Start a Story, be your own Fable. (Create a Fable Thread)

Comments

• Growing Up

Baby years

"Hey Snow? Could you look after Makoto? I gotta go run some errands." Bigby said

"I can't I gotta make a call to King Cole and update him how things are going over here." Snow said

"Well could you call Rose up and ask her to look after him." Bigby asked

"Yeah I'll get on it." Snow said

Bigby left leaving Makoto with Snow, Snow called Rose.

"Hey Rose could you look after Makoto today Bigby is gone and I need to call King Cole." Snow said

"Sure I don't mind, I'll be right there." Rose said

They both hung up, Rose got there thirty minutes later.

"You're late" Snow said

"I hit traffic, just give me the little shit and I'll go" Rose said

"HEY! Watch it around him." Snow snapped

"Oh I see your mother side showing Snow" She smiled "How do you think Bigby acts around him."

"Actually he behaves quite well after I put down some ground rules, He doesn't curse or smoke around him, and when he gets angry he brings people outside to question them more.....aggressively" Snow said

"Seems like you got him on quite the leash." Rose said walking out before Snow could snap at him some more.

Rose continued to take care of Makoto the most after that.

17 years later

"Hey Bigby? What happened to my parents?" Makoto asked

"Ah um you might want to ask Snow about that." Bigby said

"Okay be right back." Makoto said

In the business office

"Hey Snow? What happened to my parents." Makoto asked

"Your father, my little brother, fought to protect his friends and family. He always fought to find the truth about mysteries. He even saved Georgies life. He died the day after you were born. Your mother on the other hand abandoned you and left you with Rose, Bigby and I." Snow said

"Oh....."Makotos head lowered

"Anymore questions?" Snow asked

He shook his head and left, while walking back to Bigbys office he ran into Rose.

"Hey Makoto! Wanna hangout today?" Rose asked

He didn't reply he just kept walking both hands in his pocket.

Rose went into Snows office.

"Hey? What's wrong with Makoto?" Rose asked

"He asked about his parents and I told him everything, he has a right to know....."

"You didn't sugarcoat it or anything!?" Rose was shocked

"I thought about it.....maybe I should've but I didn't think it'd be fair to him if I lied." Snow said

"Well we gotta cheer him up somehow!"

"Why don't you go bring him out to get ice cream or something, he seems to prefer you over Bigby and myself." Snow said

"That's because you always leave him with me dumbass." Rose said

"Better watch your what you say Rose." Snow said

"Yeah sorry I'm just worried." Rose said

After that Rose went to see Makoto. He was outside.

"Hey wanna go get ice cream?" Rose said

"Sure" Makoto said

Rose and Makoto went out for ice cream and went back to her apartment.

"Sorry kid Snow and Bigby are busy so it looks like you'll be staying here." Rose said

"I normally sleep on the couch anyways." Makoto said

Someone knocked "Rose my dear are you home?"

"Go away Bluebeard! I got Makoto here." Rose said

"I hate that guy." Makoto said

"I know but he'll probably just barge in." Rose said

Bluebeard came in "Rose how're you today, and Makoto! You're growing up fast!" He said and looked at Rose "May I talk to you in private?"

"Fine but make it quick." She said

"Wasn't Rose with Jack?" Makoto thought, "So why does she keep hanging with this guy."

After a while he started hearing shouting. He walked up to the door and put his ear up to it.

"You know Rose, knives have their way of slipping and killing people. Accidents happen! Then people end up dead."

Dead, Makoto thought. His head started to hurt.

On instinct Makoto snapped his finger and a short sword appeared he sliced the door in half.

"What the fuck!" Rose exclaimed

"What is this kid up to?" Bluebeard said

"Leave now." Makoto said pointing the sword at Bluebeard

"You're pretty bold for a kid." Bluebeard said

"So? I hear you're pretty arrogant." Makoto replied

"Might want to watch yourself kid running mouths normally get you into a lot of trouble." Bluebeard said

"And being a murderer gets you into trouble." Makoto replied

"Do you have a death wish kid!" Bluebeard said

"That's enough Bluebeard!" Rose said

"I'll be keeping tabs on you kid." Bluebeard gave an aggressive look at Makoto

Bluebeard left.

"Makoto? What was that?"

"I can summon any weapon that comes to mind, at least medieval ones." Makoto said

"Well where did you learn to use them!?" Rose said

"Snow." Makoto said

That's right, Snow learned from Charming. Rose thought

"Well take it easy Bluebeard is no joke you could die!" Rose said

"Is dieing really that scary?" Makoto said with a blank expression

Rose didn't know how to answer, she couldn't believe he said that.

"Let's just call it a night." Rose said

"Okay."

The two fell asleep after their conversation.

That's it! I will be explaining more in depth about Makoto tomorrow, his power and personality wise. Any questions or comments let me know! :D

• Jackson and Scarlett had decided to stay at Harmony's house for a few more days, instead of heading back with Bigby to the Farm. Harmony had no problem with this, and even let them share a bed, to his surprise (Although, it wasn't like Jackson was going to get Scar pregnant when she already was). Her bedroom was painted a light lilac and felt rather bare. She had enough outfits that she'd left behind in her dresser to change in and out of through out the week, and Jackson could deal with borrowing some from Noah. Thankfully, Noah was similar in height and stature, so it would not be too bad.

