Start a Story, be your own Fable. (Create a Fable Thread)

Comments

• Two months after the Crooked Man case Naoto and I decided to stay in the woodlands instead of moving to a different apartment building, Bigby insisted we did after helping him with the case. Naoto got a job her first day back on the NYPD Detective due to her status in Japan, she still insists I help her with cases when I don't hang around with Bigby or at the Trip Trap. But today was a special day.

"You nervous Luke? You look anxious!" Bigby laughed

"Of course I am! It's my wedding day after all!" I said

"When's the baby due?" Woody asked

"Probably around christmas!" I smiled

About a month back Naoto came home crying saying she had terrible news

"This is awful!" Tears running down her face

"What's wrong sweetie?" I asked

"I......I'm pregnant" she admitted

I gave her a hug "What are you talking about? Sure it's unexpected but it's good news!" I was extatic hair green

She sniffed "But....So you're not going to leave me? I'll look bad and ugly and-" I cut her off with a kiss

"Sweetie with the amount of stuff we've been through, you're past and present you'll always be the woman I love" I told her

She started crying even more, I just laughed and held her till she stopped

Present day

"Boy or Girl?" Woody asked

"Jesus Woody give the kid some time to think this is his day not yours" Gren said

"Nah it's fine Gren we don't know yet Woody I'll keep you posted" I smiled and began to laugh "I don't know if I'll see her in a suit or a wedding dress to be honest"

"WHAT! Why would she do that?" Woody asked

"She used to always hate to be seen as a girl. She wanted to be a taller respected man because that's what the stories all depicted detectives as." I explained "She would barely take part in the beauty pageant our junior year of highschool" I laughed "She ran when it came to the swimsuit part"

"You got some might fine taste there Luke" Georgie piped in

Georgie and I patched things up during those two months, he explained what he did and why he did it. The man was just doing his job and didn't want to get killed. That's what I told Bigby to get him out of the clear.

"Oh you're one to talk Mr. Georgie Porgie!" We all laughed even Bigby

"Hey Bigby? Thanks for being my best man" I told him

"C'mon kid don't give me that, this is my first wedding too!" He explained

After the case Bigby explained to Snow that I could help him with cases and that I should stay in the Woodlands.

"C'mon Snow, who knows if I'd a made it out of there alive if he wasn't there!" Bigby tried to explain

"And I want to keep things clear now that I'm in charge, we don't need another Crane run-through" Snow said

"Well then I want him to be appointed my partner no questions asked" He said firmly

"Why do you want him around so badly?" Snow said

"First I actually like the guy around, secondly there is something about him Snow." He began to explain "Don't you find it funny that he has ROSE red hair when he's mad and when he's sad he has your EXACT hair color? or perhaps his natural hair color is SNOW white?" He asked

"Bigby not this shit again about this supposed younger brother I have" Snow started

"Fine, but still I want him as my partner and are you going to his wedding?" Bigby asked

"Nope I have work to do." Snow said

"Alright." Bigby said

When Bigby told me I was his partner I was shocked, Naoto approved saying it could help us find our friends since I found her and Nanako during the cases.

Present day

"Well then cheers!" I raised a shot glass of vodka

"CHEERS!" everyone yelled

"Time for you boys to get ready the wedding is about to start!" Holly yelled

We got everything ready and the wedding started it was taking Naoto a while to come out......She couldnt've??? Although right as I saw that I saw her trip near the door. When she got up she looked embarrassed. When I saw her walking down the Isle my heart stopped she was actually wearing a wedding dress. she stood beside me.

"I-is this okay?" She blushed "Holly, Nerissa and Vivian helped me pick it out and I don't know, you know me I don't like wearing girly stuff." Naoto said

Still in shock I said "Sweetie you look absolutely beautiful and stunning! The fact you went out of your comfort zone and wore this for me makes me feel special" My hair turning yellow

She started to tear up, Gren started

"We are gathered here today!" He said "Yada yada yada, do you Naoto take this weird hair changing asshat to be your husband?"

She giggled "I do."

"And do you, Luke, Take this cross dresser to be your wife?" Gren said

I laughed "I do."

"I now pronounce you weirdos Husband and Wife you may now kiss the bride" Gren finished

I kissed her and we all laughed and had fun afterwords, I took Naoto home afterwords because she was tired, said thank you to Nerissa, Vivian, and Holly then went out with the guys

"Guys I should be getting home" Bigby said

"No, no, no Sheriff" Gren started "We're all hanging out and having fun together and that includes you"

"Yeah c'mon partner!" I slyly guilt tripped him

"Ugh fine" Bigby laughed

After we did some drinking at the Trip Trap we all went home.

That's all folks! A small piece today due to classwork (UGH). Bigby being friendly?! And a best man to boot?! MADNESS! Hahaha any questions or comments I'll be on my laptop so I'll answer them when I check. Can't wait to partake in the November challenge! :D

• Chapter 33

'He's a cold hearted Snake'

"He's a cold hearte snake; look into his eyes. Oh oh. He's been tellin' lies. He's a lover boy at play, he don't play by rules. Girl, do not be a fool."

"TELL ME!"

The others did not stop Jersey; he had an injured Oliver beneath his foot. The claws dug deep into Oliver's arm, as the flesh tore and blood poured out. Penny had to turn away; despite her anger towards the Viper, her feelings remained in the middle. Katie noticed her sister's behavior and grabbed Jersey's arm. Although she wanted to join her husband in the game, her sister would have to come first tonight.

"Stop, Jersey." Katie nipped Jersey on the heel. "That's enough. We need him to show us the way. Beating him to a bloody pulp sort of defeats the purpose..."

