Sign for Bone 3!

Comments

• edited June 2009
    TrogLlama wrote: »
    There are 9 Bone books. 7 have been released in full color by Scholastic.
    The titles are:
    1. Out from Boneville
    2. The Great Cow Race
    3. Eyes of the Storm
    4. The Dragonslayer
    5. Rock Jaw: Master of the Eastern Border
    6. Old Man's Cave
    7. Ghost Circles
    8. Treasure Hunters
    9. Crown of Horns
    This should answer your question.
    holy crap they're up to ghost circles in color??

man i need to acquire these. i have all the books, but only out from boneville in color.
  • edited June 2009
    All of them are in colour now, Duate. :) TrogLlama's post was at the start of 2008.
  • edited June 2009
    :eek:
  • edited June 2009
    Signed.

I came for the continuation of Lucas Arts adventure games such as Sam and Max and now Monkey Island. Wallace and Gromit were a surefire buy because I love that duo, and Telltale at this point has mastered episodic adventure games. Bones and Strong Bad were secondary purchases that I mostly broke down and bought because of the $5 deal. I regret not purchasing them earlier as they stand up there with any other Telltale adventure game as well as adventure games in general. This series needs to be finished. Want my money? I will pay for 7 more acts Telltale if they even match the quality of the first two.
  • edited June 2009
    signed
  • edited June 2009
    signed

I really enjoyed the games although i haven´t even heard about the comics before.
  • edited June 2009
    Well i finally got GCR on my monkey island package and man, it was great. Imagine my shock at finding out the series didnt wrap up with it :O! (i had no prior knowledge of the bone series btw, silly me) It was a very fun game, and i definitely think they should keep it going. SIGNED!
  • edited June 2009
    Mission: Complete!
  • edited June 2009
    Signed
  • edited July 2009
    Bone (the game) turned me on to Bone (the books). What a wonderful thing. Please, please, please make Bone 3.
  • edited July 2009
    BoneBabe wrote: »
    Bone (the game) turned me on to Bone (the books). What a wonderful thing. Please, please, please make Bone 3.

Same for me...
  • edited July 2009
    It's somewhat sad that this topic is two years old now :(
  • edited July 2009
    I'd sign up for a Bone Episode 3.

Loved the first 2. :)
  • edited July 2009
    Yeah, I'll go ahead and sign. Telltale will probably either continue making them once the Warner Brothers movie hits theaters or they'll lose the rights to the games altogether.
  • edited July 2009
    I almost feel cheated by the fact that Bone: Eyes of the Storm has not yet been developed. Almost. It would be like Sam & Max stopping mid-season. The rest of the Bone books absolutely need to be adapted by Telltale eventually; if for nothing other than the sanity of us collectors.

I hereby sign.
  • edited July 2009
    Still hoping
  • edited July 2009
    It looks shoddy that a season only has 2 eps. If it had 4-5, I would buy it.
  • edited July 2009
    You should buy them because they are good adventures in the first place. The bad thing is that it leaves you wanting for some more way too soon, so you better raise you hand, or hands if you still got both, and sign for at least a Bone 3. :O)
  • edited July 2009
    I haven't played them, but I like the Sam and Max games, and I hope to like Monkey Island since the original series was so awesome and they have assistance from some of the creators iirc, and Bone was an awesome comic.. I can't see how this could possibly be bad and I for one would be interested in getting it if there was some assurance it was going to complete the story.
  • edited July 2009
    Signed. :)
  • edited July 2009
    My "OCD" for having an uncompleted series compelled me to sign, but after actually ruining through part of game one I was compelled to turn it off. Unsign.
  • edited July 2009
    I hope they do one too!
  • edited July 2009
    Signed.
  • edited July 2009
    I actually played Bone after finishing SBCGFAP and both seasons of Sam and Max. I picked up Bone as I read that it was made by the same people. I expected them to be still finding their feet, but I really love the atmosphere. There's an incredibly natural feel to the game that isn't found in their more polished titles.

