Start a Story, be your own Fable. (Create a Fable Thread)

Comments

• Sister. Did not see that one coming! I suppose the silence and confusion must relate to Lilly, as Pie mentioned. Still, at least she's meet Tezoth, Rose and Woody - nice to see Tez and Rose might really get together. :3 Why has Fayde come over, though? Why did she not journey with her sisters when they came? And where's Gren?! So many questions - I'll just have to keep reading! :P And I'm liking Fayde, though that might be biasedness because a. I'm part Irish (not hugely but a bit), and b. I like imagining her talking with an accent. XD So good job on your new character! ;D

Chapter 2: Old Friend, New Acquaintances "Where the hell is she?" Fayde mumbled. "I hate waiting out in the open like this." "Fay? Is

• Good chapter! The lips sealed line certainly means Adam is involved with William somehow or other, but how? Hmm. Vampires do dress nicely, don't they? Ah well, hypotheses aside, I'm intrigued to see if 'The Maker' will be involved further, and can't help feeling symlathy for Reynard. He can come across a bit strong a lot of the time, but I think overall he's a good person.

EMMYPESS posted: »

Reynard watched as Adam tended to the fire in his little fireplace. It was dark outside, nearly 6 at night. Reynard's stomach grumbled, but

• edited November 2014

That's certainly a haunting nightmare; very informative of how she's feeling mentally. Or the stress she's under, perhaps, as the dreams don't seem to have been quite so bad for months.

I like that canny way of getting answers, having to think of some circumlocutions. And now Reynard and Therese have somewhere to start!

Yeah, I often lay awake wondering where to go with stories. xD You and Pie with your backwards and forwards writing - keeps us on our toes, and it's very entertaining! XD

A barren wasteland stood before Therese. There was toys everywhere-...She couldn't contain her excitement. But at the same token, her belly

• Peter sat in the back, continuing to rapidly press his fingers against the screen. The sounds of TINGS and vibration came every so often.

"Who is that Peter?" Worried, Ethan looks over. "If, you don't mind me asking..."

Peter ignores his twin brother's demands, as he continued texting. He had a sour look upon his face; Ethan tried again but the more he asked, the more Peter became exasperated. Ethan gave up. Emily, sitting in the driver's seat, cranked up the volume. In Peter's trenchcoat, however, a tiny box rattle against his chest. Glowing blue, Emily notices and looks over.

"Ey, ya' might wanna let ol' Ghost boy out before he throws a bloody fuckin' fit."

Sighing, Peter looks up. "He's FINE, Emily. I'm almost done..."

"Who ya' textin,' little man?"

"Seriously? You too?"

Ethan leans over. "You seem tense, Peter-"

"Fuck, man. It's just the Sheriff. He want's to hang and I said no-"

Emily whistles. "Oh man-"

Peter glares up. "The fuck does 'oh man' mean? This is MY choice, so you two or anyone else have no business stickin' your two cents in."

"Yeah, well, ya' know dad will be fookin' PISSED if he finds out ya' be ignorin' the poor bastard."

"How will dad be angry? He told m it's MY choice and that I'm an ADULT."

Ethan sighs. He leans forward, reaches into Peter's pocket and pull out the box. As he opens it, Nick flies from within, circles the vehicle and floats carelessly beside Peter. He looks over and notices Emily.

"Oh no-you let HER drive?!"

Emily flips up her middle finger. "Hahaha, the bloody floatin' ball of gas has jokes."

"You know I'm just teasin' you."

Emily smiles. "Still gotta give ya' a 'ard time, though."

Nick hangs in the air; he buoys around Peter's head until the Wolf looks over.

"Hey bud. You look like shit. Late night?"

"When is it NEVER a late night, Nick..."

"You know, if this is too much, remember what Snow and Big-"

Peter slams his fists down. "I'm FINE, Nick! If Ethan want's to leave, he's a big fuckin' lad; he does not need MY permission to walk out those doors."

"I like being the Deputy Mayor of Fabletown. Sure, its a lot of work but the benefits are worth it and at the end of the day, you did something-"

"BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURP" Everyone looks at Emily. "Bloody fookin' Christ! Did ya' hear that one!? Aye! This Coke be hittin me lower half pretty fookin'-"

"You're a disgusting Pig, Emily."

Peter and Nick giggle in the back. "The bloody Devil ya' mean, boy?"

"You fart, burp, pick your nose. At dinner, you eat with your mouth open. You're obnoxious and VERY rude! Even DAD had his limits to the amount of 'gross' he would dish out to mom!"

"Ya' point is, Ethan?"

Peter chuckles loudly. "You lost, bro. THAT'S what that means. Just move on...."

"No! YOU don't think she needs to contain herself and-"

"You're too much, Ethan...do you SEE who you're talking to?"

Folding his arms, Ethan leans back into his seat. Emily reaches over and gives a sisterly punch to his arm.

"Ya' be the funny one, Ethan. At least Peter knows!"

Nick notices Peter erase all the messages from Bigby. The Ghostly orb remained silent, as they pulled up beside the Trip Trap and parked behind Junior. He'd bring this up. But not today.

The only people in the Trip Trap were Holly and Junior, as the three walked inside and took a seat at the bar. Junior greeted them, smiling when he noticed who was sitting at his bar. Junior was Holly's second in command at the Trip Trap. He never pictured being here for so long but the money was good and he kept half of the tips they earned.

Holly had also grown attatched to the mini Porgie, as she trained him. Junior was worried there would be animosity between them but the two got along wonderfully. Plus, Holly enjoyed the extra help and company.

"What are you guys doing in my bar, huh? Here to cause trouble?"

Emily looks around. "Surprised not ta' see Uncle Gren here."

Holly laughs. "He'll be here later. Give that man some time."

Ethan looks over at Junior. "I don't want anything-"

Emily slaps his back. "C'mon! Ya' need something ta' drink."

"Fine. I'll take a Coke-"

"WHOA! Jack and Coke! Think I'll have-"

"NO! Just COKE! Someone needs to be sober and drive us home."

Holly nods. "It's true. If you all drove yourselves here, those are the rules now for EVERY bar in Fabletown. Ever since those teens did in that crash ten years ago, the rules are a bit more strict now..."

"Fine. Let Ethan take the fall. But me and Peter will have a Jack and Coke."

As Junior takes out the bottle of Whiskey and begins the preperation, Holly walks over to Peter. She leans across, arms folded beneath her chest, as she watches his fingers dash across the screen. His facial expressions say it all.

"Do you mind if I say something, Peter?"

Peter's eyes look up. They are a deep amber color. The same as Lyla's.

"Sure. What is up, Holly?"

"Don't get offended when I or other people say this. But, you look more and more like him everyday. It's nothing to be ashamed of, Peter. It's who you are."

Peter takes the shot of Whiskey and holds it in his large hands. "I know, Holly. My mom has even told me that. Dad, too."

"Then why continue to hide and pretend like none of us, including yourself, can see it?"

"I've made my peace with the Sheriff."

"I know he and Snow have those cubs. You talk to them as well?"

"Only three that seem to even acknowledge me AS their older brother are Winter, Blossom and Ambrose. Ghost occasionally says hello to me but...that's pretty much it."

"What about Snow?"

"She makes me feel that, I'm intruding in their home and I'm not welcomed. She's always looking at me and when the Sheriff isn't home and I stop by, she acts like I ruined the day or something."

