was saying, we danced. Rose dug into her pocket and pulled out a little purple pill.

"HERE!" She shouted, handing me the pill. "TAKE IT!"

"WHAT!?!"

"TAKE IT!"

"WHAT IS IT?"

"IT WILL LOOSEN YOU UP! TRUST ME! TAKE IT!"

I popped the pill into my mouth and felt it dissolve instantly. For a moment, there was nothing until it began kicking in. I was relaxed and soon, the world seemed to melt away; all the troubles I had, the thoughts of Lyla, for once were nowhere in sight.

"FEELIN" GOOD, ROBBY?" Rose giggled, as she wrapped her arms around my neck. "DANCE WITH ME!"

'Gasolina' continued to play, as I failed miserably to sing along. At this second, however, we were both feeling pretty damn good to even care.

"A ELLA LE GUSTA LA GASOLINA, DAME MAS GASOLINA!"

"YOU'RE A DORK, ROBBY!"

"BE A DORK WITH ME!"

Drinks in hands, we continued to dance and sing. By this thime, my world no longer existed. Even Rose was slowly vanishing; I remember taking shots with her and her hips grinding into me but after that, nothing. From the corner of my eye, I saw Jack completly making a fool of himself. Two girls rejected him, as he tried again with a blonde girl getting a drink.

"IDIOT."

"WHAT?" Rose continued dancing against me.

"JACK! THERE!" I point to the bar. "HE'S FAILING MISERABLY!"

"FUCK HIM! C'MON, ROBERT! DANCE!"

Before I could say anything, Jack danced his way over. He smelled heavily of Rum and his hair was a mess. Rihanna's 'Rude Boy' played loudly, as Jack jumped into the dance floor. His shoulder bumped into mine, as he tried pushing me out and taking over.

"HERE! LET ME SHOW YOU HOW TO DANCE WITH SUCH A CLASSY LADY!"

"FUCK OFF,BEANSTALK! I'M DANCIN' HERE!"

"RELAX, ROBERT, OKAY?!"

By this time, the pill was really kicking in and the side effects were not going to be pretty. I could tell with how easily this was making me angry. I grabbed him and spun Jack around until he was facing me.

"ONE MORE TIME, JACK! I'M DANCIN' HERE! NOW GO-"

"YOU SHOULD BE USED TO REJECTION!"

"WHAT!?"

"GET OUTTA HERE, ROBERT! ISN'T YOUR TYPE MORE 'WOLFY' ANYWAYS?" He smiles. "GO, DUDE AND-"

I didn't let him finish, as my fist was now in his right cheek. Several people screamed, as I pinned him to the floor. I could feel the change and although we were surrounded by mundies, the urge to change into my true form was over taking my concious and before long, my hands were changing into claws.

"ROBERT!" Rose tried to pull me off of Jack. "STOP! YOU'LL KILL HIM! LOOK AT YOUR HANDS!"

They were long, black claws wrapped around his neck. Even in the wave of various colors, I could see him face turning red. Jack struggled to move, as my eyes turned and the growls were present in the club. I heard a woman scream, as the crowd took off to the exit.

"A MONSTER!" The mundies took off in groups and like roaches in the light, they scattered every which way. Rose again tried pulling me off.

"ROBERT! YOU'RE CHANGING! STOP!"

I was in my true form by this time. I tossed Jack to the side, as Rose stood back, unsure of what to do at this point. A Towering Grendel stood on the dance floor, as the music continued in the back and the colors bounced off my skin. There was a sudden loud crack noise, as a burning sensation engulfed my back arm.

Turning around, I noticed a dart sticking out. Looking back, I thought I saw Bigby, Snow...Lyla. Crumbling to the ground, I laid on the floor, continuing to growl.

"Robert..." That voice. That voice..."What have you done?"

"Get him outta here....Business Office." Bigby.

Then, darkness. And nothing more.

Chapter 8 coming soon

• The hell just happened with Robert?! 0.0 He was dancing, chillin and next thing you know, he's changed and beatin' the shit outta Jack!