"This fucker knows where she is!" Jersey hissed, turned and stomped on Oliver's arm. "Now tell me!"

Oliver rolled over and ended in a puddle of mud. The dirty puddle felt wonderful on his wounds. Oliver looked up at his once dear friend; Georgie's eyes were glued to him, as he shifted to the side and kneeled before Oliver. Georgie reaches over, lifts the hat up and peers into Oliver's eyes.

"Where is the fuckin' place, Oliver."

"I told you. It's here! It's always 'een bloody 'ere, Georgie! I swear it!"

Georgie wiped his nose on his jacket sleeve. Everyone except for Jersey stood beside him. Lyla and the other wolves stood back and waited for their turn.

"I'm gunna ask ya' this ONE last time, Oliver. Ya' see, Jersey and I are NOT in the bloody mood ta' play your games, so I suggest ya'-"

"I TOLD ya', Georgie! She is here; Echidna is here with Hope. I swear....I can't tell ya' anymore than that-"

Georgie gave a slight nod to Jersey. The creature roared into the night, as he lunged at Oliver. Georgie stood back, as Jersey's teeth buried themselves into Oliver's leg. Oliver managed to kick Jersey in the head, causing the creature to see red.

"WHERE IS SHE!? TELL ME NOW BEFORE I END YOU RIGHT HERE!"

Penny, in horror, grabbed her father's arm; she was back into her human form, as she glared deep into his eyes.

"You can stop this! Please! If he dies-"

"-that will be one less fuckin' thing ta' worry 'bout. Go stand with your mother, Penelope."

Ignoring her father, Penny released her grip and stood before Jersey. Katie snatched Jersey's arm before his claws could end up in the side of her skull.

"Call off your beast, Katie!"

"MOVE!" Jersey struggled against Katie's grip. "Move, Penelope! NOW!"

"TALK, damn you! Don't any of you listen!? WHEN has fighting EVER solved anything, especially when it comes to THIS family!? Never! Let me ask him...just, please. Stop...."

Penny grabbed Oliver's face. She took the end of her shirt and tried to clean the blood and mud from his face. Oliver avoided all eye contact with Penny. He didn't deserve to stare into the eyes of such beauty and hospitality.

"Oliver..." Penny whispered, as she leaned her head against his. "Please. Where is my neice? Where is Hope?"

"She's too powerful, Penny. Forget it...."

"No. Not forgetting this. Where is she?"

"Her plan is devious. Evil. Hope will not have a chance..."

Jersey snatched Oliver and slammed him into a tree.

"JERSEY, NO!"

"Bein' nice ain't workin', Penny! Let ME handle this!" Jersey's noseless snout touched Oliver's face. "Now...WHERE is she!? You have three seconds-one.....two....th-"

"Only the blood of pure evil, poured onto that large boulder ova' there, will open the portal..."

Jersey glared into Oliver's eyes. "Then go OPEN it!"

Jersey tossed Oliver to the side like a useless item. Oliver landed in another puddle of mud. Georgie pulled out his knife, walked over to Oliver and sliced open his plam. Oliver yelled in pain; Katie held Penny back, as Lyla moved forward. Penny grabbed her mother's arm, as Lyla slowly turned back into a human.

"MOM! Stop dad! He's lost his fucking mind!"

Lyla ignored Penny, as she followed Georgie. He and Jersey dragged Oliver to the boulder. Jersey slammed his hand down; the blood splattered on the surface like a starving artist's canvas. The crimson red coated the rock, as a tiny portal opened in the distance. Georgie released his grip, as Jersey kicked Oliver one last time. The two wondered into the portal.

Katie grabbed Oliver and shoved him towards the light.

"Go...Now!"

Oliver did not say a word, as he marched forward. Penny remained silent, as Lyla took her by the hand and disappered into the spinning vortex of grays and blues.

Nancy was fast asleep in bed; Peter, Ethan and Malcom had stayed back to watch over the girls. Several times throughout the night, Malcom would check on the girls. He had this odd feeling something wasn't right; each time, however, all twelve were fast asleep in the room. Malcom assumed the stress and worry of Hope was getting to his head.

Marcus returned, grabbed some dinner and headed back to stand guard. Johann was too busy looking over the book still sitting on the kitchen table. While he read the many sections, Peter pulled out leftover ham and made a sandwich. He sat beside Johann.

"Hungry?"

"No. I'm fine. Thank you."

"Sure? My nana can make a bomb ass ham, which leads to bomb ass sandwiches."

Johann laughs. "No I'm fine, Peter. Thank you."

Malcom pulled out the chair, leaned over and picked at the ham. Peter took the knife and smacked him in the hand.

"Seriously, Peter....."

"You're VERY lucky my mom isn't here to see this. She would've CUT it off."

Malcom rolls his eyes but quickly stops when Johann nods in agreement.

"Its true. Penelope is VERY similar to her mother and, well, I can recall a time WAY before the twins were born, when Lyla almost cut Georgie's, ummmm....'manhood' off."

Malcom jumped back. "For picking at a Ham!?" Malcom grabs himself. "Damn, dude.,..."

Peter smiles. "So, yeah. You're lucky its me and NOT one of them. I just poke at ya' for a bit."

Johann looks at Malcom. "Josiah still asleep?"

"Yeah. All of them are out...I just, I don't know...."

Peter, with mustard on his face, looks up. "What?"

Ethan walks in and smacks Peter in the head. "Mouth shut, mister."

"YEEEESSS mother..."

Ethan kicks Peter. "I mean it! That's disgusting."