Holly grabs the bottle of Whiskey. "You need to give them time, Peter. A lot of us are still getting the facts right and understand. Perhaps she too, needs a little time. Times were different back then..."

Peter sighs. He leans back and drinks the entire shot of Whiskey. "Ah. Needed that."

Holly reaches over and begins to play with the strands of hair draping in the corners and the front of Peter's face.

"Well, glad it helped you. Just remember you are not alone and if you ever need to talk or get a drink, you know where to find me, Wolf."

Peter smiles. "Hm. Well, perhaps I'll make THAT a routine after work from now on."

Holly giggles. "I'd like that, Peter. Your uncle Gren, well, he's got his own little family now. Jack rarely comes by and Woody just up and left one day and never returned."

"It's a deal then."

Junior, now wiping down the counter, hands Ethan another Coke.

"So, how is the Business office life?"

"I'll tell you THIS, Junior-it has its moments and then, you have those days where you just wanna burn the place down and start over."

Emily holds her glass up. "Here, here."

Junior rolls his eyes. "You'd NEVER set that place on fire."

Emily chuckles. "Ya' be right ta' think that. The Pudding n' Pie be me baby! I love it, take care of it."

"Yeah. Hear its the second best after hours place to go to here in Fabletown."

Holly sighs. "I remember when that place was shit and nothin' but garbage spewed outta' there."

"Well, me club is SECOND best. We'll get ta' first but I'll take it. We have themed nights now; closed on Sunday and Monday nights though. Rest of the week, well...."

Nick floats beside Peter. "HEY-you should go there if-"

Peter waves his hands. "No, no, no. I grew up around that place and my sister now runs it. Be a bit too weird if I walked in there needed a private dance or something."

Holly looks at Peter. "What about that pretty girl you were seeing?"

The room immediatly went silent. "We broke up..."

"OH, Peter, sweetie-I'm so sorry! I, uh...shit!"

"It's fine, Holly. I promise..." He leans closer towards Holly. "Trust me. For the best I THINK."

Holly smiles. "Well, Wolf. If you say so..."

Emily sits up, pushes her stool in and grabs a Quarter. She walks to the Jukebox, adds the Quarter and finds a country song. Emily lights a cigarette, takes the darts off the wall and begins playing. Love and Theft's song 'Angel eyes' plays softly, as a dart flies by. She celebrates, as Emily takes a drink from her glass. Soon, Peter and Holly join in. Junior laughs, as he pours Nick another Whiskey. The orb drinks, laughs and joins the others. Although he has no fingers, he still enjoys the game.

Ethan, leaning against the Pool table watches the game himself. Peter's pocket vibrates but he ignores it.

Right now, Bigby did not exist.

Any questions, you know the drill. It's so GOD to be home. And wow....we have a storm heading our way. To be honest, do not miss the heat and humid. Cali weather for me. xD Had a blast. I SHOULD be going to bed and resting but JJ wants to hang and play some Xbox. Guess he got one on sale during Black Friday.

• Yes, I was trying to imply that. She's been rather okay for a while, hasn't had to take her medication in some time, it usually helps with the nightmares more than anything. The stress levels have risen, and knowing her possible true fate is getting to her bad.

I've thought up of things that will happen much farther into future, and that's about it XD And thanks, we both try our best XD

LupineNoir posted: »

That's certainly a haunting nightmare; very informative of how she's feeling mentally. Or the stress she's under, perhaps, as the dreams don

• Prologue

Henry and Georgie leaned against the Shovel, as they watched Sunflower and several other Fables struggle to move a large creature. It hissed and roared into the morning air; its mighty claws would swing every couple of seconds and aimed for the bodies. Goldilocks, two chains in her hands, yanked down.

"You think THIS is something, Devil! I have to deal with THOSE three over there!"

She points to the three Bears, sniffing into the air. Sunflower jumps up, lands in between the creature's shoulder and attempted to pin it down into the ground.

Henry whistles. "Man, that big creature sure is giving them hell!"

Georgie looks closer. "He seems familiar..."

Henry looks over. "Do you know that Fable?"

"I think so, lad."

"Wanna go over there and take a look?"

Henry notices Georgie has already headed in that direstion. He places the Shovel against the tree, cuts through the grass and heads to the Barn. Henry does the same thing, as he follows quickly behind. They walk down the trail, pass several animals and Fables and went straight to the front. Georgie was bemused; the creature in chains, being wrestled to the ground and in chains, was no other than the Jersey Devil.

Peeved, Georgie snorts. He had not seen Jersey since that night in the Crooked Man's lair; he and the others were quick to toss him to Bigby's grasp. Without hesitation, they were willing to place ALL the blame upon Georgie's head. He turned and headed back to the Corn fields.

"Hey, Georgie! You know him?"

Georgie continued to walk forward. "Come along, Henry before Sunflower yells at us both. Bloody bastard..."

Henry raced to join his side. Jersey continued to fight, as his strength deminished and Sunflower had the creature chained beside an Oak tree. Upon the hill looking out, he noticed Snow holding papers.

That night, while heading back to his room, Georgie paused to glance over at Jersey. He was glancing at the ground, claws dug deep into the Earth, as mounds of dirt and grass piled around his body. Jersey would hiss every couple of seconds but Georgie noticed the fight burned out of his fellow Fable member.

He carefully walked up to Jersey; the moon seemed to create a spotlight of white, as he stood beside and waited. Jersey did not seem to budge. He remained on the ground, eye-less sockets looking at the grass.

"Hello Georgie..."

"Jersey."

Jersey cackles. "Nice to see you in one piece. Last I recalled, half your guts were pourin' right outta your belly. I KNEW the Sheriff had a soft spot for you..."

Jersey coughs, as Georgie lifts his boot and presses it against the missing antler. The crunshing noise echos in the darkness, as Jersey tries to throw Georgie off his skull.

"AHHH! You FUCKER!" Jersey swings, missing Georgie. "The FUCK! That's not very-"

"Ya' left me ALONE ta' defend meself that night, Jersey!"

"UGH! THIS again?! Look! I did what I HAD to do! The Wolf was after us ALL and there was no point if we all took the fall-"

"Ya' helped Vivian kill Lily and ya' ALL left me ta' take the blame."

"You tossed her body into the river! YOU helped tie those blocks to her ankles, Georgie-"

"YOU were there, along with those fat son-of-a-bitches, too! There was NO WAY-"

Jersey laughs. "It was too easy, Georgie. You were his pawn..."

Georgie could feel his heart break. "Wha...What?"

Jersey coughs, as he rubs his head. "You and Vivian were his pawns. He was using HER ribbon as an excuse to keep them quiet. UGH! They got 'em because the girls ventured out more than your bouncer did or any of us! He tricked you BOTH! And when the shit finally hit the fan, it was YOU who was taking the fall, regardless of your involvement...."

Georgie kicks Jersey in the jaw. There is a loud CRACK, as Jersey flies into the tree. His laughter continues, as Georgie presses his booy against his chest.

"Ya' bloody fookin' bastard. I should've known..."

"Psh! You wouldn't know the first THING about it, Georgie! I was the gate keeper to ALL of Fabletown's precious merchandise. Those poor saps would sell ANYTHING, just to keep the lights on for a few more weeks."

"Ya' sold me out!"