Alt text XD

I loved this chapter; the beginning was done nicely, as was the interactions with Robert and Rose. I have this strange feeling Rose wants Robert MORE than just a 'booty call.' Seems like she really loves him. :( Feel bad, dude. And Lyla! She's a bitch in your story! XD

JJwolf posted: »

Chapter 7 "Dancing and Rum" The day went by fucking slow for me. Brandon attempted to strike up a conversation but it was no use. By t

• Morgan's dreams were interrupted rudely when she was shaken from her slumber in the middle of the night. At first, she thought it may have been Peter waking her for some odd reason. She opened her eyes, but was disappointed when her friend and mischief maker Rose Red had been the one to stir her awake.

Avoiding waking Peter, Morgan whispered,"Rose? When the hell did you get back?"

"About 2 minutes ago," Rose replies. She pulls her colleague from the bed and rushes her out the door.

"Ehm, Rose? Rose?" Morgan pulled back as hard as she could.

Rose let's out an exasperated sigh and turns to see her friend.

"Oh," Rose says. "Go get dressed, then meet me up in the tower. We have lot's to talk about."

"I figure you found your answer during your extended vacation then?"

"Exactly. I need you to hurry, please." Rose takes off running up the steps that lead to the main tower of her castle.

As soon as she gets up there, Morgan is sitting against her desk, her clothes put on in a hurry, Rose observed.

"So what do you need to talk about at 2 A.M., exactly?" Morgan crosses her arms, a skeptical look upon her tired face.

"I know how to stop myself from killing Snow! Or, at least I have a plan."

Morgan lets out a brief laugh,"You know, a wise woman once said there are no such thing as plans."

"Think what you want, but I was able to figure out a thing or two in the Homelands."

"So, you gonna tell me?" Morgan yawns, squeezing her eyes shut and contemplates keeping them that way, just for a few minutes. She's really, really tired.

"I'm getting to it, sheesh. Remember when I told you about Hope? About the dreams I had and shit?"

Morgan nods.

"Well, she came to me over there. She directed me on my path, although it was indirectly, I suppose. She really can't tell me what to do, I've come to realize. She just get's me off my ass. That's her job. Anyway, she showed me some valuable indirect knowledge."

"Which is?" Morgan stands up and sits in a chair, her body slumping forward.

"I can change the roles of the people!" Rose says excitedly.

"What do you mean by that?" Morgan asks.

"Well, I subconsciously, and with the help of those who'd figured Snow would be my counterpart, made Snow take that role. It was me who appointed Brandish, not her. If I would have let him die in that cement pit....Man, this probably wouldn't have happened."

"Not necessarily. It still might have been Snow you fought, just for a different reason, is all."

"Yeah, well I don't want to fight her. And she obviously doesn't want to fight me. So I've decided to change the roles. I will be fighting Brandish."

"And how are you going to pull it off?"

"Well, you know how the saying goes; History tends to repeat itself. Let him take on the role you once did many, many lightyears ago."

"Lightyears?"

"You know what I mean." Rose runs across the wide room to the chalkboard and starts to write out her plan.

"I thought you liked Brandish, though," Morgan begins to play devil's advocate.

"I heard about Weylands...erm, second death. There's no way it wasn't Brandish. The little pissant has been playing me, and I was a fool to go along with it. Snow was right. He's absolutely evil."

"Glad to know that," Morgan says. Another yawn escapes her as she makes her way toward Rose.

"So you see...I talk to Snow-" Rose circles the little stick figure she drew donning a snowflake above it's head."- Explain to her my gameplan. Sooner or later, Brandish is going to rebel. He killed Weyland, who's to say he won't get brave and attack again? With an army, no less."

"Who's his army?" Morgan asks.

"Good question. There's got to be a few Fables who'd actually join his side. Just who is what we need to figure out. Put tabs on them."

"This is going to be hard. Snow's role is practically set in stone, you can't just simply change your mind, can you?"

"Who the hell knows? From the vibes I got from pretty shiny lady back in the homelands, it seems that I can. I won't doubt that it'll be hard as fuck, but we'll figure it out somehow."

Morgan scoffs,"Well, whatever. I guess I'm with you no matter what you do, considering I'm your magical adviser. Your Merlin of sorts. We just need to make Brandish the new me."

