Start a Story, be your own Fable. (Create a Fable Thread)

Comments

• edited November 2014

Therese and Reynard stood alone in the business office, contemplating their next moves.

"We need to re-interview a few of them," He said, pacing back and forth. His shoes scuffed the floor as he usually did, making an echo sound through out the wide space. "Any ideas?"

"How about Adam?" Therese suggested.

"No. Absolutely not."

"Why?" Therese became defensive. "Just because he's a little odd, doesn't mean he's unreliable. He could know things!"

"I don't trust him at all," Reynard retorted. "You see the way he is!"

"He lost his sister! He's depressed! It's rather obvious, at least I think so!"

"I'm done. Interview him if you must, I'm writing down a list of Fables that I thought seemed trustworthy." He slammed the papers she'd handed him earlier onto his desk, pulling the drawer open and stuffing them in an empty folder.

Therese crossed her arms angrily, spitting out at him,"Don't forget to call that fox woman. I bet you trust her!"

Reynard furrowed his eyebrows. "That's enough!"

"You are unbelievable! He's just a man! I trust him, more than 90 percent of the Fables who've been living here for decades!"

"And he's a part of them all. You know what, we shouldn't trust any of them. Who knows if they're all secretly on William's side. They could be feeding us false information for all we know!"

"You're paranoid," Therese said. She was stood up now, facing Reynard with red cheeks. He was a tiny bit taller than her, so she had to dart her eyes upward somewhat to see into his.

"I'm not paranoid. From what Charlotte said, he seems like he's more powerful than we think. He needs to be stopped, but I can't be risking peoples lives by letting him know that we're searching for him again!"

Therese let out a huffed breath. "I know. I don't want anyone to get hurt. But it looks like we've run out of options. I think the best thing to do would to be ask Adam. See what he knows. If he comes off as strange-"

"Oh, that's an understatement."

Therese glared,"-Then we can stop. Okay?"

Reynard turned around, grabbing clumps of his sweaty hair with his hands, then smoothing it out. "Okay. Alright. But one condition."

"What?"

"I'm going with you. I don't want you alone with the guy, he seems sketchy."

"There you go again!" Therese yelled. "He's sweet! A better man than you've ever been, that's for sure."

"You just think he's hot," Reynard said. His eyes were on fire, heat radiating off the surface of his skin. They were both heated.

"That's not all I think!" Therese said, though instantly regretted those words. "I-...." She let out a labored breath. "Fine. We'll go together. Tomorrow. Deal?"

"Whatever. That's fine."

There was an awkward silence between the two. Therese hadn't realized until now how close she was to Reynard. A few inches at the most. She felt her cheeks redden more than they were before, and looked away, although she figured it wouldn't make a difference. She walked off, sitting down at her desk and harshly typing in the passcode to her computer. She heard behind her as Reynard found his seat (Which he'd push across the room much earlier) and sat at his own desk. Neither of them spoke to one another for the rest of the evening.

Well, here's my chapter! I hope you guys are enjoying this, and if you are too busy to read it than that's fine too! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

• Idk if you saw my reply back earlier, but here it is again since it's not showing up for me:

Alt text

MasterStone posted: »

Happy Thanksgiving lol from Giant Mutant Fire Breathing Turkey!

• After what William did to TJ, more dangerous and evil before sounds like it will make things very major.

That does put Reynard in a bit of a different light: he's always flirting yet reserved when it comes to actually discussing things seriously.

Charlotte's sudden appearance is quite shocking, and some how I think it's more so given from Reynard's perspective, but I couldn't say why that is, I'm not sure. Giving it a couple of extra days has helped set the scene more and give us a better idea of where the characters are, if you see what I mean. It's so tempting to ask questions about how things will work out. :3 but writing it as you go is fun!

Thanks! I'm curious about how you wonder if we celebrate it the same way as you do more than you should, but to answer your question: we don't celebrate it at all. Though I still appreciate the happy Thanksgiving sentiment. :3 The closest thing in England is Guy Fawkes Day, or Bonfire Night, on 5th November, where we celebrate stopping a Catholic plot to blow up our Houses of Parliament in the early 1600's by burning the effigy of Guy Fawkes on a bonfire and letting off fireworks. We English are a... friendly bunch. Curiously, when Parliament passed the law in the 1600's to put the day of observance in place, it was called the Thanksgiving Act. Also, when settlers first went over to America, Bonfire Night was still observed, and was only stopped after the Revolution. Hopefully, that will be curious and not boring. :L I kind of feel I should apologize for not celebrating it, for some reason!

Here's to getting that reading done tomorrow! XD One Thanksgiving tradition the English have taken on is Black Friday, though I fear that really misses the point of Thanksgiving. And this thread is thoroughly enjoyable. :)

EMMYPESS posted: »

Thanks! I figured people have been wondering if I forgot about him completely. I wanted to bring him back, but more dangerous and evil than

• Which is worse: that the turkeys would plan such a thing or that that fellow up there would dance with such jollity about it?

Either way, you've unnerved me. :L Best stick to the pumpkin pie. ;D

Perhaps it's a kamikaze turkey? I believe he's sacrificing himself so that he can aid the turkey rebellion to get us to consume as much meat

• You should just celebrate Thanksgiving for the hell of it XD Interesting, though. Bonfire Night. Sounds cool! And don't apologize, it's not your fault you were born in the wrong country XD (Kidding, of course.)

