Start a Story, be your own Fable. (Create a Fable Thread)

Comments

• LOL I bloody wish I was! XD I almost said 21 or 22 but I remembered a conversation not too long ago about our ages. NEXT year is the big middle finger to society in regards to drinking! XD

Well, at least you got what you wanted. Always makes the day better. :) Have fun regardless. If its a new video game, enjoy hours upon hours of non-sociel moments!

You are... CORRECT! I have indeed reached the big 2-0 today! Are you a psychic? No major plans for today, but, I got what I wanted and that's all that matters.

• Happy birthday! :D

Good morning, all! I have yet another announcement to make! Alright, here we go, are you ready? I bet you are, prepare yourself for the inevitable! ...Today's my birthday. ^^

• LOL Pie made that comment to me as well. Rose and Robert (especially Robert) do not seem like 'cooking' kind of people. XD Plus, I hear takeout is all the rage in NYC. :) Hopefully these Fables work out!

Indeed. Robert's wishful thinking has once again placed him on Lyla's shit list.

LOL, it seems like every meal you make Rose and Robert have is goddamned Chinese food! I'm concerned with the unhealthy diet you're putting

• Robert has his hopes that one day Lyla will come back into his open arms and they'll be together. These thoughts tend to get him into trouble, as you witnessed right now. In time, his wounds will heal. I'll explain more as to WHY he can't let Lyla go so easily.

And thank you. I had a wonderful time at the BBQ. :D

LupineNoir posted: »

Shame the dancing was spoilt by the Georgie remarks. We have a really nice variety of emotional situations on this thread, and I think Robe

• don't hate Robert! :0 It will get better; I told you I had an idea as to WHY he can't let her go so easily. I'll explain later in the chapters.

Haha. Seemed like something she'd say1 XD

pudding_pie posted: »

I feel bad for Robert but it seems like he's hoping that Lyla will see only the bad things and agree to what everyone has been telling her s

• I'm enjoying this prologue moment with Georgie; it is indeed answering many questions I still had. So, by this time, I'm assuming John is cool with the idea of his daughter saving Georgie, vice versa. I like the idea of his thought of saving is 'friendship.' John thinks its this but what the witch meant was love and I can't wait for that moment when John sees the truth.

I loved the Farm description; I've read Fables 6 (I THINK that's the issue) and although I've seen it with my own eyes, its still fun hearing others describe it. I'm weird, I know. XD

Henry! Oh yay! another question answered! So he meets Henry at the Farm and pretty much raises him. <3

Georgie glares at the boy. Reynard nearly falls off the Hay, still laughing.

"HEY! Georgie! How's THAT for pies, huh!?"

Oh Reynard! XD What a douche! :D I loved this and looking forward to another chapter of the epic prologue!

Prologue "Welcome to the Future" Goldilocks stood in the middle of the dirt road, papers in hand and a pen in the other. Georgie walke

• JJwolfJJwolf Banned
    edited November 2014

Happy happy birthday, Dragon! :D

EDIT: Oh crap...I think me and Pie are the oldest ones here on the thread! (Unless stone and Tetra are older than 25 or 26)

Good morning, all! I have yet another announcement to make! Alright, here we go, are you ready? I bet you are, prepare yourself for the inevitable! ...Today's my birthday. ^^

• Chapter 18

I'm sorry

Lyla didn't stay very long. She took several bites from her food and decided to take the rest home to the kids. Robert had no idea she was gone until he returned from using the restroom. He found Rose sitting on the floor, adding soy sauce to her noodles.

Robert sighs. "Great. Just fucking great."

Rose takes an enrmous bite. "Eh, who needs her anyways. We can fix this place up together, Robby!"

Rose anxously waited for his approval; usually that got Robert in a better mood and all his troubles would be swept away. But after so long, the sweeping method will not work and the piles you tried to hide will eventually re-appear. Today, that happened.

"I'm such an idiot, a fool. I never meant to make her angry. It's just..."

Robert, ya' gotta let her go, man! She has a family and she's with Geor-"

"I know that! Don't you think I know that!?"

Robert's fist collides with the wall. Rose stands up, prepared for whatever Robert Grendel decided to throw her way. Instead, he found himself staring at a blank wall, as the blood trickled down his cracked knuckles.

"Robert..." Rose carefully reached for Robert. The spikes on his shoulders were noticable. "Robby, c'mon. Talk to me."

Robert began to whimper. "I love her, Rose..."

Rose tried to bit her tongue; fo years she had tried to make Robert her own in hopes of creating a relationship she desperatly desired. She'd seen pleny of Soap Operas and sappy mundy movies to know that's what she wanted. For years they had 'seen' each other; sex, dinners and hanging out was their foundation and Rose wanted more. But he refused; he wanted only one person but sadly, she didn't feel the same way.