Her bed was a queen size, just big enough to fit the both of them. At the moment on the Farm, they had been sleeping in separate rooms because each one contained twin sized beds; not nearly enough room for the two of them. Of course, Bigby was working on fixing that for them. Snow, on the other hand, was uneasy about letting them share a bed. Jackson could win her over though, through tons of sucking up to her and gaining her trust. Might take a while, but it will work, hopefully.

He ran his arm across Scarlett's back, quietly prodding her awake. "I smell pancakes, love."

She perked up, her nose sniffing the air like a dog,"...Oh, me too. Smells like-" She sniffed again. "Blueberries. And strawberries."

"You can smell the fruit in them?"

Scarlett tapped her nostril,"This sniffer is that of the grandest wolves. Do not doubt it."

Jackson laughed, kissing her nose and standing up. He tossed on a pair of clean pants, one that Noah claimed he never really wore. He kept switching between a grey flannel and a sweater that he wore the trip over here. The flannel would work for today, since it is not too chilly, nor too warm.

Stepping out into the hall, he saw a couple of Scar's siblings making their way downstairs. The rest of the week was off of school, considering Thanksgiving was only a few days away. He would never admit it, but part of him missed school. Scarlett and him were being tutored by Bo Peep at Rose's castle, though it wasn't quite the same.

Scarlett was close behind, a robe slipped on around her pajamas. She followed him to the kitchen's breakfast bar and sat in a stool, her hair a mess and her eyes drooping back to sleep.

"Morning, sir," He gestured to Tim.

Tim smiled, flipping a pancake and handing the plate of done ones over. "Call me Tim, for the millionth time, Jackson."

"You're sure?" Jackson asked. He especially didn't want to get on the bad side of his girlfriend's Dad. That would be the worst thing of all to happen.

"Yes, I am. Please, nobody calls me sir, unless they work for me."

"Right......About that-....Um....are you hiring over there?"

Tim took the done pancakes off of the frying pan, joining them with the rest of the done ones. Jackson was pouring syrup all over his, and tossing some fruit on them. He stole one of Scar's blueberries, though she hadn't seemed to notice. She didn't have her coffee yet, so she was officially a zombie until then.

"You want to pick up a job? Well, that's mighty responsible, but I think you should wait until you're 18. We don't hire under that age, plus you're still working on your education, no?"

"Well, yeah, I'm getting tutored on the Farm with Scar. But I want to know that I'm saving up for her and the baby..."

Tim always seemed to tense up at that last phrase. He, out of everyone, had yet to get used to it. "Right.....I'll look in to it for the future. I'll put a good word in, okay? But I want you to wait. You're only 16, Scar's only 17, and you currently have a roof and food on your plates. Take advantage of that for now."

"...Uh, thanks, Sir- I mean....Tim. Thanks Tim." Jackson felt his cheeks flush, embarrassed, but Tim either didn't notice or ignored it. Scarlett took a sip of her coffee, and finally entered the conversation.

"What did I miss?" She asked, stuffing a fork full of pancakes in her mouth. She stole one of Jackson's strawberries, though Jackson let her take it as payment for the blueberry he stole.

Harmony walked into the room, already dressed for the day and scrolling through whatever on her phone. "Oh man," Se said. "It looks like little Rachel broke her arm. That sucks. I'll have to go over today. "

"CAN I GO!?" Ashlyn practically yelled across the table. She was mid-spooning cereal into her mouth in addition to the mound of pancakes and fruit on the plate next to her. A wolf's appetite, yet she gains absolutely nothing.

Harmony looked at her, confused at first,"....Oh. Yeah. You can go, if you want."

Ashlyn silently cheered to herself, raising her arms in the air and flailing them around. Jackson had never seen this side of her; She was the shyest kid when they went to school. This was a much more pleasant side, in his opinion. Good, because if he was sticking with Scarlett for the rest of his life, he was going to have to put up with the whole family. Better to like them than to hate them.

Elora ignored everyone as she entered the room, grabbing her plate of cakes and heading to the porch. Everyone was concerned; Ashlyn moreso, and Jackson figured that Ash might actually know the cause of Elora's depression. Most had given up trying to cheer her up other than her mother, who was constantly bewildered at it all.

"Are you sure? It's a little chilly on the porch-"

"I'm fine, Mom." Elora said glumly, pulling the sliding glass door shut behind her.

Jackson clasped his hand in Scarlett's, who was still wolfing down more pancakes. At this rate, she would out-eat the biggest eater of them all, Ashlyn.

"No fair, I can't keep up!" Ash joked. She then looked to her mother, who was simply resting her cup of coffee at the top base of her rounding belly. "And what about you? She eats more than you, and she had only ONE!"

Harmony scowled," I don't have the same morning appetite. I get a good mound of food well after you cubs go to bed."

"Late night snacking is bad for you," Robert spoke up, his nose in a book as he occasionally nibbled his breakfast or sipped orange juice.

"Right...I'll have to break that habit next round," Harmony laughed. "Though, there won't be a next round. I'm done officially after this litter. D. O. N. E." She spelled out loud.

