Start a Story, be your own Fable. (Create a Fable Thread)

Comments

• Yeah I had a hard time writing this; I didn't want to kill off Oliver but I couldn't find the heart to remove Hope from the Leed's family. Oliver had nothing else in his life, so he did what he felt he had to do.

Pandora's box held all the evil; Oliver was considered evil, even though he did some good deeds in his life. They, however, were not enough. Hope was pure and innocent; it was the perfect combination for evil to consume and take over. The evil blood mixing inside caused problems and made the evil lose all their power. They had nothing to feed off of. I'll explain what happens to the rest. :)

JJwolf posted: »

"I always knew you were not a bad man. I love you, Uncle Oliver." "Be wonderful, Hope. Neva' change..." Oh...my God...these f

• First off, glad to see you are continuing to write BUT at your own pace. :)

Without any further more, I agree with Dragon-this was worth the wait. Knowing what lies ahead, especially with Bigby's situation and Fabletown in a moment of chaos has be thinking about what will happen next. I ador Cindy and her quick decision making! Woman is on a mission!

Crane, to me, is a douche. I'm sorry. There are certain characters you can TRY to see the good in but for me, Crane is not one of them and I'm glad you stuck by and continued his doucheness. (That even a word....-.-) Can't wait for the rest!

LupineNoir posted: »

Firstly, I wanted to apologize for being absolutely terrible with getting these chapters out in decent time. I have a genuine reason why it'

• Whoa what the hell....what just happened?! How did we go from cute moments to Robert sticking Lyla with something and taking off with her?! DAFUQ!?

Robert has officially reached his breaking point and I HOPE he finds himself REAL quick. If I'm not mistaking, he had one more chance or Snow would throw him to the Farm forever.

Chapter 20 Rose Red and a Grendel "FUUUUCK!" It was far from over. Rober leaned against his bathroom wall. Still naked from his sho

• I'm very pleased you think so. :D Things certainly aren't looking too good at the moment; the rest of Fabletown has noticed the sky, but Bigby's transformation has otherwise gone unnoticed due to the darkness. Well, relatively speaking - when he was chasing Jekyll people would have seen him, though they wouldn't know it was Bigby.

I'm not sure I've ever heard 'douche-nugget' before, but going by Pie's thoughts too it seems it was right to write him that way!

This has been definitely worth the wait! Everybody who escaped the clutches of the demented Bigby seem to be in a dire situation now - I won

• Thanks for saying so. :) And I'm again very pleased you think it was worth the wait!

I've got the overall direction for how it's going to go, but the actual steps there I've not pinned down so I can have more fun on the fly, so to speak. Cindy is one of those characters who is really enjoyable to write for - she's so much her own person, and I'm thinking of taking her further into the story than I'd originally considered.

I almost feel sorry for Crane because no one likes him, but he is a creep. Or a douche - that also seems to be a popular way to describe him! Whether or not doucheness is an actual word, it works for me - I went for 'racketous', after all - and I figure if people know what you mean, then it might as well be a word!

pudding_pie posted: »

First off, glad to see you are continuing to write BUT at your own pace. Without any further more, I agree with Dragon-this was worth th

• Things are getting to breaking point here: something has to change because this isn't healthy for anyone. I just hope Robert doesn't do something regretable before that.

Chapter 20 Rose Red and a Grendel "FUUUUCK!" It was far from over. Rober leaned against his bathroom wall. Still naked from his sho

• Forgive me, asking about whether the rest of Fabletown noticed the sky was a silly question. They obviously have seen the blackened sky, unless some of them were inside a room with no windows or something. XD Anyways, I bet all of Fabletown will figure out it'll be Bigby soon enough, in which will probably involve the witches, bla bla bla...

I thought it'd be appropriate to say - especially when it concerns a person like him. Pie probably wouldn't have said 'doucheness' either if I hadn't brought douche-nugget up. :D

I'm very pleased you think so. Things certainly aren't looking too good at the moment; the rest of Fabletown has noticed the sky, but Bigby

• Ah I've been waiting for this! :D This is very interesting indeed!

Firstly, I wanted to apologize for being absolutely terrible with getting these chapters out in decent time. I have a genuine reason why it'

• Lol, that seems to be the quote of the chapter XD I thought of it on a whim and threw it in there as soon as I did. Glad it was everyone's favorite part XD

I figured Therese would want a position like that. She always seemed like Snow to me in a leadership way. She seems like she could be responsible enough to take on that role.

Bigby is good at catching dinner, not cooking it. Chinese is probably a hundred times better than what he wants to cook. Plus, Chinese is the best!

"Is it about sex?" "Mom! No!" "Good. You're old enough to know the basics of that. Sounds like something my own mother

• Yeah XD I'm glad you're enjoying them. I'm trying something out, though I don't know exactly how I will be approaching it, so I don't know, but you'll see as I write how it all goes.

I agree with the quotes Pie picked out, they're brilliant lines. xD As for the characters, I'm enjoying reading about them. It's interesting

• He thinks he's the shit when he isn't XD It's alright, underneath that ego is a nice guy.

Like I said above, it was the quote of the chapter XD

Oh Reynard, surely you jest on actually thinking someone's going to go over to your apartment and visit you. The mention of sex got me as well, as everyone else had mentioned. XP

• Therese was stirred by Reynard's calloused fingers poking her shoulder rather hard. She lifted her head off of her new desk, a piece of paper sticking to her face from drooling in her sleep.

"Up, kid. It's 7 AM, opening time. You stayed all night?"

"Mm? Oh..." Therese rubbed her forhead. "Lot's of paper work....fell asleep."

"I see." Reynard walked to his desk, plopping down and logging in to his computer. When she looked back at him, he smirked and she narrowed her eyes.

"I'm going to go to my apartment and change."

"You mean you haven't put an extra set away in your desk for nights like last night? Has your mother taught you anything?"

Therese felt her cheeks go hot with anger. She stood, stalking across the room to grab her purse she left the business office, which was already accumulating a long line of citizens near it's door. Embarrassed, she looked away from their stares as she entered the elevator and went up a few floors. She was in room 602, a large two bedroom apartment with french style windows overlooking New York's busy city streets. The windows had little mini balconies that she could step onto easily and watch the sun come up between the skyscrapers.

She changed from one business outfit into another. She rarely dressed casually, since her job demanded professionalism. She preferred it though, since it made people take her more seriously than they ought to. She exited her apartment once more in a hurry, running back from the elevator while pulling a brush through her slightly tangled hair. She made it back in fifteen minutes and Reynard was seeing their first person.

"I can't STAND my new neighbor. What was his name- Alexander?"

"Um, his name is Adam," Therese said. She knew exactly who this Fable was talking about; A lot of people seemed to be complaining about the man.

"Right! I knew it started with an 'A'. He seriously CANNOT stop blasting music....and It's classical music too, which I hate!"

Therese rolled her eyes as she stepped behind her desk. "We will have a talk with him, thank you for coming to us. NEXT!"

The Fable, still mumbling with anger, left the room, and surprisingly, the next person was Harmony. The girl stepped across the room, her ever-growing belly swaying with each step. It was mid-December and she wore a neat scarf that matched with her jacket.

"Hey Harm," Therese said, writing a note down. "What's the issue today?"