Black Friday annoys me more than anything else. People die on that day, and that fact literally angers me to no end. Last year, a pregnant woman was trampled to death. I just can't fathom being responsible for something like that, and so I generally avoid shopping all together, despite amazing deals :L Now, Cyber Monday...THAT'S when I get excited! XD

LupineNoir posted: »

After what William did to TJ, more dangerous and evil before sounds like it will make things very major. That does put Reynard in a bit o

• A Google search has just informed me that one in six Britons celebrate Thanksgiving! So I probably could get away with a turkey feast and a smorgasbord of food. :P I'll have to remember that point if I get in an argument with my mum. XD I do need to go to America to get some authentic pumpkin spice, though; seriously, I started trawling the internet for scented candles and stuff when you were all talking about it. XD

That's an incredibly sad way to die. Are people really so desperate to spend less on an item than they normally would do to ignore a person dying at their feet? I find that really troubling, and sad. I'm inclined to wonder that you're family goes shopping on the Friday from your previous comment, and so it's also a good chance to get some alone-time. :L Yeah, shopping is much easier online than in busy stores anyway. :D

You should just celebrate Thanksgiving for the hell of it XD Interesting, though. Bonfire Night. Sounds cool! And don't apologize, it's not

• Had some pumpkin spice oreos the other day. Best. Oreos. Ever.

I know. I hate it so much. NOBODY should be trampled trying to get gifts for Christmas. Sometimes they go shopping, though this year I don't think so because we don't have a lot of money right now. I rarely go with them, usually it's a day where I sit around and watch TV and text all my friends who are shopping.

A Google search has just informed me that one in six Britons celebrate Thanksgiving! So I probably could get away with a turkey feast and a

• Wow, America really is the land of opportunity. As far as I know, the best thing to happen to oreos over here was putting them in Ben & Jerries' ice cream. Which has just made me think of a new flavour: Ben and Jerries' ice cream, with oreos and pumpkin spice. I don't even know what pumpkin spice tastes like, but I want that.

When it comes to money, people can get way bent out of shape and lose total perspective; but you're right, nobody should be trampled trying to get Christmas presents. Sounds like it's a good way to spend the day, to be honest.

Had some pumpkin spice oreos the other day. Best. Oreos. Ever. I know. I hate it so much. NOBODY should be trampled trying to get gifts f

• edited November 2014

I apologize, my imagination took a dark side there for a minute. :P

Which is worse: that the turkeys would plan such a thing or that that fellow up there would dance with such jollity about it? Either way, you've unnerved me. :L Best stick to the pumpkin pie. ;D

• It probably would not have been much of a difference; I felt it didn't add much and some of it was either too graphic or the sex scenes were a bit much for this thread. Just there for my own entertainment, I suppose. :) Oliver was a determinant, I guess you can call him; I wasn't too sure about him but after some time and consideration, his BG was determined.

I told JJ that we may be confusing some of the readers because we are doing stories from either the past or the future; never be afraid to ask either him or I a question if you are confused or need more info. Think Emmy and I like to do that to our readers. :)

I did write a few for 'The Simpsons', 'Bioshock' and a few others. 'The Simpsons' one did pretty good but not as well as The Porgie Clan has.

That which you cut out may or may not have added to the overall tale, but what you posted is certainly substantial; and, personally, I felt

• We're all safe now it seems! Thank goodness.

JJwolf posted: »

Happy Thanksgiving to you all! Have fun, eat plenty of food and be safe.

• I'm reading this while eating a Peanut Butter pie. (My GF is trying to give me diabetes) xD I will have to agree with Reynard. He seems like a sweet man; that being he's alone and lost his sister all those years ago but I'm starting to think he's using it to his advantage.

T is caught in the middle and she and Reynard HAVE spent a lot of time with one another. Charlotte seems like she knows more and is behind something but I can't be too certain.

Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving. :) I know I gained ten pounds! xD

Therese and Reynard stood alone in the business office, contemplating their next moves. "We need to re-interview a few of them," He said,

• edited November 2014

Emily, Ethan and Peter

Alt text

Guess who's back, bitches....

Emily, sitting on the bed in just her underwear, held the laptop close to her face. Her fingers tapped rapidly on the keys. The only source of light was the computer screen. She licked her lips, turned the volume up to her ipod and continued to click away.

"Try and get that bloody shit from ME, will ya', you fookin' twit!"

The door to the bedroom opened wide. Emily's girlfriend and business partner, Felicia, stood in the doorway. The light from the hall punctured the darkness. Emily, squinting her eyes, hissed in Felicia's direction. Felicia, ignoring Emily's tradmark behavior, flipped the switch on in the bedroom.

"Ya' still in yo' undies, daddy? What the hell are ya doing now?"

"CLOSE THE LIGHT, WOMAN!" Emily waves in the air. "I need complete silence and darkness!"

"Why? Ya' summoning the Devil in here?"

"I'm on BestBuy.com tryin' ta' get me Surfpro 3!"

Felicia cocks her eyebrow. "Ya Surf what now?"

"BAH! Ya' wouldn't understand!" Emily continues to tap the keys. "I'm tryin' ta' get mine before the sale ends and-"

Emily is silent. She pauses the song and peers deep into the screen. Felicia rolls her eyes.

"Whateva' baby. Ya' want me to make ya' some Bacon and Eggs?"