"Then, the Tweedles were like his butt buddies, along with that bitch Bloody Mary. Uh, man...they were his Hound dogs, always sniffin' about when we thought one of your girls was doing something stupid."

Georgie pushes his fot down, causing Jersey to cough and struggle to breathe. "You set me up!"

Jersey laughs. "He had you REAL good, Brit boy! The Totem pole was like this: Crooked Man on top, Bloody Mary, Me, The Tweedles, then here is you...ALL the way on the bottom!"

Georgie again punts Jersey in the jaw; he flies back, as the other antler attatches to the tree's bark. Jersey scrambles to free himself.

"I'll fuckin' scream, Georgie! DON'T think I won't and they'll keep you here longer and-"

Georgie's hands grasp around the stubs located on Jersey's back. The wings were once majestic and beautiful until he lost them years ago. Georgie yanked and tugged, causing severe pain to his shoulders and back. The force nearly caused Jersey to black out.

"GEORGIE-"

"Georgie? What's this bullshit ya' be tryin' ta' play on me now, huh!? Go ahead, ya' fookin' Rat-SCREAM fa' help!"

Jersey's head turned, as his teeth clamped tightly on Georgie's arm. With blood spilling from the bite marks, Georgie's anger is fueled once more, as he digs his fingers deeper into the wound. Jersey bellows out and throws himself against the tree. He pins Georgie, as he continues to yank at the stubs.

"NO MORE!" Jersey tries to grab Georgie. "PLEASE! Oh fuck! NO MORE!"

Jersey tumbles to the ground. Georgie pants, as the creature's blood slowly builds to the top. Georgie examines his bite mark; the area is bruised but nothing severe. He'd blame the Bears or something. Or, he'd say it was Jersey. The next few minutes would determine his fate. Georgie, using his foot, pushes Jersey over.

"Now, why the bloody Devil did ya' all think it was fair ta' blame JUST me?"

"You don't get it, do you Georgie? IF Bigby and the town saw it was YOU all along, they'd ask for your death. We'd have the opportunity to hide and vanish before they could even come looking for me-"

"I couldv'e said shit and-"

"Indeed but we had the ONE thing that mattered to you in this world-we never counted on Vivian doing it HERSELF, so we'd use that as a way to shut your mouth up!"

"You all are monsters..."

Jersey laughs. "We are ALL monsters, Georgie. Some just like to act it out more than others. No hard feelings....it was simply business."

Georgie stands up. He was finished with the Jersey Devil. "Fook ya', Jersey."

Jersry, sitting up, leans against the tree. Georgie barely makes it past the flower beds, as Jersey speaks.

"They told me...uh...about your fate, pimp. EVERYONE knows that Georgie Porgie is getting a second chance. Uh but you'll probably ruin that, too, just like you always do. That poor girl is going to learn the truth and leave you to rot alone in this world."

Georgie stands alone in the dark, as Jersey continues to speak. "That town was asking for your head on a stake-all of our heads actually. Did you know that Tweedle Dee hung himself after they took you away and had Vivian's body tossed down the Well? That was tough, Georgie."

Georgie turns. "Where did ya' go, Jersey?"

"Where ever the fuck I want, pimp. Where ever I wanted to...."

Georgie did not answer, as he walked back into the night.

"You're in mine too, Georgie." He paused. "You're...in mine, too. This 'punishment', Georgie-I know you and I have had our differences but, think this is a way for all of us to learn together...I don't know..."

Georgie ignored Jersey, as he headed back to the Village. Georgie climbed up the stairs and found Henry still awake, sitting up in bed.

"You alright, Georgie? Didyou know that guy after all?"

Georgie smiles. "I'm gunna be alright, kid...just an old friend of mine."

"What did he do to be brought to the Farm?"

Georgie climbs into bed, lights a single candle near his window and laughs. "What about half these bloody Fables DON'T do-follow the rules. Get some sleep, me boy."

Georgie felt Henry's head leans against his back, as Georgie looked at the moon and smiled.

It had begun.

Any questions, you know the drill. :)

• "What the fuck?" Mary's voice stirred Reynard and Adam from their slumbers.

"Do I have to put a fuckin' padlock on the damn door now? I can't trust that no one will break in with out talking to me first?"

"Mary," Reynard started, standing up to stretch as she walked over. She shook Adam's shoulder, since her voice wasn't enough to get him up.

"You coulda called! I thought someone came in and robbed case files from me! You're lucky I don't carry my damn ax around with me anymore!"

"I'm sorry," Adam looked between the two of them. "It's my fault. I wanted to have a private chat with Mr. Fox, here."

"It's not your fault," Reynard said, mid yawn as he stretched. "I figured this was the most secure room. Let's get out of here before Mary beheads us."

"Not funny," Mary frowned angrily.

Reynard waved her comment away and led Adam out of the room. It was opening time, and he was sure that Therese was impatiently waiting at the door of the Business Office for him to get there and unlock it for her.

But she wasn't there. Odd, to say the least. Reynard unlocked the door, told Adam he could go home.

"Thank you, Reynard. Call me if you need further help on matters."

"It's no problem," Reynard said. He watched the man walk around the corner before entering the office, turning lights on and setting up for the day.

Still, Therese had not shown up. He poked his head out into the hall. There was no line yet, which meant he had a small window of time to go up to her apartment and check on things. He ran down the hall, nearly running in to Miss Muffet who was herself on her way to the little grocery store she owned.

"Excuse me," Reynard spat out.

She grumbled as he ran off, going up the stairs and exiting on the 6th floor. Therese's door was the third on the right, and as soon as he got there, he took a second to catch his breath.

His hand knocked on the door. There wasn't any answer. He knocked again a minute later. Still, nothing. He reached under her doormat, pulling her spare key out from under it, and pressing it into the keyhole. The door swung open softly. The room was dark, he could barely see.

"Therese?" He whispered. "You here?"

He checked the bedrooms. The bed was made neatly, as if she hadn't slept in it a single day. The spare room just had a desk and a computer in it, no where to lie down. The bathroom was untouched, no condensation of water from any recently taken showers.

"Therese?" He called out louder, looking behind things. The balcony window was open, letting in the cool winter air in, making Reynard shudder all of the sudden.

"Therese!" He yelled loudly, as he approached the window. He stood there, looking out at the slowly rising sun. "Therese! Where are you?!"

A finger tapped his shoulder, and he swung around swiftly. Charlotte stood there, fear in her eyes.

"I think she's been taken," Charlotte said.

"No, no. She couldn't have, could she? She could have-"

"She must have!" Charlotte said, kicking a blanket on the floor out of the way. "Where else could she have gone?"

"The store, maybe? To get coffee?"

"She usually stops at the office, first, right?" Charlotte suggested.

"Well-.." Reynard paused. "Fuck! We need to find her!"

"My best guess is probably William," Charlotte said. "If I would have known-"

"Can't you just travel back to before she was abducted? Stop William?"

"I have no power to stop him," Charlotte said, grimly. "I can time travel, I'm not a miracle worker. I came to warn you. If it wasn't enough, then I'm sorry. I have to go."

"Wait!" Reynard begged. "Do you know where he could be?"

Charlotte shook her head. "No. I don't. You must find it on your own, before he becomes too powerful to find." She looked down. Reynard had been holding the notebook that he scribbled notes in during Adam's questioning. It was the same notebook Charlotte left behind.

"Use it," Charlotte said. "That is your key. That's what will save her."