"There's no issue," She replied with a smile still plastered across her face. She waddled over, taking a careful seat in the chair in front of Therese's desk. She pulled an envelope out and handed it to her.

"What's this?" Therese asked, pushing her thumb under the flap to open it.

"Yes," Reynard said from his own desk. "What is it?"

"An invitation," Harmony said,"To my baby shower."

"You're throwing your own baby shower? Don't other people do it for you, usually?"

She shrugged. "It actually wasn't my idea in the first place. It was Tim's. He's paying for it all, though it doesn't say much since we share a joint-bank account. But the effort is what counts, right? I was told to invite the people I wanted to invite. Sent most of the invites today, and decided to give you yours in person."

"That's lovely," Therese said, her eyes skimming the neatly printed page.

"It's this weekend. Please try to make it, if you can."

"No problem. That's all?"

"Oh, you know what? We've got this new neighbor....um, Aaron?"

"Adam," Reynard corrected. "Annoying you?"

"Well, no, not really. Not me, any way. I think the music he plays is lovely. Keeps my rowdy teenagers up though, and I cannot have that."

"We're already on it to discuss with him," Therese reassured her. "It will be taken care of."

"Thank you. See you Saturday?"

"Well, I have to work here that day," Therese frowned.

"It's okay," Reynard said. "I know how to run the place with out the Deputy. You can leave early for it, if you want."

"Are you sure?" Therese looked back at him. Was he actually being nice to her for once? Or was this some sort of trick?

"I'm sure," Reynard said, typing. "If."

Of course.

"If what?"

"If you buy me coffee Sunday morning."

"We don't open on Sundays."

"Exactly. I expect at my door, room 18-"

"03," Therese finished his sentence exasperatedly.

"Aha, you were listening! 1803, no later than 10 AM."

"Whatever," Therese said, rubbing her temples. She smiled and said goodbye to her niece, then got back to work.

It was about 2 PM when Adam had came in. The man had brown hair that came down choppy around his face. His skin was olive colored, and reminded Therese of someone who'd spent their life tending to a farm. He had a finely sculpted build that you could only notice if he were to wear something more skin tight, though he tended to stick to loose fitting garments. A button up paired with jeans. He sat, a particularly unamused look on his face.

"Hello, Mr. Johnson," Therese said. She took her eyes off the computer screen and payed her attention to the man in front of her.

"I was summoned?" He asked. "What for?"

"Well," Therese started. "I have been getting numerous anonymous complaints about your tendencies to play loud music. Is this true?"

He nodded. "Yeah, uhm..." He scratched the back of his neck and looked down at the floor. "I keep forgetting that I'm so close to my neighbors. I'm used to the woods, you know?"

Therese nodded. "Do you mind playing the music more quietly?"

"I don't mind. I hadn't realized, really."

"Thank you," She said. She watched him stand, very tall and angular, and he strutted out of the room, his shoes scuffing the ground.

"Odd boy," Reynard remarked.

"Indeed," Therese said.

"Wanna get drunk at 'A Taste of the Homelands' after this?"

"I thought you'd never ask."

And the rest of the day was spent in anticipation of having a few good drinks later that night. Therese felt the stress of the job wearing her down considerably, and despite Reynard's childishness, she liked the job. Loved it, even.

That's enough for now. I'm tired, had a long day. Hope your days were nice :)

• Calm before the storm

The next day after the celebration, Makoto went to see Celeste.

"Hey!" Makoto said smiling

"Oh.....hey" Celeste said

"The doctor said I could take you outside of the hospital, wanna go?" Makoto asked

"No.....I actually want to be alone for a bit...." She said

Something was up but Makoto didn't want to push.

He smiled and gave her a hug "Okay, Let me know if you need anything."

"Okay......can we go star gazing tonight?" She asked

"Of course!" Makoto said smiling

She nodded and watched Makoto leave. Makoto went to see Naoto who had tools and hardware in her room.

"Hello Makoto" She smiled "What brings you here? Of course Bigby probably told you that I wanted to see you to modify your arm."

Makoto was impressed "You really are an ace detective mom."

"Please I hate titles call me Naoto." She said

"Oh okay, so what are you adding?" Makoto asked

"Well I was thinking since when you drop your weapon they disappear so I thought I'd add a built in shield to block attacks so you can use your left hand to riposte, also I was going to add a transceiver so you can get into contact with everyone in case anything happens." She kept listing everything she was going to add.

"Gee Naoto how'd you learn about this stuff?" Makoto asked

"Well when I was young I read a lot of detectives novels and my parents taught me how to modify things over the days....until they got in a car crash." Naoto said

"Oh I'm sorry." Makoto said

"No it is alright you barely know me your own mother, so I was bound to tell you about it." Naoto said and began to continue her story "I was then raised by my grandfather in his estate. Growing up I didn't have a lot of friends growing up because I dressed like a boy and preferred cars and gadgets to dolls and flowers." She finished

"Oh okay, Well you're a pretty cool mom Naoto" Makoto smiled "Maybe at some point you can teach me how to do this stuff!"

Naoto smiled "Yes that would make me very hapy!"

They talked till nightfall while Naoto finished up modifying Makotos arm which surprisingly with all the things Naoto put into it it looked like it hasn't been touched and looked normal. Realizing he was going to be late he went ran to the hospital to Celestes room.

"Hey! Sorry I'm a little late" Makoto said "Naoto was upgrading my arm and added a ton of nifty things to it!"

Celeste laughed "It's okay, c'mon help me get into my wheelchair and wheel me out." She said with her arms stretched out.

She's in a pretty good mood for being so down this morning, Makoto thought picking her up and sat her in the wheelchair and wheeled her out. When they got outside it was a clear outside but Celeste didn't seem to mind she looked quite amazed actually.

"Wow look Makoto!" Celestes face lit up like a child on Christmas eve

"It's something huh?" Makoto said smiling

"Where do you think the stars are?" Celeste asked

Makoto laughed "I have no idea, I'm as confused as you!"

"Some things are better left not known" Celeste said looking sad

"Are you talking about your memories?" Makoto asked

"I wish I could forget but I guess it's good to know the truth and learn from it and move on...do you think Snow will send me back to the farm?" Celeste said

"I don't think so you helped a lot during the revolution, want me to ask her for you?" Makoto asked

"No that's fine" She blushed "You've done a lot already, but I want to spend more time with you and make good memories with you."

Makoto smiled "Well I'd be a liar if I went back on my word now so of course let's make memories together."

Celeste nodded "That's good to know, I was afraid you wouldn't but I was happy thinking about it nonetheless."

"Well I'm glad you didn't stay sad the whole day" Makoto smiled

"Me too being gloomy is supposedly bad for your health, at least that's what my doctor said." Celeste said

"Really!?" Makoto was surprised

Celeste giggled "No I don't really know I just made it up!"

Makoto and Celeste laughed and talked for a while. Makoto brought her back to her room for the night and went to go train with Bloody Mary.

"Hey kid what took you so long?" Mary asked

"I was hanging out with a friend." Makoto said getting prepared

"Oh okay, before we start I want to try and teach you how to travel through mirrors although I don't think it'll work it'd be a nice fit for your arsenal." She said

Makoto was intrigued so he went along with her, although after hours of attempts to try it but it just wouldn't work.

"Hmm I wonder why this won't work...." Mary thought for a bit then came to a realization. She cut her arm and grabbed Makotos left arm and cut it.

