Anyone knows how to reset the language in MI:SE?

edited December 2011 in Tales of Monkey Island
Hi guys i just recently downloaded the Monkey Island game as im sure most of you have done. I know the game is made exclusively by Lucas Arts and that some of you are experienced in Steam games.

I selected the spanish language in the monkey island game as i though the voice overs would be in spanish. Now i want to reset it in english but dont know how. I would appreciate if anyone could help me reconfigure the text language of the game.

Comments

• edited July 2009
    In the Steam page they clearly say the voice overs are english only.
    For your question... uninstalling and installing again with another language selection might work.
  • edited July 2009
    In the Steam page they clearly say the voice overs are english only.
    For your question... uninstalling and installing again with another language selection might work.

I was talking about the text. I selected spanish initially since i wanted to see how it worked out. But now i want to change it back to english. Im trying ito post this in Steam forum but its a pain posting over there. So if anyone knows how to chnge the text language back i would reaaaly appreciate as im kinda turned off seeing the game menu in spanish and all.
  • edited July 2009
    All you need to do is goto your user folder (On Vista and 7 its Users)
    Then goto /[Your Username]/AppData/Roaming/Lucasarts/The Secret of Monkey Island Special Edition/
    Double click settings.ini
    And change language to 0

And play away :D
  • edited July 2009
    All you need to do is goto your user folder (On Vista and 7 its Users)
    Then goto /[Your Username]/AppData/Roaming/Lucasarts/The Secret of Monkey Island Special Edition/
    Double click settings.ini
    And change language to 0

And play away :D

and for XP?
  • edited July 2009
    It should be under documents & settings.

You may need to show hidden files and folders too. Press alt goto tools - folder options -view - Click show hidden files and folders.

!!!WARNING!!! Don't mess around with anything as there is a reason they are hidden!!! (Obviously change the settings.ini file :p)
  • edited July 2009
    Charlie the file u say its not there
  • edited July 2009
    Everlast wrote: »
    Charlie the file u say its not there

In that case it is in Documents and Settings\[Your Username]\Application Data\Lucasarts etc. etc.

Sorry it's been a while since I used XP :o
  • edited July 2009
    In that case it is in Documents and Settings\[Your Username]\Application Data\Lucasarts etc. etc.

Sorry it's been a while since I used XP :o

CHARLIE THANKS ALOT MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I LOVE YOU MAN!!!!!!!!!!

[passes a cold beer to charlie]
  • edited July 2009
    Everlast wrote: »
    CHARLIE THANKS ALOT MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I LOVE YOU MAN!!!!!!!!!!

[passes a cold beer to charlie]

[Recieves cold beer and chills] :D

EDIT: I should have asked for grog :p (Sighs at another missed oppertunity...)
  • edited July 2009
    i went to the app data then the lucasarts folder then into the SoMI:SE folder but theres only a VLC media file, a notepad file, and an 001 file...
  • edited July 2009
    nvm i figure it out xD
  • edited July 2009
    thank you charlieboy2001! :D you made my day
  • edited December 2011
    Hey Guys I just got the mokey island game on my macbook air....which runs in lion.... my brother doesnt understand english and I cannot change it through the options or settings... I NEED HELP!!!!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.