Rose laughs,"Yeah, he needs to be the Morgan Le Faye of the story."

"Well, King Arthur, let's get this show on the road, but not now. I need another 4 hours of sleep at least."

"Right. Well, goodnight. I'm staying up a while. I'm not tired." Rose begins writing more things on the chalkboard.

"Of course not." Morgan disappears the same way she came to the top of the tower, leaving Rose and her crazy ideas alone for the rest of the night.

• The flour was an interesting bit of magic. Who can Rose chose to take Snow's place? I'm still behind with the comics so I can't really guess, but it's a tough call to make. Interesting to see what she does.

On the 6th day of the third month in the world that Rose Red had been inhabiting for quite some time now, Hope had decided to make another v

• Hey guys, I just wanted to say that I apologize for not commenting on your recent chapters. I've been working on a drawing of my Tezoth character (including more!) for the past couple of days, I think it's coming along quite nicely!

• Ah, such a heartfelt chapter! It was a lack of life love that made Mary the way she was, and it was love that brought who she really was back. There's a lesson in life to be had there. :)

• Beard-stroking warlock! I wonder if he be friend or foe.

MasterStone posted: »

Enjoy Act 2, Time Bomb Part 1 "Draco? Hey Draco, can you hear me?!" "What? What...happened Etan?" "You were careless, you fell r

• Well, that answered my question from before. I should probably get up to date before asking things about older chapters, sorry.

Morgan's dreams were interrupted rudely when she was shaken from her slumber in the middle of the night. At first, she thought it may have b

• Looking forward to seeing them both, Dragon!

Hey guys, I just wanted to say that I apologize for not commenting on your recent chapters. I've been working on a drawing of my Tezoth character (including more!) for the past couple of days, I think it's coming along quite nicely!

• It's all good! If you have any other questions, be my guest :)

Well, that answered my question from before. I should probably get up to date before asking things about older chapters, sorry.

• Sweet, can't wait :D

Hey guys, I just wanted to say that I apologize for not commenting on your recent chapters. I've been working on a drawing of my Tezoth character (including more!) for the past couple of days, I think it's coming along quite nicely!

• OMG A WEDDING DRESSSSSSSSS!

I never thought Bloody Mary'd be a person to wear one! I can't wait to see how it'll look!

I THINK that's right! XD Either way, I'll take it! I'm glad he looks so badass; that was the goal and it seems I Aced the test! I didn't

• Cool! Can't wait! Looking forwars to FINALLY see what he looks like! :D I'm with you in the lack of comments and participation. Making TONS of images for the last pages of my story. :)

• That's all she really desired and secretly wished she could have. Even someone like Bloody Mary deserves love....:) This lack of is what caused her to lose faith, give up hope and believe all she was capable of was hurt.

Ah, such a heartfelt chapter! It was a lack of life love that made Mary the way she was, and it was love that brought who she really was back. There's a lesson in life to be had there.

• No I'm not trying to make Lyla seem like a 'bitch.' If its coming off like that, I'll tone it down. Don't kill me, Pie! XD

And thank you very much! That whole dance thing I know.

The hell just happened with Robert?! 0.0 He was dancing, chillin and next thing you know, he's changed and beatin' the shit outta Jack!

• He's based off a wizard from a certain movie that involves 'rings.

Beard-stroking warlock! I wonder if he be friend or foe.

• edited September 2014

I don't think I do at the moment, but if I have any more I'll be sure to ask. Thanks :)

It's all good! If you have any other questions, be my guest

• I'm quite certain I know who he be then, however I shan't say anything it case it spoils a grand reveal!

MasterStone posted: »

He's based off a wizard from a certain movie that involves 'rings.

• That's fairly deep and philosophical - I like that :)

That's all she really desired and secretly wished she could have. Even someone like Bloody Mary deserves love....:) This lack of is what caused her to lose faith, give up hope and believe all she was capable of was hurt.