Jackson looked back to Scarlett, who was finishing her last pancake. He stared at her eyes, which seemed to glitter in the light of the sun that escaped through the kitchen blinds. He wasn't sure why, but he almost felt as if he could read her mind. She wanted more, too. Not now, not for a long time after this first baby. But eventually, when they had their own house and jobs and the time to do so. More kids. Jackson never thought he wanted to have any, or be with anyone his whole life. But right now, it felt so surreal that he could not get over the joy of it. He nodded, a smile matching Scar's, and they continued to finish up eating.

"Any names?" Noah asked, pushing his plate away and burping out loud.

"Nasty," Ashlyn said under her breath. She took a big swig of her orange juice, followed by sipping the last of the milk in her bowl, and then burped even louder and longer than Noah did. "How was THAT? I give it personal 11/10!"

"I rate it a 7," Noah muttered.

"So that makes your burp like- Negative eighty, then."

"Oh, stop it you two. You're both disgusting," Tim said. He turned the burner of the stove off, and finally started munching on his own breakfast. "Do you want to tell them, though?" He gestured his wife.

Harmony nodded,"Yes, of course. Me and your father thought of the names Jason, Adeline, Jessamine, and Gabriel for the newest arrivals."

"I like Jessamine," Scarlett said.

"I like them all. Gabriel's gonna be my buddy, that's for sure."

"Ha, you wish," Ash said. "He's gonna be my go-to dude."

"You can have Jason," Noah retorted.

"No! I wanted Gabriel before you!"

"No! I said it first, therefore he is my little dude!"

The siblings continued to bicker, and Jackson noticed Harmony hang her head into one of her hands disappointingly,"Guess we should have waited for Thanksgiving. God, I need some pain medication for my head."

"I'll get it, dear," Tim said.

Jackson felt Scarlett's hand go loose as she left the kitchen and went to the living room. He followed, tending to stick by her the most. She sat on the couch, pulling her legs up to relax. They say next to each other as the clatter of the kitchen was heard through the doorway.

"My family's lovely, no?" She said sarcastically.

"I like them a lot," Jackson said.

"You're joking, right?"

"No, no. I do. Ash reminds me of my sister. I should go see her this week..."

"My mom invited her and her mom, so you'll see them at Thanksgiving dinner."

"Awesome," Jackson said, though he was a bit distant. "My mom's mad at me. She....tries not to show it. But I think she's disappointed in me."

"Don't let it get to you," Scarlett whispered.

"I'll try. I love you," He told her. He was making sure she knew. Making up for those countless times he'd left her hanging. Those countless times he'd broke her.

"I love you too," she said, kissing him. A habit of hers was to place his hand on her tummy, and soon enough he began doing that with out her incentive. He couldn't wait to feel the tiny kicks of his baby against her stomach. It was both heartwarming and mind blowing to know that such life existed in a person.

Another chapter! <3 I've been so busy guys T.T school mostly, so yeah. I'll catch up eventually, for now all I can do is post my own things and then get back to doing either homework or chores or sleeping. Thanks for the patience! I'll try to get some reading done tonight, but I have to do some music converting for my sister who is at work, and I have to finish a lab report due tomorrow, and I also need to shower. I'm stinky.

• Damn, I bet you have a better light display at Disney World than what my lava lamp can do. Actually, the British Iluminati tried to go to a meeting held by the American Illuminati some 6 months ago, but we misjudged our plane flight and landed in Cuba by mistake. That was a strange few days until we realized we were in the wrong place.

Anyway, it seems you're popular with secret societies. The NeoNazis are much more fun than those old Nazis; and maybe you can get the KKK to wear something other than that plain old white - it's soo late 19th century.

It seems neither of us can keep our societies very secret. Perhaps Dragon is some sort of government agent and we've fallen into his trap.

EMMYPESS posted: »

A shame, the American Illuminati is much more popular. It's held in Disney World, as far as I remember, though I could be wrong because I ha

• 'Turkeys: the only animal smarter than man.' That Simpons line has been going through my head the entire time I've been reading these Thanksgiving tales. XD

Aww, Hans is just a cuddly bear - I already feel sorry for him. :P For now, I'm just going to go to bed with the two images @JJWolf posted of Gerogie and Hans, because I missed the comma in his last sentence the first time I read it, and mistakenly thought they both looked incredibly serious about hunting pies. Which I find amusing. xD

pudding_pie posted: »

You never know...those Turkeys MAY be a bit smarter than you think. xD With Wolves and Grendels, you'd think they had this in the bag. Ge

• Be on your guard. @EMMYPESS @LupineNoir

Alt text

LupineNoir posted: »

Damn, I bet you have a better light display at Disney World than what my lava lamp can do. Actually, the British Iluminati tried to go to a

• edited November 2014

Oh yeah, I've noticed. Although, I gotta admit, Ash is being too harsh on her. Elora will pull through though.

My bad! I should've known from the sudden burst of energy you described the other cubs with, my bad again!

Yeah, she's growing on me too ^-^ They were having a good time, other than Elora, I suppose. She's got issues to sort out, as you've noticed.

• Damn it, Tetra, the feels!

Tetra posted: »

Only the people of Fabletown know of his actions, and his friends who are also gone/ didn't even exist. It's truly a shame

• Don't worry Makoto will have it better right!.......right? :(

Damn it, Tetra, the feels!

• edited November 2014

I hope so, otherwise I'll hunt you down and trap you inside of my heart. (muahahaha!)