"How do I know I'm doing the right thing?" Reynard asked, quietly. Almost inaudibly.

"If I don't return," She said. "If I don't come back in the next few days, then you've done the right thing."

"I don't understand," Reynard said, looking down at his feet. When he looked back up, she was gone.

Dun dun dun! Therese is gone! We need to find her!

I'm trying my best to get this down right. Tell me how you like it, if it was good or not. I don't know, I'm not perfect. I doubt myself sometimes, which is a super bad habit. Any questions, I'll try my best to answer!

• I'm happy to see more of Nick; I would love to see his character develop and take off in this story. :) He's Georgie's, um, conscious sort of, right? Or guide? THINK that's how you put him. Freaking Emily and her typical behavior. I love that she is like whatev and does what she want's. At LEAST she burped and didn't pass gas. xD

So, is Peter avoiding Bigby? It seems like he want's nothing to do with the Sheriff. (At least he sees his half siblings.) Snow's behavior towards Peter, though, made a bit pissed off and I wanted to reach into the story, grab Peter and hug him. And do I detect flirting coming from Holly's side of the fence??

Holly reaches over and begins to play with the strands of hair draping in the corners and the front of Peter's face.

Alt text

OOOHH..I THINK I figured out what Holly meant to Georgie! xD <3

This is getting good; why is Peter ignoring Bigby, why is Junior too damn cute, AM I right about Holly and will Emily remian that badass female Georgie look-alike with rockin' tits? xD

Well done, man! Can't wait to see you in a few hours! Missed you!! :D

pudding_pie posted: »

Peter sat in the back, continuing to rapidly press his fingers against the screen. The sounds of TINGS and vibration came every so often.

• JJwolfJJwolf Banned
    edited November 2014

I was waiting for Jersey to arrive at the Farm. I DO agree with what he said, that being Georgie is the only one that can determine it in the end. I noticed everyone he used to be involved with or knew in some way are big parts in his future: Jersey being with Katherine, Vivian Emily's gurdian Angel, as you can call her; Junior married and producing offspring with bloody Mary. Ethan being with Henry, the kid that stuck by Georgie during his stay at the Farm. Perhaps Peter and Holly? <3 :)

UH! It all makes sense! S many feels! AWW! And Henry is too cute with Georgie. Jersey's horrific details about the CM and Georgie being a pawn. :( LOVED this! The prologue section is answering SO many questions.

Prologue Henry and Georgie leaned against the Shovel, as they watched Sunflower and several other Fables struggle to move a large creatur

• Is Mary Celeste's mum? I am intrigued about her! Otherwise, I remember this comic being pretty intense and you've certainly captured something of that here! Makoto and Bigby are just like old pals. ^_^

Tetra posted: »

Home "Where should we start looking?" Celeste asked "We have to figure out where we are first." Makoto said They went around and as

• Ahh, Jersey! Makes sense he'd turn up somewhere, and I'm interested to see if their relationship will develop at the Farm or back in Fabletown. Tweedle Dee never redeemed himself, but it would surely have been better to get him locked up than have him hang himself. Still, it shows how tough the times were, though they brought it on themselves.

Prologue Henry and Georgie leaned against the Shovel, as they watched Sunflower and several other Fables struggle to move a large creatur

• JJwolfJJwolf Banned
    edited November 2014

Chapter 23

Still disguised as Lyla, Rose began lighting a few candles along the dresser and desk. She tosed a handful of petals onto the bed. The stereo beside the door played Keith Sweat's 'Twisted.' Rose remembered a conversation in which Robert told her that's the music he always played when he and Lyla were alone.

Perfect finishing touches, a Rose threw herself onto the bed. She shut off all the lights, as Robert continued to finish up in the bathroom.

"Almost done, my love muffin?"

Robert, trying to fight back the urge to change, began to grunt. "Uh...almost, Lyla...just...."

"Well, don't keep me waiting too long, big guy. I've been dreaming about those large Grendel arms wrapped around my body..."

Rose wore a simple pink see through lingerie set. Leaning against the pillow, she procedded to continue teasing Robert.

"I remember the night we made RJ...you were so passionate, so gentle and caring.

Robert grunts. "Uh god, Lyla. I missed you." The door swings open. "I've been waiting for this night."

Naked, Robert stands in the doorway. Rose sits up, allowing Robert to see every inch of her body.

"But I gotta be strong, girl you did me wrong. I thought we were really down; now you be saying you want me girl-"

The music played on, as Robert walked to the edge of the bed and pinned Rose against his chest. Roberthad no idea the Lyla he was caressing in his arms was really Rose Red; his ability to make sense of this all and understand was blinded by the ever glowing love he had for Lyla. He helped undress Rose, as her breasts became exposed.

Robert groaned, as he stroked her hair. "Lyla...you're so beautiful..."

Rose passionatly kisses Robert, tracing her fingers along his back and shoulder. Robert nibbles on Rose's neck, as she could feel Robert's heavy breathing. She bites her bottom lip, enveloped in the moment of passion.

"I love you, Robert."

Robert looks at Rose. "This is all a dream. You...you're with Georgie. You are married and-"

Rose places a finger on his lips. "That does not mean a thing, Robert. you have me heart..."

"But Georgie-"

"You even said it yourself. He doesn't deserve me..."

"I can't explain this-"

"Ssh. Explain it through the sheets, Robert. Make love to me..."

Robert was lost in Rose's sweet voice; all he could see was Lyla, as their past memories rushed back. All he could see was the night RJ was conceived; the music playing in the back, the sound of the city below and the moon pouring into his apartment. He knew they were meant to be for eternity. He felt it. Perhaps it was the silly mark he had but it didn't matter. This was the most he's had in centuries. Georgie DIDN'T deserve this beautiful treasure.

"Got me Twisted over you. Girl, ya' got me Twisted over you..."

Robert cupped Rose's left breast, as she leaned her head into the sheets and let out a low moan. Robert began to grunt once more, as his slender fingers began to turn into claws. His warm skin was icy and pale, as his body returned to its original status. The gigantic Grendel opened Rose's legs, exposing everything in between. He smiled, as Rose traced a finger along her thighs.

"Fuck, Lyla...I love you so much."

Rose smiles. "I love you too, my sweet Grendel. Now, what are you waiting for? Take me..."

Robert, eager to feel her body beneath and the love within, sloped down until his nose was touching Rose's. They clutched tightly, his hips begining to thrust and Rose grabbed his neck and shoulders.

"Oh Robert...I love you so much. I've always loved you. She could never be me..."

Robert paused; Rose could feel his shoulders tighten, as he stood up and looked down. Rose frantically tried to grab his arm.

"Why did you stop, Robby? I thought you wanted to-"

"ROBBY?!" Robert jumped off of Rose. "Since WHEN do you call me Robby, Lyla?"

Rose tried reaching for Robert. "Sweetie, listen! I, uh, didn't mean to, alright? Come on-let's finish fucking so we can-"

Robert pushed Rose off and backed into the wall. "You're not Lyla...."

"Don't, don't be ridiculous, Robert! WHO else would I be, sweetie?"

Robert glares at Rose. "Prove it..."

Rose anxiously smiled. "Okay..."

"What did you tell me the night you broke up with me? The EXACT words you promised to me before you left?"

Rose's eyes widened. "What? Robert, it happened so long ago-"

"WHAT were those words, Lyla? I mean, IF that is even your real name...What did you tell me?"