"I don't know if this'll work but who knows" She shrugged watching her blood go into his bloodstream.

Makoto yanked back "What the fuck are you crazy!?"

"I prefer the word psychopath" She smiled "Just give me your arm."

Makoto handed his arm to her, to his surprise she sealed the cut on his arm.

"Now try and go into the mirror." She said

Makoto went through the mirror, Mary was ecstatic.

"Excellent! Good to know we didn't waste time doing this." Mary said "That crooked bastard nearly got me killed so I'm glad I could pass on some traits to somebody who could keep passing it on."

"You're fucking weird, my mind is boggled I'm going home." Makoto said

"Bold words kid! Sleep tight." Mary smiled

"Yeah, if I get bothered I'll just mop up what Bigby left." Makoto replied

Makoto went through the mirror and went back to his apartment.

That's it! Makoto could have a very angry Bloody Mary on his hands after those remarks! Any questions or comments let me know! :D

• Thanksgiving Challenge

The Dramatic Dinner Part 2: Forgiveness

It was nearly time to set the table and decorated in with the finest china and exotic dishes that Etan's wife has collected over the years. She is still kinda of pissed that he broke the Opal-rimmed dish that was giving to her as a wedding gift, he made it up to her long ago. No use crying over spilled milk, especially when the only real gem is standing right next to you.

Before the table is to be set, the children of the family must get dressed up in appropriate attire as ordered by their parents.

"Dad, why can't we just eat in our pajamas?" Thad asking his father Etan.

"Son, I would be doing the same thing if it was up to me. But your mother calls the shots, now get dressed."

Just as Etan about go for a glass of scotch, he is stopped by his father, Hati.

"Son, can I have a word with you for a moment."

Etan then followed his father outside to the balcony.

"What is it?" Etan asked

"Look..., I understand that. I wasn't the kind of father you expected me to be, but understand this. I tried, really I tried. But being a demi god bound to a curse of roaming the skies chasing after the moon. And losing my wife..., your mother, being forced to watch you grow up with neither parents at a young age, miss the birth of my grandchildren and miss my sons wedding. I know I am a TERRIBLE FATHER."

"No, no you are not."

"What?"

"Dad, I know about your curse, as well as the one that uncle Skoll carries. I understand what would happen if you tried to to step out bounds, they would of killed me and mom."

"Etan..."

"You did what ever father should of did, protect his family. Regardless of you missing my wedding and such, because if you haven't sacrificed your own freedom, I wouldn't be here right now, your grandchildren would be here.. So no, I am not mad at you, dad. I'm just a little shaken up, I forgive you,"

"Thank you son.."

"Would you like some scotch? The bottle is halfway empty."

Else where, in the castle.

"Draco, are you ready?" Viera yelling in the other room.

Viera walks over to the mirror puts on her earrings that Draco brought her for their honeymoon a month ago. As she put them own she is visited by the spirit of her sister, Nisa. At first she thought summon one summoned Bloody Mary, but after take a closer look she finally recognize her sister.

"Nisa, is it really you?" Viera as she hugs her long lost sister.

"Yeah, sis it's me.."

"But... you died in my arms. I don't understand...how are you here?"

"I'm still dead, but not for long. A phoenix phoenix always rises from the ashes. I mean, it is what you and me are."

"I still blame my self for not being strong enough for you. I was so weak, I could of saved you but..."

"Viera, calm down. Besides, it was me who told you to go. I knew I was done for, and I couldn't stand to see you suffer along with me. You have a wonderful family now. A comical and protective husband and a sweet and kind son, who I look forward in meeting when I return. "

"You know when you will return?"

"Not quite, but i have feeling, it might be soon.. maybe even before the year ends, hopefully"

"I will be waiting, we will be waiting, Nisa."

"I see you around sis, try to save some of that turkey for me if you can. Later, love you!"

As Nisa disappears in beautiful luminescent flames, Viera sheds a tear in relief of finally being reunited with her sister she lost during Boogey's reign of terror. She can finally forgive herself, and able to move on. She feels like a new person, at last able to rid herself of regret.

"Now where are those boys? Draco, Marcello, lets go, do I have to get the paddle?"

“It is important that we forgive ourselves for making mistakes. We need to learn from our errors and move on.”

To be continued

Next part will be the final part for my challenge. It will surely live up the name; "Dramatic Dinner Party" lol

• A Taste of the Homelands.

Alt text

EMMYPESS posted: »

Therese was stirred by Reynard's calloused fingers poking her shoulder rather hard. She lifted her head off of her new desk, a piece of pape

• edited November 2014

Dang, the blood transfusion scene with Mary was most interesting indeed - regardless of her not knowing whether it was going to work or not. XD

Tetra posted: »

Calm before the storm The next day after the celebration, Makoto went to see Celeste. "Hey!" Makoto said smiling "Oh.....hey" Celes

• Way to break an emotional moment with the paddle scene, Stone. Hilarious. ;)

MasterStone posted: »

Thanksgiving Challenge The Dramatic Dinner Part 2: Forgiveness It was nearly time to set the table and decorated in with the finest ch

• Mary does like to do things on impulse XD and with all the new gadgets that Makoto has I don't think he'll be able to handle the many many clones of Mary but who knows! Anything can happen :3

Dang, the blood transfusion scene with Mary was most interesting indeed - regardless of her not knowing whether it was going to work or not. XD

• Sorry lol, it had to be done.

Way to break an emotional moment with the paddle scene, Stone. Hilarious.

• Prologue

'Free bird'

"There ya' are, me boy...now, get ova' here and take care of ya' daddy..."

Georgie was pinned against the wall; the tiny room was lit by a single candle, as the heavy breathing lingered in the air. He could hear the rustle of the ponderous feet. The odor of alcohol was in the air.

"Georgie boy....Georgie boy...come on ova' here, lad...."

Georgie tried to avoid the demand. Perhaps if he acted asleep, he'd leave him alone. This usually worked; he'd try once more but after no response, he'd leave. But tonight was different because Georgie could immediatly detect Whiskey. The stronger the liquor, the worse Georgie knew it would be. The crash of glass could be heard against the wall.

"GEORGIE BOY....get that ass ova' here boy and satisfy daddy!"

Georgie turned to run; he clawed at the walls like a scared animal trapped in a cage. He did his best to avoid the man inching closer, his hands surrounding his frail body. The knobbly hands reached out and touched Georgie's face. He could see the blank stare, as the man leaned in closer.

"Let's go me boy...daddy ain't waitin' any longer fa' ya'."

without warning, the man thrusts into Georgie's hip, grabs his shirt and yanks it off. Screaming for help, Georgie's mouth is instantly covered, as the man takes him outside. Georgie could hear the HOOTS of Owls, the whispers of the night, the moon curtained on the night sky, as the man dragged Georgie into the woods. The usual spot. Georgie knew it was too late.

"Ya' keep actin' like a fuckin' bloody idiot and ya' are gunna get it bad! I ain't gunna be gentle on ya' ass, boy, so stop that fuckin' bullshit!"

Georgie's body lurched over; he felt no need to fight back, as the man pressed Georgie into the tree. He felt his hands caress his arms, as he reached over and pulled down Georgie's pants. The scent of the alcohol was enclosed around Georgie.

"Good boy...ya' such a good boy....let daddy love ya'...."