"Robert, stop. No you don't! How can you say you love her, when she clearly doesn't love you? So what you have a son with her and-"

"Its not that simple, Rose! I keep telling you this and you're not getting it!"

Rose was baffled. "Don't understand!? I have been here, Robert Grendel, through your darkest hours! I don't know? I don't care!?"

"If you cared you would have told me about RJ! If you REALLY cared, you'd understand that this isn't easy and-"

"WHAT'S not easy!?" Rose began tugging at her hair. "Robert, please! You can't do this alone-"

Robert stood in the corner. Rose was inches from his face. Tears formed around her eyes, as she reached over and grabbed his hand. Robert sighed and looked down at his left arm. He held it out for Rose to see.

"What-your tattoo?"

"No, Rose....this isn't a tattoo. Its the mark."

Rose was confused. "The mark? What are you talking about?"

For years Rose thought the 'mark' on his forearm was a tattoo; she never questioned it or asked the reason behind this design. It was a simple image-the sun. It was the Celtic Sun symbol. Rose always assumed it meant something to do with the homelands.

"This right here. THIS little thing is what's causing my unability to let her go."

"Then go see the Witches. Have them put a spell on it and-"

"Its not that easy, Rose. We have to do a ceremony, burn the blood. She has to participate and-"

"Wait, wait wait! Blood? Ceremony? Robert-"

"When a Grendel imprints you, its there for life; our emotions for that person grow deeper and deeper as time goes on. Since we had a child, these emotions have doubled."

"Does she KNOW about this?"

"No. She has no idea that I marked her....its when we were, um, shit...."

Rose holds her hand up. "I get it. doing the nasty. Well, let's go get this thing off and-"

Robert pulls his hand back. "No! no, I mean-"

Rose folds her arms. "You WANT to keep this thing, don't you Robert?"

"I'm not ready yet, Rose."

"Robert!" Rose paces around the room. "LOOK at you! LOOK at home miserable you are! You can't do this anymore, Robert!"

The phone in his pocket began to ring. Rose paused, as Robert looked at the screen.

"It's your sister..."

Rose cocks her eyebrow. "Well, answer it."

"Hello?"

"Robert, this is Snow White. Are you still making a trip out here to the Farm to see RJ?"

Robert had almost forgotten his plan to the Farm.

"Shit! Uh, yes, Snow! Why?"

"So I can come by and pick you up. I'm assuming my sister is there, so if she'd like to join us-"

"Yes. Yes, she will go. Are you leaving now?"

"In an hour or so, Robert. Have what you need ready."

Before Robert could answer back, Snow's call ended. Robert stuck the phone back into his pocket. He closed the lid from his food and walked int the kitchen. Rose was quickly behind.

"Well, what did she want?"

"She'll be here in an hour, if you wanna go...."

"If I wanna go....please. You know I do."

Rober smiles, as the two head back into the room. Rose wraps her arms around his waist.

"You'll be fine, big buy. I know it."

Rose plants a kiss on his cheek. Robert smiles, as the two finish what they can in RJ's room. What Robert didn't know was Lyla had never left the area. She patiently sat on the concrete stairs, waiting for Snow.

Like it or not, she was going to the Farm.

Chapter 19 coming soon. Promise it will get better; n more of this BS between Lyla and Robert but you gotta add some tension. :) Any questions, as away.

• It's bringing a whole new side of you out - Poetic DragonButter. XD

Those eyes are like... flawless emeralds glistening in the moonlight on a midsummer evening. XP

• Eeek, happy birthday! XD Hope you're having a great day, man; good to hear you got what you want. :)

By a strange coincidence, I turned 20 back in July. :O Just what are the chances of that?

• Happy Birthday Dragon!!!

• Thanks! I try my best to keep things interesting, lol. Glad you liked it!

And thanks, I'm super happy to have it.

This was like something that would happen in the actual comics! Well, coming from a seasoned comic reader like yourself, I had no doubts. Congrats on the free ride as well!

• Those damn Creepers! Ash's sabotage was amusing in that friendly sort-of 'I'm blowing up your work' way. xD Interesting to see how Noah's coping; the description of how he was feeling with all the family around was very accurate. Is Sara Jane still around to support him?

I guess the Clockwork Princess was the book you mention with the twist - it's a good way to spend an afternoon!

EMMYPESS posted: »

People gathered around a long table, having fun, eating turkey until they burst, and overall joyful of the holidays. That was what was su

• Hati clearly wasn't the sticking-around father type, what with missing the wedding 70 years ago! He is something of a charmer, though.