"Yeah, yeah, yeah. Crispy. Hot Tea, love..."

Felicia walks out the door. Emily screams with delight. "I GOT IT! In ya' face! Ya' little wankers thought ya' could fool ME-Emily Caitlynn Porgie-but I'm on me toes today, bitches! BOOM!"

Rolling her eyes, Felicia takes out a Cask Iorn skillet. She takes out an old Coffee can, pulls out a spoon and digs into the can. Felicia pulls out a spoonful of Lard, throws it into the pans and lets it melt. As she heads to the fridge, Ethan and Peter enter the kitchen. In his mouth, a cigarette sits along Peter's lips. His hair is a mess, eyes barely open and the only clothes he is wearing are green boxers, white tanktop and black robe. Ethan, however, is wide awake.

"Morning Felicia." Ethan grabs the paper. "Emily awake?"

"Ya' didn't hear ol' mini Georgie in there tryin' to get her whateva' it is?"

Peter huffs. "I'm going to kick her ass! THAT'S why I'm up so damn early."

Felicia throws the Bacon into the pan. "What time ya'll get in last night?"

Peter rubs his eyes. "I don't know...maybe 2 or 3am? Ethan?"

"Yeah. That sounds about right."

Peter sighs. "We stopped and got some food. I just couldn't sleep...."

"A lot of paperwork?"

Ethan nods. "Seems like it never stops. It get's worse as the holidays grow near. A lot of them are either concerns or complaints. WAIT until New Year's Eve...THOSE are going to be the fun ones."

"I can see why Bigby and White were always stressed, on edge or never slept. There IS no point."

Felicia takes two plates and adds the finished Bacon. "Ya'll want Eggs, too?"

"Scrambled for me, please."

Peter shakes his head. "Not much for Eggs. This works. Thanks Felicia."

Peter takes a piece and begins to chew on the crispy edges. "That girl neva' call you back?"

"It was simply a date, Felicia. Nothing more...."

Since his breakup from Arianna, Peter's love life was a hit and miss. Several times he went out but never of them lasted more than a week. Peter made the decision to call it good; if it happened to him, wonderful. If not, he'd stay single until that person came along.

"Well, ya'll find someone soon. And YOU, Mister Ethan. How 'bout you?"

"Henry and I are doing fantastic, Felicia. He's out of state right now with the Council."

"I can't believe you allowed him to join that mess."

"Katie is the main leader..."

"Yeah. Guess he'll be alright."

Peter immediatly dropped the subject. He didn't feel the need to carry it on. Emily, still half naked, ran into the kitchen. She shrieked, nearly running into Felicia.

"Daddy, I'm tryin' to cook food and ya' be acting like a, a...."

Ethan looks over the paper. "Porgie?"

"Yeah. A Porgie."

"BABE! I got me computer!! I GOT it!!"

"That's nice, baby but can ya' celebrate over there? You know-AWAY from this hot ass oil?"

Peter chuckles. "You were getting a computer? I think that shit is silly-mundies and their bullshit. You spent a DAY being thankful and then you turn around and do THIS shit."

"Yeah, yeah, yeah! I'm just fookin' thankful I got me computer!"

"And this is why we did paperwork. Fables like this..."

Emily sticks her tongue out. "Hey, what'a doin' up so early?"

Ethan glares over. "Hmmm. Lookin' at her RIGHT now."

"Who?" emily turns around. "Felicia?"

"No, not Felicia-YOU! You'r room is like, RIGHT by Peter's."

"Ain't ya' got your OWN apartment, Ethan?"

"Do you NOT remember the conversation we had last week-I'm staying here until early January. Henry is out of state with the Wolf Council and I HATE being alone."

Emily laughs. "Ya' just a big bloody baby." She wraps her arm around Petter. "And you, big guy. How is me little brother?"

"Been better."

"Ya' need ta' punch something? Go all 'Big Bad Wolf' on us?"

"No..."

"Hm. You mad 'bout that girl? I mean, come one-pussy is pussy and-"

"Wow, Emily. Classy. No, it's NOT about a girl...well, it kinda is...."

"What is the other part, eh?"

Peter finishes off his Bacon. "The, uh, Sheriff wants to hang out and get coffee today."

"Okay...then go!"

"I'm NOT getting Coffee with him, Emily."

"Why not?"

"I've acknowledged him as my biological father. I don't need to pretend that I WANT to be around him..."

Felicia sighs. "Ain't no one gonna tell you what to do, Peter. But in the end, ya' need to try and speak to him."

"I did." Peter scoots out. "I've made peace, know the truth and that's it. GEORGIE is my father."

Emily slaps the back of Peter's back. "That's wonderful, Peter! Now, time to wip this pathetic look on ya' face."

"What do you mean?"

"Daddy, it's too early-"

"Nah, Felicia! It neva' be too early! Junior is working right now-wanna go get a drink at the Trip Trap?"

Peter pauses to look at the plate.

"I don't know, Emily. Maybe Peter should stay home and-"

Peter stands up. "Let's go. Give me five minutes."

Emily claps. "Excellent. Make my food ta' go, love."

Any questions, you know the drill. :) Heading home tomorrow morning. Had a blast and hopefully you all had a wonderful holiday. My and the misses are going to wait until Cyber Monday to do any shopping for Christmas. xD Don't need to have my pregnant fiancee out there.