• edited September 2014

Hey guys, Bigby inspired me to start writing again, and this is what I have come up with so far. I also began posting it in fanfiction.net but I'll start fresh here. Anyway, I felt like adding some of the local folklore to that aftermath of the Crooked Man's trial. And just so you don't hate me first, I began writing under the assumption that the relationship between Snow and Bigby was strenuous to say the least, so thanks in advance for any feedback. :)

Unexpected Assistance

Chapter 1

It had been short of two days since Bigby had caught The Crooked Man, had Auntie Greenleaf imprison him in his Gilded Cage, and Nerissa had run off to who-knows-where. Since Bigby and Snow White decided to change how Fabletown was run, both of them were up to their elbows in complaint and files. All he was longing for was a big, greasy cheeseburger and some Grey Goose to wash it down. Hoping that the hands of the clock moved towards closing time, Bigby cast a look; but much to his dismay, it was only 4 PM. A knock on the door shook him out of his food dreams as he yelled “Come in!”

Snow White tentatively stepped through the open door. “Hello Bigby. I’m sorry if you’re busy, but we have an asylum application, and I wanted to give you some information before you interviewed her.”

Scowling at his finished cigarette, Bigby lit a new one. “I’m listening.”

“Well, it’s not actually one of ours. Our applicant is from the Eastern Parts of the Homelands. Her name is Shahmaran, also known as “The Queen of Serpents”. She didn’t tell me that though, Bufkin looked it up. Anyway, she told me she was seeking asylum because Mundies were after her meat in the literal sense, and for some reason she decided to come here. I guess you can hear the rest from her.” She moved to the side to let a woman who slightly resembled Snow in.

Bigby sized up the newcomer in a few seconds. She was dressed in a demure black suit, had her dark hair pinned up in a bun. Not a lot of makeup, no heavy perfumes. Whatever her form was, she appeared fully human, a pretty one at that. A thought in the back of her mind pointed out how she looked more like Snow than Rose Red did. He watched silently as the woman slowly sat on the swivel chair.
    “So, Miss…Shahmaran. Please excuse me if I say your name wrong…”

“Oh no Mr. Wolf, it’s perfectly fine.” A lilt could be caught in her accent. “I cannot thank you enough for not rejecting my application. Please call me Maran, the first bit is more of a title anyway.”

“See Miss Maran, this is the point where I decide if your application will be rejected or not. If you tell us the truth, you have nothing to be worried about. Now, why don’t you tell us why you applied?”

“Well Mr. Wolf, it goes on like this: As Miss White said so, I am the Queen of Serpents, and I used to live underground since our part of the Homelands had been annexed. Unlike you Fables however, I didn’t hide my identity, and even bestowed mild powers on people who proved themselves to be worthy. I had no idea it would cause me so much trouble!” At that point Shahmaran’s breath hitched and she began sobbing quietly.

Seeing that he was short on tissues, Bigby handed her a cigarette. “Erm…What exactly happened, Miss?”

Maran gratefully took the cigarette between her lips and smoked it as if her life depended on it. Bigby silently gave her credit for not complaining about his Huff n Puffs. “Well, not only did I rule over the snakes, and shift shape-this is not your glamour you see-my scales have healing properties.” She paused for a moment for another drag. “The local TV channel made a documentary about me for tourism purposes. Well, before you know it, people all over the region were flocking over to take a chunk out of me! While I can defend myself just fine on one on one, I had enough when thousands of people tried to kidnap me so that they could sell off my scales. I shifted, hitched a ship to Fabletown, and here I am. It’s possibly the only place where nobody will look for me. At least, I’ll know that Mundies can’t.”

Bigby could tell from her scent that she wasn’t lying, that she had indeed crossed oceans out of sheer desperation. He could also couldn’t help but notice that she smelled of cinnamon, and shoved that thought deep aside.

“Well then Miss, what do you plan to do, assuming your application is accepted?”

Maran shrugged. “You know, find someplace to live, get a job, stay off the Mundies’ radar-basically what everyone here is doing I think.”
    Bigby looked at her through squinted eyes, scratching his stubble at the same time. “Let me talk to Miss Snow. You can wait here, it shouldn’t take long.”

• edited September 2014

Chapter 29

'The Big Bloody, Porgie Wedding

Alt text

"Oh God, you're ugly..."(Our 1st encounter...he was perfect...)