Peter smirks. "Where is my dear 'ol psycho brother at?"

"Who?"

"BloodyPorgie."

Ethan rolls his eyes. "Don't....don't call him that. He's bouncing around the mirrors looking for Echidna but there is nothing. She has them hidden or something...."

"MAN, this woman had everything planned out."

Malcom sighs. "So tired of this bullshit. I just want Hope back. I just-what the fuck does she want with her!?"

Johann jumps up from his seat. Every stares at the Butcher, who now has his hands covering his mouth.

"Johann..." Malcom reaches over. "You, uh, you okay?"

"The Black Knight...Oliver-"

"Uh, what? Johann, you-"

"EMILY!" Everyone in the kitchen glares over, as Emily walks in. Her teeth crunches down on an Apple, as she wips her mouth.

"Wha?"

"THIS! This right here! What does this mean!? Its in some ancient code and only you and Katherine can read that-"

Emily holds up her hand. "SSHH for a minute. Hmmm...." She bites down again on the Apple.

The room is silent for nearly a minute before she speaks again. "It, uh, says that only the Black Knight can defeat the face of Evil, restore all to his original place and cleanse the souls poisoned with the face of sins. The Black Knight is usually associated with death. And...so, what are you going at-"

Johann grabs the book. His face is pale, as he rubs his neck. "Penelope..."

Ethan sits up. "The prophecy..."

Emily rolls her eyes. "Oh for fuck's sake, Ethan. Not that shit again-"

"No! No...its...its true. We all...Junior, Katie, me, you-"

Johann looks off into the distance. "Only one left is..."

Peter grabs Ethan's arm. "What prophecy are you talking about?"

"We were all born with a certain destiny, something that would either make or break us as we aged."

"AND what does this have to do with what's going on?"

"To see if we, as individuals and a whole, are able to take our own fate and making them how we see fit. Like that 'war' we had with Remus...the war between the Folkers and Fables; you finding out the truth about the Sheriff, Emily becoming the next Georgie Porgie of Fabletown. Junior and his destiny to sacrafice his freedom for another to prove his love was-"

"Again, Hope-"

"-Is what will make or break the very people in this room and those she knows and loves...."

Malcom stood up. "Johann. Please...."

"Penny IS the Black Knight and she is the only one that can stop the Evil...Hope. Echidna is using Hope for-"

Malcom pushed Emily to the side and ran upstairs. He needed to get the girls and keep them somewhere safe; if Remus and his brother were capable of murdering John in his own home, the kids sleeping upstairs were easy sitting targets.

The others followed behind. Johann continued to hold the book. Before Ethan stepped foot on the stairs, he ran to the nearest mirror and called his brother. After the fifth name, Junior's head poked through.

"You called?"

"Get out here, now! We think we know that is going on, now we-"

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!"

Ethan looks at Junior. "Was that Malcom?"

Junior grabs Ethan's arm. "Let's go. Didn't sound good."

The pair head up the stairs and find Malcom on the floor, holding a Pineapple. Johann has a lamp in his, as he searches the room.

"Where are they!?"

"What is going on!? Where are the kids?!"

Peter covers his mouth. "Ivy....."

"What!?"

"She....she has the power of Illusion...fuck! They must have gone after Hope and-"

Malcom tosses the fruit to the side. "I KNEW something was wrong!"

The mighty black Wolf jumps out the window and runs into the dark. Peter transforms, as Emily mounts his back. Johann joins, still holding the book.

"Ethan, you stay here with Nana and Marcus! Junior, get in the mirror! Emily is able to decode this shit, so look for her signal! You got that, Emily? "

Emily salutes. "Yes, sir!"

"Hurry, we don't have time-"

Peter howls, as he leaps out the window and catches up to Malcom. By this time, the black Wolf had only one thing on his mind.

He quietly prayed he was not too late.

Chapter 34 soon :) Any questions, I'd be more than happy to answer them.

• This was indeed a great read during my lunch! I love that quote; looking forward to understanding the reason behind it and how this ties in with the story. :3

I like this story alot; Dr. Jekyll is a character all in himself and all the trouble facing all these various Fables mentioned is fun in itself. If you do get around to the other challenge, great. If not, I'm enjoying this one. :) Also, that vocab, dude! XD Love it!

LupineNoir posted: »

Chapter Four - 'Heaven has no rage like love to hatred turned, Nor hell a fury like a woman scorned.' The street that positively bustled

• Thanksgiving Challenge

Part two: Preperation

"Can you pass me the beans, mommy?"

Lyla handed the white bowl to her daughter, Katie, the young wolf cub, dug the spoon into the refried beans and placed a hefty amount onto her tortilla. Handing the bowl back to her mother, the other five children inhaled their dinner. Georgie finished rolling his burrito up, as he took an enormous bite. Holding a thumbs up, he wiped his mouth with the napkin.

"Verwy 'ood, ove...."

Lyla giggled. "Thank you but don't talk with your mouth full."

Peter looks over at his father. "Yeah, daddy. It's rude."

Georgie swallows the food and smiles. "You are right, son. My bad."

"More cheese, please." Ethan holds out his plate. "I didn't get enough."

As Georgie sprinkles the shredded cheese onto the meat and bean mixture, a dallop of sour cream flies past his face and lands on the floor. Snowball, their black cat, walks up to the mess, sniffs and licks it up. Georgie and the others look over; Emily again slams the spoon full of Sour cream onto her buritto.

"Uh, love..." Georgie reaches over and grabs it. "You have enough there, Emily."

"Nuh uh! I need more, daddy!"

