Start a Story, be your own Fable. (Create a Fable Thread)

Comments

• edited November 2014

Scarlett stared at the paper in her hands, given to her by Doctor Swineheart. Indeed, there was a child in her. She sat on the uncomfortable couch across the room from her mother and father, who were currently doing on ultrasound of their own babies.

"Alright, you know the drill. Lift your shirt and I'll begin," Swineheart told them. Harmony smiled, though she looked more nervous than anything. Scarlett knew she wasn't nervous for herself, she was nervous for her daughter.

"Here's the first one," Swineheart pointed on the screen. "It looks to be a little boy, Harmony."

"Yes!" Tim exclaimed. "Another son! Go on, doctor."

"The next.....a girl."

Harmony smiled at this. "So far so good."

"....Alright. It looks like you have another girl," Swineheart said.

"Ah, damn." Tim said. Harmony smacked him."You don't want your daughter?"

"No, of course I do! It's just....Men are a little outnumbered in this household."

"Well, I think you'll be happy that the last one, is another boy," Swineheart interjected. He smiled, shook Tim's hand and gave congratulations.

Scarlett's stomach leaped. It was her turn. She watched her mother wipe the gel off of her belly, standing up with the help of Tim. She wished Jackson would have come. She wished he wanted to see her again. Her heart ached in pain at the thought.

"We need to start thinking of names..." Tim trailed off. He switched places with Scarlett, and as she got up, she nervously stepped to the examination chair.

"It's okay to be scared," Swineheart told her.

Scar just nodded. "I just...want to get this over with. Tell me how many I'm expecting, how far along I am. That's all."

"It is my job, you know. Alright, sweetie. Lie down."

Scarlett scooted herself onto the chair. She kept glancing at her parents, who whispered to each other with concern on their faces. She looked up at the light, pressing her eyes closed.

After a while, Swineheart spoke. "There's only one."

She opened her eyes again, staring at the monitor. A single fetus, with tiny arms and legs stood before her. She was mesmerized. "That's....my baby?"

Swineheart nodded,"Cool, isn't it? You're about 8 to 9 weeks, the baby's growth is normal. I would refrain from changing to a Zephyr, as I've told your mother in the past, just in case, okay? Same thing with changing to a wolf. We want to keep the baby safe, is all. Here is a towel, clean up your belly real quick and then we can have a chat in my office."

Scarlett nodded again. She smiled weakly, her hands rubbing the gross stuff off her midsection. She thought again about Jackson, his black hair and beautiful hazel eyes. She remembered the night when it all happened. It all hurt to think about.

She stood, walking across the room and hugged her mother and father. She half expected Harmony to break down again and cry, but surprisingly, she sounded happy.

"I can't wait to see if you're having a girl or a boy," Harmony said.

"Better be a boy," Tim said. "We're still outnumbered."

Scarlett let out a half-forced laugh. "Right, Dad."

Harmony hesitated,"Uhm...do you want to talk with Jackson? We'll take you over to Hazel's apartment. She needs to know. Well, everyone does, really. If you want to announce it yet."

"I don't know if I want to announce it to everyone yet. But Hazel is a start, I suppose. Let's go after we talk with Swineheart."

Her parents exchanged weak smiles, holding their daughter's hands as they strode down the hallway. This was going to be one tough road ahead.

"Mommmmmmmmyyyyy," Mary heard the whines of her youngest daughter creep up above the stove. He pant leg was being pulled at as the girl stuffed her face in Mary's side.

"What? What's wrong? I'm trying to cook dinner-"

"FRANKLIN ISN'T SHARING!" her other daughter, Rachel, was yelling.

Mary sighed. She turned the burner down real low to let the stir fry simmer, and followed Eleanor to the living room. Her 8 year old sat in the living room, a scowl on her face.

"Alright, where did Franklin go?"

"His room. He took my game with him and said he wanted to play alone but I don't WANT him to play with it alone!"

Mary sighed, rubbing her face. She couldn't wait for Hans to get home from work. She scooped up the younger blond haired girl, asking her what she wanted, considering she would not stop tugged the hem of Mary's shirt.

"No one wants to play with me," Eleanor explained. "Not Rachel, not Frankie. And Carter says he's too big for dollies."

Just then, the phone rang in the kitchen. She carried her 6 year old on her hip and waltzed over, picking it up.

"Mary's residence. Mary speaking," She said jokingly. She already knew it was Harmony.

"Have you got Hazel's number? We want to tell her we're coming before we get there."

"Yeah, of course. But....why?"

"Oh, right. I meant to call you a couple days ago, but decided to wait. Erm, your brother, Jackson....my daughter, Scarlett. They've...." Mary hears Harmony sigh over the phone. "I'm just going to say it out right. She's pregnant. He's the father."

"You are fucking shitting me," Mary said. She put her daughter on the ground, twirling the phone wire in her hand. "There's no fucking-"

"It's true. And he refuses to see her now, about any of it."

"Okay, um alright. I'll text you her number-" Just then, the front door swings open, and a chorus of 'Daddy!' is heard in the other room. "I gotta go. I'll talk with you later, okay?"

"Okay. Love ya, bye."

"Bye," and Mary made a mock kissy noise in the speaker.

She turned to her husband. "We need to talk. Girls, go play in your room."

"Aw, but mommmmmmyyyy," She heard Eleanor say.

"No buts. Go." The children obeyed, so it was just her, Hans, and the kitchen.

Hans takes a seat while Mary tends to her food, making sure it hasn't burned. He watches her mix the vegetables and the chicken together in a light teriyaki sauce. She hears his stomach grumble from her spot, and laughs. "Is there ever a time when you AREN'T hungry?"

"When I'm eating," He jokes. "So, what do you need to tell me?"

"My brother," She says. "Got my niece pregnant."

"Whoa. Shit. Is that....legal?"

"They aren't related, so yeah. I suppose it is. I mean, she's my niece more through Jack, though since I'm not with him anymore, then we're really just close family friends. She is cousins for real with Carter though. Man, Carter would flip if he knew Jackson treated his favorite cousin like that. Apparently Jackson refuses to see Scar."

"Yeah, he's really protective over his family. I don't know where he gets it from," Hans says sarcastically, looking up at Mary.

"Oh shut up. This isn't about me, or him. This is about Scarlett. God....I wonder how Harmony is holding up. And Tim. They've also got babies on the way....what if they're both having litters of like...7 or something?"

"I doubt it," Hans said. "But I guess it's possible."

"Yeah, I know. Well...go get the kids. Tell them dinner is ready."

Hans stands, kissing the back of Mary's neck and heads toward the bedrooms.

Carter ducked in his room, afraid of being caught for eaves dropping the entire conversation. He made a mental note to make a real nice visit to his uncle Jackson.

For now, he would contain his anger.

Any questions, leave them below <3 I hope you are liking this. I decided to make a bold move, and well....yeah. I will be doing the challenge for November eventually, but I think I want to wait until Thanksgiving is closer. For now....you get this XD

• Yeah, thanks. The way I pictured it was that she needed a place she deserved to have. Raising 5 cubs, doing all sorts of shit....she needs a relaxing place to sleep for once :) Tim knows exactly what she likes! And yes, I actually thought of it coming in handy for William's return...which will hopefully be not too soon. I want to relish in these sweet moments <3

LupineNoir posted: »

That place sounds wonderful - might be handy for whenever William returns. Harmony sitting reading Jane Eyre in the garden is a nice image, too.

• edited November 2014

The hunt is on! I hope that Georgie won't mistake John to be a deer. (10 points if you can guess the reference) XD

pudding_pie posted: »

Thanksgiving Challenge Part 4: Getting it together After Georgie dropped off the six kids, he drove up ti his In-laws' house. As he pa

• It's awesome that Harm has the proper space to sit back and take in the atmosphere - come to think of it, she's got to spice up the place a bit by having a hot tub where the kitchen sink should be, and a shark tank by the tubs in the bathrooms.