And Draco as he came in was rather amusing. I can only imagine what state they must have looked. :P

I don't blame Walter for wanting to stop to eat gingerbread cookies. No, sir.

MasterStone posted: »

Thanksgiving challenge Gathering the family, Part 2 "Oh honey, it time too prepare the guest room." "But Penny it is a little early

• We'd better hope there was no bird faeces in there, because that ain't gonna help things at all! What an image. :P

I really like your description of The Farm, it makes it sound living and breathing. Didn't see the hug from John coming, but it was a pleasant surprise; as was Mr. Sunflower - I keep seeing him in the comics but never really knew who he was.

Prologue "Welcome to the Future" Goldilocks stood in the middle of the dirt road, papers in hand and a pen in the other. Georgie walke

• "When a Grendel imprints you, its there for life; our emotions for that person grow deeper and deeper as time goes on. Since we had a child, these emotions have doubled."

Wow. you still remember that bit from WAAAAAY back. :0 whoa. lol That is right; at least, coming from the mind of Pie, is how a Grendel connects and picks his future mate. Its a bitch to remove, though. :(

I feel bad for Robert at times when it comes to his confused feelings. Rose is begining to piss me off. Not trying to sound mean but she REALLY needs to back up, too. THIS has to be dealt with in time and she's just shoving it in Robert's face.

What Robert didn't know was Lyla had never left the area. She patiently sat on the concrete stairs, waiting for Snow.

Like it or not, she was going to the Farm

This last bit made me very uneasy for some reason. Hopefully, no more arguments or fighting; they are heading out to see their son. This isn't about them. :(

JJwolf posted: »

Chapter 18 I'm sorry Lyla didn't stay very long. She took several bites from her food and decided to take the rest home to the kids. R

• This takes me right back to Pie's first chapters, and what happened with Gren! That feels like years ago, in a good way; it's fun to see you two collaborating. :)

I'm pleased Lyla is still going to the Farm - it wouldn't be fair on RJ to gain one parent but then lose another. What will make Robert come to his senses, though?

Chapter 18 I'm sorry Lyla didn't stay very long. She took several bites from her food and decided to take the rest home to the kids. R

• War:Rising

The next day

Makoto looked out his window to see a lot of people gathering, so he got cleaned up and dressed. He walked outside summoned a sword to keep people back, when he finally got past everyone he found Snow, Rose, Alyx, Phillip, two pigs, and Celeste in the middle looking at Collin whose head was what looked like a head on a pike but instead a street lamp.

"Who could've done this!" Snow said

"Well whatever it is, you better stay here a couple more days then usual to get things situated." The two pigs said

"This is insane! Of course this would happen when I get dragged here." Rose said

"What's going on?" Makoto asked

Celeste hid behind him "We found this pig this morning scary..." She looked frightened

"A bit suspicious coming late to the party there Makoto" Phillip said

"What are you trying to say?" Makoto said

"What I'm saying is you've got a history of violence here pal. Remember the rhino? Cut him RIGHT. IN. HALF. AND now you're back and there's another death. THAT'S what I'm saying Makoto." Phillip said

Celeste started moving away from Makoto "You......You killed someone here Makoto?" The look on Celestes face was a look of betrayal

"It was an accident, I thought the rhino was going to kill Snow." Makoto explained

Celeste kept her distance not knowing if she could trust him anymore. Makoto frowned and his head fell.

"Hey! It was an accident!" Rose said defending Makoto

"Still, we should put him into holding" One of the pigs said

"Holding?" Snow says

"Yeah we got a place to hold prisoners." The other pig said

"You can't do that! That's not fair!" Rose said

"All in favor of holding Makoto until things are resolved?" The pig said

Everyone even Celeste even Alyx raised their hands except for Snow and Rose.

"This is BULLSHIT!!!" Rose shouted

Makoto smiled "It's okay Rose it's just holding. I'll be back"

"Snow!? DO SOMETHING!" Rose said holding back tears

"I'll try but we should try and keep peace." Snow said

Everyone dispersed, with Makoto going one way and the others another.

"I don't think Makoto would murder Collin guys, he was friends with him and Bigby." Snow tried reasoning

"We don't care he's killed someone before and he'd probably do it again." The pigs said

Phillip and Celeste hung back

"Did he really do it? I saw him go straight back to where he lived when we said our goodbyes." Celeste said

"He did it. That could've been you!" Phillip said

"I don't know, it doesn't add up. He was so nice and kind." Celeste said

"It's those types of people you have to look out for." Phillip said

Celeste didn't know what to believe, why would Makoto do such a thing?