Lyla covers her mouth. "Sweetie...you have enough. If you are STILL hungry, you may get another one, okay?"

Giving up, Emily sits down and eats her food. The room is quickly filled with the sound of crunching and satisfied tummys. Georgie pops the top of his soda.

"So, did you ever talk to your mom again?"

Lyla wips her mouth. "About what, sweetie?"

"Thanksgiving."

All six kids look up. "Are we gonna do a BIG dinner, mommy?"

"Your Nana and Papa want to have it at their house this year."

Both Penny and Katie clap. "I LOVE going over there! So much room to run around and we can change and papa has this thing and umm, he umm-"

Georgie chuckles. "Easy there, Katie. Sit down. Ya' gettin' too excited."

"He wants to hunt the Turkey this year."

Peter's eyes light up. "Can I help him, mommy!?" The boy begins bouncing in his seat. "Can I, huh huh!? Please, please, please!"

"Well, he mentioned having SOME helpers but I don't know WHO yet..."

Junior makes a sour face. "Ew. I don't wanna go hunting, mommy."

"Daddy is going."

Surprised, all the kids look over at Georgie.

"You're gunna got hunting with Papa, daddy?"

Georgie sighs. "Yup. Me, Papa, Uncle Gren, Uncle Hans-"

Penny sits up. "Uncle Gren is going hunting?" Lyla nods. "I wanna go! I'll take Junior's spot!"

"You don't have to go if you don't-"

"She can have my spot. I wanna bake and help Nana in the kitchen this year."

Georgie smiles and pats Junior on the head. "My sensitive little man....sounds good to me, son."

Georgie glares at Emily, now on her second burrito. "Ya' wanna go huntin' with your ol' man, sweetie?"

Beans layered around her mouth, Emily looks up. "When?"

"For Thanksgiving, love."

"No. Football. Food."

Georgie rolls his eyes. "Of course. Neva' mind, love."

Ethan raises his hand. "Mommy, can you make the Ham this year?"

Lyla giggles. "Wow, a request line this year for Ham. I'd love to, sweetie."

"Awesome."

"Oh, oh, oh!" Peter jumps in his seat. "Can you make the Pecan Pie and a Pumpkin pie and those candied Yams?"

"Nana is making the pies and I THINK your Aunt Gina is doing the Yams this year."

Georgie chuckles. "Wow. Gina is ACTUALLY gonna cook this year?"

"Stop. She's been practicing ALL year for this. Hans is excited to try and-"

"Good. Let ol' Hans be the Guinea pig."

Georgie wraps his hands around his neck, as if he's dying from the terrible food he just ingested. Lyla kicks his foot under the table.

"Stop it! You'll hurt her feelings!"

"Nah. I'm joking love. We leavin' THAT week?"

"Yes. Since the kids have that week off and the cub is pretty slow during the major holidays, I figure we stay the week up there and just enjoy ourselves."

The kids all cheer. "YAY!"

"Robert alright with ya' takin' RJ that long?"

All the kids look over, especially Peter. "RJ is coming with us!?"

"I have to call his daddy and make sure its alright with him. If he says yes, then he will be coming with us."

Peter burps into his napkin. "Excuse me. I hope he can, mommy."

"Me too, sweetie."

Georgie grabs another tortilla. "So, it's settled then?"

"Yup. I'll call her after I get ahold of Robert and let her know its a go."

Georgie smiles. "Sounds good, love."

Part 3 soon :)

Kind of short but I don't want to drag it too much, considering I have so many days to cover. :D The fun will REALLY begin once they reach the Smith Manor. Any questions, you know the drill.

• Georgie and I patched things up during those two months, he explained what he did and why he did it. The man was just doing his job and didn't want to get killed. That's what I told Bigby to get him out of the clear.

Let's take a minute to appreciate this wonderful section....XD

"No, no, no Sheriff" Gren started "We're all hanging out and having fun together and that includes you"

Love me some Gren, too; maybe they'll avoid going to sleep so doped on medication as they hang out. XD XD

Can't wait to partake in the November challenge! :D

Can't wait to see what your characters get into; I'm nout sure if you'll use the same ones in THIS story but either way, I'll love it. :3 Loved this section too, as well.

Tetra posted: »

Two months after the Crooked Man case Naoto and I decided to stay in the woodlands instead of moving to a different apartment building, Bigb

• And THAT'S who Lyla want's, Pie!?! IDK....LupineNoir did make a good argument...

No wonder it's dinner time with Robert - you could grate cheese on those abs!

XD

pudding_pie posted: »

XD Why did I already know you'd say that 'bout Robert. lol Glad you liked both him AND Georgie. I'm a bit worried about the Junior and Pe

• JJwolfJJwolf Banned
    edited November 2014

I know that's his daughter and all but when I read the section about how penny tried to stop Georgie, I pictured this:

Alt text

XD I know. I'm bad!

Anyways, I enjoyed this chapter. There was so much emotion and I felt terrible for Jersey; he is so distraught by his daughter's disapperance that he'll do anything to get her back. Penny needs to make up her damn mind, though!

And Georgie. You and your random weapons. XD That was pretty intense; just grabs Oliver's hand and slices it open. The blood idea for the vortex was a fun idea but I just wonder how the kids got in there without the blood. Hmmmm...I'm looking at YOU, Josiah....XD

And the scene in the kitchen. Now that had me on edge; the whole prophecy thing is fun to look at and see it all coming together. So, if I read this right, Penny is destined to be the next Black Knight and her target is.....:O No....Hope!?! Oh....my god....

SHIT! Fuck! Fuck!! No!!!!