...Nah, just kidding. XD But seriously, it's good that a witch of her position has a quality place like that. She deserves it. :)

EMMYPESS posted: »

"Well, the weather outside is frightful...." Elora lowers her car radio down as soon as the Christmas music starts to play. She hates whe

• I had to take a minute and think back; they are not really related, so that was a relief. XD Man! The wrath of Carter begins! If he's anything like his mother, Jackson better watch it.

Scarlett stared at the paper in her hands, given to her by Doctor Swineheart. Indeed, there was a child in her. She sat on the uncomfortable

• I did that on purpose, just in case people thought differently XD Jackson may or may not come around after that XD

I had to take a minute and think back; they are not really related, so that was a relief. XD Man! The wrath of Carter begins! If he's anything like his mother, Jackson better watch it.

• I suppose it's that time again....Time to list the names of the new cubs ^-^

Jason Conner

~Named for his Uncle Conner

~The Hyper One

Adeline Therese

~Named for her Aunt Therese

~The Selfless One

Jessamine Morgan

~Named for her Aunt Morgan

~The Spoiled One

Gabriel Ambrose

~Named for his Uncle Ambrose

~The Outcast

As for Scarlett....well, I have a name picked out, but I have not revealed the gender. So you'll find out soon enough :)

I hope you liked this ^-^

Wish I could draw, I'd draw the WHOLE family....but sadly, I am ungifted in that area. Unless stick figures count XD

• Not too useful if it has a short range, but still fun. XD Let's hope your classes aren't that long so we can all read on!

Tetra posted: »

Haha! Naoto is very handy she always makes objects that do special things, in the game she gives you an wristwatch that does the same thing

• Honestly, if it's some form of drawing, I would still love to see it. :)

I suppose it's that time again....Time to list the names of the new cubs ^-^ Jason Conner ~Named for his Uncle Conner ~The Hyper On

• I'm wondering, does Jackson have any abilities that we know of so far? Given who his father was and all.

Scarlett stared at the paper in her hands, given to her by Doctor Swineheart. Indeed, there was a child in her. She sat on the uncomfortable

• Hmm, I think Jessamine is my absolute favourite, but you've got a good bunch of names going here. :) I already feel sorry for and wonder why Gabriel is an outcast. :P

I suppose it's that time again....Time to list the names of the new cubs ^-^ Jason Conner ~Named for his Uncle Conner ~The Hyper On

• Chapter 34

'Nowhere left'

Hope sat in the cage, as Echidna dangled Josiah over an open pot. Romulus held a sharp dagger to the boy's arm; he sliced the edge of his skin, as blood trikled down. Drip Drip Drip The echoing of the blood rattled in the metal pot, as Echidna pulled the screaming infant into her arms. She craddled the boy, as Remus and Romulus opened Hope's cage.

"Don't fight them, sweetie." Echidna cooed, as she tried to calm Josiah down. "The more you struggle and fight us, the worse its going to be for you."

Hope thrased in the brother's arms; Romulus managed to hold her arms back, as they carried Hope to a Marble table. Candles surround the slab of rock, as Romulus tied Hope's arms down. Her sisters, all caged and locked away, scrambled to get a view of their sister. Bella roared into the night, as her clawed hand tried reaching for Echidna.

"LET HER GO!" Bella continued to roar, as she gnawed at the bars. "Release my sister! Please! You don't have to do this!"

Echidna cackled. "Oh, my dear sweet child. You are too precious with your pleas....."

"What do you want with her, with Josiah!?"

"Your father and I had a deal. We were going to take this city down and control all the Fables dwelling within these walls. We almost it; the Crooked Man was on OUR side, as your father managed to get on his better half. While that whole circus was playing out, I completed the finishing touches to our plan..."

Romulus grabbed Hope and wrapped his fingers on the girl's leg. He giggled when she began to cry.

"Oh, boo hoo, ya' little brat! You should've listened to us and maybe I'd had gone a little easier on you!"

Remus turned away; he didn't want to hear the grusome details, as Romulus' laughter roared in the room. Josiah finally managed to settle down, as Echidna placed him in a basket.

"Now now, my dear Romulus. You had your fun. Now, let me finish what needs to be done..."

Bella throws herself against the bars. "STOP! You can't do this!"

Echidna smiles. "I can, my dear Leeds girl and I will! You all think you're so much stronger, so clever...your father thought the same thing until he decided to lead this world down a different path. We had it ALL planned out....and because of your grandfather, everything went to shit and back!"

Echidna grabbed Hope's arm and held it against a Ruby stone. Pandora's box stood beside Hope's head, as it vibrated and glowed on the table. Romulus and Remus stood back, watching Echidna's plans unfold. Bella looked over at her other siblings; Gianna was mumbling to a window, as several winged creatures threw themselves against the glass. Their loud chirping and scratching of feet could be heard from within. Sighing, Echida points to Remus.

"GO see what the comotion it out there!"

Remus steps own and heads to the window. He peers through the glass and notices several clusters of Bats flying around the window.

"Well!"

"Echidna, they are....there are Bats out here and-"

"Well, get rid of those pesky vermin beasts and get back here so we can finish this! Romulus-help him out!"

Bella and the others watch as the Wolf brothers open the window and attempt to rid the Bats. Gianna looks over and smiles; Bella knows all too well what that means, as Madeline begins to chant in the darkness. She waves her hand, aims to the open window and watches as the rain suddenly appears and pour into the room.

Taken back by the sudden strange events, Echidna places Hope back onto the table and walks over to the brothers; they struggle to keep the window closed, as the rain pours directly onto their face. Remus begis to cough and gasp for air.

"The fuck is this!?" Echidna looks around. "Where did this rain and Vermins come from!?"

Romulus violently coughs. "There is some powerful shit going on here!"

Echidna looks over at Hope. "YOU-"

Hope looks up. "How can a Mundy produce something like-"

Echidna grabs the girl and pins her against the Marble. "Don't you play stupid with me, girl! I KNOW what your father is capable of and I KNOW you Halfers have the ability to create shit like this!"

Hope sticks her togue out. "Well, you're wrong this time!"

Echidna hisses. "You little devil you-"

Hope smiles. "Bitch!"

Echidna slaps the girl in the face, causing Hope to roll off the table and against the basket containing Josiah.

"HOPE!" Bella presses her face to the bars. "RUN! You need to run and-"

Romulus kicks the cage, causing Bella to fly back. The other girls capture their sister just before her body could hit the ground. Bella glances at Abigail.

"Abby, I need you to move that box from the table, okay?"

"But Bella, what if they-"

"Just do like you used to when we played Baseball or when our Frisbee was stuck on the roof!"

Abigaila nods, as she cowers in the corner and attempts to move Pandora's Box.

"Ivy, create an Illusion to distract the Wolf brothers; those idiots will fall for ANYTHING and I need them distracted JUST enough for the rest of us to get Hope....."

Ivy heads to the opposite side of the cage and eyes a vase full of Daisies not too far from the table.

"Georgia-" Bella motions for her sister. "Get over here."

The Georgie-look alike crawls over to her sister. She tucks a strand of long black hair behind her ear.

"The candles need to be a BIT brighter, don't you think?"

Georgia smiles her tradmark Porgie grin. "Hmmm. They do, don't they?"

Bella pats her sister on the back, as Georgia focuses on the candles lighting the room. She turns her attention to the other girls; Laura and Alive nod, as they head to the other end of the cage. Maddie continues to allow the rain to pour, as several more Bats are joined by hoardes of Owls.

"The fuck is going on!?" Remus grabs a candlestick and swings it at the animals. "Where the fuck are they all coming from!?"