Don't worry Makoto will have it better right!.......right?

• It sucks even more, because Cuba is not allowed to send any planes or people over to America, so you really were stuck there.

The NeoNazis....are, interesting. Very demanding, a little brutal sometimes.

I'm trying to make the KKK's new color a nice shade of either Periwinkle or Chartreuse. There'll be a vote on it soon, though I think the members were reluctant. I'm afraid we'll end up having to pick a less "Bold" color, like Navy Blue, or Cardinal Red. Personally, I like periwinkle the best.

Most likely. He seems the 'CIA' type, or maybe even 'FBI'. I dunno though, I suppose he'll reveal himself eventually.

Damn, I bet you have a better light display at Disney World than what my lava lamp can do. Actually, the British Iluminati tried to go to a

• It's alright! I don't condemn you for the misunderstanding! And yeah, Ash was kinda being a little harsh. She tried though, she tried.

Oh yeah, I've noticed. Although, I gotta admit, Ash is being too harsh on her. Elora will pull through though. My bad! I should've known from the sudden burst of energy you described the other cubs with, my bad again!

• Oh spooky! :3 but are you willing to sacrifice it all ;D

I hope so, otherwise I'll hunt you down and trap you inside of my heart. (muahahaha!)

• LMAO! That pic of Gren! XD

JJwolf posted: »

Gina managed to cook several 'test' dishes for her candied Yams. Hans claimed each one was a delicate dish and was pleasing to his taste bud

• LMAO! Oh Man! You are on a roll with your funny images, dude! XD Poor Hans! Georgie looks so determined! :P

My $$$ is on Hans and Georgie. Those two have Turkey hunter written all over. XD Just look at Hans alone.... Just imagine these two hunting, pie. Winners!

• The locals were friendly, at least: they'd always shout '¡desaparecer inglés!' whenever I came near. No idea what it means, but I imagine it was some sort of warm greeting.

It's a shame the NeoNazis are still brutal. I thought they'd taken something from the Hippies and were much more 'flower-power', and 'groovy', but it seems not. A shame.

Periwinkle is a delightful colour, but Chartereuse can be tricky to pull off. I'd put your foot down in any way you can to sway the vote off Cardinal Red - with those pointed hats, everyone would look like a strange cosplay of fireworks. A strange and poor cosplay.

Secretly, he probably wants to join one of these societies, because they serve tea, coffee, and hot chocolate at their meetings; the CIA and FBI only do water from one of those glugging office coolers.

It sucks even more, because Cuba is not allowed to send any planes or people over to America, so you really were stuck there. The NeoNazi

• if I know Wal-Mart - which I sort of do because they own 'Asda' over here - there are numerous items Etan could be after. Just what could it be?

At least they should do okay finding the ingredients. :)

MasterStone posted: »

Thanksgiving challenge Gathering the Goods As thanksgiving draws near our heroes must prepare for the massive feast and gathering, and

• "And being a murderer gets you into trouble." Makoto replied

Ballsy - I like it! :D

Bluebeard always seems to be up to something nefarious; even when he's trying to help out he usually goes about it in unscrupulously. So, that could be bad for Makoto and Rose. It was a hard way for Makoto to find out about his parents, though I'm holding out that Naoto might turn up in the future.

Growing Up Baby years "Hey Snow? Could you look after Makoto? I gotta go run some errands." Bigby said "I can't I gotta make a call

• I love them arguing over their yet to be born siblings! Though I can feel Harmony's exasperation, too. xD

Can understand why Jackson would wish to keep on the good side of Tim, Harmony and Snow. Bigby, too. Actually, he's probably best just being very careful around everyone! I'm wondering where things are going to go with Elora and Ash, but Scarlett and Jackson's fruit-swapping is entertaining enough for now!

Jackson and Scarlett had decided to stay at Harmony's house for a few more days, instead of heading back with Bigby to the Farm. Harmony had

• edited November 2014

Actually, I don't think I could. D: I need my butter to survive!

Oh spooky! but are you willing to sacrifice it all ;D

• Aha! I've found your weakness!!! :D

Actually, I don't think I could. I need my butter to survive!

• Yes Bluebeard is a tricky guy, ya never know what card he has up his sleeve. Yeah Makoto at the moment seems pretty lifeless especially after he heard one parent is dead and one is gone, he even states he's not afraid of dieing which seemed to have scared the shit out of Rose!

"And being a murderer gets you into trouble." Makoto replied Ballsy - I like it! Bluebeard always seems to be up to something ne

• edited November 2014

Awakening

That same night at the business office

"Miss White? A sword has gone missing while I checked inventory." Bufkin said

"What sword?" Snow asked

"Just a short sword, do you think someone stole it?" Bufkin asked

"Makoto must've summoned one, I'll ask him later." Snow said

"He can summon weapons? When did he learn to do that!" Bufkin said

"We first realized when we tested if he was like his father at The Farm." Snow said

"Isn't that dangerous!? He could've died!" Bufkin said

"No it was just a test, but there was an accident." Snow said

"What happened Miss White?" Bufkin asked

"Well...." Snow began

7 years earlier in Bigbys office

"Hey Makoto can you go get ready?" Snow asked

Makoto nodded and left.