Alt text

"I'd be lost without you..." (Finally seeing the truth. Love CAN happen...)

"Am I doing the right thing?"

Mary paced back and forth in her room; Ariana followed behind, trying her best to spray Mary's hair. Her attempts failed the majority of the time. Mary stopped at the window long enough for Ariana to grab her arm.

"What do you mean the 'right' thing? You love him, right?"

Mary sighs heavily. "Its been so long for me, Ariana. I can't even tell you if I'm any good at this..."

Ariana pats her sister's face. "Well, you managed to keep him THIS long, even before the kids came along."

Mary exhales. "Yeah. You're right."

"You love him?"

"More than anything..."

"There is your answer, silly." Ariana begins to apply blush upon Mary's cheeks. "There. All done."

Ariana hands Mary a hand held mirror. Mary grips the handle and stares into the reflection staring back at her. It had been years since Mary could recall looking like herself; the mere thought of her once apperance actually made her cringe for a split second. She smiled, as Mary quickly qips away a tear.

"It looks lovely. Thank you..."

The woman stand up and embrace. Ariana latched onto Mary, as she wrapped her arms around her neck. Mary buried her face into Ariana's neck. It had been centuries since they had a moment like this. All those years, Mary blamed her sister for up and leaving; never to return and take Mary with her. Far, far away from her nightmares, the world that held her down.

"He's a good man, Mary." Ariana whispers in Mary's ear. "You'd be lost without him..."

Mary kisses her sister's forehead. "C'mon, little sis. Let's get married..."

"You look like I did when I married your mother."

Georgie adjusted his son's tie, as Peter and Ethan sat nearby. Georgie took a minute; all he could see was this freckled face kid. His son was a spitting image and despite his worries and the fears he imagined, Junior was a wonderful young man; something Georgie desperatly wished he had all those years ago.

"Dad...you're doing it wrong." Junior giggles. "Here. Let me help..."

Georgie takes a minute to wipe his eyes. "Sorry, kiddo. Guess your old man's pipes are still bloody fuckin' working."

"What was your wedding day like, dad?"

"I've loved your mother for years. Seeing her walk down the aisle, knowing she would be mine for all eternity...it was worth the fuckin' shit in the end, Junior. You'll see Mary and feel the way I do with your mother. Love is a very difficult emotion to describe. But its the fuckin' best thing..."

Alt text

"Here." Georgie hands a picture of him and Lyla. "Take this."

Junior grabs it. "Why dad?"

"Because when times get tough and you think you can no longer do it, look at this picture. I want you to have this exact image in ten, twenty, thirty...for the remainder of your life. Look back. all because two people fell in love..."

Junior hugs his father. The former pimp returns the embrace.

"C'mon. Let's go get married..."

A piano echoed in the halls of the church. The building was full of Fables, as everyone in the peus stood. They all waited in anticipation; Junior, beside his brothers, tried to hold back the emotions. His four children, Sheila, Aubrey, Sophia and George walked down the aisle; the girls threw floors, as George carried the ring. They smiled, as Ethan took the ring from his nephew.

Alt text

The kids took a seat beside Lyla. '1000 years' continued to play, as Junior finally saw Mary; the veil covered her face, as Georgie escorted Mary down the aisle. Everyone present in that church witnessed not only history but a miracle, as the once former pimp and Bloody Mary walked down to their final destination. Georgie hugged Mary, gave his son a handshake and returned to the front beside Lyla. Junior and Mary joined hands as the music came to a stop.

"You look beautiful, Mary."

"You're not half bad either, Porgie."

Cole walked to the front, book in his right hand. For twenty minutes, the service was held before a large group of Fables. After the ceromony had ended, the couple held hands before their family and friends.

"I now pronounce you, husband and wife. Congragulations to the new couple of Fable town!"

Alt text

Alt text

As the music played on, Junior and Mary walked past the many faces; Holly from the Trip Trap, Bigby Wolf, Snow White, his parents Lyl and Georgie Porgie, his uncle Gren and aunt Carla, Uncle Hans and Aunt Gina and the various other Fables that thought negatively until today. They were finally one; Junior had his dreams come true, as the secret life Mary desired was before her eyes.