Hope grabs Josiah from the basket; the boy looks up and bares his toothy smile. Hope craddles the boy close.

"SSHH! You have to be VERY quiet for me, Josiah..."

Hope takes her cousin to the large wooden doors and looks for a way to open them. Romulus looks over and notices Hope. His eyes glow to a dark Amber color, as he snarls and bares his teeth.

"YOU!"

Echidna, still taking down Owls and Bats, looks over; Hope notices her stares, as she tries to avoid Romulus now attempting to tackle her.

"GET HER! These-FUCK!" Echidna swats down a Great Horned-Owl. "These god damn birds!!"

Remus looks over at Gianna; she automatically noticed the concern in his dark gray eyes, as a candlstick slams into his skull. Remus drops to the ground, as Echidna kicks the limp body to the side. Her hands are layerd in blood, as the last Bat is torn apart by her hands. Romulus manages to capture Hope, as he pins the girl against his chest. Josiah, still on the floor, kicks and screams.

"Shut him up....we got what we needed from him..."

Romulus pulls out a gun and aims it at the boy. "What a shame...Oliver wasted his time protecting you. And for what?"

Romulus cocks the gun, laughs and before he could pull the trigger, Hope yells.

"STOP!" Everyone looks at the girl. "Don't....don't kill him. He's just a baby....please. You want me. They didn't do anything."

"Hope no!" Bella pleas to her sister. "We can figure this out-"

Echidna smirks. "Oh you Fables and your weaknesses..."

She slitters back to the table and grabs Hope. Hope's face is stained with tears, as Echidna places the girl back on the table. She strokes her hair; Hope sniffles, as she watches Romulus pick up the boy.

"Dear, sweet Hope...you and your sisters are too clever for your own good. Most girls your age play with Barbies, makeup and dress-up. Instead, you have to deal with shit like powers...."

Echidna looks over at the caged girls. "I'm begining to see what is taking place here. The birds, rain...the lights...."

The flames flicker, as Georgia tries to control their glow. When she notices Romulus' glare, she stops.

"Hello, Georgie....er, I mean, Georgia. Hm. Seems too familiar. Just like your grandfather....."

"Leave her be, Romulus." Echidna takes out the dagger. "You are too much like them, Hope. Sacraficing for family and love."

Hope looks down. "Please. Don't hurt my sisters or cousin. They did nothing..."

Echidna smiles. "Fair enough, Hope. That's a very big girl decsion you made....coming with us without a fight..."

Echidna opens Pandora's Box; the room is filled with screams, gray and blue colors; the swirl around the room and hover over Hope's head. The shrills send shivers down her spine. A skull swoops up to Hope's face and smiles; his dark empty eye sockets stare into Hope's soul. He reveals her pure soul to Echidna.

"It's beautiful...the innocene. The purity. The very thing needed to complete my plan..."

Echidna grabs Hope's arm an holds it over the pot. Inside, Josiah's blood waits.

"Soon both bloods of innocence will colide and create an empty portal to all within. I will unleash the evil within and soon you will be our weapon to control the very people in these walls. Jersey will regret having me wait for so long...leaving me to deal with this all alone."

Echidna slices Hope's arm; the blood dribbled down and into the bucket. As Echidna did this, Remus dug into his pocket and fished out a key. Bella noticed this instantly.

"Remus-"

"SH. Keep quiet. I will just get you girls out and-"

Like in slow motion, Bella mouth the words 'Look Out' as a fist came crashing down onto Remus' skull. He dropped the key, as Romulus picked it up and dangled it before the girls.

Echidna allowed Romulus to tie his brother up. "Damn shame...he was such a good helper. Nice try, Remus. You really had me fooled."

The box began to glow red, as several more evil intities swirled around and buried themselves in Hope's body. Echidna released her grip, as Hope's body was lifted into the air. Skulls and colors continued to enter her body; her eyes became black and hallow, her laugh deep and her body now containing the very evil from the box.

Echidna cackled, as the girl floated back to her side. The Leeds girls sat back and in horror, watched what little innocence was sucked out from their sister's body. Josiah, now in wolf form, whimpered and tried reaching for Hope.

"Now, my dear child of evil." Echidna stroked her hair. "Who are we going to kill first?"

Hope looked out the window. "Sheriff. Snow...Cole..."

"THEN, who do we finish off?"

"Georgie Porgie...the Folkers...The Jersey Devil..."

Echidna smiled, as she grabbed the box and spun around.

"Yes...YES! It's working! Its working! I HAVE the power!"

Outside, the vortex opened; Jersey and the others walked through, carrying Oliver in their hands. Jersey was the last to exit. As he found his way through the darkness, he found everyon looking up. the sky was a dark purple, as red clouds and demon flew over the building. Jersey fell to the ground. His heart sadly knew what had taken place.

"No...." Tears formed in his eyes. "No...Hope...."

Malcom, Peter and the others found themselves standing beside the others.

They were too late.

Chaptr 35 soon :) Any questions, you know what to do. Wasn't going to write today; no work today and moving this weekend but I needed a break. :)

• Oh shit! Remus tried to help the girl!

I think it was neat the girls tried to save ho.

I hope now that the others are there they can stop this from happening. Makes me wonder what jersey really did for echidna to be that angry.

And little Josiah! I'm curious with the whole black knight thing. You better not kill off my hope!!! I loved this! So dark and twisted!

Glad to see you will continue this. :)

Chapter 34 'Nowhere left' Hope sat in the cage, as Echidna dangled Josiah over an open pot. Romulus held a sharp dagger to the boy's a

• JJwolfJJwolf Banned
    edited November 2014

Edit: never mind. Got my answer

Honestly, if it's some form of drawing, I would still love to see it.

• Him and his sister, Ava should have the same or similar abilities as Mary :)

I'm wondering, does Jackson have any abilities that we know of so far? Given who his father was and all.

• I really liked the name Jessamine :) Saw it in a book I recently read, so I was like "Must name one Jessamine" XD

I'm still working on personalities for them, though it'll be a while before we see them in action, I suppose. I figured I'd base Gabriel on Bigby some what, Bigby being an outcast for the majority of his life. Though, the reasons for him being outcasted might be different.

Hmm, I think Jessamine is my absolute favourite, but you've got a good bunch of names going here. I already feel sorry for and wonder why Gabriel is an outcast. :P

• So no one can post images that has to do with their fable or is it just pie?

I just want some clarification; so of we write a story we can't post an image?

Thanks for understanding, man!

• Thanksgiving Challenge

Part 5:Shopping

Georgie headed back to Fabletown; his belly was full of eggs and coffee. In his pocket, he clutched the list for Lyla. He pulled into the driveway and noticed Gren. He was covered from head to toe in grease. When Gren noticed Georgie, he paused, wiped his face and headed over.

"Hey, Georgie."

"See you got the message. Anything too bad?"

"Nah. The coils near the opening and towards the back needed to be replaced. And the oil. Other than that, it ain't too bad."

Georgie sighs. "Thank God. Ya' know, with the holidays coming up, I wanted to make sure everything was secure and ready."

"You going over to John's place? Carla tells me he wants all his son-in-laws to go hunting with him."

"Yeah. I, uh, 'now 'bout that, Gren. He seems excited and, well..."

"Lyla?"

Georgie nods. "Ta' be honest, I was going to decline the offer but she was so 'appy to know her father asked ME to go huntin' with him."

Gren smiled, continuing to wipe the grease. "Well, look at it that way. Reason why I'm going. John is FINALLY coimg 'round to the idea of his daughter and I together."

"After 'ow many kids?"

Gren snorts. "Eh. That's a male Wolf for ya'...."