"Where are you taking him?" Bigby asked

"The Farm. I want to see if he's like his father." Snow said

"Are you sure about that? Couldn't you just ask him to snap his finger?" Bigby said

"I have to go check the farm anyways." Snow said

"You know best." Bigby said

Makoto entered the room

"All ready." He said

"Okay, hey take this" Snow handed him Lukes handgun.

"Why do I need this?" Makoto asked

"You might need it someday." Snow said "Lets go we're going to be late."

At the Farm

"Hey guys how are you today?" Snow asked

"Good, how're you doing Makoto?" The Pigs asked

"I'm fine." He replied

Snow whispered to the pigs. "Is everything set up?"

"Yup right when you walk by the rhino will bust out." They said

Snow turned to Makoto "Okay let's get going."

When they walked by the stable the rhino broke through the door in a fit and charged Snow

Okay Makoto do your thing. Snow thought.

Makoto stared at what was about to happen. His head began to hurt. He snapped his finger and a sword appeared and he blocked the rhinos charge.

Snow in shock saw Makoto make the Vorpal Sword appear out of thin air. Makoto threw the rhino off and charged back and swung the sword at the rhino, before Snow could say anything.

Snicker-Snack! The sword went right right through the rhino cutting him in half.

"Oh my god!" Snow said in shock

"What the fuck!?" the pigs shouted

Makoto had inhuman strength for a boy his age but slow and inexperienced. He dropped the sword and it disappeared. He walked over to Snow and lifted her off the ground. He had tears in his eyes.

"I'm sorry Snow, I thought it was going to kill you. I'm so sorry." Makoto cried

Snow not knowing what to do told the pigs to clean up the mess. She turned to Makoto.

"So you are just like your father, but you summon weapons instead of elements." Snow said giving Makoto a hug "It's okay this is my fault, it was my idea stop crying."

"You know this is going to hit pretty on not only him but you Snow." The pigs said.

"Not if it doesn't leave this farm it won't" Snow said

"We're just supposed to keep our mouths shut!" They said

"About this incident? Yes." Snow said

"Fine but you owe us." The pigs said

"We're turning in." Snow said

They walked to their lodgings.

"That kid could help us in our revolution!" One of the pigs said

"But he murdered one of our comrades!" The other said.

"Let's keep an eye on him." another pig said

In the house.

"Makoto how'd you know what the Vorpal Sword was?" Snow asked

"I heard you and Bufkin talk about it." He replied "It was the first thing that came to my mind when you got attacked."

"Well that's interesting can you summon anything else? Try a bow and some arrows." She asked

Makoto snapped his finger and was outfitted with a bow and a full quiver.

Snow was amazed, realizing that he should be trained to use these weapons she called Bigby.

"Bigby? You there?" Snow asked

"Yeah we tried to contact you, the Vorpal Sword disappeared and re-appeared. " He asked

"Yeah that would've been Makoto." Snow said "He's like Luke but he summons weapons instead of elements. He accidently killed the rhino." Snow said

"I see, well how're we going to go about this incident? Should we arrest him?" Bigby asked

"No I'm making sure it doesn't see the light of day, But he needs to be trained." Snow said

"Snow.....Is that smart?" Bigby said

"Look I'm not going to arrest my little brothers kid due to an accident." Snow said

"Okay, well what do you want me to do? I just use my wolf powers." Bigby said

"I want you to train his endurance and senses." Snow said "Leave the weapons to me, I've had lessons before."

"Okay." Bigby said and hung up.

Am I doing the right thing? Snow thought, maybe I should bring the kid in.

Days later out in the field with Bigby.

"Hey Bigby? What are we doing out here?" Makoto asked

"Snow wants me to make you faster and heighten your senses and reflexes." Bigby said

"Okay." Makoto said snapping his finger summoning a sword

For the first couple of days Bigby stayed human but as days passed he transformed more and more showing Makoto no mercy and not holding back his strength. It was years before Makoto could go even an hour without predicting Bigbys movement. And even longer before going back to the business office unscathed by his attacks.

When Makoto trained with Snow she taught him about the various weapons he used, in particular a sword. When she had relative time she would fence with him, and much like Bigby went easy the first few days went easy then progressively getting harder and more aggressive. Months would pass before he could even get one hit and years before he could win without Snow getting a single hit on him thanks to Bigbys training.

All this time took them six and a half years to do.

"So that's what happened and explains where you would be!" Bufkin said

"Yup, I'm turning in." Snow said

"Goodnight!" Bufkin said

That's it! I know some of this might be out of character (I believe I might've done it before) and I apologize, I try to keep them at least a little in character XD. Any questions or comments let me know! :D

• Sounds like a nice time, despite not making the meeting!

Not here, at least. Here, they've got a much closer following to Hitlers teachings. The only reason I ended up being rejected was for my brown hair and eyes, but otherwise they were particularly considering me.

Just got the memo today, actually. They ended up voting for Yellow (I had no idea that was an option?) But it's better than white. I can imagine white was harder to clean the stains off of, so hopefully yellow suits them. As for accepting me to their group... They said they'd get back to me. Apparently I'm too friendly to people who are not accepted in the group.

That's exactly what I was thinking. He probably also wants the cookies and biscuits because those are phenomenal. As long as they haven't been baked with arsenic. We have that problem every now and again, sadly. Poor Bob, I thought he was rather nice. The superiors did not, obviously.