Georgie closed his eyes and prepared. Waited.

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

Georgie sat up in bed, his head pounding and the room spinning. He thrashed in his bed, as Henry ran to his side and grabbed Georgie's arms. He began to shake Georgie, trying his best to stop his sudden abrasive nightmare.

"Georgie! Wake up! It's okay-"

Georgie kicked the air. "Don't! I'm sorry! DADDY-"

Georgie's eyes opened, as he glared around the dark. He scanned the area; Henry watched him pat his body and look along his legs. When Georgie noticed it was all a bad dream, he hung his head low and cried in shame. Henry, unsure of what to do next, did the only thing he knew how-grab Georgie and hold tight.

"SSHH, Georgie...." Henry rocked back and forth. "He's gone, Georgie. The scary man is gone..."

This time, Henry didn't ask WHO the scary man was or why he was after Georgie; the last several times he attempted to get answers, Georgie became a statue in the dark with no expression on his face. He continued to comfort his beloved friend, as the night slowly turned to day.

He was gone. The monster returned to the dark.

Mr. Sunflower never asked either, as the exhausted Georgie picked Apples and stacked the completed baskets near the fence. Henry stayed close by, as he helped Sunflower feed the Cows and Horses. The Chickens pecked the ground, as the wind tossed the leaves and branches about. Georgie took the time to look around. His mind was astray and unable to focus. He tried not to think about it but there he was.

Georgie needed a moment. Sunflower granted his request. Just as Georgie leaned against the Well to fetch some water, he noticed a rather large man heading in his direction. Georgie looked closer, as a smile grew across his face.

"Hans." Georgie whispered, as he carefully walked to the gate. "Hans."

Sunflower dusted off his overalls, as he walked to the gate. Unlocking the chains, Hans embraced Georgie with a warm hug. Behind, Snow and Bigby stood and waited. Their moment seemed to last for an eternity, as John and Snow followed Sunflower to the Well. Hans viewed Georgie's face for awhile; Georgie knew his Bouncer could detect his lack of sleep again.

"Georgie...you look worn out, boss."

"I, uh, didn't sleep very well, Hans."

"The dream again?"

Georgie moved from Hans, as he dawdled to the fence. Hans followed. Georgie, now leaning against the post, looked out; the Villagers carried about their lives, as the Giants and other various creatures made their way along the green meadows. The long grass twirled in the wind as they wind capered between them. Georgie closed his eyes. Remaining silent, Hans ceased. Henry, now standing beside Georgie, grabbed his hand. Hans, astonished by their sudden interaction, watched as Henry held tightly and leaned into Georgie's arm.

"You need to go for a walk?"

Georgie nods. "Come Henry. Hans..."

The substantial man follows Georgie and Henry. They walk down a trail and circle an Oak tree, planted in between the dirt road. Behind, John, Snow and Sunflower continue their business. Georgie knew the routine; they didn't need his voice this time, as he silently walked into the meadow. Georgie paused, looked up and fell to the ground. The grass tickled his skin, as Henry joined. Georgie gave a slight pat to the open area beside him.

"Sit, Hans...come. Join us, lad."

Hans smiled, as he leaned into the grass. The sun drifted across the sky. Several Butterflies, bugs and tiny Birds flew into the ever blue sky. Patches of clouds invaded the space, as the wind continued to blow. Hans looked over; his boss and Hanry had their eyes closed. Hans was taken back, when Georgie reached his hand over and grabbed his own.

"Close ya' eyes, Hans. Let the wind paint the image in ya' mind."

"I see it boss. It's wonderful..."

"Let the wind tell ya' where it's been, boys..."

Henry inhaled deeply. For a few minutes, they remaind hushed.

"How is me club, Hans?"

"Slow. I've closed it down for now. There was some unknown damage done to the sign outside and graffiti, so-"

"Do what needs ta' be done, Hans. Ya' done good. Ya' don't good."

"Thank you, Georgie. You, uh, okay today?"

Georgie paused. "Had another bad dream, Hans."

Henry looked over. "He won't tell me too much about it but whatever it is, it's bad."

Hans knew the dream Henry mentioned; for years, even before the whole problems with the Crooked Man, Hans had to deal with the sudden outburts. Vivian used to take offense when he called for him and refused to let her comfort him. Hans remembers taking drives, walks or sitting in the light to comfort Georgie. He knew about his childhood; he, along with Nick, were the only ones that knew about his childhood. What was done to him. The abuse. The lies.

"Did you see his face?"

"No....heard his ugly arsed voice..."

Hans held Georgie's hand tighter. "You wanna talk about it?"

"No."

Hans nodded. "Okay, Georgie. You don't have to."

Henry looked concerned, as he laid his head on Georgie's chest. He could feel the rapid beating of his heart.

"You're alright now, Georgie. You're alright...."

Georgie pressed his cheek against Henry's head. "Ya', me boy. I'll be alright..."

Hans smiled. "Nice to meet you, Henry. I'm, uh, am employee for Georgie."

Henry smiles. "Georgie has mentioned you to me, Hans. Glad you could visit."

"Its nice out here. Sorry took so long, Georgie..."

"It's fine, Hans. Phone calls are just as good. The town still demainding for me head on a wooden stake?"

"Well, actually, Holly came by the other day."

Georgie paused. "And?"

"She's going to talk to Snow and John about possibly coming out here to visit you...that is, if you want."

Georgie glares into the sky. "Yes."

Henry leans in closer. "She a friend, too?"

"NOT exactly, kid...."

Hans smiles. "I'll let her know."

Georgie didn't bother to ask about Gren; he knew the bar Grendel would avoid Georgie as much as he could until either he was forced into conversation or georgie would cross him in a dark alley. He couldn't blame Gren for the lingering hatred brewing in his soul. Georgie even began to despise himself and regret it all.

The idea of Holly visiting made Georgie a but uneasy but lighthearted at the same time. He wanted to explain. Be around people and hear not only their concern but questions. He was prepared to answer. Georgie, Hans and Henry remained silent, as the wind continued to dance around them. Georgie inhaled and closed his eyes. He found his thoughts trailing to Lyla once more.

He remembered the beautiful image he had the opportunity of to see. Nothing in this world would ever compare to the elegance he witnessed. Her smile was radiant, the color of her eyes piercing his soul, body and mind. Georgie no longer thought of the terrible dream, as her picture dyed his mind and coaxed his thoughts.

Hans took out his phone; Georgie knew what the next step was, as Hans searched his file and found the song. Lynard Skynrd's 'Free Bird' played with the whirling of the wind. Georgie smiled, as he continued to hold both Hans and Henry's hand. Still painted in his mind, was Lyla.

He'd be free one day.

'If I leave here tomorrow, would you still remember me? For I must be travelin' on now. There's too many places I got to see.

Any questions, you know the drill. :)

• despite his hate for birds, that song is so Georgie at this moment.

At the begining I wasn't too sure what was taking place until I noticed it was his nightmare. The idea of someone doing that to their OWN child...god! I wonder what ever DID happe to his father and if he either died or disapperead into thin air. Hans being the only one, considering he never told Vivian, shows where he truly stands in this all.

Poor Henry. All he knows what to do is comfort Georgie. :(

I loved the moment of serenity and peace when they went to the meadow, laid in the grass and just for a moment, forgot the world. Knowing Holly wants to see Georgie made me happy. This is really coming together, pie.

