The Walking Dead: No Safety is over.

EDIT: So I've been thinking a lot these past months, and I've had a lot of maturing to do as a person and as a writer, and where my priorities lie have changed. So for all 0 of you who even remember this story and care enough about the future of it, I'm announcing that No Safety is officially scrapped. I apologize greatly and I obviously never wanted it to end because I loved writing it and interacting with you guys, but there's a lot of reasons this series cannot continue.

1 - I've just got no interest in The Walking Dead anymore. I can't lie to myself or other people and act like this is a property I so heavily care about because the fact is, The Walking Dead doesn't interest me like it used to. This is really unfortunate but true.

2 - If I were to continue writing it from here on, it'd be impossible. I've improved so much in my writing ability and text layouts that previous chapters would seem absolutely confusing. Not to mention the layout I left on is impossible to continue on as a basis. The story feel strange and disjointed as is and I would go back and retcon things and fix things, but then it'd be my story. All I want is for this to be a community effort for a bunch of guys who love TWD and want to have fun with it. Which brings me to my next point.

3 - I have been unfair to you guys. I take control of the story to make my own layout too often, there's hardly any audience input or choices, I took your guys' amazing and interesting characters and I wrote my own personalities for them and didn't realistically follow what you designed them like. I put far too much emphasis on the character of Jake and turned him into a gary-stu type, and honestly he was a self insert. I'm not proud of this fact. If I could do it all again I would. And I think I will.

4 - Despite all this, I still have a very strong interest in an Interactive Story format, and writing something along with the lovely, amazing people on these forums. So I of course want to continue the format and work on a new project. And if you would like to follow me in such a thing then I'd be absolutely delighted to make something with your wonderful characters again.

You fellas are the biggest reason I've improved in writing so much and why I work the way I do now. You're all super cool and great and even if you guys have moved on from this forever and will never read this I want to have it stated on the damn record. And if you guys are interested in continuing the story yourselves, you can absolutely do that and I'd love to actively read the great ideas you all have. If I start work on a new interactive story then I'll link it here for anyone who's interested. It's been a good run guys, but I think we all should stop pretending there will be a point in which this series will be as active as it used to be. So yea, that's about it. I'm not real broken up about moving on but I'm sure the anxiety will hit me in the twilight hours haha. So anyway, I'll see you guys around. <3

Comments

• edited November 2014

Here, I'll start us off, this will be my own character,

Name: David Koffman

Backstory: I was working at Costco the day it started, i grabbed some supplies and got my wife and son out of there with my best friend, My wife is dead, My son's Name is Jake, and My best friends name is Nickolas.

Skill: Travel and Map Skills

Relationships: My Son Jake, My Best Friend Nickolas.

Personality: A Little Controling, Brave when Provoked, And Not good when people angering me.

Apperance:

Me:

Alt text

My son

Alt text

Something About me: Stealthy

• Felix Davis

Skills: great fighter and can basic med skills

Weapons: bolt action rifle and machete

Personality: doesn't get attached to anyone, but very loyal

Background: he worked in the police force for a while before it all happened. Doesn't like to talk about anything about his past.

• Name: Wilson Smith

Backstory: He was in home alone when it all started because he was sick. He never knew what happened to his family.

Skill: Run

Relationships: In the group? Mostly none

Personality: not confident , lonely , thoughtful , introvert , agressive , emotinal , moral

Appearence: black short heddle hair , brown eyes , white skin , 4,5 feet tall , thin.

Something About Yourself: Able to safice himself for the people he REALLY cares about.

• edited November 2014

Name: James

Backstory: James used to be the best runner on the High School Track team until the ZA hit the world.

Skill: Extremely fast and agile, James can outrun a horde with a limp. He is also skilled with various weaponry.

Relationships: James came to take care of two children like they were his siblings, though one is his sibling.

Personality: Very confident and loyal to everyone he trusts, but doesn't always like them.

Appearance: Tall and skinny with light brown hair, about 6'4 blue eyes white skin

Something about him: The way I'd like him to die is trapped in a building with a herd, bleeding out from a gunshot to the jugular, but managed to get the children and his killer out safely before he turns.

• Name: Zara Jefferson

Backstory: She was at his husband when it all started. The coffin started to move and his son , Ethan , open. The thing that used to be his husband started to eat his son. Some people panic and left , others tried to push off his husband living corpse (only to get also devoured by him or get bitten). She just standed there watching it. A police man came cross the place and rescued her. They meet the group and later the police got killed by walkers

Skill: Worked as doctor beofre the apocalipse so.......

Relationships: Very friendly with every people that she meet

Personality: Calm , talkative , moral , compassive

Apearence: white short curly hair , blue eyes , 5,2 feet tall

Something About Herself: Cant kill anyone

• Can we only post one character? Mine (James) sort of requires two intertwined characters (one is his sibling).

Here, I'll start us off, this will be my own character, Name: David Koffman Age: 39 Backstory: I was working at Costco the day it s

• post more than one if you want bro! it's all good, just remember you have 1 hour until the first chapter starts!

UCAAV29784 posted: »

Can we only post one character? Mine (James) sort of requires two intertwined characters (one is his sibling).

• no problem ^.^

Okay, thanks.

• Okay, thanks.

post more than one if you want bro! it's all good, just remember you have 1 hour until the first chapter starts!

• Names: Dan and Rebecca

Backstory: Dan and Rebecca had a friendly relationship before the ZA, and stuck together after the start, James in charge.

Ages: Both are 12

Skills: Before and after James' death, both Dan and Rebecca were very skilled marksmans, and are strong for their age. They are also very intuitive as a team.

Relationships: Aside from being involved, Dan and Rebecca are on good terms with James.

Personalities: Dan is loud and thoughtful while Rebecca is quiet and insightful.