The locals were friendly, at least: they'd always shout '¡desaparecer inglés!' whenever I came near. No idea what it means, but I imagine it

• Really, they're still going for the whole blonde hair blue eyes nonsense? I mean, have they seen a picture of Hitler? If it's any consolation, I'd be rejected for my brown hair and eyes, too. Actually, I have a streak of gray hair above my forehead - goodness knows what they'd make of that. Probably do me in on the spot.

Oh, those KKK types - so unpredictable. Yellow should cheer everyone right up though, as well as being practical like you say. Yet you're too friendly to others to join? Oh, now that is a shame. You could try harder to be despicable, but I'm afraid that more often than not it's just something you have to be born with. Like ginger hair: it simply isn't going to happen by eating carrots, for example. Believe me. I've tried.

Ah, Bob! We hardly knew ye. The superiors are far too picky at times, I think. They should be more open-minded, and -- what's that? Do I want a cookie? Well, I don't see why not!

crunch

Ah -- uh oh.

Sounds like a nice time, despite not making the meeting! Not here, at least. Here, they've got a much closer following to Hitlers teachin

• Elora made it clear up to this day, the day before Thanksgiving, that she had not wanted to speak with or partake in any family activity. Tensions growing at their worst, she left the yard of her house entirely. Her feet brought her to the edge of the lake; One of the most beautiful sights in this world. The reflection of the mountains behind it were like a mirror, making it look as though it were a portal to another world. Another universe.

She sighed, sitting down in the dirt and bringing her knees against her chest. She was tired of feeling sad. She was tired of feeling angry. And yet, as soon as she faced the reasons for those feelings, they would be rekindled into a burning fire that ceased to stop growing larger and larger. This was part of the reason she isolated herself. She could not bear to keep rekindling it.

Maybe if she left for a while. Maybe she could....

No. No. Scarlett was leaving soon after Thanksgiving. She would repair herself then. For now....

Stay far. Far away from both of them. That should work, she hoped.

She began to cry again. Why, oh why, did this impact her so hard? Why was she having such strong feelings for a boy who barely ever gave her enough attention to be valid in her life? He was slender, and handsome. Everything that was ever attractive in Elora's eyes. He had a movie star's qualities, she thought.

And then, there was also the mundy boy from school. She would never, ever admit it, but....He was also on her list of crush's. He couldn't be an option, she knew. Mundies cannot know of the existence of Fabletown. There were few exceptions to the rule, and to be with him would mean to cut off contact with her whole family. To live out there, in the world. Alone.

Maybe she wasn't grieving over the loss of having Jackson, but rather the sudden realization that she could not be the things she wanted to be. She could not be somebody prominent. She couldn't become a star, or a humanitarian, or anything even remotely well known. It was depressing.

Surely, there could be some way? Right?

She had no idea. For now, she would be alone. For now, she would be in school. She would graduate next year, which was remotely exciting. And then she could do something about it then.

For now, she would wait.

"You're lovely today," Tim said as I crossed the room in a sun dress. My belly made it tight, signifying that soon, I would need to whip out the maternity clothes I thought I would never use again. The whole house was coming together nicely, with decorations finally up and the dining room table set for plenty of people. I would have to go through the number of plates again, making sure I counted everyone.

Tim snuck up behind me, his hands steady on my waist. It was more for his support than mine, considering he chose not to use his crutch too much today.

"You smell lovely," He added. "You feel lovely. You are, the epitome of 'Lovely'."

I giggled as his head landed on my shoulder, his arms embracing around to rub my tummy and sway me back and forth. "What songs did you pick out?"

"I was just going to stream Pandora from the laptop."

"There should be songs as lovely as you playing," He whispered in my ear.

"What are you trying to do, seduce me?" I pause. "It's kind of....working..."

I turned, swaying with him as we faced each other. All these years, and the butterflies are still there, in a massive swarm near the pit of my stomach. The first time we met, we were dancing like this. It was so long ago, and yet the memory was my most vivid one of him. Again, there was the time spent in Spain. Where he kissed me...

"JUST LEAVE ME ALONE! PLEASE!" Elora. The moment ruined, me and Tim pulled apart. There was a crash, the sound of something breaking. We gave each other a worried look, and darted from the dining room to the living room, and then to the study at the end of the house.

"I just-....I'll pay for it, Sir, I will. She just...I don't-" Jackson was babbling, very dumbfounded. Scarlett just stood, her face fuming red but her jaw dropped open, as if her and Elora had been arguing and then Elora did something unexpected.

Like break the ceramic turkey I bought earlier today.

"She-...Left, the front door. I swear, I didn't know-"

"It's okay, Jackson," I said, patting his shoulder. "Why don't you get the broom and clean up. At least you have shoes on, so none should be in your feet. Scarlett?"

She snapped her attention to me, her mouth still open and the color draining back to normal.

"What happened?"

Scarlett gulped softly,"It was an accident. I-"

"What?"

"I broke the turkey. She-...."

Me and Tim exchanged glances, utterly confused. "What happened?"

Scarlett took a deep breath. "I...saw her in here, alone. Ashlyn told me why she's acting this way, and I-"

"Wait, what?" Tim interjected. "Ash knew? And no one else?"

