Please Make a Wii Version, Telltale

edited July 2011 in Wallace & Gromit
Hopefully, a wii version will be released eventually of Wallace and Gromit.

Comments

• edited July 2009
    The Wii would burst into flames and die.
  • edited July 2009
    Or, melt into a pile of clay?
  • edited July 2009
    PariahKing wrote: »
    The Wii would burst into flames and die.

You mean like it almost did when playing Tales of Monkey Island episode 1?
  • edited July 2009
    Pale Man wrote: »
    Exactly, except the iron will glow green this time instead of blue.
  • edited July 2009
    How IS MI on the Wii?
  • edited July 2009
    How IS MI on the Wii?

It is still fighting with the 40 meg limit imposed by the virtual console :D, in perfect pirate tradition, swashbuckling its way through the ssd :D
  • edited January 2010
    *HSR* wrote: »
    Hopefully, a wii version will be released eventually of Wallace and Gromit.
    I'd be very pleased to play this game, but will only do so on the Wii.
    (I don't play games on the PC, and don't own any other consoles...)

I'd actually prefer to pick the series up on disc, like with Sam & Max,
    it seems better value for me like that, and that eliminates any 40MB
    limit on the download. The same goes for the Strong Bad series too.

I guess Microsoft have it marked exclusive for Xbox Live, anyway.
  • edited January 2010

Yet again the wii version does not suck, I run it perfectly, with NOOO Problems. I think the people who say the wii version sucks, need to check their nintendo wiis out in case they may have errors.
  • edited January 2010
    Gman5852 wrote: »
    Yet again the wii version does not suck, I run it perfectly, with NOOO Problems. I think the people who say the wii version sucks, need to check their nintendo wiis out in case they may have errors.

Comparing the way it runs on Wii and the load times it has to the PC version, the Wii version does have significant difficulty running it vs. the PC. This problem was lessened in later chapters, but the first chapter runs the worst of the bunch. Granted, it is still very playable, it's just irritating to people who are used to the silky smooth framerates the PC version has.
  • edited February 2010
    Plz i need why you don't made it like SBCG4AP for XBLA
  • edited February 2010
    Lucoshi wrote: »
    Plz i need why you don't made it like SBCG4AP for XBLA

Shouldn't you be asking for this in the forum actually for that game rather than this one? Just to clarify, this is the Wallace and Gromit forum, so they aren't going to be looking for requests for SBCG4AP here.
  • edited February 2010
    Comparing the way it runs on Wii and the load times it has to the PC version, the Wii version does have significant difficulty running it vs. the PC. This problem was lessened in later chapters, but the first chapter runs the worst of the bunch. Granted, it is still very playable, it's just irritating to people who are used to the silky smooth framerates the PC version has.

Which everything you said about the PC is not true for me. I have very slow loading times, just to move an inch, at the setting of 1. wiiware nothing. granite 1 was the worst when it came to this, but I still had swift loading, screens everything perfectly smooth, I'm shockede that it DID get better in future chapters. I still have no clue why you guys say the wiiware version is terrible. You guys really need to check with Nintendo about your wiis.
  • edited February 2010
    Gman5852 wrote: »
    Which everything you said about the PC is not true for me. I have very slow loading times, just to move an inch, at the setting of 1. wiiware nothing. granite 1 was the worst when it came to this, but I still had swift loading, screens everything perfectly smooth, I'm shockede that it DID get better in future chapters. I still have no clue why you guys say the wiiware version is terrible. You guys really need to check with Nintendo about your wiis.

Inverse logic: then you should probably check with your PC manufacturer too...
  • edited February 2010
    WE WANT W&G ON WII WARE!!!!! I am a huge fan of Wallace and Gromit and i was really looking foward to Grand Adventures coming out on Wii Ware. But when it did come out they said it was on XBOX LIVE. Telltale clearly have not thought this through. What if people can't get XBOX LIVE or do not have an XBOX 360? What if people (like me) can't download games onto the PC without messing up there hole computer?

And another thing why did they not release the episodes on a XBOX 360 disc? It would have easier and simpler. I hope telltale makes a note of all this.

Just PLEASE release Wallace and Gromit's Grand Adventures on Wii Ware ASAP. It helps get rid of every day boredom.
  • edited February 2010
    Inverse logic: then you should probably check with your PC manufacturer too...

Yet again i played tales on 2 different PCs from 2 different manufacturers(ok 3 but that one couldent play 1 homestar vid with flash all the way installed in everything so i dont count that) and neither could play it. yet the wii can play anything i give it(that is a nintendo title:)) no prob. I have only found 1 major issue and that is more telltale's fault(whenever i play the cutscene where
    ealiane joins lechuck
    only Guybrush's hook is visible)
  • edited March 2010
    Wii is entirely different than a PC. When a game is developed for Wii, they know exactly what your hardware will be no matter what.

With a PC, you could be trying to run a game on a video card that was sealed in an ancient Egyptian temple and recently unearthed, and there's no way anyone will make their games compatible with video cards THAT old. Not to mention that if your GPU is just an onboard intel piece of junk, it will have trouble running anything, so it can't be expected for any game developer to even take those video cards into consideration.

The assumption is that if you care about PC gaming, you can be bothered to buy/upgrade your PC at least once every 4-5 years, if not more, whereas with a console you'll just end up buying a new console every 4-5 years if you'd like to stay up to date.
  • edited July 2011
    The clay animation "look" that's critical to making Wallace & Gromit look like the original Aardman films depends heavily on bump-mapping (for clay nicks and fingerprint smears), careful lighting (to give the impression a physical set and props are depicted), and higher-resolution textures (to not give away the digital origin of the imagery.)

The code and data for the W&G games are in the hundreds of megabytes, too large for WiiWare; even on disc, the Wii just isn't up to the visual job in its current form.

(I also played through Tales of Monkey Island on WiiWare -- it performed better on Wii than on my laptop's integrated graphics hardware. But it doesn't perform or look nearly as good as on my desktop PC with a dedicated graphics card.)
Sign in to comment in this discussion.