Makoto sat in his cell talking to the guard

"I know you didn't do it kid" said the bull.

"Who did it then?" Makoto asked

"It's his brothers they murdered him last night about ten minutes when you got back." The bull continued "They're going after Snow next and then Fabletown."

"What!? Then you gotta let me outta here so I can stop them!" Makoto said

The bull had a sad look on his face "I.....I'm sorry I can't do that....." The bull said

"Well then you're no better than them!" Makoto said

"At least I'll be alive." The bull said

Nightfall

Rose went back to her cottage she didn't know what to do, She had to break Makoto out of there. While she started coming up with a plan Phillip showed up.

"You know Rose, there doesn't have to be a big showdown here." Phillip said

"What are you talking about?" Phillip said

"We are starting a revolution. You could lead it, All you have to do is capture Snow and Makoto will be safe. In fact we can put him at the front lines with you and his real mother." Phillip offered

"She's here!? What's she doing here?" Rose said

"Yes she is and we tricked her into thinking if we took over Fabletown we could bring back her long lost Luke!" He began to laugh "She has a tremendous power, and we plan to exploit it"

Rose weighed her options and she had to take this one. She could just swap sides right at the end.

"Oh and if you think about doing some last minute team swapping you better hope you win" Phillip smiled

Oh we'll win Rose thought They don't know they're going up against Deaths son.

"If I'm doing this I want Makoto released right now so I can talk with him about a plan." Rose said

"Okay we can do that. BULL! Bring him in!" He commanded

Celeste stood outside looking in from a window, and saw Makoto tied with bruises all over.

Rose sat there in awe "WHAT THE FUCK!?" She said

"Well we had to get him to co-operate with us since he found out a bit early." Phillip said

Celeste stormed in.

"You said you wouldn't hurt him!" She roared

Phillip slapped her before she could transform.

"Get her out of here!" Phillip looked at Rose "Glad I have your assistance"

Phillip walked out with the bull dragging Celeste.

"So Rose.....You fully on board with this.....or are you going to backstab these guys with me?" Makoto asked

She ran over and hugged him "You leave it to me, I just needed to know you'd be safe." She said

"Good" He laughed "Those pigs really hurt." He stood up and walked over to a chair.

"You know this is going to turn into a full blown war right?" Rose said

"Yup. And I'm guessing there will be bodies huh?" Makoto said

"You know the answer to that." Rose chuckled "My sis probably pounded that into your head"

Makoto laughed "Yeah she did, and my mom is going to be there?" he asked

"Guess so. Are you sure you want to fight her?" Rose said

"I have to...." Makoto said

Rose saw the look on his face and realized she probably shouldn't have asked that.

"Okay you rest up and leave the big explosive beginning to me!" Rose said

Makoto nodded and went to sleep.

That's it! Any questions or comments let me know! :D

• Thanksgiving Challenge

Part 15: Let's feast

The men pulled up to the Smith Manor. Out of the vehicles first were the kids. Peter and RJ ran inside the house; seconds later, they pulled Lyla behind and headed back to the Truck.

"Mommy! Look, look, look! See what me and RJ caught?"

Lyla peers into the duffle bag. "My, those are very nice looking birds, boys. Good job!"

Lyla gives each a hug and kiss; Georgie exits the car, grabs his wife and spins her around. They leave a circle of pushed Snow in their path, as he passionatly kisses Lyla.

"What's this for, Mister Porgie?"

"Because I'm in a bloody good mood, love. Had a marvelous time with your father, your uncles were a hoot and look at all the bloody birds we caught fa' dinner?"

Lyla pats Georgie's chest. "These look wonderful, love. I'm glad you had a great time. He wasn't too much trouble, RIGHT dad?"

They both look over. He, Edward, Ethan and Jersey take out the remianing Turkeys in the back. John waves back, flashing his suave smile. Gren, now back in his glamoured form, helps Penny and the other kids take the Turkeys to the shed.

"Nah, love. He was an Angel."

Lyla kisses Georgie's nose. "Well, I'll leave you boys to plucking those birds. When you're done, bring them inside. Save the insides for me, okay? Need that for the stuffing."

Georgie kisses Lyla one last time before heading the the shed. Gren has already plucked one bird. He was now showing Penny, Hans Junior and Mini how to pull out the feathers. Hans, still amped from the rush of hunting, sat quietly in the back. His smile was from ear to ear, as he yanked the feathers from the Turkey's wings. When John and his brothers returned with the final bird, everyone pitched in with the preperation. All together, they caught eight birds.

Jersey, chewing on some of the feathers, rinsed the birds when they were bare and featherless.

"Damn, we did pretty good, boys."