Scar nodded. She took a seat on a nearby armchair, fanning herself with a book on the end table. "I...She was 'In Love' or something with Jackson. It....bothered me, when Ash told me. I figured talking to her about it might fix a few things, but before I could even suggest that I knew, she got pissy with me."

"Language," Tim narrowed his eyes.

"Sorry. Anyway, I decided not to bring anything up, and maybe talk about something else and then we just started arguing, and then she told me herself what she was dealing with. I swear, I was afraid she would punch me. She was swing her hands in anger, and she was about to push me or something, and told me to just leave her alone, and that's when I took the turkey and....threw it. It didn't hurt her bad, but she darted to the front door and left. And Jackson then walked in."

I covered my mouth.

How could I have not seen it?

"Do you...know where she could have gone?"

"No clue." Scarlett said."...I'm sorry, I really am. If I didn't-"

"No, Scarlett," Tim spoke up again. "It's not your fault. I will find her. Stay home, Harmony. Take care of the rest of them while I'm gone."

"Are you sure?"

Tim nodded. "Yes, I am."

There's another chapter! I hope you liked it. Any questions, you can ask!

• Oh, do I feel sorry for the poor rhino! 'Just take part in Snow's plan,' they said - 'You won't get hurt,' they said; and then next thing you know he/she has been cut in two.

The references to the pigs rebellion were good, and it's great to get to know just what Makoto can do! He's be good in a fight. :)

Awakening That same night at the business office "Miss White? A sword has gone missing while I checked inventory." Bufkin said "Wha

• This was bound to happen at some point, I suppose. :/ I'm intrigued as to what Elora might get up to in her future, but for the present it seems things have moved onto the rough road, so to speak.

Hmm, I do feel sorry for Elora - it's not her fault she loves Jackson. Scarlett and Jackson have every right to be together and happy, though. I reckon teenage hormones are to blame!

Elora made it clear up to this day, the day before Thanksgiving, that she had not wanted to speak with or partake in any family activity. Te

• Yeah the rhino got the worst of it sadly :( Oh Makoto will be there for the rebellion ;) but whose side will he take? Rose who's been like a mother to him, or Snow and sort of Bigbys side (I say sort of because he wasn't necessarily there :p) who's been their mentors and taught him everything he knows about combat? :D

Oh, do I feel sorry for the poor rhino! 'Just take part in Snow's plan,' they said - 'You won't get hurt,' they said; and then next thing yo

• Wow, way to break the ice with Makoto, Snow! Dang, always gotta be painfully honest with everything! XP Of course, Rose Red is right on sugarcoating it. She's always right. :3

And Bluebeard picking a fight with a kid, I think he just sunk to a new low. :P

Growing Up Baby years "Hey Snow? Could you look after Makoto? I gotta go run some errands." Bigby said "I can't I gotta make a call

• Wal-Mart, huh? I sense it'll be quite the journey if he's going to overcome the challenges that await him there. XD

MasterStone posted: »

Thanksgiving challenge Gathering the Goods As thanksgiving draws near our heroes must prepare for the massive feast and gathering, and

• edited November 2014

Aww, I absolutely adore Rose in this chapter! Sigh, all the more reason to love her more. :3

And it seems like Robert and Lyla have finally came to an understanding with one another, as Pie said above! I'm super-duper glad!

Chapter 16 "Prepare" Wearing sunglasses and a bandana under her hair, Rose and Robert walked up to a clothing store and instantly sear

• Alright, the hunt is finally on now! About time, I say! :D

Seems like a bet is going on in the comments with Georgie and the gang up above, too. XD

Thanksgiving Challenge Part 10: It's on, bitch! The Smith Manor was a bussle of family members preparing for that day. The kitchen sme

• Wow, Harmony had a queen-size bed huh? I wonder what for? ;) ...Only joking again. :P

Also, at this rate, Ashlyn could out-eat Scooby Doo and Shaggy! Like, that's bizarre!

Jackson and Scarlett had decided to stay at Harmony's house for a few more days, instead of heading back with Bigby to the Farm. Harmony had

• Fury

The next day Snow spoke to Makoto

"Makoto a sword went missing last night, was that you?" Snow asked

"Yes, Bluebeard sounded like he was going to kill Rose so I acted." Makoto said

"Did he attack you or anything?" Snow asked

"No he just made threats." Makoto said

"Did you hit him?" Snow asked

"No I just made him leave then I went to bed" Makoto said

"Okay then you can go now I was just curious." Snow said

He left The Woodlands to get a bite to eat. While walking he saw various Fables along the way. It was supposed to be sunny but it was quite windy and the directions that Bigby wrote down for him slipped out of his hand, it flew right onto this girls shoulder. She wasn't that tall had dirty blonde hair and amethyst purple eyes, she handed him the paper.

"I believe this is yours" She says

She didn't sound human but the way she walked was normal Makoto thought nodded taking the paper and walked on.

"I found him." She whispered to herself

By the time Makoto stumbled through the city to try and find the place it was night time, while he was walking home he cut through an alley. He was stopped mid-way into the alley.

"Hey kid you look a little lost." the man said with a smirk

"Hey ain't this Lukes kid?" the other said

Makoto got a good look at them one had a robotic arm and the other a robotic leg.

"Who cares Jersey! We're going to be rich by the end of this!" The man said

"Yeah if we make it out of this alive Gren." Jersey said

Gren pulled out a switch blade while Jersey held out a gun.