• JJwolfJJwolf Banned
    edited November 2014

Oh I'm going to like this one. Already that section with Emily and her shopping online. XD EVERYONE is after that Surfpro 3. I take it so are you? ;) Felicia calling her 'daddy.' LOL XD XD XD

I was wondering why Ethan was there but you explained it. Also, is Peter the Sheriff and Ethan the Deputy Mayor now? I'm assuming, since you mentioned them BOTH staying up to work on papers unless Ethan is just helping his brother out. :)

Also, I'm looking forward to seeing for Bigby and Peter interactions. Just by his statement, looks like they are not getting along so well or Peter just does not really want to seek out a relationship. Can't wait to see more.

Good start! :D

EDIT: The hell! When did you post this!? I love it; emily with her gun, Peter in the back and poor, sweet Ethan. xD I agree with Master-Emily is gorgeous. :D

pudding_pie posted: »

Emily, Ethan and Peter Guess who's back, bitches.... Emily, sitting on the bed in just her underwear, held the laptop close to her

• Let it take the dark side; the only problem I have is that I'm not sure I'll ever be able to look at a turkey in quite the same way ever again. ;P

I apologize, my imagination took a dark side there for a minute. :P

• Your author's discretion. :) I think Oliver's role up until this story was mostly a side one, most of the information of him being related by Penny, or possibly in connection to Georgie, and his inclusion and role was possibly made more satisfactory because of that: he wasn't a completely new character, so there's was already a bit of an image of what he was like.

Thank you for the offer to ask questions. :) It's normally quite easy to tell just when they are taking place, it may just be that I worry over missing details or links or losing track of characters; but it's entertaining reading, and probably one of the reasons why I enjoy your's and Emmy's tales so much. :)

Aha, that's interesting to know. I can't help but wonder what you wrote - I did a little for 'Bioshock' myself - though I shan't pry into your back-catalogue, so to speak. :P

It probably would not have been much of a difference; I felt it didn't add much and some of it was either too graphic or the sex scenes were

• edited November 2014

Chapter 2: Old Friend, New Acquaintances

"Where the hell is she?" Fayde mumbled. "I hate waiting out in the open like this."

"Fay? Is that really you?"

Shocked, the girl turned toward the sound of the familiar voice. Fayde couldn't believe it was her, after all these years...

"Oh my God. Dia diut, Holly! Dia diut!"

Holly made the most peculiar face expression. "Dia-what? You lost me."

"Hol, you’ve forgotten some of the Irish tongue already? It seems like you owe me a drink at this bar you've been telling me about."

"That would be my bar, my friend. Besides, Tá mé go hiontach," Holly grinned. "Seems like I don't owe you that drink anymore, but, I'll give you one anyway for old time's sake."

Fayde smiled at how fluent Holly's Irish still was, and at her reconsidering about her drink. "Well? Are you going to show me your bar or not?"

"Right this way."

8:46 A.M. - The Trip Trap:

"Here it is, the heart of Fabletown."

"Oh really? The heart of Fabletown?" The two women proceeded down the stairs.

"Well, yeah," Holly replied. "Fables of every sort come here to drink at my bar."

"Should I be impressed?" Fayde jokingly said.

"Yes, you should," Holly almost laughed. "Now c'mon, if we're lucky, maybe I can introduce you to a few other Fables."

She thought to herself. "Other Fables? Alright, Everwind, just play it cool like you always do. No need to make yourself look like a complete fool."

When Everwind and Holly strolled through the entrance, they started to hear some faint chatter the more they got closer to the main area.

Holly's face cringed when she saw Woody behind the bar, placing a total of three glasses onto the counter.

"Woody! Just what in the fuck you think you're doing?"

The Woodsman nearly dropped the bottle he was currently holding. "Holly?! I was just... I was just-"

A girl in front of him turned around on her stool to butt in. "He was getting what we wanted, Holly, chill. Besides, we'll pay for any damages in full if anything breaks."

The mysterious man next to her nodded in agreement.

"Alright, as long as we're on the same page here."

"Don't worry. Now Woody, fill those glasses with the good stuff!"

Woody grinned and filled the glasses to the top, while the three took a cup to take their first sip.

Holly turned around. "These people, I'm tellin' ya."

Fayde giggled. "I like them already. Well, anytime you're ready to introduce me to them."

"Gonna right now."

Holly gently wrapped her arm around Fay's neck and walked her over toward the laughing bunch. "Guys," The three stopped conversing and diverted their attention to Holly.

"I would like to introduce you all to my best friend, Fayde. She's from Ireland, so be nice!"

"Ireland, huh? That's fucking awesome."

"You came here by boat, right?

"It's nice to see such exalted company before us. Please, make yourself at home."

The mysterious man that sat next to the girl moved to make room for Fayde.

Holly unwrapped her arm around her neck, as Fayde took a seat.

"Wow, thank you. I - I appreciate the hospitality."

The red-haired girl spoke. "I think our introductions are at hand now, wouldn't you agree?" Fayde nodded. "Well, my name is Rose Red - as you probably have already noticed from my amazing hair and rose symbolic t-shirt."

"The bald guy you saw Holly yell at earlier?" Rose pointed, while he made an uneasy smile. "He's the Woodsman. A lot of people around Fabletown nickname him 'Woody' for short - like you heard Holly say."

"And last but not least," Fayde turned to her right. "The guy who moved his ass over a stool to make room for you."