Prologue 'Free bird' "There ya' are, me boy...now, get ova' here and take care of ya' daddy..." Georgie was pinned against the wall

• Who knows, those Victorians were always up to something so some might have not noticed. XD Sounds like you're not too keen on the witches there, Dragon, unless I've disastrously misunderstood your 'bla bla bla'. :L I do plan on referencing them briefly, but they won't hold the key to fixing this.

Your creativity not only spawns brilliant threads like this but new words for describing douches, too! Are there no bounds to your creative thinking?!

Forgive me, asking about whether the rest of Fabletown noticed the sky was a silly question. They obviously have seen the blackened sky, unl

• Thanks for waiting; and I'm pleased it's interesting! :D

Ah I've been waiting for this! This is very interesting indeed!

• Ah, neighbours playing loud music can be rather irritating, though I like classical so it probably wouldn't bother me. In fact, my Indian next door neighbour plays the violin and I often wake up to it. Anyway, it's nice Reynard is letting Therese go early, but can that man not turn off his lothario side for more than one minute! xD I'm wondering if we're going to go back to Adam - guess I'll wait and see!

Therese was stirred by Reynard's calloused fingers poking her shoulder rather hard. She lifted her head off of her new desk, a piece of pape

• Got to agree with Dragon: that blood transfusion had me interested. A very good idea! I'm unsure of Mary's motives, though, so whether or not it's good or bad Makoto has a bit of Mary inside him I'm not sure! The star gazing with Celeste was lovely. :) And Nakoto really is very handy!

Calm before the storm The next day after the celebration, Makoto went to see Celeste. "Hey!" Makoto said smiling "Oh.....hey" Celes

• Quite a bit of emotion in this chapter! Seeing Hati apologizing and Etan understanding is real nice, as well as Viera letting go of the regret of Nisa's death. Good to see a phoenix rising from the ashes! Haha, that paddle line. ;)

Thanksgiving Challenge The Dramatic Dinner Part 2: Forgiveness It was nearly time to set the table and decorated in with the finest ch

• The opening certainly makes for some unpleasant reading; it unmistakably highlights the haunting childhood that Georgie went through, though. Makes you wonder just how many people in Fabletown would hate him if they knew the truth, but, I suppose, Georgie taking responsibility for his current actions and moving on to a better state empowers him over his childhood experiences, and means that he's in control of his own fate. Nice to see Hans being so supportive for so long, too!

Prologue 'Free bird' "There ya' are, me boy...now, get ova' here and take care of ya' daddy..." Georgie was pinned against the wall

• Glad to hear that it's interesting! You never know with Mary although she seems to care about him but there seems to be a conflict starting with them because Makoto was not too happy with Marys decision on doing the transfusion. Time will tell whether or not the transfusion is good or bad ;) I'm also glad to hear you liked that because me personally I do not like romantic things sometimes it really depends where the story is (looking at you Final Fantasy X -.-) and what not, BUT I will write them when needed to so again I'm glad I did a good job on it :D He really is becoming the Adam Jensen, Max Payne Fable! lol XD

Got to agree with Dragon: that blood transfusion had me interested. A very good idea! I'm unsure of Mary's motives, though, so whether or no

• I don't know much about the Fabletown witches, so yeah, you misunderstood. :D Apart from that, interested to see their role nevertheless.

Thanks for the compliment again, you're too kind. :) There are probably bounds somewhere, since I haven't created a proper thread in so long.

Who knows, those Victorians were always up to something so some might have not noticed. XD Sounds like you're not too keen on the witches th

• No need to apologize, it's all good!

Sorry lol, it had to be done.

• Thanks for correcting my misunderstanding. :D

Ahh, you'll think of something eventually; though it will be tricky to ever beat the sheer awesomeness of this thread.

I don't know much about the Fabletown witches, so yeah, you misunderstood. Apart from that, interested to see their role nevertheless. T

• Good point: I can understand that making Makoto a bit aggravated. I wouldn't say I was overly keen on romance in the past - like you, I find it depends where the story is and often romance is put into things when it really wasn't necessary. That being said, after reading the stories by Pie and Emmy - as well as a few other's work - I've come round to romance much more; like what you've done! Yup, we'll make him a bald alcoholic smashing his way through walls Blade Runner-style in no time! xD

Glad to hear that it's interesting! You never know with Mary although she seems to care about him but there seems to be a conflict starting

• edited November 2014

I had a really hard time writing the first part due to the graphic nature of his childhood; part of the reason why he has a hard time not only feeling for others but making relationships.

Georgie is at the Farm not only for punishment but to find himself. He can no longer blame his past or the CM; he will have to learn to take responsibility for his actions. With the help from Hans, John and even the Business office, he will overcome some of the demons still hiding in the dark. Lyla will be the other half. One of the reasons she makes him a better person and gives him hope.

Hans will always be loyal to Georgie. :)

The opening certainly makes for some unpleasant reading; it unmistakably highlights the haunting childhood that Georgie went through, though

• Tranquility

The next day at the hospital.

"Hey did you hear Snow might be returning to the office today!" Celeste said

"Is she?" Makoto asked

"Yeah I went in this morning and went to ask Snow if I can stay here and she told me to go to the business office to sign off some documents and answer some questions!" Celeste said with an excited look on her face

"That's great news!" Makoto said

"I also asked the doctors if I could go out of the hospital and into the city but they weren't too keen on the idea." Celeste said

"One step at a time" Makoto smiled

Celeste giggled "You're lucky I'm not mean"

Makoto realized what he said and looked embarrassed "My bad Celeste"

She continued to giggle "It's fine! I've got a few months left before I can walk again."

"You're recovering faster than expected?" Makoto said

"Being a fable has it's perks." She said

"Yeah it really does!" Makoto said

Celeste smiled "Are you a fable Makoto?"

"I have no idea my mother was a mundy and my father was a fable so I guess both" Makoto said

"That would explain how you survived the fight you lost a lot of blood." Celeste said

Rose walked in "Hey love birds"

Celeste blushed and Makoto smiled "Hey Rose"

"What are you guys up to?" Rose asked "I was wondering if you guys wanted to grab ice cream."

Makoto looked at Celeste "Do you wanna go?"

"Sure if the doctors will let me." Celeste said embarassed

"I already told them you were going out for a bit" Rose said handing her clothes

"Oh okay, Makoto can you bring me?" She held her arms out

"Sure." Makoto said picking her up and bringing her to the restroom to get changed

"She really likes you" Rose said

"Yeah she's really nice" Makoto smiled

"Have you ever thought about a relationship?" Rose asked

Makoto was at a loss "Relationship? What's that?"

Rose sighed "You really don't know a lot do you?"

Makoto still puzzled "So? Are you going to explain?"

"Have you ever thought about.....you know?" Rose said

"I have no idea what you're talking about Rose." Makoto said

"MAKOTO! YOU CAN COME GET ME!" Celeste rang

"I'll talk to you about it later" Rose sighed

Makoto was absolutely confused and went to pick up Celeste and sat her in her wheelchair.

"Hey Celeste what is a relationship? You were married before right?" Makoto asked

"Makoto!" Rose said

Celestes face was bright red "Uh well it's uh when......when a girl and a boy uh...... " She was stuttering "T-t-they both go out a lot together, and then they live together......and then they get married."