At the reception, the couple danced to 'All of Me' the song Junior swore was their life from begining to end. His children gathered around the couple, as all six of them danced. The final piece of Mary's once form was gone. Occasionally, she would join Bloody Porgie in his merry games but untl that day came, she was happy right where she was.

She was no longer afraid. Mary was free. And it all because two people fell in love.

Guest list for the Porgie Wedding

Mr. and Mrs. Bigby Wolf and children

Mr. and Mrs. Georgie Porgie; mother and father of Groom

Ariana Getty; sister and Maid of Honor to bride

Peter and Ethan Porgie; Groomsman and brothers to Groom

Penelope Porgie, Emily Porgie and Katherine Porgie; Bridesmaids to bride and sisters of the Groom

Jersey Devil; brother-in-law to the Groom. Oliver Weatly; brother-in-law to groom; Felica McDonald; sister-in-law to Groom.

Mr. and Mrs Grendel; uncle and aunt to the Groom

Mr. and Mrs. Clever Hans; uncle and aunt to Groom

Rosie Grendel; cousin to Groom. Gren Junior; cousin to Groom. Noah; cousin to Groom

George Porgie; Ring Bearer. Sheila Porgie; flower girl. Aubrey and Sophia Porgie; flower girls. Children of the couple.

In loving Memory. John Smith; wish you were here, papa but we know you're in Heaven smiling down on us. See you again someday.

Much thanks to the guests.

Alt text

"I love you, my killer psycho path. Love you more, my pudding and pie." (How we used to say goodnight.)

Alt text

"Junior LOVES his new role in Fabletown. :)"

"I have loved you a thousand years. I'll love you for a Thousand more."

"If I could give you one thing in life, I would give you the ability to see yourself through my eyes and only then will you finally see how special you are to me." -Reason why he sacraficed his freedom for Mary.

Well, that's it folks! The BloodyPorgie story has come to an end. I would like to thank those that stuck by me through this rollercoaster ride. If you have any questions, you know the drill. :) #BloodyPorgie

Coming soon to my DA. Look for updates soon. :)

Alt text

• @LupineNoir EVERYTIME I read your stories, I pictured Mr. Weasel like this! XD I hope you like it. For those that I promised a picture to, they are on their way soon. :)

Alt text

• OH! My curiosity has been taken! I'm loving Maran so far; she seems like a no holds-bar kind of girl and even if it pisses yoou off, too damn bad. Curious now about her back story and her role in Fabletown. Good work so far!

• GAH! I loved this so much! They are finally married! No more will mary question Junior; no longer will Junior have to worry if Mary will stay. The kids have their mommy and daddy! :)

I loved these images; the kids were too damn cute in their attire, that image with Mary and Junior in bed while they talk to one another through the mirrors. DAWWW! <3 The kissing picture at their wedding; that last one (looking forward to that) and that image with Lyla and Georgie. The love these two have. I enjoyed how you used the 'because two people fell in love.' Its true. Without taking a chance, none of this would have been possible.

I loved that Holly was there along with allthe others. I could picture EVERYTHING you wrote, especially the church scene. That section with Georgie and Junior, My God. Talk about feels, man! The feels! :) Ariana and Mary are getting along and that made me so happy. I'd love to hear more in the future.

I'm looking forward to the next story of the Jersey Devil and Katherine. This was wonderfully done, Pie. The feelings, emotions and the time you took to show us that EVERYONE deserves love; deserves happiness and a chance to have a life. Thank you; Mary and Junior are too cute together, the kids are adorable and I'm in love with the Porgieclan.

Chapter 29 'The Big Bloody, Porgie Wedding "Oh God, you're ugly..."(Our 1st encounter...he was perfect...) "I'd be lost wit

• I'm sure he will love it. :) I do! Mr. Weasel looks too cute unglamoured.

@LupineNoir EVERYTIME I read your stories, I pictured Mr. Weasel like this! XD I hope you like it. For those that I promised a picture to, they are on their way soon.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.