John looks around. "Yeah, I think so. Hopefully this will be enough to feed everyone."

Georgie looks up. "John, if THIS ain't enough, then fuck me man."

Penny's eyes dart at her father. "DADDY! Language!"

Everyone laughs, as she gently slaps his hand. "My bad, love...daddy forgot."

After ten minutes, all the birds have been rinsed, cleaned and dried. John, Georgie and Gren each take a bird, open it and gut out all the insides. Hans, pot ready in hand, gathers all the intestines. When all is ready and in the pot, Hans takes them to the kitchen. Gina thanks him with a kiss, as she adds water and begins to boil them.

"Just add salt, pepper and a bit of Garlic for now."

Gina gives the thumbs up, as she adds the requested ingredients. Lyla, with Junior, Katie and Ethan on each side, help her break up the cornbread, cut up the veggies and add seasonings for the stuffing. Junior opens a can of olives, as Katie helps cut them. Emily, along with Gren Junior and Noah, are sitting in the living room watching the game.

As the three are focused on the screen, the men walk in. The kids take the time to remove their boots, jackets and mittens and take them upstairs. The men each grab a beer and sit in the living room. Gren and Georgie, however, sneak into the kitchen for a 'look' at the food. Calra notices Gren picking at the potatoes.

"GREN!" Gren turns around, as he sticks a piece into his mouth. "What have I told you 'bout sneaking 'tastes' mister!? Out! Go! SHOO!"

Mumbling, Gren grabs a dinner roll. "Ah! Georgie get's stay!"

"Georgie does not sneak food! Now go! We still have to bake the Turkeys and Ham."

Gren walks into the living room. John, on the phone, looks over.

"Hey, for lunch we are getting some Pizza. What kind do you want?"

"Peperoni and cheese. Extra cheese and mushrooms. Oh-get some hot wings, too!"

Emily sends her uncle a thumbs up. "Nice, uncle Gren."

While the men and some of the kids sit in the living room, the women prepare for the meal. Carla has the candied yams ready for the oven; Gina has completed the Green Bean Casserole and has stuck it in the fridge to sit and absorb the flavors. The pies are cooling near a window, as the boiling pot of intestine and other insides continue to cook. Lyla shows Junior and the others how to fix up a Ham; they add Pineapple, Brown Sugar, Honey and Cherries. Next, they all prepare the Turkey with seasoning and handfuls of butter under the skin.

"Why do you do that, mom?"

"Well, Katie. The butter not only adds flavor but helps moisten and crisp up the skin."

Nancy smiles, as she covers the pies with foil. "Well, all that's left are the Turkeys and the stuffing."

"We were going to do Mashed Potatos and Gravy but that won't take long."

"Well, with that being said, let's join the men and enjoy a Beer. Think we deserve one."

Gathering a six pack, the women enter the living room to a crowd of loud and rowdy men and children. The Cowboys are losing, as lunch arrives at the door.

Dinner was around seven. Everything was set and ready to eat; the dishes were lined up along the counter and table, as the tables were decorated with a white tablecloth, mini Pumpkins, colored leaves and candles. Everyone gathered around the tables, held hands and said a prayer. John led the prayer.

"Thank you God for allowing us all to gather here on this wonderful evening. Thank you for the food, bless this family and bless all those that could not be here tonight. Please watch over us, as we enjoy this meal. In Jesus name, amen."

"Amen."

The children went first; Georgie helped cut up the Turkey, as John and Edward sliced up the Ham. The mothers helped scoop up portions onto their plate. The kids sat at one table and began feasting on the different options. The adults went next. After several minutes, everyone sat down to feast. The Turkey was cooked to perfection. The Ham was sweet and juicy, as several of those feasting on the pork would cut it up and add bits of the Pineapple.

The Candied Yams were layered with a melty blanket of marshmellows. The mashed potatoes had a twist this year: Bacon, Chives and topped with Sour Cream. The Green Bean Casserole, according to Hans, was to die for; indeed, the extra crispy onion toppers did add a nice bite to them when mixed with the beans. Lyla's stuffing, too, was a hit; she managed to follow the recipe and add a few secret ingredients to the mix. Even Georgie's request for some British food was a smash hit at dinner.

Although Junior, Georgie and Emily were the only ones to enjoy the Black Pudding, the Bubbles and Squeaks, along with the Beef Wellington was sampled by all the guests.

"This is really good, love." Georgie looks over at Lyla. "Well done. I'm impressed."

Lyla smiles. "Glad you like it, Georgie. Happy Thanksgiving."

Georgie wips his mouth, as he takes his fork and clinks it against his wine glass.

"Attention. May I please 'ave everyone's attention?"

All the guests look up.