"Oh okay I get it now! Thanks Celeste" Makoto smiled, but now Celeste was the one who was puzzled.

They all left to go out and get ice cream. When they got there Rose went to get their ice creams. Celeste looked at Makoto.

"Um why did you ask me what a relationship was?" Celeste said with a bright red face

"Hmm? Well first of all are you okay? Your face has been bright red for a bit are you sick?" Makoto asked

"I'M FINE JUST ANSWER THE DAMN QUESTION!!!" Celeste yelled

"Oh well Rose asked and I didn't know what it meant so I asked you." Makoto said

"Oh okay!" Celeste said

"Are you sure you're okay?" Makoto asked

"I'M FINE!" Celeste replied

"I don't believe you but okay" Makoto shrugged

Rose returned to a very bright red Celeste and a very confused Makoto.

"Uh what's up guys?" Rose asked

"Nothing just talking about relationship stuff" Makoto said

"Man you're a real playboy aren't you Makoto?" Rose said handing out ice cream

At this point Celeste was dead silent and had nothing to say and there was an awkward silence in the air.

"So Celeste how's it like to finally get out of the hospital?" Rose asked

"Uh....." She looked like she was in space

"Uh Celeste?" Rose asked

"Hmm! Oh it's good! It was getting stuffy and I was feeling claustrophobic!" Celeste said

Makoto sat there eating his ice cream while Rose and Celeste chatted for a while.....nightfall crept in

Makoto picked up Celeste, she wrapped her arms around him tighter than usual. He sat her down on her bed.

"Are you sure your okay? You've been acting weird today." Makoto asked

Celeste blushed "Actually I really don't like hospitals they creep me out....and I would feel a lot safer if you were here........so could you sleep here tonight?"

Makoto smiled "Sure!"

Makoto got in the chair and got comfy.

That's it! I thoroughly apologize for this part as it is VERY awkward there will be one more like this to tie off the romance so I don't have to write about this XD once again I apologize :P any other questions or comments let me know :D

• You just killed me XD

A Taste of the Homelands.

• I like classical music too :) We will be seeing more of Adam in the future, I actually looked up some fairy tales and took him from a lesser known Grimm Brother's tale. There wasn't a name for the boy in it, so I named him myself. You'll see as it goes on where he comes from :)

Ah, neighbours playing loud music can be rather irritating, though I like classical so it probably wouldn't bother me. In fact, my Indian ne

• Therese had rarely been drunk in her life. From what she could remember from those few experiences, she knew three things.

1. Lock her phone.

2. Drink from plastic cups.

3. Don't watch sports.

She was never a sports fan, but apparently her drunk side lived for hockey, baseball, and football. And when she was rooting for a loosing team, things got ugly. Therefore, she had to use plastic cups rather than glasses. Her and Reynard and a ton of other regulars at the bar cheered as the puck entered the net. Beer flew in directions that it shouldn't, and Therese's cups were landing on the floor with an alarming rate. People tended to stay away from her, but Reynard remained loyal and sat on the side that she didn't keep her drinks.

"That was total bullshit! The ref is blind!" She spat out. Reynard couldn't contain himself, she was the funniest drunk he'd ever encountered.

"That was a goal, Therese," He tried to explain.

"They should have gotten a penalty! A PENALTY GODDAMMIT!"

The bartender was keeled over laughing, as were half the other people there. She didn't seem to notice any of them though, her focus too much on the screen above her.

"You need to chill," Reynard said midlaugh,"You're gonna get yourself kicked out!"

"We ain't kickin' her out," The bartender said. "She's golden!"

"Was that supposed to be racist?" Therese said, anger blaring across her face.

"What? No-"

Her fist connected with the tender's jaw with the strength of a wild beast. It instantly bruised, and Reynard though he could hear a cracking sound.

"ALRIGHT WE'RE LEAVING!" He announced as loud as possible,"I'LL PAY FOR THE HOSPITAL BILL, FRED!"

"My name's fuckin' Gordon! And SHE is never allowed BACK!"

"FUCK YOU!" Therese spat," I DON'T EVEN LIKE THIS BAR ANYWAY I CAN WATCH MY SPORTS AT HOLLY'S!"

Reynard, practically dragging her out, took her across the street back to Fabletown Castle. She was starting to slur her words, the signs that she would soon pass out. He was glad it was dark out, and not many were outside do to the cold. He pulled her up the steps when her body gave out beneath his grip and she felt to the ground.

"God dammit," Reynard huffed under his breath. "You're heavy!"

"Fuck you..." She slurred to a whisper. Her eyes were shut and her chest contracted evenly.

"Might as well leave you here. NEVER drinking with you again....even if you DID look amusing. And oddly attractive. Also, thank God you can't hear me."

He lifted her up, slinging her over his shoulder. His cheeks went warm with both embarrassment for her and himself; What would people think of him bringing her in like this? He hurried to the elevator, praying they did not run into anyone who would spread rumors.

"Mr. Fox!" Flycather's voice echoed cheerily from across the room. He squinted his eyes closed at getting caught, and turned as carefully as he could. He didn't want to hit Therese's head on the wall or something.

"Hey Fly. Whatcha doin' out of Haven?"

"Oh, you know me. Every now and again, I like to visit when all are asleep. Sweep and mop the floors, like old days. Hey, if I can do it, I'll do it, you know?"

"Yeah, I suppose."

"Uhm....is she alright?" Fly asked, pointing to Therese's butt.

"Yeah, perfectly okay. Gotta get her home. Don't-...uh, don't tell anyone? She's a mad drunk, kinda got herself kicked out."

"My lips are sealed, Mr. Fox. See ya around!"

"Bye."

Reynard brought her into the elevator, heaving from the amount of energy he needed to use to carry her. The elevator dinged shortly, and he took her to her front door. His hand fished awkwardly through her pocket, looking for the house key. She mumbled a few meaningless words as he set her down, opening the door and turning the lights on. The apartment was nicely furnished, a sleek modern design compared to his shabbier one a few floors up. He never understood the layout of this building. He set her on the couch carefully, then searched for a nice blanket to put on her.

"Surely she'll have to puke. I need a bucket..." And he found one, under the sink.

"I'll take her shoes off, too." And one bye one, he pulled each boot precariously off, so as to not wake her. Just as the second boot came off and thudded to the floor, he stood, turning her lights down to a low glow. Her eyes shot open softly, and her voice was a whimper.

"Rey.." She said. "Come here, please."

Worriedly, he stepped over. He sat down on the leather couch next to her, looking directly into her brown eyes. They looked a bit glossy. "You okay, kid?"

She pressed her lips against his hard and with passion, and it caught him off guard so bad that he nearly stumbled off the couch. She took her fingers and ran them through his hair as his eyes popped open wide. He scrambled to push her off.

As soon as she let go, she passed back out.

Wiping the sweat from his brow, he paced across the floor a second, making sure she was breathing, but from a distance to avoid another 'attack'.

"She looks-...Fine. She's fine. I'm leaving. I need a few more drinks. God..." And he left the apartment, locking it behind him.

What a night.

Bet you didn't see that one coming. Seriously though, neither did I XD

Hope you like it, and I hope that it stirs some curiosity in you guys! That's what I'm here for!