"Penny IS the Black Knight and she is the only one that can stop the Evil...Hope. Echidna is using Hope for-"

Oh god, pie! Please don't do it! Don't....oh god, no!!!! :( This is getting really good! Fuck, dude.....that ending! Knowing what might happen!!!!

Chapter 33 'He's a cold hearted Snake' "He's a cold hearte snake; look into his eyes. Oh oh. He's been tellin' lies. He's a lover boy

• I probably should've talked about the whole Georgie get out of jail free card XD The whole Gren does everything came up in my head and I laughed out loud during one of my classes because of it. I'll be using Naoto and Luke for the story :) I appreciate it pudding_pie :D can't wait for yours either!

Georgie and I patched things up during those two months, he explained what he did and why he did it. The man was just doing his job and didn

• I loved this! I'm really looking forward to their arrival at the smith manor and how georgie will be on the hunting trip.

BTW Penny excited for her uncle Gren is too damn precious! Feels!! <3

Thanksgiving Challenge Part two: Preperation "Can you pass me the beans, mommy?" Lyla handed the white bowl to her daughter, Katie,

• Approximately one month later....

"Congratulations Harmony!" King Cole called as he hurried by. Harmony smiled, her hand instinctively reaching for her abdomen. People seem to be in high spirits, despite this still lingering crisis. After the incident nearly a month ago, the 13th Floor Witches, including Harmony, have been trying all they can to track William down.

"He simply disappeared," She remembered Elora telling her.

Harmony's hand reached for the button on the elevator, in one of her arms a large brown bag of groceries. She dreaded having to clean the apartment, cook dinner, and deal with her constantly bickering teenagers. If only....

The second Harmony entered her apartment, she nearly dropped her groceries. This was not her living room.

"TIM!" She called, frantically. "TIM WHERE IS MY HOUSE!"

She felt a hand touch her shoulder, and she swung around to meet his face. Tim was smiling, leaning on his crutch.

"It's under renovation," He explained. "I made sure the Witches didn't tell you, but I have Ozma connecting a much larger place to the doorway. Essentially, we'll have enough room for our newest editions."

Shocked, Harmony stood staring at him. "So....how long is it going to be?"

"Another few hours, they said. I wasn't expecting you to be home so soon..."

Harmony embraced her husband tightly, nearly knocking him to the ground. He just chuckled, his arms returning the hug. "Glad to be of service."

Just then, her five cublings came around the corner. Loud and obnoxious as usual.

"MOM! Tell Ash to stop pestering me," Scarlett asked. Harmony began to notice how unusually impatient her daughter had been acting. It was weird.

"Ash," Harmony tried out her sternest voice,"Stop it, now."

"But...but Mom!" Ash protested.

"No buts. I guess we're hanging out over Aunt Mary's house for a while. You guys okay with that?"

In unison, the teenagers cheered, and it wasn't very long before they were sitting in Mary's living room. Harmony and her long time best friend sat on the couch as their children chattered and instagramed and did whatever else most teenagers did. She saw very little difference between them, and normal mundy teenagers.

"Carter has been hanging out with Jack lately," Mary explained. She sipped on a glass of red wine.

"Really?" Harmony asked. She refrained from alcoholic beverage intake. "How's that going? I've never been fond of my brother, I assume it's going okay."

"Yeah, he doesn't mind it. A little tense from time to time. I think he's just figuring things out for himself. It's hard, for your biological father to suddenly take the responsibility now, when he should of at birth."

"Yeah, yeah. I mean- My dad had very little choice. People thought he was dead for Christ's sake. But Jack has always been around. I don't see why he couldn't have at least visited."

"He tried a few times, even watched him several nights during my more bleaker periods of life. Still....never sent any birthday cards."

The two turned their attention to their husbands, who had decided that dancing to this next song on the radio was appropriate.

"Do I got the moves like jagger, honey?" Hans laughed, giving his shoulder to Tim to lean on as they swayed and shimmied across the wood floor. Mary's daughters came into the room, carrying their barbie dolls and giggling at the sight of their father.

"Daddy, you can't dance," Eleanor said.

"I know, sweetheart. But I do it anyway," He laughed.

Harmony turned to Mary,"So, any Thanksgiving plans?"

"Hardly. I figured just me, Hans, and the kids."

"You should come to my house. I'm hosting this year, considering Tim had 'ordered' a bigger place. I didn't even know that was possible."

"I guess magic can do most anything," Mary replied. She stuck the glass to her lips, sipping down the remnants of her drink.

Carter waved goodbye to his cousins and his favorite Aunt and Uncle. As soon as they had left, he plopped on the couch, exhausted from the day's events. His younger sisters jumped onto the couch, sitting on either side of him.

"Do you think Mommy will take us to Aunt Harm's house?" Eleanor asked. She smiled with two missing teeth as she brushed her doll's hair out.

"Of course, Ellie," Carter said. He adored his little sisters, as if they were his own. His hand rubbed through the knots in Rachel's hair.

"Man, Franklin hasn't come out of his room all day," Mary said in the kitchen to Hans. Hans ran his hands down her back as she dried the dishes off from dinner. "Only when Harm and the kids came over. He loves being by Ashlyn."

"He's going through a tough arrangement. Only been here- What, a week? He's been house hopping and what not forever, and not many are too comfortable with him in their house. Him being a....well, yeah."

"I'm perfectly fine with keeping him. He's not too much younger than the girls, that ought to give him some one to play with. He refuses to be enrolled in school, and unfortunately Fabletown has no specific laws against that. I can't see why he wouldn't..."