"That name would be Tezoth." He replied back.

"Dang it, Tezzy! I was getting there!" Shortly after, all of them laughed along with Rose.

"Now that introductions are out of the way, I would like to make a toast for my friend." Holly went behind the bar, pulling out a bottle of wine from under the counter.

"A toast? Oh Hol, you don't have to..."

"Nonsense, Fayde, we gotta make you feel welcome. Rarely our community gets the opportunity to have Fables like you visit from other countries. Besides, I know you can't turn down a drink."

Fayde sighed. "You've persuaded me already. Pour me a glass."

Holly smiled, got out a glass, and filled it to the top. Same with the other cups.

"To Fayde, a good friend who's supported me through and through in the past. And, um, my sister."

The room was quiet. Fayde, confused, was wondering as to why everyone became quiet.

Soon, they chugged their glasses until the wine was gone. Fayde did the same as well.

END, of Chapter 2.

Whoa there! What was up with the sudden quietness? And why was Fayde confused? This may be something for you guys to dwell on until I explain in future chapters! I hope this proved to be an excellent reading experience for you all. :)

• Peanut Butter Pie? Where can I get one of those, I LOVE peanut butter! To be honest, I'm not sure myself if Adam will be trustworthy or not. Reynard has a point, though I think both him AND Therese are guilty of blowing things out of proportion.

T has some confusing thoughts that she hasn't yet addressed. Charlotte is good, I promise you that. She may be behind somethings, but you'll see in the end how it ties together :)

I must have gained 10 pounds also! We had a good thanksgiving, hope you did too!

I'm reading this while eating a Peanut Butter pie. (My GF is trying to give me diabetes) xD I will have to agree with Reynard. He seems like

• Reynard watched as Adam tended to the fire in his little fireplace. It was dark outside, nearly 6 at night. Reynard's stomach grumbled, but he ignored the platter of cheeses and crackers.

"So what was it you needed to talk about?" Adam was very reserved, wearing a fine jacket over a dress shirt and pants. He was always dressed nicely.

Therese was the first to speak up. "We need to ask you some other questions. They were recently- erm, added, questions to the survey we gave you a month ago, and we need to ask all of our most recently added citizens these questions."

"Very well," Adam had a small grin flash across his face, before carefully sitting down in the chair across from the love seat Reynard was forced to share with Therese.

"First," Reynard said. "Who exactly was your oppressor who forced you out of your Homelands?"

"Didn't I answer that one already? On the form?"

"Please, just answer the question," Therese said.

"Okay, um. His name was The Marker. He- um..." Adam's eyes darted away from theirs, to the fire.

"He what?" Reynard was a little overzealous in asking that, nearly jumping from his seat in eagerness.

"He drove us out. He-..Was rather harsh, to say the least."

"How did you escape?" Therese asked.

"You asked that one too," Adam remarked. "But I was one of the ones who helped the women and children out."

"What gate did you use?"

"The Canadian one, as you have informed me."

"How many died?"

"Over one thousand." Adam said, grimly.

"Okay," Therese said. She took as sip from the teacup in her hand, then placed it on the coffee table."I'm going to ask you a harder question. What is the Marker's real name?"

Adam tensed. His head turned slowly, to face Reynard who was staring intently at Adam's body language. Way too squirmy, he noted. Too squirmy and nervous.

"Answer the question," Reynard had a force in his voice that made Adam jump in his seat.

"I-...I can't tell you," He said. "Th-....These lips are sealed."

Reynard's heart dropped. A few months ago he had read the case about the Crooked Man. He read Bigby's notes, and Snow's notes too. All in grave detail about a woman named Faith's death, and the countless laws broken by a single man's organization of Fables even Reynard was friends with. Beauty. Beast. Johann the butcher. Even Tim and Mary. Reynard physically shuddered as soon as Adam said that simple sentence.

"That is all," He muttered. Reynard stood, pulling Therese to her feet against her will, and quickly ushered her out the door.

"But we weren't done-"

"Let's go, kid." Reynard forced himself to stay low-tempered as they hurried down the carpeted hall to the stairs.

"Why are we taking the-"

"Just shut up a second!" Reynard yelled. He stopped in the stairwell, pressing his head against the brick wall as he thought about what they had to do.

Therese stood near him, her arms crossed against her chest angrily. "What's your problem? We didn't finish that interview!"

"We finished it alright," He muttered, his face still against the brick wall. "He said,'These lips are sealed.' He's working for William, or even the Crooked Man. You didn't read the report, did you?"

"Well, no," She admitted. "I was going to, but haven't had much time to do so."

Reynard turned to face her. "We need to confirm this. We need to interview a few more people, see if they have the same reply, or if they even know. Stay away from Adam, okay?"

Therese just nodded. "Okay. I will try."

"No, seriously. Not until we can rule him on our side. If he wants us to trust us, he'll have to do a shit ton of proving he his trustworthy. This is a whole lot bigger than I thought it would be. God, Therese..." Reynard rubbed his face. "Go home. It's past business hours anyway. Get some sleep."

"...Okay. Um..." She paused, looking away from Reynard's stare. "Goodnight, then."

"Night."

Reynard watched as she exited the stairwell, through the little window she entered the elevator and presumably went down to her floor. Reynard slunked against the wall, the low light straining his eyes. But he didn't care right now. His body ached from his emotions. Each one conflicting one another. He opened his wallet to stare at the little photo it contained, of him, Meghan, and their daughter, Tarah.