Georgie offers Gren a cup of coffee or hot tea but Gren turns the offer down. After a long embrace, Georgie finds himself in the house. Lyla sits on the couch, knitting a sweater. Under the covers, Georgie notices a gray lump. A finger to her lips, Georgie carefully lifts the edge up and peeks in; RJ is fast asleep, his head resting on Lyla's leg.

"How is he?"

"As good as he can be..."

"Your mom has another request. If you could make the stuffin' this year?"

Lyla smiles. "Sure, I just need to call and fi-"

Georgie hands her a paper. "She, uh, made me take the needed ingredients down, so...."

"You go see them?"

"For a bit."

Lyla smiles. "Good."

Lyla tries to sit up. "I need to go to the store and-"

"I can go..."

"Are you SURE Georgie?"

Georgie pauses to rethink her question. Was this a trick?

"Yes..."

"Well, the list is by the phone. Oh-and could you pick up another gallon of Milk and bread, please? Do not get canned Yams. Make sure to check the Ham and for heaven's sake, watch the traffic."

Lyla kisses Georgie, as he grabs the list and heads back out. Gren lifts his head up; grease smearmed across his cheeks, like he's preparing for an upcoming battle.

"Where ya' off to, Porgie?"

"Grocery store."

"Need some company?"

Georgie looks up and down. "Uhh...no offense but...."

Gren smiles. "Nah. I get it. Have fun."

Georgie gets into his car, turns on the engine and drives away. 'Wannabe' by the Spice Girls played in the car. Georgie tapped on the steering wheel, as he weeved in and out of traffic.

'If you wanna be my lover, ya gotta get with my friends. Make this last forever; friendship never ends...'

Georgie danced in his seat, as he pulled up to the grocery store. A woman and her young son watched the man in the bowler hat step out and head to the store. Georgie grabbed a cart and headed to the produce section.

"Yams...Yams...hmm..."

Georgie looked up and down until he came to the Yams; he grabbed several decent ones, as he headed to the deli. The man at the counter looked over.

"May I help you?"

"I need five good Hams, sir."

The Deli clerk grabbed five Hams, wrapped them up, placed a sticker on each and handed them to Georgie. He placed them in the cart and headed down the ailse. Everything looked different to Georgie; usually Lyla was the one grocery shopping and she had the stores mapped out from begining to end. She knew where the canned goods were, the drinks, produce and almost everyone that worked there. As Georgie walked up and down, people would stop to stare.

Georgie walked over to the next aisle; he was a bit uncomfortable with the glances, so he headed down another section and looked at the baking supplies. Lyla needed Marshmellos, so he grabbed a bag and threw it in the cart. Georgie grabbed the corn bread mixing and returned to the produce section for the Celery and Garlic.

"Huh...." Georgie wasn't too sure. Canned or fresh? He dialed Lyla's number. "Uh, love..."

"Yes, sweetie?"

Above, 'Rockin' around the Christmas Tree' played. "Ya' want fresh Garlic or-"

"Fresh. God forbid I get canned..."

Georgie chuckles. "There are so many people..."

"You alright, sweetie?"

Before Georgie could answer, he notices and elderly lady head to the cranberry section. She opens her bag and takes the remaining bunches. Georgie looks down; that was one of the items he needed and completly forgot. Georgie ran to the lady.

"Hello, Georgie...hello!"

Georgie grabbed the bag. "Uh, excuse me but I need these and-"

The lady glared at him ."Fat chance, sonny! I got these fair and square!"

"Ya' need THAT many Cranberries, lady!?"

The lady poked Georgie in the belly. "Show some manners, young man!"

She managed to poke Georgie in his scar; in pain, Georgie grabbed the mark, as the lady laughed, tossed the bag into her cart and walk away. Georgie looked up; his eyes remained on her, as he gathered his cart and followed the elderly lady. She noticed Georgie; her cane 'accidentally' knocked into a pyramid of canned beans. Georgie watched as the tower fell to the floor.

"See if you can beat that, sonny!"

Georgie released his grip on the cart; it rolled into the shelves, as he jumped over the cans and headed for the lady. She noticed Georgie was still on his feet.

"So, you CAN run, eh Porgie?"

Georgie was stunned she knew him, as she turned the corner. Georgie was hot on her trail.

"Seriously, ya' need ALL those!?"

"What you gonna use them for, huh? Get the canned-"

"No! You bloody get the canned!"

The old lady smiled, as she tossed the bag over her head. Georgie looked up, not noticing her cat-like relexes, as she lept over the unsuspecting Fable and landed on her feet. Georgie, mouth opened, watched the lady run down the aisle. In his final attempt, Georgie ran around the store, dodged several large groups and found the elderly lady in line. Georgie managed to hide behind the candy section, sneak his hand through and opening and grab it.

"Come back here-"

Georgie ran back to his cart; he grabbed it, ran to the Ten items or less and began throwing his items on the belt. The cashier looked up.

"Cash or Debit?"

Georgie took out two twenties. "Cash, cash! bloody hurry up!"

The cashier folded her arms. "Uh, sir. Here in America we say a little something called 'please.' Now, I don't know what they do in England but-"

"Fine fine! Just...please hurry!"

The cashier took the money, as Georgie grabbed the bags.

"Keep the change!!"

Georgie, bags in hand, ran out the door. The Elderly lady was right behind; he was surprised to see a woman of her age and built able to catch up. Until he noticed the tail slightly exposed in the back; Georgie smiled, as he made his way to the car. He paused to catch his breathe.

"Maddie...."

The Eldery lady looked around; when no one was present, she slowly turned back into her former self. The Witch smiled.

"Georgie..."

"What was that all 'bout?"

"See if you really are prepared for the holidays. Nice. A+ from me."

Georgie rolls his eyes. "Yeah, well...thanks..I guess."

Maddie smiles. "Lyla at home?" Georgie nods. "Hm. Perhaps you should leave the shopping to the professionals. See you around, Porgie. Happy Holidays."

Georgie was still slightly confused; it was never a dull moment when he stepped foot out of his home. He'd have to tell Lyla. And all for Cranberries.

He'd take her next time there was Grocery shopping.

Part 6 soon :)

• Love the names, especially the last one. I wonder why he's the outcast.

• I THINK I know what movie you are talking about. Drawing a blank, though. LOL Something like that will happen but a bit more comical. lol XD

The hunt is on! I hope that Georgie won't mistake John to be a deer. (10 points if you can guess the reference) XD

• I don't even know how to my self, lol but they just going to improvise.

Oh, man, I swear I learnt this in the fourth year of secondary school. Let's see, laying mouse traps is for catching Hydra -- erm -- a fresh

• Just puddin', as he already explained to you.

JJwolf posted: »

So no one can post images that has to do with their fable or is it just pie? I just want some clarification; so of we write a story we can't post an image?

• edited November 2014

Gobble Gobble Die...

Chapter 3

"So uhh, how are we going to catch a two story bird, that breaths fire, Etan?"

"Since we need it alive, we cant just kill it.. This will prove to be quite the challenge indeed."

"Gentlemen may I make I suggestion, why don't we just provide some bait for the beast. Then once it's distracted, we catch. I beleive I can conjure up a proper binding spell."

"Sounds good Lina. Now who will be that bait we require?"

Etan and Lina both stares at Daren.

"What? Why me?"

"Don't worry Daren, you won't beat eaten by the evil turkey. Besides, me and Lina are the only one who knows who to use spells.."

"That is the sorriest excuse I ever heard..."

"Look gentlemen, the bird approaches!"

The two story turkey comes strolling by, while the trio hide behind rocks waiting. It then takes a look around before devouring nearby animals in a single bite.

Qlip glip wobble GOBBUUL!

"Alright Daren, get into position. As soon as that thing see you, run like hell. While me and Lina prepare the binding spell, and try not to lead it to far away either."

"You are asking for a bit much, Etan."

"Just, stay alive. God, it is not that hard."