"He probably feels outcasted still," Hans offered up. "I mean-" He lowered his tone,"-He killed his father. That takes...strength. Not many have it in them."

"I know, I know. I'm going to go check on him, okay? Finish the dishes?"

"No problem, love."

Mary passed the livingroom and edged down the hall. She smiled as she saw her own children getting along, and then swiftly brushed her knuckles against Franklin and Carter's room.

Getting no answer, she urged the door open. "Franklin?"

He lay on his bed, facing the bare blue walls. "Yes Mrs. Mary?"

He was so formal. Mary sat on the edge of his bed, her hand caressing his shoulder. "You okay? You seem....sad."

"I am," He replied.

"How come?"

The boy did not reply. Instead, she heard his muffled sobs. Distressed, Mary's first instinct was to pull him into her arms. She felt his skin, much warmer than the first time she'd met him, brush against her arms as he hugged her back. This was the most affection he'd shown to her or her family since he was brought in. A pang of sadness crept up to Mary. He was parentless. His mother died at his birth, as did hers. She couldn't help but relate to Franklin.

"Tell me what's on your mind," She cooed. Her hands ran through his dark brown locks as he muffled his face on her shirt sleeve.

"....I just....miss....my dad," He replied. This hit her with a wave of shock. Why had he missed this man, if he were so evil. Then, it hit her again. Not every father was like Mary's father. Maybe the man did love Franklin.

"Everything will be alright," Was all Mary could think of saying.

"Did I do the wrong thing? He was hurting Miss Ashlyn really really bad. I just-...I wanted him to stop hurting her, but he would never listen to anything I command. He never....he never listened to me."

Mary lifted him off her shoulder, then brought her hands up to wipe away his tears. "You did the right thing. Okay? You saved my family, Franklin. You did what was best."

"It doesn't feel as if I did. If it were William- If I killed William then things would be different. He-....He was controlling my Dad, Mrs. Mary."

She frowned, only slightly. Pulling him back into his arms, she said,"You did what had to be done, despite the circumstances. There was nothing else that could be done."

Franklin nodded into her shirt. He sniffled,"Thank you Mrs. Mary."

"Just call me Mary, Franklin."

He looked up at her, with wonder in his eyes. "Actually....Is it okay if I call you Mom?"

Mary smiled again. "Of course."

Tell me what you think <3 Slowly transitioning, that's for sure. I may, or may not, take a break now. Need to think about where I should go from here. Of course, there is the new challenge, although I think I want to wait a while before performing it. Meh, we'll see.

• Love those random moments when something comes to mind. I do that all the time. XD

Either way, #TeamGeorgieForever XD And looking forward to your story.

I probably should've talked about the whole Georgie get out of jail free card XD The whole Gren does everything came up in my head and I lau

• That meme, dude! XD You used it against me! lol

Anyways, I had a hard time for awhile with Penny; Ethan's destiny is STILL being played with and I'm getting close to the final project. Junior happened on accident; Peter's will happen when I cover him, Ethan and Emily in my next tale. We all saw Emily's coming true, so, you know. XD

Penny is indeed the black knight and the key to this all. How....well, you will see. :)

JJwolf posted: »

I know that's his daughter and all but when I read the section about how penny tried to stop Georgie, I pictured this: XD I know. I'm

• First off, I got like WAY ahead of myself. For a second, I seriously thought Franklin was Mary's half brother but that made no sense when I fihished half way through. They babies would be well, still babies at this point and the father was Charles and not Magnus. So, there went THAT! XD

I adore Franklin and its nice knowing he has a place to call home. Glad to see everything is semi-normal with Harm and her family. :) Excited to see where all this takes those involved. And thanksgiving. :D Looking forward to it when you do write it. :)

EMMYPESS posted: »

Approximately one month later.... "Congratulations Harmony!" King Cole called as he hurried by. Harmony smiled, her hand instinctively re

• Words cannot describe how amazing this was.

Chapter Four - 'Heaven has no rage like love to hatred turned, Nor hell a fury like a woman scorned.' The street that positively bustled

• Is Emily looking through the door at Junior and Mary, or is she looking at them through a mirror instead? Seriously, this has been making me ponder the thought ever since I saw it. XD

I'm likin' Jersey's facial expression in the group selfie on the bottom, the fullness of his mustache could fill up the entire picture frame!

But first....let's all take Selfies Note: If these offend anyone in ANY way, I'll take them down. Enjoy Sorry for the shit qualit

• edited November 2014

Oh Etan... it's fine if you admit you've died 500 times in the same area in Dark Souls.

MasterStone posted: »

Chapter 1 Etan and Daren has arrived in the realm of Asgard without setting off a disturbance. Upon their arrival, they notice a very lar

• Wow, Luke got married already? Damn, take things easy man! XD Just kidding.

Woo, another partaker in my ongoing challenges! Can't wait to see your submission!

Two months after the Crooked Man case Naoto and I decided to stay in the woodlands instead of moving to a different apartment building, Bigb

• Well Y'know with his kid on the way and they Naoto and him just got a place I figured why the hell not XD plus I wanted to build on Luke and Bigbys friendship a little bit along with the others. And give a little backstory on how Naotos doing with the move, as you can probably tell she's not one for girlie clothes so her showing up in a wedding dress is like woah! Lol I don't know I've been writing drafts and I don't think I'll have enough characters so I'll do a thanksgiving one and participate in the next challenge. :p still undecided though and will keep writing drafts though! :D

Wow, Luke got married already? Damn, take things easy man! XD Just kidding. Woo, another partaker in my ongoing challenges! Can't wait to see your submission!