"I'm sorry, Meg," He whispered. "I'm so sorry."

The stairwell opened. Adam stood there, pain in his eyes. "I will try my best to tell you what I can. But my lips are sealed."

Reynard nodded, and guided him downstairs, to the currently closed Business Office.

Tell me what you think! I've got a bit of an idea of where I'm bringing this. I might be able to answer some questions of the future, though I can't guarentee it.

Oh yeah, currently there is a family dilemma downstairs, and I can't seem to find the popcorn to listen to it XD God, I hate my siblings XD

Have a great Friday! Don't die (Because that's absurd, people dying in order to get good deals on gifts.) And tell your loved ones you love them (Because sometimes you just need to let them know <3)

Also, got my permit! Totes excited! Probably going to go driving on Sunday or something. We'll see!

• My GF made it; don't ask me how because I'm still recuperating from the sugar attack. xD All I know is it had whipped cream, mini m&m's on top and mini peanut butter cups. I love PB too. xD

Well, so far I DON'T trust Adam. Until I see different, I pretty much have my eye on him. He seems like he's up to something and again using his sister's death as a way to lure people in. Good to know Charlotte is a good person and I can't wait to see how T acts to all these new feelings and emotions.

I had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Glad you did as well, too. :)

Peanut Butter Pie? Where can I get one of those, I LOVE peanut butter! To be honest, I'm not sure myself if Adam will be trustworthy or not.

• Holy shit, does this mean Georgie is going to swallow a shit-ton of flies now? Sucks to be in his position. :S

I gotta admit, as fun as this all may seem - this is going to bite someone's ass hard. :(

JJwolf posted: »

Chapter 22 "In the dark of the night" Rose walked down the street and head to the Pudding and Pie. The lights were dim, as the club wn

• Forgiveness is a powerful thing. You've done good in sparing Georgie, Holly.

Really loved the moment near the end too, I've always loved sunset scenes. :)

Prologue The Homelands and I John, along with Holly, did their best to bandage Georgie's hands. They were stiff and the bones were ach

• edited November 2014

Damn it, Celeste! Do you think you are like Wolverine with your super regenerative-like abilities!?

(just kidding, I thought it was quite similar to that though :D)

To the topic at hand - is Bluebeard really dead? I just get a feeling he's going to somehow come back from the fire Celeste set to the building and somehow take his revenge on the two. That's my prediction so far, anyway.

Tetra posted: »

One Step at a Time The next day Makoto woke up early to go see Celeste to tell her how the project went. When he arrived to the hospital

• The awkwardness is too great! I think Reynard's slowly becoming like a father for Therese - and whether or not it's bad, I'll just have to find out!

Therese and Reynard stood alone in the business office, contemplating their next moves. "We need to re-interview a few of them," He said,

• Hahaha Celeste the female Wolverine! XD Is he? Maybe there will be a final showdown when Celeste and Makoto get to Bigby and Snow ;)

Damn it, Celeste! Do you think you are like Wolverine with your super regenerative-like abilities!? (just kidding, I thought it was quite

• (insert 80's montage music video here) XD

Hahaha Celeste the female Wolverine! XD Is he? Maybe there will be a final showdown when Celeste and Makoto get to Bigby and Snow

• Good next part! Gotta love those family dilemmas XD I raise my glass on the siblings as well :P I also find Black Friday absolutely ridiculous. Congrats also be careful people can be rather stupid on the road :P

Reynard watched as Adam tended to the fire in his little fireplace. It was dark outside, nearly 6 at night. Reynard's stomach grumbled, but

• AhHa! -points at compter screen- STILL don't trust you, Adam. That section these lips are sealed made it seal the deal for me. But I'm jumping to conclusion again and need to sit my happy little ass down and wait. Congrats on the permit; what a VERY exciting time but please be VERY careful. Enjoy the little extra freedom. :) Also, we didn't do the Black Friday; my girl is waiting until Cyber Monday. :)

Reynard watched as Adam tended to the fire in his little fireplace. It was dark outside, nearly 6 at night. Reynard's stomach grumbled, but

• I'm begining to think Fayde had no idea about Lily's demise; the mere mention of her name seems to have opened up some wounds. Cool that Fayde and Holly knew each other from Ireland. (Beautiful place) Glad to see Tezoth there with his woman Rose. :D And Woody. xD Typical Woody.

Chapter 2: Old Friend, New Acquaintances "Where the hell is she?" Fayde mumbled. "I hate waiting out in the open like this." "Fay? Is

• edited November 2014

It has been quite a while since Hol and Fay last seen each other, rarely they had the chance to talk via telephone overseas. I'm still debating how I will go about their past friendship together as well - ah, I'll think of something!

I'm going to try to make Tezoth's and Rose's relationship more... intimate. I remember Emmy saying that Tezoth and Rose being together is totally adorbs, so expect for actual romance this time around. :P

I'm begining to think Fayde had no idea about Lily's demise; the mere mention of her name seems to have opened up some wounds. Cool that Fay

• Hm well I'm looking forward to it whatev you choose to do with it.