Makoto snapped his finger and summoned a sword.

"This is definitely Lukes kid!" Jersey started shaking and uneasy

"Just shoot him then!" Gren yelled

Jersey dropped the gun and ran.

"What the hell Jersey!?" Gren yelled

Makoto saw the opportunity and cut off his robotic arm it seems to have been connected to his muscles because he started bleeding.

"You little shit!" Gren yelled as Makoto walked away.

After that Makoto had to explain to Snow that he was jumped by a man named Gren and Jersey.

The next day Makoto was in Bigbys office, everything seemed fine until Jack ran into his office.

"Bigby there was-there is- an awful crime!" Jack said out of breath

Makoto was interested so he listened in.

"Bigby Rose Red is missing! She has gone missing! When I walked in there was blood lots of blood!" Jack said

Makoto was in shock, Rose is missing? It had to have been.....

"Alright Jack let me go tell Snow I'll be back."

As soon as Bigby left Makoto left as well but to the elevators. He reached the Bluebeards room and knocked. Supposedly no one was there. Makoto went to the streets.

"Are you looking for Bluebeard? You won't find him" A woman's voice said

Makoto turned it was that same girl from the other day.

"My name is Velvet." She said

"Makoto." He replied

"Bluebeard sure is acting suspicious though ever since Rose Red has gone missing."

How does she know about this town and that it had Fables?

"Yeah and I suppose you know where he is?" Makoto asked

"Nope just pure coincidence." She said

"I don't have time for this." Makoto said

"You know your father and mother would be proud of who you're becoming." She replied before he could walk off.

Makoto stopped in his tracks, the woman smiled she knew she hit his sweet spot.

"What do you know of my mother? Where she could be?" He asked

"I can't tell you that now. She is still recuperating she will see you when you endure a big fight that is heading your way soon, when you meet her it's up to you what you want to do with her." She said

Makoto although still mad regained composure and started to walk back inside the business office but Alyx stopped him.

"Where are you going? Aren't you going to invite me in?" Alyx asked

"Why? Don't you have somewhere to be or something to do?" Makoto said

"Well I'd hope to be friends." Alyx said

Friends.....Makoto thought....thinking back on it he didn't grow up with any friends.

"Sure I guess." Makoto said

"I was just going to walk in anyways" She smiled

They walked into Bigbys office where he had returned.

"Oh Makoto getting to that age huh?" Bigby said

"No she just kinda forced her way in with me." He said

"Gee thanks." Alyx said

"Hey Alyx can you do me a favor and wait outside?" Bigby asked

"I require to be by his side at all times" She said

Makoto looked shocked. Who was this woman?

"Yeah that's great sweetheart but he isn't going anywhere." Bigby said

She left the room

"Look Makoto I know how you must feel about Rose going missing, but I want you to let me handle this okay?" Bigby said

"Okay." Makoto said

"Now why don't you go hangout with Alyx. Show her around." Bigby said

"I would if I knew where I was going." Makoto said

Bigby wrote down instructions to various locations of some places to go. Makoto took the piece of paper and went with Velvet for the day.

When they got back it was night time and Velvet was still following him. Bigby gave him a key.

"Here it's about time you got your own apartment." He said and looked at Velvet, "And I think you should head on home."

She shook her head "I will always be by his side."

"You're not human are you?" Bigby asked

She smiled "Very good sheriff! Now we'll be leaving." She said grabbing Makoto's arm and rushing to the apartment room.

When they got inside she said goodnight and went to sleep although it was weird she was standing up. Makoto didn't much care anymore, he had another objective and that was to find Bluebeard and question him. He fell asleep.

That's it! What's up with this mysterious woman? Rose has gone missing!? So much stuff! Any questions or comments ask away! :D

• Snow loves telling the painful truth! XD I wonder how it would've turned out if Rose Red had done the talking maybe Makoto wouldn't be so hurt. Haha Bluebeard will do anything to get what he wants. :P

Wow, way to break the ice with Makoto, Snow! Dang, always gotta be painfully honest with everything! XP Of course, Rose Red is right on suga

• Yeah, good ol' Rose should've done the talking. She does know best, after all. ;P

Snow loves telling the painful truth! XD I wonder how it would've turned out if Rose Red had done the talking maybe Makoto wouldn't be so hurt. Haha Bluebeard will do anything to get what he wants. :P

• When Makoto killed the rhino, I was waiting for a "(?) The Farm will remember that." message to pop up. XD

Also, snicker-snack? That's the first time I've seen that particular phrase be used as a sound effect.

Awakening That same night at the business office "Miss White? A sword has gone missing while I checked inventory." Bufkin said "Wha

• Scarlett, what have you done...

Elora made it clear up to this day, the day before Thanksgiving, that she had not wanted to speak with or partake in any family activity. Te

• Indeed seems like a bet HAS been placed. Should I put you down for Hans and Georgie? XD

Alright, the hunt is finally on now! About time, I say! Seems like a bet is going on in the comments with Georgie and the gang up above, too. XD

• Hmmm... it'll be Georgie and Jersey for me! I can literally smell the cash money rolling in. ;)

Indeed seems like a bet HAS been placed. Should I put you down for Hans and Georgie? XD

Sign in to comment in this discussion.