The giant turkey, hears Daren and drops the remainder of its meal and turn towards him.

Qlip..gob gobble?

Alt text

"Umm, hi..."

It then shoots fireballs directly at him which he dodges just in time. Daren then transforms into his werecat lets out a ferocious roar."

"For god sake Daren, don't kill the damn bird!" Etan yelling

"Well I'm trying not to get killed my self!"

QLIP GOBBLE, GOBBLE!

It fires again, and again and again. Then in frustration it chases after him.

"Nearly finish just keep buying some more time Daren!"

"It's done gentlemen! Now get back here!"

Daren tries to lead the monster bird back to have it capture, but as soon as Daren makes it to safety. It stops, then begins to flap it's feathers.

"Oh... my...god."

"Gentlemen, have you ever been in a tornado before...." Lina ask.

"No..."

"THEN MOVE YOUR ASSES!"

As the tornado begins to form the trio move the hell out of the way as quickly as possible. But Lina, notices the monster bird went back to eating. She uses this as her advantage to catch the bird.

"Lina! What are you doing, these winds are too strong."

"Don't worry Mr. Etan. I have an idea!"

"Lina flies around the tornado, avoiding all of the debris being tossed at her. The winds begin to pick up while the turkey continues to enjoy it's meal. Lina, then see;s a small opening in the twister then begins to cast a spell while airborne, completely ignoring the pressure of the winds.

"THUNDERUS BUFFERUS!"

Lighting fall from the sky and causes the tornado disappear. The monster turkey then watch in confusion as everything unfolds.

GOBBLE ?

Lina then cast one more spell binding the large beast and finally capturing it.

"Well, that was fun. Gentlemen, we should return to Gargoth, so we can get the hell out of here."

Etan and Daren are then speechless after witnessing, Linabuf power.

TBC

My next chapter will wrap up this story. But I have yet to completed my November challenge!

• It's from a tv show, actually. I'm sure you've seen this from Family Guy at one point or another. :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MC9PTsDbN1I

FYI: this pokes fun at the real life hunting 'incident' Dick Cheney had with a Texas lawyer back in 2006.

I THINK I know what movie you are talking about. Drawing a blank, though. LOL Something like that will happen but a bit more comical. lol XD

• Yeah she gives it to you on christmas eve if you romance her, she then asks to sleep over then it cuts to black and says watch is less than 1m haha! XD

Not too useful if it has a short range, but still fun. XD Let's hope your classes aren't that long so we can all read on!

• Thanksgiving Day 12:00A.M I woke up covered in sweat screaming.

"Hey what's wrong dear!?" Naoto asked

I tried recollecting what just happened, I was dreaming that I was standing in a room drenched in blood I tried saying something but words wouldn't come out and I heard people talking.

"HAHAHA! So this is the work of "Death" himself?" The man cackled

"He does just about as good of a job as I do! Look at all the blood! He tore them to pieces!" The woman was pointing to me

After that I woke up screaming, I told Naoto the dream I had.

"Most interesting but today is thanksgiving lets investigate it after okay?" She sounded confident in her abilities

I laughed "Nothing phases you huh?"

She laughed as well "Of course I am the best detective in Japan" she boasted

"Alright get some sleep" I smiled

She nodded got closer and slept.......In the morning.

"Hey Luke? While you go out to get everyone could you please go shopping? I have a list of everything I need from the cookbook." She said handing me a gigantic list

"Honey? Aren't you going a bit overboard?" I laughed

"NO! Of course not I just want to be sure we make a good impression with everyone!" Naoto said

"Okay" I smiled "Just wondering"

I left so I decided to head to the business office to get Bigby, I knocked

"Bigby? You in there?" I asked

"Gimme a sec and I'll get ready, got some paperwork to finish."

five minutes later

"Alright ready Luke? Say where are the others?" Bigby asked

"We're picking them up on the way, I got a surprise for them" I held up the shopping list and laughed

"Oh yeah speaking of surprises I got one for you too." Bigby said

"Huh? How thoughtful!" I said

"Yeah yeah save it let's go" Bigby said

After that we headed to the Trip Trap

"Molly? Gren? Woody? You ready?" I asked

"Oh Woody is still in holding, he's NOT getting a get out of jail free card like Georgie did" Bigby said

I remembered that Georgie probably should've been thrown down the witching well along with The Crooked Man, luckily for him Nerissa came in and said it was The Crooked Man who killed the girls to back up my statement. It was a good thing Bigby came to his senses.

"That's okay Bigby I think he needs some time to think anyways." I said

Gren and Holly came out of the bar

"We're ready" Holly said

"Okay we're going to The Pudding and Pie next to get the others" I said

They agreed and we went to The Pudding and Pie. I knocked

"Hey guys you ready?" I asked

When they came out they were well dressed while we were in our casual clothes

"Oh shite don't tell me, I dressed like this for nothin?" Georgie said

I laughed "No of course not!"

"Good, now can we get goin then?" Georgie said

"Not yet" I held out my list of stuff "We kinda need to get the ingredients for the feast!"

"You got to be fuckin kidding me!?" Georgie said

"Oh c'mon Georgie" Vivian said "It'll be fun!" She smiled

He crossed his arms and grunted "Maybe for you but you lot love to shop"

"Ugh you're such a kid" Nerissa said

"Alright can we get going now?" Bigby said

Everyone agreed and we left to the store after running around trying to get everything we met up at the check up counter

Out of breathe I said "Did.....we get everything?"

Bigby seemed to be enjoying himself for some reason as he had the most in his cart and completely unfatigued "You guys are so slow"

"Wow Sheriff I didn't know you were capable of having fun" laughed Gren

He laughed "Only when I'm off duty"

I realized we were missing the turkey "Hey where's the turkey?"

"I got it covered Luke don't worry" Bigby said

Is that the surprise? Did he go hunting? Shaking it off I nodded after we checked out we got back

"Hey sweetie I'm back!" I smiled and gave her a kiss

"Gee took you long enough I finished a whole detective novel" She said

"How're you and the baby doing Mrs.Shirogane?" Bigby asked

"Good, to be expeected I guess" She smiled "I appreciate it"

"Hey where's the Turkey?" Naoto asked

"It'll be here in a bit!" Bigby said

We unpacked everything and the girls insisted on cooking and told us to relax.

"So what're we supposed to do now?" Georgie said

I didn't have any TV yet or anything that entertaining

"We catch up, talk about what we've been doing"

"Oh yeah cus we haven't seen each other in SO long." Gren said

I heard knocking at the door

"Hey Luke can you get the door?" Naoto said

I opened the door and to my surprise it was Snow.....and she brought the turkey!

"Snow? What're you doing here I thought you had work!" I said my hair turned green

"Well I didn't have as much as I thought I would, plus I need to talk to you and for you to file some paperwork." She said

"Okay" I didn't ask any questions "Look Naoto Snow showed up with the turkey!" I said

"That's good news dear!" She was happy and gave a smile

"I'm going to go and do some paperwork with her, it'll take five seconds" I said

She laughed "Okay."

We went into "My Office" a small desk in the living room

They were the documents to be a Fabletown citizen

"Now I want the full truth when you fill this out" Snow said

I laughed "After everything you and Bigby has done for my family? I'd never lie."

"Okay then tell me where you're from" Snow said

"Well to be quite honest I don't know myself....." I started hair turning blue "When Naoto and the others found me I was just living on the streets with nowhere to go, I didn't even know how I got there." I said "But they took me in and treated me as family they even got me adopted!" I said

"Hmmm okay" Snow was listening

"I wish I knew the full details of who I really am....I'm sorry Snow" I said

"That's alright." She said taking the paperwork "I'll file this when I get back, I'm going to go help the women"

I went back to Bigby and the others "Okay Bigby how'd you pull it off?" I smiled

"Well it wasn't easy. I'll tell ya tomorrow it's getting dark and I think dinner is almost ready." Bigby said

"I think we did a good job!" said Nerissa

"Yeah the guys'll LOVE this!" Holly said

We walked in and there was so much food that there was still some left on the counter! We ate had a great time everyone was laughing telling stories. We drank a bit and then everyone went home. Hopefully I can sleep tonight......