• edited November 2014

I believe this is the first time I actually saw a legitimate end to your story, good job. :P One of my favorite parts had to be when you described Bigby in his wolf form, oh, and Noah and Sara's romance subplot. :3

Harmony held Ashlyn in her arms. "She's barely breathing," She whispered, rocking her sweet baby girl back and forth. "We have to do some

• That certainly explains her distrusting Snow!

okay guys this is part 2 so enjoy This is kinda about Lucy.( theres gonna be a part 3 soo) A MONTH LATER 'lucy hurry up would'ya!' '

• Linabuf seems particularly adept at sneaking! They make a fun trio; and Daren and Etan's Dark Souls chat was amusing! Plus, the Gargoyle guards seem pleasingly not too bright. :)

Chapter 1 Etan and Daren has arrived in the realm of Asgard without setting off a disturbance. Upon their arrival, they notice a very lar

• I love Gren doing the wedding ceremony! XD And Bigby's theory about Luke being her brother - he never stops being a detective, that guy. :P This was a fun chapter! :D

• the blood splattered on the surface like a starving artist's canvas.

That line conjures up a horrible image, but is descriptive gold!

Anyway, Georige and Jersey really have let themselves go when it comes to Oliver, though Oliver wasn't terribly forthcoming when Penny asked him. Also, I liked reading about Lyla's ham strictness - it's kind of funny, but you wouldn't tell Lyla that! XD

Chapter 33 'He's a cold hearted Snake' "He's a cold hearte snake; look into his eyes. Oh oh. He's been tellin' lies. He's a lover boy

• If I'm honest, using that line was a highlight of my day, too. XD

No wonder it's dinner time with Robert - you could grate cheese on those abs! This. THIS made my day! XD And dear, sweet Junior and Mary. Think Emily will think twice before just showing up.

• Thanks! :D I'm glad it makes for a good post-class break. :)

Woah! This was a good read! And right after class as well. I look forward to the next chapter LupineNoir

• Yep, delicious and intense action fun to read and write! Just like your's. :)

Delicious and intense action, just what I love!

• Thanks! It's pleasing to know it makes for great lunchtime read. :P

The focus might shift to Dr. Jekyll a bit more for the next chapter; originally there wasn't going to be quite as much trouble for the characters, but what with it being a certain time of year I keep getting inspired to add more! Anyway, I'm glad you're enjoying this, and the vocab! XD

This was indeed a great read during my lunch! I love that quote; looking forward to understanding the reason behind it and how this ties in

• If I ever get business cards, I'm printing that line on them. And I don't even know what business I'd be giving out cards for, but it just wouldn't matter.

Words cannot describe how amazing this was.

• Ah yes. Jersey's epic mustache. XD

And indeed, Emily is looking through the mirror. Not AS traumatic, should she actually be in the room.....:0

Is Emily looking through the door at Junior and Mary, or is she looking at them through a mirror instead? Seriously, this has been making me

• Oh Gren was a must when it came to leading the ceremony! XD As for Bigby I wanted to show that he likes Luke to the point he wants to appoint him as his partner but he has suspicions still as to who he is and where he came from because it's clearly not Japan. Thanks! More fun chapters ahead as Naoto and Luke will be spending Thanksgiving in Fabletown! Who will celebrate with them and what will they do? I don't know I'm still currently figuring out how I'm going to do this with so little cast members lol XD

I love Gren doing the wedding ceremony! XD And Bigby's theory about Luke being her brother - he never stops being a detective, that guy. :P This was a fun chapter!

• You're going to wing it with my line, huh? I like your style. XD

If I ever get business cards, I'm printing that line on them. And I don't even know what business I'd be giving out cards for, but it just wouldn't matter.

• At least Emily's got plenty of T 'n A (if you know what I mean) to keep her mind off the traumatic experience, should she ever need it. ;)

Ah yes. Jersey's epic mustache. XD And indeed, Emily is looking through the mirror. Not AS traumatic, should she actually be in the room.....:0

• Sounds like a plan! :)

Btw, cool story bro. XD

Well Y'know with his kid on the way and they Naoto and him just got a place I figured why the hell not XD plus I wanted to build on Luke and

• Thanksgiving Challenge

Part 3: List

The next morning

Lyla sat at the dinner table, cup of coffee in her hands, while the six cubs sat around and ate their breakfast. Each of them had cereal except for Ethan; he preferred Oatmeal with slices of Banana. As she took a sip from her cup, there was a knock at the back door.

The cubs looked up. Katie took her spoon and pointed to the door.

"Mommy, did you hear something? I think there is someone-"

"I heard it, baby. Finish eating so we can brush our teeth."

Katie gave a slight nod, as Lyla walked to the door. She wrapped the robe tightly around her body, as she reached for the knob. It was frigid that morning; you knew a cold one was on the way when you could blow clouds into the morning air. Lyla opened the door. It was Robert. In his arms, he craddled a bundle.

"How is he?"

"Sick. Swineheart checked him out. Its nothing serious. He'll have to stay home the rest of this week. I have all his work here in the red folder. If he's up to it, make him do a few pages. Honestly, I can see him sleeping all day."

Lyla grabbed the sleeping boy. "Hi baby-"

RJ looks up. "Hi, mommy." He sniffs. "My nose is all plugged up..."

Lyla rubs his head. "I know. I can hear it."

"Sure he's alright here?"

"He'll be fine. The kids will be fine, Robert. Sadly, its that time of year again; one gets it, they ALL seem to get sick."

Robert looks at his watch. "Well, I better be going. Be good, bud. See you on Sunday."

RJ looks up. "Love you, daddy."

"Love you too, bud."