"Thank you. Now, I wanna take this time ta' thank you all for this wonderful meal. To the ladies, ya' did a wonderful job. All of this is delicious. To the fellas, well, that was one 'ell of a huntin' trip, let me tell you!"

Bigby, sitting beside John, held up his glass.

"From what I hear, you did a hell of a job too, Porgie."

Georgie smiles, holding his glass up. "Here, here, Bigby. To family."

"To family!"

After dinner, the cleanup and a few games, everyone sat down for Pie. There was plenty of Pumpkin, Pecan and a few Berry pies as well. The kids played in the den, as the adults sat outside beneath the moonlight and smoked Cigars. In the middle, John started a Bonfire.

"I'm proud of all of us. We did good, boys."

Rubbing their hands together, all the men give a thumbs up. Gren and Jersey are drunk, as they laugh and lean closer to the fire.

"This feels...SO good right now." Gren looks over at Georgie. "I love this guy....look, look at this guy."

Georgie grins. "Love ya' too, Gren."

John looks around at all of his family members. Inside, his loving wife, three daughters and grand children play. Although his other daughter Mary couldn't make it, he knew in his heart that this was indeed, a wonderful holiday season. He and Georgie made a toast to all of the good things in their life.

"You're alright, Georgie. Not bad..."

Georgie smiles. "You too, John...Happy Thanksgiving."

"Happy Thanksgiving to you too, Georgie."

The remainder of the night, the family enjoyed the peace, quiet and several more plates of food.

Well, that's the end for my participation in the challenge. :) Any questions, let me know. Had time; on my break and wanted to add the finishing touches to the story.

• Can you imagine? I'm sorry for the, uh, images now burned in your skulls. xD Georgie is going to need more than a bath after that.

And as far as some of the comic characters, since it is on the Farm, I wanted to add as many as I could. Had to go back and re-read several of the issues. Forgot a lot of information. The Farm itself is beautiful. (at least, I think.) And John at this point has no choice: either be nice to Georgie and give him hope or lose his daughter to some unknown reason in the future.

We'd better hope there was no bird faeces in there, because that ain't gonna help things at all! What an image. :P I really like your des

• JJwolfJJwolf Banned
    edited November 2014

That first story, about Lyla and Georgie, is the reason why I joined this site. No lie, dude. I had to get to know you, know more about the man that supported Georgie Porgie till the bitter end. :) (Who would've thought we lived in the same town! XD)

Anyways, I remember Gren had to do this when he 'accidentally' marked Lyla. I remember also it was intense and hurt like hell after. Robert knows this and sadly, he wants to hold on to that emoton that Lyla left him.

And yes, I agree. I don't want them to fight in front of RJ.

"When a Grendel imprints you, its there for life; our emotions for that person grow deeper and deeper as time goes on. Since we had a child,

• Yes! That's exactly what I was doing. I thought that moment was intense and needed to throw that back in Robert's face; he sadly does not want to go through with it and Rose knows that. He wants to hold on to what emotion and attachment he has for her. This will onyl cause problems for him, as we further on. And its fun collaborating with someone like Pie. all these ideas!

I'd still have her go to the farm, no matter what. Her children come first. Robert will learn the hard way; sadly, sometimes this is the only way some people will learn.

This takes me right back to Pie's first chapters, and what happened with Gren! That feels like years ago, in a good way; it's fun to see you

• Well, that was indeed a wild ride!

Gren sneaking to get food is priceless! XD You think Carla would learn.

The food scene was wonderful, too. The prayer, the meal itself. Times like these it makes me sad that the Porgie Clan will be tested so much as their children age. And John. :(

I loved this from beginning to end. My vote goes to you for this challenge, pie. :) You make these some heart warming and family friendly.

Except for drunk Gren but....we <3 drunk Gren. XD

Thanksgiving Challenge Part 15: Let's feast The men pulled up to the Smith Manor. Out of the vehicles first were the kids. Peter and R

• Creepers are the worst. Although, I seriously think that Endermen are even worse than Creepers, in my opinion.

Sara Jane IS around, but he can't see her or talk with her much unless it's night time, so it's a little hard for him.

There are actually three books, and they equally hold a crap load of twists that just send you into pits of either despair or happiness XD It's good though, because I just read a bunch of more plot twists this afternoon (I haven't yet finished the book, though I'm about 3/4's done with it.) And it's all good now! The bad guy was killed, so THAT'S a plus. The plot twist was the means of his death, of course :) Needless to say, I'm very happy!

Those damn Creepers! Ash's sabotage was amusing in that friendly sort-of 'I'm blowing up your work' way. xD Interesting to see how Noah's co

• edited November 2014

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DRAGONBUTTER!