ALSO- I am desperately behind on everyone's stories. I'm literally going to bed after this, I'm so sorry T.T I'll get around SOON to reading them all, considering this week I only have 2 and a half days of school <3 Thanks for the patience!

• edited November 2014

And you made me go through a nostalgia trip again. :D

(glad you found it humorous, though!)

You just killed me XD

• Damn, T...I KINDA had a feeling this may happen; there was some tenson between the two and although I don't really care too much for Reynard, it would still be nice to see something for T. :) Also, damn girl....just go for it! xD

Don't worry bout being behind; with winter break you'll have plenty of time to read. I've got a week off from school myself. (YAAAAAY!)

Therese had rarely been drunk in her life. From what she could remember from those few experiences, she knew three things. * Lock her p

• Chapter 38

'The Wolf cry'

Jersey held Hope close to his chest, as Junior opened a portal. The mirror was a bright glowing red, as everyone took their turn jumping into the unknown. Junior assured them it was safe; Mary had the strange inhabitants at bay, while he led them back to Fabletown. Last to crawl through was Penny; still in her armor, she held Pandora's box close to her body.

"You sure you want to do this Penny?"

Penny could only nod, as Junior grabbed her hand and pulled Penny through. Mary was at the end of the mirror.

"Welcome to casa de Bloody Porgie and Bloody Mary. Please-if you'll look to the left, we can see the lost evil souls that love to wander around after hours and-"

Junior coughed. "Sweetie, we are KINDA in a hurry. We gotta-"

Mary sighs. "Never let me have any fun." She waves her hand, as an opening appears. "Go ahead. They are waiting. Those girls, Jersey. Damn."

Jersey was confused. "What'ta ya' mean, Mary?"

Mary grins. "You raised some pretty damn tough girls. But psssh....they get THAT from their aunt Mary."

As Mary moves to the side, everyone takes their time to step through; those not used to the spinning colors and random noises could easily become lost or disoriented. They returned to Fabletown. There was still work that had to be done, as Remus led the others back.

Romulus ran through the corridors. He didn't know how they got out; twelve very hungry, prepared little Halfers followed him through the faintly lit halls. Their laughter bounced off the stone walls, as Romulus tried to avoid them. To make matters worse, Georgie, Lyla, Katie and the insane aunt of theirs was hot on his trail.

Romulus managed to find a small opening near the back as he attempted to hide in there. Romulus knew eventually he'd have to run and find another spot; Katie's nose was powerful and half her girls had inherited their grandmother's Bloodhound-like nose as well. Romulus hung his head and waited.

"OVER HERE!" Bella's wings flapped furiously in the dark, as she led the others. "We gotta find him!"

Ava Rose and Gianna sniffed the air; Alice touched the walls, as Willow pawed at the ground. His scent was everywhere.

"He's been here..." Willow licked the ground. "Still very fresh, too."

Bella pointed out. "He must be down these halls, girls."

Before the group could vanish into the darnkness, they paused when Georgie and Katie arrived; Lyla and Emily took it upon themselves to venture off alone in hopes of pushing him out from the shadows. Georgie sat upon Katie's back, as the majestic Wolf eyed the darkness. Katie bared her fangs, as tiny growls escaped her lips. She could already taste Romulus' blood, the crunching of his bones. The look in his eyes, as he begged for mercy.

But Katie was in no mood to show forgivness; like her father, she had a low tolerance for being pushed too far to the breaking point. Her daughter was in danger, her husband was nowhere to be found and her siblings had their necks out to help her. Katie, sadly, was prepared for the worse. She carefully walked along the hall, as torches lit her way. Georgie held his gun out. The girls followed.

"What are we gonna do, mommy?"

Katie's eyes never left the darkness. "Keep sniffing the air, girls. Pay attention to your surroundings. NEVER leave its site."

As requested, the girls continued to sniff, taste and listen to their surroundings. Despite his inability to see into the darkness, Georgie listened carefully to the eerie tranquility. His hand tightly clutched his gun as the other held onto Katie's fur.

"You alright, dad?" Katie knew how much her father despised the darkness.

"I'm fine, love. Just keep going..."

Ivy grabbed a loose pebble, held it in her hand and turned the object into a flashlight.

"Here you go, papa...for you."

Although it was an illusion, Georgie took the item. Soon, there was a bright white glow escaping from the opening of the light.

"Thank you, love."

Ivy smiled, as they continued down the hall. His smell was growing stronger, as was Katie's anger and revenge.

Romulus was on the move again. This time, he ran to the end of the castle and hid behind a column. Thinking he was safe and away from everyone, Romulus took this opportunity to change. Although Katie was a massive Wolf and all twelve of the girls could change, he still had he upper hand-Romulus was known to be fast on his feet and quick thinking. He was prepared.

As he changed into his Wolf form, Romulus never saw the women standing behind. All there was in the darkness was the clicking of a gun. Romulus turned; his fangs were bare, his paws prepared for battle and his thirst for blood needed to be quenched. As he ran through, hoping to sink his teeth into whoever dared cross his path, he began to make an outline of the person standing before him. Before Romulus could make his move, a bullet pierced his shoulder. The Wolf tumbled to the ground and in severe pain, immediatly began tending to his wounds.

"Fookin' stupid asshole, man."

That voice. Overwrought, Romulus began sniffing the air; he knew that smell all too well, as the shooter walked closer to his injured body. Still trying to lift with his front and hind legs, Romulus was pushed down. A boot pressed down upon his skull, as his face nearly slammed into the floor. The clicking of a gun was heard once more.

"What ya' think you'se was gunna do, eh Wolf? Ya' think I didn't know ya' was gunna try and pull some stupid macho Wolf ego bullshit on me and me mother, huh?"

"Please....what do you want!? I didn't do anything to you! It was Echidna! SHE is the one you are after! My brother and I-"

"QUIET!" The gun went off and into the ceiling. "Now ya' gunna shut the fook up, listen and behave. If not, ya' gunna look REAL good in my club there. Just hangin' above the entrance...."

Romulus snarled. "YOU! You bitch!"

Emily, now chuckling like a mad man, dug her boot deeper into Romulus skull.

"Now, now, now...ya' gone and been stupid when I TOLD ya' to behave. Ya' gunna piss me off, my mother is right there and-"

"Your mother!? LYLA-show yourself!"

Hush. Darkness. Nothing more.

"LYLA!"

"Lyla, Lyla!" Emily mocked Romulus, as she held the gun to the back of his head. "My bloody GOD ya' be a dumb twit!"

"Now Emily, sweetie....be nice to the poor creature."

Romulus focused in the dark. "Where are you!? Come out and fight me, you stupid cunt!"

Lyla giggles. "Wow! What a MAN you are." Lyla steps into the light and kicks Romulus in the face. "Look at you-Big Bad macho Wolf and his band of merry men. Where they all go, Romulus? Huh?"

Emily lifts her foot up as Lyla throws another punch into the side of Romulus' head. The Wolf tumbles to the side as he slowly begins to change. Emily does not seem impressed by the Wolf's behavior as Lyla keeps her ground. She, however, feels no need to move. The power of a mother's love was ten times stronger than any male Wolf in the world.

"You fuckin' bitch! I KNEW we should've killed YOU and your entire family! -"

Lyla waves her finger. "Wow. That really, REALLY hurts me, Romulus." Sarcastically, Lyla continues. "I thought we were all such really, really good friends."