That's all guys! I decided not to do the Thanksgiving challenge due to lack of cast and I couldn't think of anything spectacular to do so I apologize ;p Any questions or comments feel free to speak your mind and I'll answer as quickly as I can! :D

• Epic moment, good sir. XD Make me laugh like a tard when I played it....:P

And indeed. Won't be THAT brutal but yes. Comical perhaps. lol And I remember hearing about that. Haha thought he was a Deer or something like that.

It's from a tv show, actually. I'm sure you've seen this from Family Guy at one point or another. :P http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MC9PT

• LMAO That picture just totally freaked me out but in a good way! XD

Etan sure has a lot on his plate this holiday season!

MasterStone posted: »

Gobble Gobble Die... Chapter 3 "So uhh, how are we going to catch a two story bird, that breaths fire, Etan?" "Since we need it ali

• I liked it a lot because it was nice seeing everyone together, like it should be; just a group of people hanging out, eating and drinking. Luke seems like a real chill kind of person; he and Gren would be wonderful friends and perhaps undefeated Beer Pong dhamp duos. XD

"So what're we supposed to do now?" Georgie said

And I get sweet feelings when I see Georgie being 'normal' and having a good time. Must be the fan in me. Also, love how the hair changes color to green! XD

Thanksgiving Day 12:00A.M I woke up covered in sweat screaming. "Hey what's wrong dear!?" Naoto asked I tried recollecting what just h

• Theres another one I found somewhere that was even wierder than this one lol.

LMAO That picture just totally freaked me out but in a good way! XD Etan sure has a lot on his plate this holiday season!

• Haha! Enjoy it while it lasts! :) Thanks! I'll take it as a compliment since Lukes personality and first name is mine XD I totally agree on the Gren and Luke Beer Pong pros XD (I'll have to keep that scene for christmas! XD Luke and Gren VS Bigby and Woody or Georgie :p) I think Georgie earned his normal time after getting pushed by the crooked man :D Also the hair thing I kinda contemplated on being in shock when Snow showed up and having his hair yellow but I decided green and happy since Luke has been trying to be on Snows good side even though it seems like Snow was there on her own accord :(

I liked it a lot because it was nice seeing everyone together, like it should be; just a group of people hanging out, eating and drinking. L

• Carter sat on his bed, staring at the ceiling. It was taking every fiber of his being to not run out the front door and go to Hazel's apartment. His hands gripped the covers with all his strength as he watched his adopted little brother breath peacefully in the night. He got his cellphone out and began distracting himself with social media.

"Ugh, new posts. Old posts. All the same shit..." He muttered to himself. He had his window open, letting the cool November air in briskly. He could hear the leaves being blown by the strong winds.

His finger brought him to the bottom of his feed, although all that was posted there was also from 20 minutes ago. He wondered why his fellow classmates partied and drank all the time. Not that it wasn't fun, but after 4 consecutive weekends of hangovers, don't you think you'd need a break from it?

He froze a second. Jackson had posted a picture not very long ago. He was at a party with a ton of mundies.

"That motherfucker," He whispered under his breath. "Partying while my fucking cousin-"

"You cursed," Franklin whispered.

Carter looked up from his phone, bewildered. "You heard me?"

"I can hear a lot of things normal people can't hear," He explains. His voice is still a whisper. "I'll keep it a secret, if you want. I won't tell Mom and Dad."

".....Right. Well, can you also not tell them that I'm going to go out for an hour or so?"

"I promise I won't tell," Franklin said, crossing his chest with his hand. "Cross my heart, hope to die."

Carter smiled,"That's why you're my favorite new sibling."

"I'm your only new sibling," he laughed.

Carter stood, hiding his current anger for the moment. He slipped his shoes on, not bothering to change out of his pajamas. His jacket was dark, easily concealing him in the shadows if needed.

He searched Jackson's page, looked at everything most recently posted. From that. he gathered that the party was being held at one of the richer kids from school's house, a mundy named Rebecca with unnaturally blond hair and high skirts. Yeah, he knew that girl's address; Some of her parties were parties he had attended.

He didn't dare use the mirrors. His mother would catch him instantly. He left silently through the front door, walking down the steps rather than using the elevator. That thing was so old and made so much noise, it was bound to wake the whole building. He needed to be stealthy right now.

His feet took him to more suburban parts of New York. There was only 15 dollars in his pocket, not enough to get him there and back. He would have to walk. As soon as the townhouse in which Rebecca's party dwelled came into his view, he spotted his uncle's car immediately. A red toyota with a busted back bumper from it's previous owner. The man may act like he's rich and famous, but everyone knows he lives in a beat up two bedroom apartment with his mother and twin sister. Even the mundies at school. Still, the man was arrogant enough to think he owned the world, and nothing pissed Carter off more than that simple fact.

The truth of the matter was that Carter was actually searching for a reason all these years to put Jackson in his place. It wasn't until now that he was given a valid opportunity.

Not bothering to knock, he opened the front door with more force than he'd meant. The whole first floor was packed to the max with possibly every teenager in the tristate area. Music was blaring, vibrating Carter's internal organs and causing his stomach to wrench. Things like this often made him dizzy, which was yet another reason he didn't party nearly as much as the average teenager. He picked up his pace, not afraid of pushing people out of the way. He secretly thanked God for wanting to work out with Hans since he was old enough to walk. His muscles were strong and they were ready for the scrawny ass behind whichever door he needed to open.

Not in the bathroom. That was the first place he looked. Just a few people sitting in the tub half naked. No sign of Jackson.

He went through the kitchen, where an international beer pong tournament was taking place. Surprisingly, he was not there. The only place he could search next was upstairs. He feet took him up the steps, one by one.

Again, he pushed each door open, ever so slightly. Each room was occupied, though not by the person he was in search in. Again, he went up the last flight of steps, to the third floor. That floor was usually off limits, though there was always that one couple who'd break the rules and sneak up there for a little alone time. He was sure that Jackson was going to be up there.

And he was right. The first room to his left, the door was wide open. He realized it must have been Rebecca's room, but she most certainly wasn't in it. Instead, he saw Jackson slowly undressing a light-brown, almost reddish color haired girl. And then, his heart sunk low, beneath his gut, seemingly past his own body and into the core of the earth. This was his other cousin, Elora.

"What the fuck are you doing?" He said. He didn't say it loud, he didn't say it angrily. He said it sternly, as if you were asking why someone was laughing at a funeral.

Jackson ripped his lips from Elora, who looked as drunk as a pub man. "Carter?"

Before Jackson could say anything, Carter changed, pushing Jackson against the wall and knocking a few pictures off the wall.

"What the- What are you doing?" Jackson demanded. He was nothing against Carter. He had no muscle from years of going to the gym. He was never the overly sporty type. He was scrawny and handsome. That's all he had going for himself.

"Let him go!" Elora cried. "What are you doing here, Carter?"

"Shut the fuck up. I can't believe you're doing this to your sister!" He tightened his grip, slamming Jackson's head into the plaster walls.

"What do you mean? What does my sister-"

Carter cut her off. "You don't know, do you?"

She just shook her head. "I have no idea what you're talking about!"

He loosened his grip, slamming Jackson to the ground, and shutting the bedroom door for a little more privacy than they already had. Even being alone up there, words could travel fast.

"This asshole- " Carter nudged his foot into Jackson's arm, causing Jackson to spit a few choice words. "-Got your sister pregnant!"