Cue Song- "It's my birthday, I can cry if I wanna..."

Best birthday song XD

Alt text

WOO!

EDIT: I think I'm the youngest on here :L Not a bad thing though! 17 is a nice age :)

• Elora woke up wildly, her arms thrashing to get a hold of something solid. Something to bring her back into reality.

There were tubes coming out of her nose to help her breath. She pulled it off, wincing as the tape peeled from her skin which held the canula in place. She regulated her breathing, taking deep breaths, in and out. Her eyes scanned the door, wide open with a flood of hallway light filling only the small area in front of her bed. There were some blinking lights on the machines, an IV stuck in her arm. She knew what it was, she learned about them in school, although she did not remember when or where. And she wasn't afraid. That was another mystery to her, for the longest time she had been afraid of hospitals. And yet...they did not seem scary to her any longer. Why?

She lost her memories. It pained her heart to know it, to know that many years had been taken away from her. She remembered bits and pieces, but her most solid memories lay around the age of 10, and therefore, she associated her mindset to that age.

She was alone.

Well, not as alone as she thought she was. There was a figure slumped over in the armchair. A man, though it was too dark to tell whom it was.

"H-.." Her voice croaked,"H-hello?"

The figure stirred, his face darting upward with sudden wide eyes.

"Daddy?" Elora tried, though her voice was dry and scratchy. She brought her hand up to rub the sore spots where the tape had torn off.

"Ellie? My little Ellie? Are you feeling alright?" Tim stood, leaning against the edge of her bed. His fingers grazed against her forhead softly, and he pulled them away as soon as Elora winced at the pressure.

"My head hurts, Daddy," She whispered. "I'm in the hospital?"

"Yes, dear," Tim replied. He was sitting on the edge of the bed, his hand caressing her arm.

"I...." She began to tear up. "I can't remember how old I am, but I know I am not 10, even though I think that I am."

"I know, baby. I know. It's hard and frustrating. Try to keep your mind off of things for now..."

"I remember bits and pieces. Like the ambulance ride- You were there."

"I was, I was. I tried to...get to you before..."

"Why did I get hit? It was a car, right? Why did I not look both ways? You always told us-"

"Hush," Tim said, though it wasn't because he wanted her to save her energy. It was because he couldn't bare hearing these words she was speaking to him any longer.

She stopped talking as the nurse walked in, a smile upon her face. "Awake now? Let me take some vitals, please."

Elora looked wildly at the nurse as she pulled the needle out. She began to breath heavily and Tim squeezed her hand with reassurance.

"Will it hurt like the flu shots you make us get?" She asked.

"Probably, but only for a second. Just squeeze my hand if it hurts too much, and don't look."

Elora nodded sadly, closing her eyes tight as the nurse drew blood. She stalked off shortly after taking Elora's blood pressure and checking her eyes and doing other things that Elora remembered doing at doctors appointments before.

"Is it over?" She asked. Tim smiled weakly, and replied. "Soon. Soon, you can come home. You can see Mommy and your brothers and sisters."

"I feel sad, Daddy," Elora said.

"Why honey?" Tim embraced his daughter now, hugging her not too tight, since her wounds were still very fresh and she was still severely bruised.

"Because I can't remember everything."

Tim hesitated. He looked at his daughter, and saw that she was growing more scared as he thought of an answer. Finally, he said. "Well, tell me the last thing you remember."

"The ambulance ride," She reminded him.

"Tell me other things that you remember, that might confuse you maybe."

"I....remember....painting. Do I paint, Daddy?" The curiosity was bright across her face, as if she were eager to know exactly what her memories meant.

Tim nodded. "Yes, you make gorgeous paintings." He showed her and example of one he'd taken a picture of the other day.

"Wow, I made that? It's so pretty. When did I start painting?" She clutched the edge of her blankets, her eyes staring directly into Tim's.

"Highschool, darling."

She looked shocked. "I'm in highschool? How old am I again?"

"Seventeen. Eighteen in 7 months."

"Oh." She looked almost sad again, though not a sad as before. Elora stopped, her head beginning to ache. She lay back down on her pillow, her eyes drooping shut with exhaustion. "Wake me up when Mommy comes to visit. And tell her to eat, because her babies need the food."

This struck Tim's heart. "You remember that she's pregnant?"

Elora nodded. "I told you, I remember some things but not a lot. I remember she has a big belly with babies in them. She's still having them, right?"

Tim nodded. "And how do you....know she hasn't been eating?"

"She talks to you when she's in here, and sometimes I could hear her, but I could not wake up."