I'm guessing that the original episodes could not make ends meet, but times have changed. Telltale Games is now a very popular and well-recognized studio and I'm sure that a game series by Telltale is bound to find a large audience, no matter what the original source.
  • edited July 2009
    Well i finally got GCR on my monkey island package and man, it was great. Imagine my shock at finding out the series didnt wrap up with it :O! (i had no prior knowledge of the bone series btw, silly me) It was a very fun game, and i definitely think they should keep it going. SIGNED!

If they're giving away the episodes free with their new releases, this could be a sign that they're trying to relaunch the series. :)
  • edited July 2009
    I've just started the first Bone game, and am enjoying it! I got it free after ordering the whole first season of ToMI. When the collector's DVD for W&G comes out, I'll buy the second Bone episode. I'm just enjoying everything TTG does/do.
  • edited July 2009
    Signed.
  • edited July 2009
    Well, I think we should have enough signatures by now to warrant another game don't you think?
  • edited July 2009
    Kedri wrote: »
    I'm not sure I need to. Telltale will do so soon enough, I'm sure. :)

And when is "soon enough", now? :confused:
  • edited July 2009
    Come on Telltale, be a profesional company, finish your games... I have bought the two chapters of Bone and love them. Please, finish the story...
  • edited July 2009
    I was doing my usual "try every possible URL" routine and discovered this.

http://www.telltalegames.com/bone/bone3/

I wonder how long THAT has been there.

This is a real URL, by the way. I didn't cloak it or anything.
  • edited July 2009
    I started playing TTG games when they started making the Sam & Max series, and never looked into the Bone games until after I had already played through every other available episodic adventure title in their catalog (to date), including the current TOMI Episode 1. While waiting for the rest of TOMI and W&G, I bought the Bone episodes. I think the first was a bit weak, but was a good lead-in to the excellent second episode, which definitely warrants some follow ups. However, due to the relative age of the product, I have no idea what would be involved in getting the voice actors and team back together to produce future episodes.

Anyhow, Signed.

Edit: http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3159003
  • edited July 2009
    how do i get bone the game
  • edited July 2009
    thorinhok wrote: »

The most obvious ways are from TellTale, or your digital distribution vendor of choice...

http://www.telltalegames.com/bone
    http://store.steampowered.com/sub/817/
  • edited July 2009
    thorinhok wrote: »
    In case you are from Germany (or if anybody else from Germany is interested), there is a localized (German) DVD version available that is even cheaper than the download version in most shops: Look for "Bone Gold" on eBay or at your favorite online shop for PC games.
  • edited July 2009
    Somewhere along the line, somehow, something has gone wrong - very wrong.

Telltale is a group of talented game makers out in San Francisco, who left LucasArts and started up their own company dedicated to making adventure games. These are not your typical shoot-em-up games, but games where you get to experience the world created by the game makers. Their first game, BONE: Out From Boneville, debuted last year. The new Bone game, The Great Cow Race, went live in March. These games are a lot of fun and really cheap ($12 each). While they are faithful to the comics, they have used some creative license as well, and the results are hilarious. Telltale plans a new game for each of the nine volumes of Bone.

That was back in June of 2006 ........

http://www.boneville.com/2006/06/02/telltale-games/
  • edited July 2009
    Even if I play it or not, if they make it, I will buy it, so I guess sign?
  • edited August 2009
    Yep bought both games and loved the first one. Complete Volume (book) is on its way from amazon. Signed.
  • edited August 2009
    Only bought the first one, but never to to buy the second. Not sure I will until Telltale says the series will be completed and they announce the third episode.

So, signed!
  • edited August 2009
    barchetta wrote: »
    Telltale plans a new game for each of the nine volumes of Bone.

That article isn't accurate. Telltale was saying as early as late 2005 that post-Cow Race episodes were to be adapted from selected chunks of the individual strips, making the potential third game be based on more than Eyes of the Storm, with the entire series likely coming in under nine episodes.

I do remember though, the suggestion being made that Telltale would attempt to time their releases with the release of the colorized volumes, which were coming out six months apart. Of course, the whole series is colored now, so maybe they're waiting on the next big Bone promotion to ride off of, i.e. the feature film.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.