AWWWW! -lights candles- I'm a sucker for the romance at times and l do agree with Emmy. They do make that odd but very adorable couples. Opposites attract, they always say. :)

It has been quite a while since Hol and Fay last seen each other, rarely they had the chance to talk via telephone overseas. I'm still debat

• Home

"Where should we start looking?" Celeste asked

"We have to figure out where we are first." Makoto said

They went around and asked where they were, they were in Seattle near the Cascade mountains.

"Should we look in the mountains?" Celeste asked

"It's worth a shot, plus it's been a while since I've been in the mountains" Makoto smiled

"When was the last time?" Celeste asked

"When I would train with Bigby, he looks mean but he's a pretty big teddy bear when you get to know him." Makoto smiled

Celeste and Makoto took a cab to the Cascade mountains.

That same day in the mountains.

"Snow we've got a problem." Bigby said

"Yeah why am I in a tent? And where are we?" Snow asked

"Well when I checked through our stuff we got a one way ticket to Seattle also it seems that Makoto and Celeste are on their way, here as well so we should start moving." Bigby said

Snow was speechless, what was going on here?

"How can you tell?" Snow said

"Later we need to keep moving." Bigby said

At the beginning of the mountain.

"Should we start climbing it looks like it's getting dark." Celeste said

"Yeah I know where they are follow me." Makoto said starting to climb

"You can tell where they are?" Celeste asked

"Yeah it was part of Bigbys training." Makoto said

"So can you tell where I am?" Celeste said

"Yup, I'll go into detail later let's just find them first." Makoto said

Night.

After a long night, Bigby and Snow saw two people walking up.

"Hey we finally found you!" Makoto said

"Hey kid good to see you." Bigby said while in his wolf form

"Thank goodness you guys are okay!" Snow said

"Well we had some difficulty getting here we ran into Bluebeard and he tried to kill us." Makoto explained

"That explains why we're out here." Bigby said

"Good where is he now?" Snow asked

"We killed him as far as we know." Makoto said

"Well I guess that fits." Snow said

"Look Snow and Celeste get under these rocks." Bigby said pointing to a hut and continued "Ready to go hunting kid?"

Makoto smiled "Just like old times."

"Is it going to be safe?" Celeste asked

"If you stay under there yes, otherwise Makoto is the only one who can stand while I huff and puff." Bigby said

Celeste gave Makoto a hug "Be safe okay?"

"I always am." Makoto smiled

Bigby and Snow looked at each other like they had this conversation before.

"Alright ladies go!" Bigby said turning to Makoto "Get ready to start searching."

Makoto nodded, Bigby started breathing in and after a while he let it out knocking down everything in it's path. Makoto started searching for somebody, he found someone who was close by. He started running towards the enemy. There was a woman who was under the aftermath of Bigbys huff and puff. Makoto went to strike but she shot up while getting up and grazed Makotos chest. When she got up she was surprised.

"You're that kid!? You're supossed to be dead!" She said

Makoto summoned a crossbow and shot the gun out of her hand.

"I've had about ENOUGH of your shit Goldilocks!!!" Makoto said walking towards her with murderous eyes.

Makoto tackled her and started punching, but while Bigby was getting Snow and Celeste out Makoto was attacked by someone else. When Makoto looked up it was a very charred Bluebeard.

"BIGBY! A LITTLE HELP OVER HERE!" Makoto yelled

Bigby looked over and saw that Makoto was in trouble, and ran over to help. Celeste saw that Makoto was hurt and started growing glass from her skin, she started running for Goldilocks.

"I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS FOR A LONG TIME BLUEBEARD!" Bigby said biting into him.

Bigby threw Bluebeard against a tree and tore him in half. While Celeste started cutting Goldilocks. Makoto looked over to see Celeste who looked more demonic, with glass coming out of her. With them both dead Celeste calmed down returning human.

"Celeste what the hell was that!?" Makoto said

"Remember my parents? This is part of their power I inherited." Celeste said

"No shit." Makoto said

Celeste nodded while they looked at both of the dead bodies.

"What a hell of a fucking day huh guys?" Makoto said

"Yeah can we go home now?" Snow said

"Yeah let's go." Bigby said

They all nodded and started to go back to Fabletown after the long fight.

That's all! Sorry I haven't been around for a bit, my parents have me doing christmas set up while I'm still at the house so I apologize. Any questions or comments let me know! :D

• Thanks! And yeah, it was great. Me and my youngest sister were like staring at each other as we were listening to it, saying things like,"Did she seriously just say that to him?" And stuff like that it was great XD

Yeah, I'm taking it slow for now. Probably will do a parking lot, some back streets. Stay away from crazy people, that sort of junk.

Good next part! Gotta love those family dilemmas XD I raise my glass on the siblings as well :P I also find Black Friday absolutely ridiculous. Congrats also be careful people can be rather stupid on the road :P

• edited November 2014

I still am not sure if he should be trustable myself. I have a plan, though I don't know how people will react or feel about him after they find out. It's complicated!

Thanks, it's SUPER exciting, and I'm glad I'm finally getting it done. So I lied about not going to the store today; After getting my permit, my dad got a text that we needed toilet paper so he took me to walmart and we ridiculed people who were hauling 60 inch TV's out the store- HOW DO YOU FIT A TV THAT BIG ON A WALL? It wouldn't fit on our TV stand if we got it! At least it wasn't as crazy since it was later in the day. But man, it was bad. Like, 8 people left with flat screens and that was it. At least there were no deaths that I heard of locally.