Tim sat back in his chair and cradled his head. Soon, Elora was fast asleep, and for a while, he was alone. He would have cried, except the joy of knowing Elora was alive was much greater than the tragedy of her lost memories. They would fix it in time, and who knows? The doctor stated numerous times that she could regain them.

When his wife returned, he let his daughter sleep. Harmony sat on Tim's lap and together they stared at their sleeping daughter, until they too, passed out from exhaustion. He knew the prospect of Elora's memory loss was hitting Harmony hard, and so he held her tightly to support her, to let her know she would have him through it all. His slender fingers rubbed her slightly protruding belly and he felt the tiny kicks of the second litter she carried for him.

Only a bit for now. I'm a bit tired, I donated blood for the first time :) My arm hurts, but it's for a good cause. I also got to sit around for a few hours out of class, which was also fun! All of my friends are 16, so they couldn't donate so I was basically alone in the gym :P Oh well, there's next year!

How are you all doing? I feel selfish when I make these little blurbs only about me. Also, Happy Birthday again, To DragonButter! Just had to say it, lol!

• We had a conversation about our age? I don't recall. :S

As for drinking, I MIGHT have a screwdriver the day I reach that age, we'll see. ;P And you're in the general area of being right again - it IS a new video game I have received. :)

LOL I bloody wish I was! XD I almost said 21 or 22 but I remembered a conversation not too long ago about our ages. NEXT year is the big mid

• Thank you so much, arteT!

Tetra posted: »

Happy birthday!

• The relationship Etan share with his father is some what similar to Bigby and Northwinds. Like Mr North, Hati had to leave behind his wife who ill. Etan was his only child,so he was the only hier to the throne..

Ever since, Hati was slowly rebuilding their relationship, but things did'nt turn out as they plan, but things might change sooner or later.

Hati clearly wasn't the sticking-around father type, what with missing the wedding 70 years ago! He is something of a charmer, though. An

• You know I had to read that twice before I realize that you said my username backwards XD

Thank you so much, arteT!

• It was awhile ago; I brought it up or somehting. IDK anymore. XD

Oh love me some screwdriver! And yay! Another point for pie!!

We had a conversation about our age? I don't recall. :S As for drinking, I MIGHT have a screwdriver the day I reach that age, we'll see. ;P And you're in the general area of being right again - it IS a new video game I have received.

• Ugh. Wonder how long this will last for poor Elora. :( Makes me sad knowing she has no other memory besides that of a ten year old. Hopefully something will trigger her memory; I have a feeling about SOMETHING and I'm connecting two and two but I could be wrong. Tim, though. He's a good daddy. :)

Hey! Congrats on giving blood. Did that last year. Got a cookie for it! xD Glad to hear things are good with you. Me....same thing. Work, school and baby on the way. We find out the gender on Wednesday! :D

Elora woke up wildly, her arms thrashing to get a hold of something solid. Something to bring her back into reality. There were tubes com

• edited November 2014

Wait a minute, a double happy birthday for me?

Alt text

Should I be flattered? :3

And since you mentioned Tetra and Stone, their ages still remain a mystery...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQoRXhS7vlU

Happy happy birthday, Dragon! EDIT: Oh crap...I think me and Pie are the oldest ones here on the thread! (Unless stone and Tetra are older than 25 or 26)

• edited November 2014

Savor the moment while you can, it will be the last point you'll be accumulating in quite a while. >:D

It was awhile ago; I brought it up or somehting. IDK anymore. XD Oh love me some screwdriver! And yay! Another point for pie!!

• Do you happen to be another one of my long-lost brothers? If so: then get in line! XD

And I am having a good day, don't you worry!

Eeek, happy birthday! XD Hope you're having a great day, man; good to hear you got what you want. By a strange coincidence, I turned 20 back in July. :O Just what are the chances of that?

• edited November 2014

I appreciate it, fellow dragon storyteller. :P

MasterStone posted: »

Happy Birthday Dragon!!!

• So exciting! I can't wait to see if it's a Georgie or an Emily <3

Ugh. Wonder how long this will last for poor Elora. Makes me sad knowing she has no other memory besides that of a ten year old. Hopefully

• edited November 2014

Would that song you just lyricized be from Lesley Gore, perchance?

I appreciate the happy b-day as well! And I gotta agree: 17 is a nice age. ^_^

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DRAGONBUTTER! Cue Song- "It's my birthday, I can cry if I wanna..." Best birthday song XD WOO! EDIT: I think I'm the youngest on here :L Not a bad thing though! 17 is a nice age

• Alt text

Tetra posted: »

You know I had to read that twice before I realize that you said my username backwards XD

• You know me man I just dance the night away like a dumb XD Alt text

Sign in to comment in this discussion.