Elora was petrified. "No....no, you're lying! There's no way that Ash is-"

"It's not ASH! It's Scarlett!" Carter spat. He was angry at Elora, though he didn't have reason to be. He knew from the sincere shock on her face that she probably didn't even know Jackson and Scarlett were together in the first place.

"Oh my god!" Elora cried. "Oh my-....Jackson?"

Jackson curled up, anger on his face, though he dare not pick a fight with his nephew. He stood, guarding his vital organs. He said nothing.

"Is it true? Did you know?" She asked him. Pleaded, more likely.

Jackson nodded,"Yeah, she told me. But we were already broken up."

Elora turned her attention to Carter,"How did you know?"

"I overheard my mom talking to yours." Carter turned to face Jackson, then at Elora once more. "I'm sorry this is how you had to find out-"

"No," Elora said. "No, that's alright. Thank you. If I'd knew before....this....You saved me, Carter. Can you...bring me home?"

Carter just nodded. It was then that he noticed she wasn't even wearing a shirt, just her purple bra. He blushed at the sight of seeing his cousin naked, the same way he would if he saw one of his sisters that way. He grabbed the first shirt he saw - Hell, it could have been Rebecca's shirt - And directed her out of the house, leaving his rat of an uncle alone in the room behind them.

Carter felt oddly satisfied. He didn't really have to beat Jackson down to a pulp, did he? He crushed the guy's ego by taking away his play toy so easily.

"My car is this way. I don't want to drive-"

"That's okay. I got it. I'll take you home. Don't...ah. Don't tell your sister any of this, okay?"

"I didn't plan on telling anyone."

"Good. God....he's going to be pissed at me for a long time. Hopefully...." Carter trailed off.

"What?" Elora provoked him. She eyed him curiously.

"....Nothing....I uh....was just thinking of my dad. I was going to say....Hopefully he doesn't do the same thing my Dad did to my Mom, is all. I want Scarlett's baby to have it's father around. You....you know?"

Elora nods. "I understand. It's....weird. She can't really be pregnant? Right?"

"She is."

"God...and I was going to let the same guy screw me. I've always....had a crush on him. But now..."

"It's alright. He wasn't always a bastard. He was cool to play with as kids, I'm sure you remember. He just....changed."

"Yeah."

The rest of the trip was silent. He parked Elora's car by the curb, told her to be careful, and walked home.

The first reaction Snow had was to cry. Her hand shook around the phone, trying to process the information she was being given. Never in a million years did she think something of the sort could have hit her so hard as to provoke actual tears. She'd been there when Harmony was pregnant for the first time, and yet this was entirely different. Harmony was an adult, to an extent.

Scarlett....she's still a little girl. Still her little granddaughter to spoil.

"Right. Well...Can I talk with your Mom."

"Yes, Grandma."

Scarlett only said 'Grandma' when she was super serious. Normally she was more casual, calling her Gram, or even by her first name, Snow. Just like Harmony.

Harmony had picked up on the other end. "Yes?"

Snow leaned on her desk,"I was thinking that....maybe you could send her to the Farm?"

"What do you mean, Snow?" Harmony asked.

"To....I know it sounds silly, maybe. But she's a Fable. She'll live for a lot longer than a mundy. She could always go to highschool again in the future...."

"You want to keep Scarlett at your place to raise her baby?"

"If she wants to, of course. I think it would be healthiest for her to be in a less stressful place. Somewhere that her peers can't judge her. You know? Plus, I don't get to see her often enough."

"I don't know...."

"It'll be okay, Harmony. She won't be gone forever. Just a year, maybe? Two? Or, for however long she wants to stay. You'll be able to see her whenever you want. I know you've got another set of your own on the way..."

Harmony's took a few deep breaths. "Yeah. Yeah, I think that would be okay. I'll... talk with her about it later, over lunch. I'll talk with you later, Snow. Love you."

"Love you too. And tell Scarlett I love her, too."

"Will do. Bye."

"Bye."

And the phone hung up. Snow stood from her desk in the study, and she slowly crossed the room. She picked a photo off the mantle of her fireplace, one of when Harmony's cubs were first born. Bigby had been at the door the whole time.

"Can you believe it?" He asked. He skidded across the carpet, and normally Snow would yell at him for dragging his feet, but she was too caught up in thought to correct him.

"No, I can't." Her hand replaced the frame, but her eyes still lingered at Scarlett's face.

Bigby kissed his wife's cheek. "It'll be alright." His arms embraced her tightly and she leaned her head on his shoulder.

"I know it will. We're Wolfs. It wouldn't make sense if things didn't end up alright."

"There ya go," Bigby said more cheerfully.

Despite the sadder feelings, Snow felt a nervous excitement bubble from the pit of her stomach. "I hope she wants to come, like I offered. It would be nice to fill these rooms with the sounds of babbling babies again."

"I hope you aren't trying to tell me something..." Bigby warned.

"No, no. I won't be getting pregnant again, hopefully ever. But I miss when our own cubs were little."

"Me too. But they're off to bigger and better things. Plus, we're great great grandparents. Isn't that....neat?"

"Neat might not be the right word choice," Snow said,"But yeah, along those lines." She smiled.

The phone had rung again.

Any question, tell me <3 I'll be happy to answer!

• Gabriel is one of my favorite names <3 Glad you like it! Like I said above, I figured he would have Bigby's personality, a little bit outcasted from the rest, you know?

Love the names, especially the last one. I wonder why he's the outcast.

• It is indeed a compliment. :) And I'd like to see that match taking place within the walls of Fabletowm. XD And glad to see another person agree that good ol' Georgie deserves a second chane.

And the BG for the hair change is indeed fascinating, since normally Snow seems to make people see red these days. XD

Haha! Enjoy it while it lasts! Thanks! I'll take it as a compliment since Lukes personality and first name is mine XD I totally agree on th

• edited November 2014

That was indeed a spry old lady, if I do say so myself. ;) Anyway, it was fantastic to see it was the black cat witch all along in the end!

Thanksgiving Challenge Part 5:Shopping Georgie headed back to Fabletown; his belly was full of eggs and coffee. In his pocket, he clut

• Oh, Stone, you and your pictures... XD

MasterStone posted: »

Gobble Gobble Die... Chapter 3 "So uhh, how are we going to catch a two story bird, that breaths fire, Etan?" "Since we need it ali

• edited November 2014

Did Hope just say a profanity word for the first time?

It's nice to see her growing up so fast. :')

Chapter 34 'Nowhere left' Hope sat in the cage, as Echidna dangled Josiah over an open pot. Romulus held a sharp dagger to the boy's a

• Wow. Really, really well-written, if I do say so myself. :) Luckily Elora can hold onto her innocence just a little while longer since Carter came in and "saved the day", y'know? It's surprising how Harmony matured so fast too, now that I think about it!

Carter sat on his bed, staring at the ceiling. It was taking every fiber of his being to not run out the front door and go to Hazel's apartm

• Yeah I don't think Georgie or Vivian deserved to die they just got stuck in a really shit situation. Oh yeah I definitely think Luke will be angered by Snow at some point it's just a matter of when XD

It is indeed a compliment. And I'd like to see that match taking place within the walls of Fabletowm. XD And glad to see another person agr

• Chapter 16

Robert sat in the car. The rain poured on the windows, as the wipers furiously pushed the rain water to the side. The radio played 'Photograph', as Robert played with the blinker lights. He enjoyed his moment with Rj; seeing Lyla there too was a beauty in itself. Now, he needed answers.

Rose Red and Lyla stood under the patio located next to the rain. Both seemed concerned with Robert's sudden silence.

"Can you blame him?" Rose looked over. "Why did you keep it from him for so long?"

"The War...."

"He would've been safe-"

"You didn't go through what I did. You have a govenment willing to help any way they can, if neccesery. Mine. Forget it."