"You cunt! I outta-"

"Did you hear THAT Emily? Whoa! Watch out! Mommy is a cunt!"

Emily snickers. "Like we ain't neva' heard THAT before...."

"I HOPE Echidna tore them apart! I hope Jersey's brains are buried in the dirt, your whore sister is hanging from a tree and your pathetic children and friend's blood covers the ground in which we step in. I hope they destroy those kids, torture Georgie Porgie and eats that baby Josiah right before your VERY eyes before we have the opportunity to kill you BOTH!"

Both Emily and Lyla laugh. "That all ya' got, Wolf? Really?"

Romulus, now in Wolf form, leaps into the air. Lyla refuses to move, as Emily stands with her gun out. Romulus' smile grows substantially; Lyla still remains her her original spot, as he draws closer to her body. He could already taste the copper against his tongue, her flesh wired between his fangs and the sound of her bones crunching in the darkness.

Suddenly, without warning, another Wolf leaps from the corner. It is Katie. Eyes as red as the burning sun, she pins Romulus to the ground. Her teeth tear into his shoulder flesh, as the two Wolves begin to battle out. Remus stands beside Georgie; the twelve girls eagerly wait for their participation in defending their clan. Romulus yelps in pain, as his eyes dart to Remus.

"BROTHER! Remus, help me! Kill them-kill them ALL!"

Remus walks up to Katie; she takes a moment to back up, as Romulus jumps to his feet.

"Kill them all, brother! We can take them ALL! Right now!"

Remus smiles. "You have no idea what's going on, do you my brother?"

Demented, Romulus watches his brother circle the room. "What are you speaking of, Remus? The box had been opened! We can TAKE them down! Echidna-"

"Has failed..."

"What!? But how-"

There is silence once more, as Romulus watches Jersey return with Hope in his arms. The little girl's eyes are focused on Romulus; Jersey hisses, as he places the small girl next to Georgie. Her sisters all rush to her side; Katie, with gleam in her eyes, clasps her head against Jersey's. The two embrace for a moment before the couple walk over to Romulus. Bhind Jersey, however, is Penny; in her hand, she still holds Pandora's Box. Malcom and Junior remain to the side.

"You...no! NO! you tricked us! You betrayed me, brother!"

"This had gone on for too long, brother. We had no chance. We-"

"Echidna PROMISED us BOTH a spot by her side when Fabletown was in her hands! We had a fighting chance! We-"

"You believe Echidna? She used ME as a pawn. She lied to ME; she promised no one was going to get hurt."

"No one got hurt, Remus! We merely needed the girl and that was it-"

"What were you doing earlier? Huh? Explain to everyone what you were doing in the woods, Romulus? The day you TRIED taking down every single Leeds child? The Jersey Devil? Those 'hunters?' Go on..."

Georgie glared in Romulus' direction. "You fuckin' bloody bastard! I KNEW that couldn't 'ave been mundies!"

Jersey roared, as his claws entwined around Romulus' neck. He held the Wolf down, as he attempted to bit Jersey's arm. Katie stood above his body.

"So, it was YOU who tried to take them down one by one...."

Romulus begins to find it difficult to breathe. "It was part of the job! Take you all down one by one. But the fucking idiots she hired couldn't aim worth shit; those girls over there are too smart for their own good and fuck Jersey and his sudden need to be a haro. I-"

Jersey pushed down onto his neck. "You almost KILLED my daughters! You almost killed me!"

Romulus snickers. "That was the point, Fable. To murder you, like Echidna wanted. Lave Katie and the others vulnerable in the sudden tragedy, while we killed ya' all off one by one. EVERY....LAST....ONE OF YOU...."

Penny stood beside her sister; the two held hands as she held the box out. Quietly, evryone watched. Georgie and Malcom made the girls turn around and cover their ears. Hope, however, managed to leave one eye open. She carefully watched her parents seek revenge.

"You failed..." Katie smiles, as she kicks Romulus in the head. "YOU failed, Romulus...."

Romulus looks over at Remus one last time. "You traitor! You will rot in the pits of Hell for this! I hope they fucking hang your ass from a tree and bury your body in a shallow grave! I hope to GOD, your soul remains stuck on this bloody piece of shit for all eternity!"

Katie, Jersey and Penny are quickly joined by Georgie, Junior and Peter. Emily grabs Peter's hand, as Lyla grabs Peter's other hand.

Remus nods to Jersey, who digs his claws into Romulus' neck. The blood pours from the openings. Katie watches as the life slowly fades from his eyes. She turns into a Wolf, grabs his right arm and pulls off.

"THIS IS FOR MY DAUGHTERS! MAY YOU NEVER HAVE TO WITNESS OR DEAL WITH THIS BULLSHIT EVER AGAIN! GROW! LIVE! PLAY! NEVER BE AFRAID!!"

Jersey takes an enormous chuck from Romulus' neck.

"THIS IS FOR MY PARENTS! MAY YOU BOTH NEVER HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT YOUR FAMILY EVER AGAIN!"

The blood coats the floor, as Katie's teeth clentch onto his chest. She tears his skin off, the blood surrounding her jaw line and sticking to her fur.

"THIS IS FOR JERSEY AND I! FOR THE ATTEMPTED MURDER AND THE PAIN YOU BROUGHT TO MY FAMILY!"

Junior turns into his true self; glass pokes out of his body, as blood pours from his eyes and nose. Peter's for turns; a mighty Black Wolf howls into the air as Penny allows her Wolf to come out and joins Peter in a howl.

"FOR THE PORGIE CLAN AND ALL THE FUCKING BULLSHIT THE FOLKERS PUT US THROUGH!"

Junior sends a shard of glass into Romulus' head, as Peter snaps his jaw on a leg. Emily laughs wildly.

"THIS IS FOR MY PAPA...."

Romulus remained still, as Jersey clasped his claws around his head, twisted and yanked right off from his shoulder. Jersey bellowed into the corridors, as he tossed the body part to the side. Pandora's Box opened, as his evil sould vanished into the darkness. It closed once more, as Penny held it close to her chest. Katie, now back in her human form, spits at the ground.

"May God have mercy on your soul...."

Without another word, Katie turns and heads to her daughters. One by one, she craddles them close. Jersey joins, as the girls bombard him with hugs and kisses. Now back in human form as well, they both take several minutes with their daughters.

"My girls. My beautiful girls." Jersey kisses each one. "Oh my baby girls."

Hope wraps her arms around Jersey's neck. Katie grabs Bella and Laura's hands, as they walk out the door. The rest of the family take this as their answer, as they follow Jersey and Katie. In her hands, Penny holds the box; beside her, Junior holds Josiah, who begins to kick and smile his toothless grin. Remus looks over at his brother one last time.

"Goodbye, brother. Say hello to Echidna for me."

The group walk out the castle and head straight back to Fabletown. Hope begins humming her father's favorite 70's song. 'Spetember' is sung between the group, as they continue on.

Together as one Clan.

Chapter 39 soon :) This....is....weird. Juno beach is wonderful; its weird having my laptop read one time and its really 11:22am right now. Threw me off BIG time! But its nice seeing my GF's folks. Have not seen them since....oh wow...Christmas of last year? Have a week off; going to enjoy my mini vacation, get fat, catch up on some much needed sleep and hopefully do some drawings and writing. :) Any questions, you know the drill.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.