EDIT: Looked it up. THIS IS A SITE THAT EXISTS: http://blackfridaydeathcount.com/

AhHa! -points at compter screen- STILL don't trust you, Adam. That section these lips are sealed made it seal the deal for me. But I'm jumpi

• Well, I'm prepared for whatever you decide to do with these characters; I'm sure I'll react the same way but I will just have the wait and see. :) LOL love those random text messages; my fiancee does the same thing to me. I saw that site you posted; the advertisment for the 'I survived black friday 2014.' Like DAFUQ! 0_o lol I'd want one....xD

She and I want to get a flat screen and the Surfpro 3 for myself; I DO agree that some people are a bit extreme during these things. We heard someone threw a big ass deal about a woman and this toy she wanted for her kid. Stupid. lol Again, congrats on the permit. :)

I still am not sure if he should be trustable myself. I have a plan, though I don't know how people will react or feel about him after they

• A barren wasteland stood before Therese. There was toys everywhere-...She couldn't contain her excitement. But at the same token, her belly growled. It growled so loud that it made an echoing sound in the valley, and from the waters emerged her brother. Except, it wasn't her brother as he normally looked. He was decaying and disgusting, and there was bitter anguish on his face. "You did this to me, sister! I'm dead because of you!" he kept repeating. The toys chanted 'Dead! Dead!' in her ears and before her was the pot of food, except it didn't taste like food, it tasted of ashes and death. She cried, and cried, and cried, until her body could not hold her up anymore. And Darien stood before her, pointing at her with contempt as his body slowly disintegrated itself....

"AHHH!" Therese yelled out. She bolted upright, sitting on her couch with a thin blanket over her body. She was sweating across her forehead and all over her body. Her head pounded and every movement gave her vertigo. She fought back the feeling that she would puke as she got up and walked across the room to her kitchen. The medicine cabinet held her medications.

The bottle labeled 'Depression Pills' peaked out over most the other pill cases. She groaned as her eyes spotted it, then reached out shakily to retrieve it.

"It's been months," She whispered to herself. "I've been fine for months..."

She twisted the lid off. Her body ached with stress and sadness as she took on of the pills and filled a cup with water. It was a massive pill that could choke her if it ever got stuck. Upon swallowing it, she felt tears falling across her cheeks.

"I'm so sorry, Darien. So...so sorry. I was such a rotten girl-...I-..." She stopped, covering her face with a dish towel. She dumped the remainder of the water back into the sink and slunked onto her couch. It was freezing in the apartment, but she didn't care. If anything, it helped with how hot she felt right then. She could not fall back asleep. She didn't want to revisit her nightmares. She just stared at the wall as the moon slowly moved across the sky.

At the same time of night, Reynard sat across from Adam in Mary's interrogation room.

"This is all you can tell me? Seriously? It's fucking nothing!"

"My lips are sealed. I'm sorry, Reynard. I can't say anything else."

"So you're working for William?"

Adam shook his head," My lips are sealed."

"That's a no?"

"My lips are sealed."

"God, this is so damn frustrating! Is he in this world, or in your Homelands?"

"M-my lips are-"

"GODDAMN SEALED! I get it! Gah....I'm...sorry. Sorry. I'm just....Therese...her....fate. I can't. I'm sorry."

"Are you alright, Reynard?" Adam was always considerate in this regard. "Do you want me to go?"

"No, no. We'll figure this out. We can-..."He sighed. He looked down at the completely blank piece of paper in front of him. "How the hell did Bigby figure this shit out?"

"I suppose he did a little more investigating," Adam suggested, his eyebrow raising. "Of...the Crooked Man's origins, perhaps? Of maybe... His associates?"

Reynard looked at him with narrow eyes. "Are you saying I should research William's origins? His associates?"

Adam gulped, a sweat breaking out on his forehead. "My lips....are...sealed."

Reynard wrote it down. "Is there anything else Bigby might have done to find the Crooked Man?"

"Well he may have found out the origins of his symbols," He suggested. Reynard wrote it down. The rest of the night was spent like this, and by sunrise, both men were passed out on the tabletop of the interrogation room.

Well, that's all for tonight! I'm going to be lying awake thinking about what I'll do next XD I MIGHT diverge from this and write a mini-chapter from the homelands about a character from the comics (Maybe Rose, or Snow, or someone else) Just to mix it up a bit! Maybe even Therese, it Discardia! Yep. Goodnight!

• I used to do that with my cousin when we were little! XD It only gets better as you get older! Yeah especially at this time of month!

Thanks! And yeah, it was great. Me and my youngest sister were like staring at each other as we were listening to it, saying things like,"Di

• edited November 2014

A dragon thief and a rose, who could be more perfect than that? :)

Hm well I'm looking forward to it whatev you choose to do with it. AWWWW! -lights candles- I'm a sucker for the romance at times and l do agree with Emmy. They do make that odd but very adorable couples. Opposites attract, they always say.

• Emily is gorgeous!

Emily, Ethan and Peter Guess who's back, bitches.... Emily, sitting on the bed in just her underwear, held the laptop close to her

• This set-up would make a great TV show. xD Peter reminds me a lot of Bigby: the cigarette just on his lips, the way he talks. I loved Ethan looking over his paper and remarking, and Emily's unbridled enthusiasm! What would they do without Felicia?

As for the picture, well, Emily really is a kick ass Porgie! XD

Sign in to comment in this discussion.