Rose jumped off the bed and ran to the front. Robert swung back and knicked Rose in the arm. The claw marks were across her shoulders, as Rose ran out the door and headed out to the front. The towering Grendel was close behind; she knew if she could reach the elevator, she'd be safe. Rose opened the front door and frantically pushed the buttons.

"Come on!" She turned back and noticed Robert. "Come on! Come on!!"

The heavy doors opened, as Rose ran inside. Robert attempted to pry open the doors but before he could manage to wrap his claws around, Rose was heading down to the lounge. Robert returned to his glamoured self; he didn't need to cause trouble for himself and risk mundies seeing him again. Robert quickly ran down the stairs, hoping to catch the unknown woman in time. As he reached the bottom of the stairs, though, she was gone.

The security guard noticed Robert.

"Ya' lookin' for someone, Robert?"

"Tom, did you notice a woman with short brown hair leave the building?"

"Uh, yeah. She just now left. She seemed pretty distressed and-everything alright, Robert?"

Robert pushes past Tom. "Everything is FINE, Tom! I gotta go!"

Robert runs out into the city of Fabletown, He pauses to sniff the air, as he catches a glimpse of her perfume. Angry and betrayed, Robert runs through the city, noise and lights. He's determined to find out the truth, as he runs past groups and cabs.

Rose, still running into the night, heads straight to her apartment. Before she turns the corner, Rose takes out another vile, drinks it and turns back into her usual self. Rose immediatly douses herself in her own perfume, before heading back to her apartment.
    ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,`,

Gren, walking beside Carla, playfully pushes her into a wall.

"Seriously, Gren? You almost made me fall!"

Gren grabs Carla and presses her against the brick wall.

"You DID fall for me. We have Rosie and another on the way." Gren rubs her belly. "I'm PRETTY sure you've fallen already."

Carla giggles. "You're an ass sometimes Gren but I love you."

Hand in hand, they walk around the corner and notice the Pudding n' Pie. Carla sees her sister, holding a jar, frantically running up to her.

"Is that Lyla?"

Gren squints. "Is she holding a Frog or a jar of Jam. I can't tell...."

Lyla grabs Carla's arm. "OH thank god you two showed up! Something happend to Georgie. LOOK!"

She holds up the jar, containing a Frog wearing a Bowler hat.

"The fuck?" Gren taps the glass. "Who did this?"

"I don't know! But the camera shows your brother was here and an unknown woman."

"Robert did this?" Gren was shocked. "No....he would never-"

"We'll call Swineheart. See what he can do. Until then, Gren, you NEED to go find Robert. See what's going on."

Gren agrees. He kisses Carla on the head and runs towards Robert's apartment. The thought of his brother dipping so low baffled him; sure, he wanted Lyla to himself but to go as far as magic? Gren secretly hoped he was wrong, as he ran straight to Robert's apartment.

Along the way, he didn't see the frantic man eagerly sniffing the night air, as he ran to Rose Red's apartment.

Any questions, please ask away. Chapter 24 coming soon. Got a fun filled day later with Pie; got me an Xbox one on Black Friday and WE are going to test it out! HE prefers playstation 4 but...pssh. xD

• Family Ties

That same night when Makoto and the others got off their flight.

Where has he seen that transformation? Makoto thought. It seemed so familiar yet he couldn't put his finger on it. Celeste walking next to Makoto.

"What's on your mind?" Celeste said

"Hmmm? Well your transformation looks really familiar is all, I'm trying to figure out where I saw it." Makoto said

Celeste looked sad "Did it scare you? You're scared of me now aren't you?"

"Why would I be scared?" Makoto laughed "You do know I'm the son of Death right?" Makoto said

"Okay if you say so." Celeste said

Celeste stayed close to Makoto while Bigby and Snow talked in private. Her face got red.

"Hey I need someplace to stay tonight could I stay with you?" Celeste asked

"Hmmm? I had people move your stuff into my apartment before you left the hospital." Makoto said

"And what made you think I wanted to keep staying at your place?" Celeste said

"It's kind of obvious" Makoto laughed and continued "Plus I'd like you to be there so I feel less lonely." Makoto said looking down "But if you want I can have Fly, and Boyblue move your stuff out tomorrow."

Celeste was hit with shock, she felt like a teenager with butterflies in her stomach. Her eyes started to water up.

"Goddamn it Makoto, why do you always make me feel so happy." She started to cry wrapping her arms around him.

Makoto was confused "Is that a bad thing? Man I'm bad at this stuff." he said

"Would you just shut up" Celeste giggled "Let's go home."

Makoto nodded and they went back home to the woodlands.

The next morning.

There was knocking at the door and Celeste was in the shower, so Makoto got up to answer it. Snow White was at the door.

"Hey Makoto, is Celeste up? I was wondering if she wanted to go get checked by Dr.Swineheart with me before she becomes a citizen. Also Bigby wanted to see you in his office when you're free." Snow asked

"Hmm okay, I'll go tell Celeste to hurry up, she's in the shower right now." Makoto said

Snow nodded and Makoto went and got in the shower with Celeste.

"Hey! Couldn't you wait like 5 more seconds!" Celeste said with a red face

"Sorry, Snow wants you to get checked by the doctor and then you can become a citizen and I have to see Bigby in his office so I had to jump in with you." Makoto explained

Celeste sighed stepping out of the shower "It's fine just give me a heads up next time."

Celeste got dressed and went out with Snow. Makoto followed short after and headed to Bigbys office.

At Bigbys office.

"Good Makoto you're here" Bigby said sitting with another woman.

"What's up?" Makoto said

"I'm heading out to Paris, After that you and me are heading to Canada." Bigby said

"Okay, when should I start preparing?" Makoto asked

"You'll be fine for a bit." Bigby said

"Understood, is that all?" Makoto asked

"Well it's about Celeste, do you know her origins?" Bigby asked

"I've been trying to figure that out." Makoto said "Do you know Bigby?"

"I know her mother, she's Bloody Mary." Bigby said

Makoto came to a realization, it makes sense why Mary was being nice to him.

"Keep an eye out for Mary, I think she's dead but I don't know for sure."

Makoto nodded "Anything else?"

"No that's it kid have a good couple of days" Bigby said

At the doctors office.

"Well from what I can tell you're both relatively healthy." Sineheart said "And I guess some congratulations are in order for you Miss White."

"Congrats for what? My life is ruined." Snow said

"Snow..." Celeste said

"There are options, it IS the 21st century." Swineheart said

"DON'T" Snow said

Celeste started to feel uncomfortable.

"As a doctor I'm supposed to tell you your options." Swineheart said

"Hey Snow let's go, I'll help you." Celeste said

"Thanks, I need to call Bigby and see him so you can go home when we get to the office." Snow said

"Are you sure? Well I'll be at home with Makoto so just give us a ring if you need anything." Celeste said

Back at the business office Celeste dropped off Snow who gave Bigby a call, Celeste went back to the apartment where her and Makoto spent the day together.

That's it! Any questions or comments let me know! :D

• Haha, Mary. xD Now you've mentioned her, she'd be great at combating William, I imagine. Therese disappearing is very troubling, however. Why, I wonder; and can we rule Adam out seeing as he was with Reynard all night? Though, he could have pretended to be asleep and snuck out, leaving Reynard none the wiser.