Before Robert could walk away, Lyla grabs his arm.

"Hey, what about Thanksgiving-is that alright? You never called back and-"

Robert nods. "Yeah. No, sorry-it was a late night. That works out."

Lyla smiles. "Great. Well, I'll let you go than."

Robert kisses his son one last time, heads into his car and drives away. Lyla snuggles the boy closer to her body, as she walks back inside. Georgie has cleaned off the table and sent the other children upstairs to brush their teeth. He notices RJ; Georgie extends his arms out, as Lyla hands him the boy. RJ grins when he sees Georgie.

"Hello, daddy Georgie."

"Oi, boy. Ya' sound so sick."

"He is." Lyla takes out a pen and paper. "Robert said its nothing. He'll mostly be sleeping."

"Well, that's 'hat he needs, ain't it RJ?"

As RJ coughs, the other kids enter the kitchen. They stop the second they hear him cough.

"EWW! Is he sick?"

"Be nice, Penny. Your brother has a cold. But do not worry about it. You kids have your things for school?"

All the kids agree and show their backpacks.

"Okay, go with daddy."

Georgie places RJ on the floor; he walks past the other kids, jumps on the couch and falls back to sleep. Georgie leads the kids out. He plants a kiss on Lyla's lips.

"What'cha doin', love?"

"List for Thanksgiving."

"It's in, like, three weeks....."

"Remember last year we didn't get some of these things early? You know mundies and their holidays."

Georgie pauses to think back. He shudders when the memory returns.

"Yup. THERE it is...."

"Be safe, please."

Georgie kisses her on last time. "I will, love. See ya' in a bit."

Georgie leaves with the children. Lyla grabs her coffee and heads into the living room. RJ is in his true form; Lyla sits beside him, takes her free hand and scratches the back of his head. The boy coos, as she grabs the pen and scribbles down a list:

• Canned Pineapple
    • Brown Sugar
    • Cherries
    • Butter
    • Ham

As Lyla scribbles down the needed items, her phone begins to ring. The music plays loudly, as she reaches over to grab it.

"Hello?"

"Lyla!" It was Gren. "Hey, ya' busy?"

"I'm making a list for the things I'm taking over to my folks' place for Thanksgiving. I also have your nephew here. He's really sick, so I'm trying to comfort him while doing this."

"Which one?"

"RJ."

"Robert said you can have him that whole week?"

"Yup. He said no problem. You work today? Where is Carla?"

"She took the kids to school, than she is heading to the Gym with your cousin Jimmy and Gina. And no. No work for me. Ya' need me to come by?"

"Can you, please? The garage door is acting up again. OH! And bring the list Carla has made."

"You got it."

Gren and Lyla hung up, as she checked the list. She knew her mom was making pies but she figured another wouldn't hurt; perhaps she would get the things to make homemabe ice cream this year. That sounded marvelous; warm pie topped with vanilla ice cream and whipped cream. She would look at Carla's list when Gren arrived.

"Cloves."

Lyla looked down. "What baby?"

RJ sniffs. "You missed Cloves, mommy...for the Ham?"

"How did you know-"

"You were talking outloud again, mommy. I do it, too."

Lyla smiles. "Thank you, baby. Lay down, okay?"

As RJ cuddles closer to his mother, Lyla writes down CLOVES under the Ham.

Part 4 soon :)

Had time before work. If I have time later, will write chapter 34 and perhaps another part to the challenge. If not, this will be it. Preparing for our own Thanksgiving plans, too; the Mrs. and I are flying out to her parents' hometown in Florida. I wasn't too sure if she should fly this year, considering she's pregnant but the doctore assures she is fine and my GF thinks I overreact at times. XD Looking forward to that this year. :) Any questions or concerns, you know the drill. :) <3

• Ya' love me, though! XD Told ya' I'd get you sooner or later!

Looking forward to seeing how this all pans out. I know you wouldn't do anything TOO dramatic but you tend to either change things or make us BELIEVE something, then we read it and I'm like 0.o;

That meme, dude! XD You used it against me! lol Anyways, I had a hard time for awhile with Penny; Ethan's destiny is STILL being played w

• RJ <3 How adorable.

I actually enjoyed the layout of the list, for some odd reason. XD I know....lol

I love how you are taking this day by day; still can't wait to see Georgie out there hunting with the others. XD

Haha Georgie in Florida. XD 'Nuff said!

Thanksgiving Challenge Part 3: List The next morning Lyla sat at the dinner table, cup of coffee in her hands, while the six cubs s

• edited November 2014

My goodness, I've only just realised that Snowball must be a reference to The Simpsons' cat! :D

There is a mighty amount of planning involved in Thanksgiving, it seems.

Thanksgiving Challenge Part two: Preperation "Can you pass me the beans, mommy?" Lyla handed the white bowl to her daughter, Katie,

• Poor RJ having a cold. :(

Otherwise, the homemade ice cream sounds a particular delight! And Gren sure is a handy-man.

Thanksgiving Challenge Part 3: List The next morning Lyla sat at the dinner table, cup of coffee in her hands, while the six cubs s

• He looked up at her, with wonder in his eyes. "Actually....Is it okay if I call you Mom?"

That line tugged at my heartstrings. I think Mary and Franklin go very well together as a mother and son dynamic - a good choice. :) And I'm excited to find out what Harmony and Tim's new apartment is like!

Approximately one month later.... "Congratulations Harmony!" King Cole called as he hurried by. Harmony smiled, her hand instinctively re

• Lol

Oh Etan... it's fine if you admit you've died 500 times in the same area in Dark Souls.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.