Appearances: Dan is short about 4'5, has dark brown hair, has white skin, brown eyes, and inherits his brother's old jacket and stopwatch necklace. Rebecca is taller than Dan about 4'9, has long black hair, white skin, brown eyes.

Something about them: They are both very efficient thinkers, and are also sometimes the group's moral support until James dies.

• alright, writing the story now lets do this!

Names: Dan and Rebecca Backstory: Dan and Rebecca had a friendly relationship before the ZA, and stuck together after the start, James in

• edited November 2014

Name: Trey

Backstory: He was at school when the outbreak happened, he saw his girlfriend get eaten alive by his science teacher. He managed to save his brother from a walker that nearly killed him. He made it to his car and speed home where he found his mother severely bleeding from a bite on her neck by their neighbor who she managed to kill with a kitchen knife. Knowing she is going to die and doesn't want her son to have to kill her, she told him to go get their gun from upstairs and to leave her to turn and get to safety. He and his brother manage to get out of town in his car and meets up with a group.

Skill: efficient with firearms and melee weapons, agile

Relationships: Leo (brother), Mary (mother; deceased), Tatiana (girlfriend; deceased)

Personality: quiet, calm, shy, aggressive when necessary, loyal to who he cares about

Appearance: black hair, some facial hair, brown eyes, 5'9

Weapon: semi automatic pistol and knife

• sooo, jake is dead then.

Names: Dan and Rebecca Backstory: Dan and Rebecca had a friendly relationship before the ZA, and stuck together after the start, James in

• Mind if I add another character?

• hmm, we'll see how the story goes.

Judging by the name of episode 4, would it be alright to have James die in that episode? Also sorry for the apparent double post

• edited November 2014

Judging by the name of episode 4, would it be alright to have James die in that episode?
    Also sorry for the apparent double post

• nah, character sign up is closed, sorry.

mr.quality posted: »

Mind if I add another character?

• Name:Abandoned baby Age: Newborn. Skill: cry and being cute. Gender: Female. Backstory: Is an abandined baby who appear at a cabin next to 2 corpses

• Jake? Isn't that your guy's kid? James was my original character.

sooo, jake is dead then.

• oh, derp.

Jake? Isn't that your guy's kid? James was my original character.

• okay go ahead, but do it fast.

• edited November 2014

I don't think Clemyclooandbabyboo minds

• okay sweet, but no more characters for now okay?

supersagig posted: »

Name:Abandoned baby Age: Newborn. Skill: cry and being cute. Gender: Female. Backstory: Is an abandined baby who appear at a cabin next to 2 corpses

• edited November 2014

CLEMYCLOOANDBABYBOO SAYS NO NEW CHARACTERS.

JUST A WARNING.

• Nah, its fine I forgot.

okay go ahead, but do it fast.

• Its female (you put above that his name is Harry) I want to call him Laura , Hope , Fiona , Badass or Baby

okay sweet, but no more characters for now okay?

• edited November 2014

EPISODE 1: All that's Left

Chapter 1:

Trey: Hey, Zara, How's Laura doing?

Zara: She's sleeping like never before, (Chuckles)

Jake: Hey, Could you guys pipe down over there? I'm trying to sleep.

Trey: Heh, Sorry man!

Dan: Hey! Rebecca! Check out this cool thingy i found!

Rebecca: Shh! James is sleeping! Ugh, What is It?

Dan: I think its a Knife, it's really messy though.

Nickolas: Hey you two, what is that that you found?

Dan and Rebecca: Nothing!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

David: What the fuck?! Who is that?

Jake: I don't know, Lets Find out.

Stranger: AHHHHH NOOOOOOO PLEASE GO AWAY!!!!

Jake: Aw shit! Dad! We have to help that girl!

David: Ugh, Guys, Who's Gonna Come with me to help?

CHOICE AND DIALOGE TIME!

Post what you want your characters to say, and make a group descision

[Send Someone of your Choice to Help David] [Leave Woman Behind] [Let David Go Alone]

Vote here:

http://strawpoll.me/2940998

• aw crap sorry. hang on

Its female (you put above that his name is Harry) I want to call him Laura , Hope , Fiona , Badass or Baby

• Send Wilson to help David if he is with the group and if he isnt then Jack

EPISODE 1: All that's Left Chapter 1: Trey: Hey, Zara, How's Laura doing? Zara: She's sleeping like never before, (Chuckles) Jak

• okay, but the woman is not bitten, you need to make a choice, sorry, im being nitpicky here

James quickly runs over to a vantage point. If the woman is bitten, he does nothing. If she's not, he kills most or all of the walkers near her, inviting her in. He does this while David and Wilson help her.

• Run to helf her witout saying something

EPISODE 1: All that's Left Chapter 1: Trey: Hey, Zara, How's Laura doing? Zara: She's sleeping like never before, (Chuckles) Jak

• edited November 2014

James quickly runs over to a vantage point. If the woman is bitten, he does nothing. If she's not, he kills most or all of the walkers near her, inviting her in. He does this while David and Wilson help her.

• it's jake, and everyone is present.

Send Wilson to help David if he is with the group and if he isnt then Jack

• who runs to help her? sorry i just need details

Run to helf her witout saying something

• true, okay hang on. and comment whenever you have voted

We should probably have a vote section for each major choice.

• Wison , Zara just stand there doing nothing

who runs to help her? sorry i just need details

• We should probably have a vote section for each major choice.

it's jake, and everyone is present.

• I vote the Flash; James.

who runs to help her? sorry i just need details

• well duh, zara has the baby in her arms

Wison , Zara just stand there doing nothing

• And Laura cries xd And what wil jake and nicolas do?

well duh, zara has the baby in her arms

Sign in to comment in this discussion.