The only question that I'd genuinely ask (the others are just what I'm wondering but would obviously spoil the story if were answered), is whether or not we can trust Charlotte - whether or not she's genuine. Of course, you may have not decided for yourself or there may be twists you have planned which would be revealed if you answered, so if you don't wish to answer that's totally fine!

And you shouldn't doubt yourself! But we all do, and it's not always a bad thing. Because of that doubt, you might focus on aspects of your stories that you might otherwise brush over or ignore if you were super-confident, and those details or amendments help make it good, if you see what I mean. That's not to say you should doubt yourself, I'm just putting a positive spin on things, which hopefully comes across in this jumble of words. xD

"What the fuck?" Mary's voice stirred Reynard and Adam from their slumbers. "Do I have to put a fuckin' padlock on the damn door now? I c

• Oh man not Therese! :( I'll send Makoto and Celeste to help find her XD. I liked it, it was good! I feel the same way when I write stuff like this and when people tell me to do voices whether it's in public or otherwise, what I do is tell myself that this is for fun and to have fun with everyone else then I eventually overcome that doubt :)

"What the fuck?" Mary's voice stirred Reynard and Adam from their slumbers. "Do I have to put a fuckin' padlock on the damn door now? I c

• Celeste is a very interesting individual indeed ;) Thanks that's a good thing I've started re-reading the comics instead of running on memory so hopefully they can be a little more accurate to them XD. Yes they are! They make a killer team! :D

Is Mary Celeste's mum? I am intrigued about her! Otherwise, I remember this comic being pretty intense and you've certainly captured something of that here! Makoto and Bigby are just like old pals. ^_^

• She holds up the jar, containing a Frog wearing a Bowler hat.

I properly laughed out loud at that! xD

Aside from that wonderful image, this was a rather steamy chapter! Whether or not Robert tracks Rose down, it surely won't take him long to figure out it was her, what with the scratch marks he left behind and her referring to him as 'Robby'.

Have fun gaming, guys! xD

JJwolf posted: »

Chapter 23 Still disguised as Lyla, Rose began lighting a few candles along the dresser and desk. She tosed a handful of petals onto the

• Maha! She is Mary's daughter! xD But who's the father? Either way, Makoto and Celeste seem to be getting on quite nicely. :) I'm guessing Bigby's reference to Canada foretells the March of the Wooden Soldiers, and seeing how you mentioned in your other reply that you're re-reading the comics, I'm sure that'll be a tense story arc!

Family Ties That same night when Makoto and the others got off their flight. Where has he seen that transformation? Makoto thought. It

• Chapter Six - Happily Ever After: Part One

Once upon a time, in a land of verdant sweeping valleys, dense forests and magical chateau, there lived two brothers who were born of a noble line: Jacques and Bertrand.

Jacques, the eldest by two years, was tall and handsome. As a young man his poetical prowess would see him woo not just fair maidens, but fair men also. Yet the tussle of dark hair atop his head would not be confined to the sweeping touch of a lover's hand, for the cold embrace of a metal helmet was destined to adorn it.

Bertrand, a shade shorter but more muscular, fell under the shadow Jacques: he lacked the captivating personality or the ability to spontaneously riff a terza rima that made so many flock to his brother. He was not without skills, however they were simply not as popular as poetry. Bertrand's expertise lay mostly in that of animal husbandry: when Jacques would lock himself away in his room - either writing or fornicating, but always doing it with a substantial volume of wine - Jacques would be tending to the horses, or learning how to best care for a new born lamb.

Such was the way of things for many years; their level nobility did not oblige them to journey to the King's court and seek through sycophancy or skill any royal position. That calling in life was answered by their father, and due much to his work the family did not have to worry such a great deal about reserves of gold.

Best laid plans and visions of the future can often be trampled upon, however, and for the brothers it was the heavy stampede of war that would turn to dust the hopes for their lives.

The conflict began when the King, out with a hunting party - a group that included the brothers' father -, were all set upon and killed. Whether through embarrassment or the machinations of bloodthirsty advisers, the court proclaimed that the cause of the King's death was - instead of the marauding Trolls that were actually to blame - a group of vagabonds who had once been Knights of the neighbouring Kingdom, but who were, in fact, still Knights. It was announced that the vagabond nature of them was merely a sly ruse employed by their neighbours, who lusted for more land and had ordered the assassination.

While this claim by the slain King's court may appear Silly, and mainly Stupid (for is it ever wise to construct war?), there was a ruthless logic to it: a quick execution of prisoners was made in place of the fictitious ex- but not ex- Knights, and before the neighbouring Kingdom could respond to the dangerous slander they found themselves set upon by the slain King's armies, backed by ferocious support from the people of the land seeking just retribution for their royal loss.

The two brothers did not have a great care for the King they were now without, but the murder of their father struck them both with a pain almost as real as that of a sword. Therefore, when the Queen called to arms and volunteers were sort across the land, both Jacques and Bertrand signed up and rode to war.

Now, reader, you may be thinking: 'this tale of brothers and warring Kingdoms is all fine and dandy, but how does it relate to the peculiar goings-on in Fabletown, dash is all?!'. (And if you were thinking that, I must commend you on the use of the curious phrase 'dash it all', but wonder why you'd think a tale of war and a murdered King 'fine and dandy'. Such flippancy towards regicide is not becoming of you.). Timely for both of us, then (lest you scroll on by) that we are currently ambling into the crux of this chapter; and to help things on their way, I will explain now that the brother called Bertrand would later become known as 'Beast'.

On the day the noble brothers and other volunteered service men marched forth from the great town square, Jacques was gifted a red rose from one of his loves, a young lady by the name of Fleur. "Wear this," she had told him, "and you shall never come to harm." Her love for him was clear; and as the rising sun lit her alabaster skin Jacques found his heart a flutter to a similar rhythm as her's. They stole a kiss, swore to see each other again; and then Jacques - and the others - were gone.

Jacques did not take much stock in what Fleur had told him about the rose, thinking it some lover's fancy to ease the parting and the worry she would feel for him; nonetheless, he always wore the flower, threading the stem through his ring-mail armour whenever he entered combat. In fact, the conflicts of the war were so frequent that he was hardly seen without it - the flower never withered -, and he soon became known as the 'Rose Rider.'

The truth was that Fleur was no mortal human, but a faery with capabilities of magic; she had enchanted the rose, as she enchanted her form, and so the object would indeed keep Jacques from harm as long as he wore it.

10 months went by and the war stood in favour of the slain King's armies; the Queen ordered the final push into the enemy strongholds and the conflict promised to soon be over. On a day that bloomed with rosy sunlight and an early autumnal feel to the air, a detachment of 20 men led by Jacques, and including Bertrand, were chosen to scout out and, should the opportunity present itself, infiltrate a nearby grand house that belonged to a high member of the enemy's court. There could be highly useful records stored there, and even if there weren't the capture would be such to bolster further the troops' morale.

Jacques secured his rose before setting out. It took them a two hour ride from their encampment before they found the house nestled within a forest; yet it was more than just a grand house - it was a palace of stone. Arched windows, an imposing oaken door, decorative crenelations upon the roof, and conical, 'witch's hat' towers; the right-angled corners gave the building the shape of a square from the forest, however, unseen there was an open space in the centre of the palace that acted as a large garden. Visible was evidence of recent work - no doubt given the proper modifications and time the building could have been made into a formidable defensive structure, but currently things seemed quiet. Very quiet: the tools were scattered about, food and drink left in flagons and bowls.