"Your dad helped..."

"Hm. He did what he could...the Farm was the only place RJ would be safe. I never told Robert simply for the safety of that little boy in there. The Folkers were desperatly sniffing out his whereabouts since word got out..."

Rose sighed. "Yeah. Don't....don't take this wrong way but your side is shit, Lyla."

Lyla sighed heavily. "Yeah...I know."

Rose opened the Umbrella and gave a slight nod to Rose.

"Please..." Lyla cupped her hands and stood in the rain. "Watch him. Please. Robert...he can be very emotional..."

"Yeah. I will."

Rose walked back to the car; her boots stomped in the mud, as they caked to the bottom. She sat in the driver's seat, back up gently and drove back to Fabletown.

They were parked behind a cab; the traffic lights ahead were flashing red, as a traffic guard helped the eager traffic move along smoothly. Robert had not said two words since leaving the Farm; his chin was resting on his plam, as he looked out the windw. The fog formed around the windows from his heavy breathing. Rose watched him take his finger and draw in the condensation.

"Robert-" Rose tried grabbing his hand but Robert refused. "Please, Robert-"

"You really think I'm stupid, don't you Rose?"

Rose was dumbfounded by his question. "WHAT!? Robert, I-"

"All three of you. Standing there. Laughing at me. You ALL knew!"

"Robert, she had no choice and-"

"YOU could have told me!"

"What should I!? Not my place to speak! He's not my son; you and Lyla should have remaind in contact and-"

"You fuckin' kidding me, Rose! I couldn't! Her insane family and that cult of a town kept her away and-"

Rose slammed her hand down on the horn. "EXACTLY, Robert! you JUST answered your own question!"

Robert paused. He sunk into the seat and began to cry. Rose, feeling sympathy for the Grendel, attempted to touch his shoulder. Rose immediatly pulled back when a line of dark spikes extended from his shoulder. She could see his form changing; the car was having a difficult time progressing down the street.

"Robert, I hate to do this to you but you really need to calm down. You're changing and-"

Robert slammed his now changed fists into the glove compartment; he door swung open, as Rose noticed the indentation. By now Rose had nothing else to go by; her dearest friend was thrashing in his seat, as he was now in his true form. Robert glared at Rose; she did her best to calm him down. Thankfully, traffic was busy and the people were more focused on either the rain or the many cars in front.

"Robert-"

"You fucking lied to me!" Robert growled, inching closer to Rose. "You FUCKING lied to me...."

"I was only trying to protect you!"

"Protect me!?"

"You were SO devestated when Lyla left you and then the whole thing with Georgie-"

Robert tore off the hanging mirror window. Rose gasped. "I LOVED her! I was going to mark her, make her mind for all eternity-"

Rose backed into her seat. Sha was trapped. "Robert-"

"And then HE shows up..."

Robert turns away. Thankfully the rain had picked up; the heaviness created a blanket of water, as he ran through the alley and dodged on looking mundies. The area was familiar; the Trip Trap was not too far from his location. If he knew his baby brother, he'd be having a drink before heading home. Robert charged through the rain, Rose Red quickly on his tracks.

Holly took the old rag and began cleaning a glass. The music played faintly above, as Gren and jack played a quick game of darts. Jack, on his fourth drink, stumbled as he tried picking up his piece.

"You need to take it easy, Jackie boy." Gren chuckled, as Jack tumbled to the ground. "You need help?"

Jack looks up and smiles. "Nah nah..." He grabs a shair for support. "I got this, Gren. You just...you just take that dart and do your thing..."

Jack sits down and chugs the remaining Beer in his glass. Before Gren could toss the dart, the bar door swings open, crashing into the wall. Holly, out of fear, drops the glass. It shatters on the ground, as all three look up. To their astonishment, Robert charged inside the building.

"Robert?" Gren headed over to his brother. "Robert, you can't go out lookin' like this, now, come with me and-"

Before Gren could answer, Robert swung his mighty arm and caused Gren to fly into several stools. Gren wiped his mouth; there was blood forming around his right nostril, as Robert ran towards his direction. Gren manages to grab a stool and swing it across Robert's head.

"The fuck is wrong with you!? Are you drunk!?"

Robert looks up, as he picks the shards of wood from his head. "You lying son-of-a-bitch!"

Gren backs into a wall. "The fuck are you talking about?! How am I-"

Robert lunges his arm into Gren's neck; his claws wrap around the flesh, as his grip tightens.

"You KNEW about him!"

By now, Jack is hiding behind the bar and Holly has changed as well. The Bar troll does her best to pull Robert off.

"Alright, big guy! That's enough! Calm down and-"

A green light glows before Robert. His brother, now a towering Grendel too, pins his shoulders into Robert's chest. Holly backs up, as the two massive beasts fight on the floor.

"You KNEW I had a son!" Robert struggled against Gren's strength. "How the FUCK did you know and not tell me!?"

"You'd be risking EVERYTHING, Robert! We had no choice-"

"WE?!" Robert grabs one of the fallen darts. "Who is WE, Gren!?"

Gren manages to move from the dart now tossed at his head. "Lyla and I! The Folker community was hot on her ass! They were going to kill him, Robert! He required a glamour, he was a Halfer; the kid was a Grendel and-"

Robert grabs Gren's arm and tosses his brother across the room. Gren lands against the Pool Table; he grabs the loose balls and begins throwing them at Robert. One impales Robert in the knee, causing the giant creature to tumble down. Gren grabs a Pool stick and aims it at Robert's neck.

Jack looks over the Bar, as Holly tries grabbing the stick.

"Gren, remember...he's doing this out of anger-"

Gren huffs. "Give up, Robert?"

"You knew..." Blood trickles down Robert's head. "YOU KNEW!"

Robert kicks Gren off with his powerful hind legs; Gren's claws dig into the wooden floor, allowing him to safetly stop. Rose walks in just as Robert leaps in the air and pins Gren down to the ground. Holly notices the red headed beauty and pulls her to the side.

"Holly-" Rose dodges a piece of wood. "What the fuck is going-"

"Did YOU know about this!?"

Rose pauses. "Yes...."

"How did you two know that-"

The three Fables watch, as Robert now cowers over Gren. Both are bleeding from various open wounds. Robert roars, as his nose touches Gren's.

"Speak...you have this nasty habit, dear sweet Gren, of not SHUTTING UP! Now-SPEAK!"

Gren looked down and Robert's wrist. He had no choice. Before Robert could mouth another word, Gren's claws dug into the healing cuts on Robert's wrist. The beast roared in severe pain, as he licked the wounds clean. Now on his feet, Gren looked down.

"Had enough or do I need to make my point again?"

Rober falls to the ground, curls into a large ball and cries.

"I had no idea...you...you knew, Gren...."

Robert had returned to his glamoured self. Just like the Homelands, Gren felt sorry for defeating his older brother and curled up beside Robert. It was Gren's turn to be the strong one; Robert had been in that same postion for centuries and Gren knew his white flag was up.

"Robert, I did it to protect you AND RJ. They were going to kill him; Bigby couldn't do a damn thing about it!"

"WHY!? He's part Fable and-"

"The Folkers weaved their way into making it all about them, Robert. He didn't stand a chance..."

Robert hung his head low. "Lyla-"

"She WANTED to tell you. She desperatly wanted you to know but again, out of the safety for everyone, she never did. We did what we had to at the time, Robert...I mean, things are kinda gettin' on the right track but even then...."

Robert looked up; Rose, Holy and Jack stood by and waited in anticipation. Robert walks over, grabs a non-broken stool and sits. Gren joins him. Holly heads back to the bar as Robert holds a number '2' up withh his fingers.

Rose stands beside Robert, as the brothers sit and talk.

Chapter 17 coming soon! Any questions, leave them down below.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.