Sensing an ambush, Bertrand appealed to his brother that they should send for reinforcements before attempting to take the building; Jacques gave the notion consideration, discussing it with the other soldiers, and came to the conclusion that such a course of action would not be best. "If there is to be an ambush," he reasoned, "they shall set upon us while we wait for the extra blades; and if we ride back they may take the opportunity to further bolster whatever defences they have. Or the place may be empty; either way, we are to take it."

Yet Bertrand paced backwards and forwards, fretted and pleaded, sure that something was awry. Perhaps the time the younger brother had spent around animals had endowed him with something of their heightened senses towards danger; whatever the case, he said all he could think of to stop his brother. "Bertrand," Jacques told him, "I know your natural state leans on the cautionary side, but I assure you that - even if there is an ambush - we can seize this palace." Bertrand certainly found his brother's confidence reassuring, and Jacques went one step further. "Here brother," he took off the rose given by Fleur and placed it in Jacques' armour, "I truly have come to no harm while wearing this: even in the toughest battles I have been without a bruise. If you worry so much for our safety then escape should we be attacked, and bring those reinforcements." Bertrand, though hesitant, accepted the rose and found it's presence a comfort to his thoughts.

The soldiers went in. At first, the palace remained silent as they walked through it, all ever wary of eyes that may be watching them. They trod in rooms of vast space, with vaulted ceilings high above and windows decorated with filigree; spaces covered wall to wall in filled bookcases; and saw walls decorated with paintings of beautiful maidens and dying men. But nothing attacked them.

After exploring for what seemed hours, they came back to the entrance hall where they had first come in and concluded that the building really was deserted. Having espied the verdant garden in the centre of the palace, they decided to find their way to it in order that they may lay in the sun a while, basking not only in the warmth but their celebratory mood: surely, now, after taking such a prize the war would end within weeks.

Upon finding a passageway that led to the green space, they were amazed by how much larger it seemed when out in it than how it had appeared from the windows of the palace. The area was covered with grass, small beech trees grew here and there, and in the centre stood tall a thick oak tree, it's myriad leaves swaying gently in a breeze, branches reaching so high as to stretch above the palace itself. Surely a tree of magic to grow so large and tall.

They all stepped up to it in order to observe the bark, when a high-pitched whistle shrieked from close to the moss- and ivy-strewn palace walls; the air whipped, and then hissed, coming alive with a volley of arrows from all directions. Most of the men were punctured and died before they knew what was happening, some grabbed for shields but could not defend themselves from all sides, the quantity of arrows flying at them bound to find a gap in their armour; it was mere seconds before Jacques and Bertrand were the only ones left, having pinned themselves against the tree. There was a two seconds pause where all the brothers could see were their comrades dead around them, swathes of crimson blood leaking over the green grass and glinting in the sunlight.

The next arrows were fired directly at the brothers, the shiny metal of their armour providing no lasting camouflage against the wood of the tree. Bertrand could not face death straight on - he turned to his brother and watched as an arrow pierced Jacques above his heart, where he had always worn Fleur's rose. Jacques dazed gaze looked at the shaft sticking out of him, when another arrow dived into his right arm, and another into his abdomen, and into his chest. Blood started to pool and drip. There was only one arrow that truly killed Jacques, however, and it was the one Bertrand saw plunge deep into his brother's throat. The life sprayed out of Jacques and he slumped to the ground, red and wet with his own blood.

The sight was too painful for Bertrand, who shut his eyes tight and awaited the arrow that would end him. There wasn't one. Each arrow fired at Bertrand veered off course, if only slightly, but always enough to ensure that he would not be hit. So it was for five minutes, farcical if not for the painful deaths of those strewn on the floor.

Bertrand's fear and sorrow quickly turned to fury the longer his life carried on. His eyes opened with a hatred that seemed to shine from the black of his pupils; he unsheathed his sword and charged furiously towards the ivy and plants from where the arrows were still shooting. Sure enough, disguised men soon fled as they realized the folly of their attempts to kill the charging man; he swept into them with unbridled bloodlust, hacking and slicing all before him. As he cut through the last man, he saw across the garden others fleeing into the palace; roaring like a lion, Bertrand followed and cut each one down. He swept through the entire palace killing all, a flood of blood and carnage. When his blade blunted into uselessness, Bertrand resorted to his bare hands in order to snap and break any who remained. None were left alive by the day's end.

Many years past. The war was won by the dead King's armies, and it was now a Glorious Queen who ruled over three times what her husband had called a kingdom.

Bertrand never left the palace after the day he, his brother and the soldiers first found it. Somehow, the palace was forgotten in the celebrations of victory, and none came to see what had happened to it. The bodies of the enemies he took to the forest to be feasted on by wild animals, while the bodies of his comrades were buried around the great oak, his brother closest of all to the tree. In time the roots would reach the decayed dead and the tree would grow even bigger on the bloody earth.

The rose he planted in the garden and soon the grass was red once more with the deep shades of hosts of roses, each with enough magic to shield a wearer from danger. These roses would wither in time once picked, however; yet seeing them everyday was enough to keep Bertrand alive, and he overcame the loss of his brother.

The stocks of food and drink were plentiful for one man, and only until the supplies dwindled did he seek out a nearby village and enlist the help of people who would ask few questions but deliver goods reliably. He paid them with the abundance of gold stored within vaults below the palace.

Bertrand had grown accustomed to his solitary life when Fleur, after searching for so long, knocked upon his door. He refused her entry, haunted by the sight of his brother's lover so unchanged by the passage of time. Bertrand told Fleur Jacques had been pierced by ten arrows, and described how he himself had brutally finished the men who'd killed his brother. When Fleur enquired about the rose Bertrand had been honest, and explained how Jacques had given it him. After her heart had hoped for so long, her lover's unnecessary death made Fleur insensible. She cursed Bertrand for being so selfish as to take his brother's rose, for being so cruel as to tell no one of what happened and leaving families in confused grief. She cursed him for having cared more for animals than his brother, and for killing those men and becoming such a beast. Then she fled.

Bertrand began to transform on the spot, and harrowed by his state he confined himself to two rooms of the palace for so long that time became meaningless.

Eventually, Bertrand consigned himself to the hideous fate; and one day after a merchant happened by, clearly in need of shelter. Bertrand provided food from the shadows, and the merchant spent the night in a comfortable bedchamber. Waking to the sight of the rose garden, the merchant thought to pick one for his daughter before departing; when he did, however, Bertrand was so furious he demanded the merchant send his daughter to care for him. The long passage of time had been hard in it's loneliness.

The daughter, Bel, came and saw the Beast and stayed. She fell in love with him, her gentle touch and beauty providing desperate healing to Bertrand's heart. He never again used his real name though, for it brought back the memories of a time he wished to never revisit; and nor did he explain the full truth of his transformative curse, contriving of engagements instead so that the turth may lay buried even deeper.

From the love of Bel, Beast found himself transformed back into a man; Fleur's curse had been cast by her hurt love and so true love again could reverse it.

And Bel and the Beast lived happily ever after. Well, more or less.

Fleur certainly didn't, though.

A few hours went into this chapter, and I wonder that it might have felt like that to read it! I really hope it didn't but apologizes if it did. Anyway, if you take this and the last few comments of the previous chapter - with a leap of imagination thrown in - you might be able to guess the villains of my story. Of course, the chapters are so far apart I totally understand if you can't - any questions, ask away! And thanks for reading. :)

• Ace detective Lupine you've cracked the case! :D Makoto doesn't seem to care who Celestes mother is he just wants her to be safe and keep him company :) It is time for the March of the Wooden Soldiers! Will Makoto survive the war? Who knows! ;)

Maha! She is Mary's daughter! xD But who's the father? Either way, Makoto and Celeste seem to be getting on quite nicely. I'm guessing Bigb

• xD After everyone said they pictured that, I had to add it.

I was a TAD worried about the, um, 'steamy' parts to this chapter but I've seen aND read worse, so I'm not worried about it. :) THINK we can handle a little sexy time. You have cracked the case; Rose will act stupid but in the end, those marks will give it away. She's not in trouble...for now.

And we will have fun! Looking forward to it! Missed my partner in crime. xD

She holds up the jar, containing a Frog wearing a Bowler hat. I properly laughed out loud at that! xD Aside from that wonderful i

• This is really cool! Although my mind is absolutely boggled at the moment haha! I have no clue who the villain is! 10/10 will definitely read this again so I can figure it out!

Chapter Six - Happily Ever After: Part One Once upon a time, in a land of verdant sweeping valleys, dense forests and magical chateau, th

• Excellent, I knew I was wearing this sheriff's badge for a reason! Um, not that I randomly wear sheriff's badges.

shifty eyes

:P Anyway, the fact that Makoto cares only for the safety of Celeste and is not concerned about her parents is a brilliant quality. :) Surely the son of Death can survive death? D:

Ace detective Lupine you've cracked the case! Makoto doesn't seem to care who Celestes mother is he just wants her to be safe and keep him company It is time for the March of the Wooden Soldiers! Will Makoto survive the war? Who knows!

• Oooo, I'm going to have to delay giving the specifics as to why Fayde didn't come along with Holly and Lily. You guys will find out about it, eventually.

Gren's probably just sleeping off his whiskey back at his apartment. And Fayde does talk with an Irish accent, I'll have somebody state how awesome-sounding her accent is in the next chapter. :P

Sister. Did not see that one coming! I suppose the silence and confusion must relate to Lilly, as Pie mentioned. Still, at least she's meet

• Thanks! :D Don't worry if you can't, it is a bit of a jumble! I'll hopefully get it laid out plainly in the next chapter, or maybe the one after that, but by goodness I'll have done it by the end! :P

This is really cool! Although my mind is absolutely boggled at the moment haha! I have no clue who the villain is! 10/10 will definitely read this again so I can figure it out!

• Ufft, your teasing us with your tantalising talk of specifics! We'll wait patiently. :) Or, I will at least - I ain't the voice of all other readers. :P

Yeah, that's probably what he's doing; and that would be a very good thing to do. :P

Oooo, I'm going to have to delay giving the specifics as to why Fayde didn't come along with Holly and Lily. You guys will find out about it

• Hahaha! XD Makoto really is a carefree guy lol nothing seems to necessarily bother him negating when Bluebeard tried to kill him and broke down. I'm sure he'll be fine with all the training he's been given between Snow ,Bigby and Mary :D

Excellent, I knew I was wearing this sheriff's badge for a reason! Um, not that I randomly wear sheriff's badges. shifty eyes :P Anywa

• He certainly is one tough cookie. :)

Hahaha! XD Makoto really is a carefree guy lol nothing seems to necessarily bother him negating when Bluebeard tried to kill him and broke down. I'm sure he'll be fine with all the training he's been given between Snow ,Bigby and Mary

• Well then by all means detect away. XD Though now you've told me you're trying to become a detective yourself I may have to think of something particularly fiendish later on. ;D

Well since I'm trying to become a detective myself, I don't quite mind as I love a good mystery! Just give me a bit XD

• Well since I'm trying to become a detective myself, I don't quite mind as I love a good mystery! Just give me a bit XD

Thanks! Don't worry if you can't, it is a bit of a jumble! I'll hopefully get it laid out plainly in the next chapter, or maybe the one after that, but by goodness I'll have done it by the end! :P

• Hmmm for some reason the forums has eaten your comment :( I shall when my parents do not have me hanging Christmas decorations XD Ah do I smell a game Lupine ;) I accept your challenge! :D

Thanks! Don't worry if you can't, it is a bit of a jumble! I'll hopefully get it laid out plainly in the next chapter, or maybe the one after that, but by goodness I'll have done it by the end! :P

• I think it's just you for now. Once I get things rolling with Fayde, people will start praising her. :)

Ufft, your teasing us with your tantalising talk of specifics! We'll wait patiently. Or, I will at least - I ain't the voice of all other readers. :P Yeah, that's probably what he's doing; and that would be a very good thing to do. :P

• It has! :O Well, at least you got in on your feed. Have fun with the decorations at least. :D Haha, I best think of something for the future. :P

Hmmm for some reason the forums has eaten your comment I shall when my parents do not have me hanging Christmas decorations XD Ah do I smell a game Lupine I accept your challenge!

• Haha I'll try I'm not very good when it comes to decorating so I kinda just walk up to my mom and she points me to where she wants it XD Haha! I can't wait to see what it'll be ;)

It has! :O Well, at least you got in on your feed. Have fun with the decorations at least. Haha, I best think of something for the future. :P

• Haha, the image of that happening with every piece of tinsel or baubles is quite amusing. XD Yeah, all I've got to do now is shoehorn some logic puzzles into my story! :P

Haha I'll try I'm not very good when it comes to decorating so I kinda just walk up to my mom and she points me to where she wants it XD Haha! I can't wait to see what it'll be

• Whoa! You did wonderful during that love scene; I could picture it all and I wouldn't worry about it. I too described (I think) Georgie and Lyla PLENTY of times. xD I loved this! I agree with Noir. Robert ill KNOW it was Rose cause if I'm not mistaken, she is the only one that calls him Robby. Plus, those marks.

Rose is sneaky and I'm loving where this is going. I have thise feeling she is going to do something to RJ, though...:( Frog Georgie with a Bowler hat. xD xD xD LOVED this!

And psssh to you, too. xD Can't wait, though. Seriously. :)

JJwolf posted: »

Chapter 23 Still disguised as Lyla, Rose began lighting a few candles along the dresser and desk. She tosed a handful of petals onto the

• You can PROBABLY rule Adam out; I never intended him to be a bad guy, but I also intended in the beginning to make him more major of a character and Reynard less major of a character, but some how those roles reversed :L Oh well! Still have some ideas, though like I've said a kajillion times, I don't know what I'll be doing exactly, but it will get done and be fabulous in the end. I can guarantee that :)

Charlotte is in fact trustable. She's literally the only character I'm one hundred percent sure on. She won't have much of a major role, other than help them every now and again in super sticky situations. She's kind of like that occasional hint you get during videogames XD

Thanks, lol. I know, if I didn't doubt myself I think my writing would be a lot crappier, in all honesty. I still post it even when I don't know how good it is, and usually i reread it, fix things that I misspell, and then I'm like,"Huh, maybe it WAS good...." lol. But yeah!

Haha, Mary. xD Now you've mentioned her, she'd be great at combating William, I imagine. Therese disappearing is very troubling, however. Wh

• I know man! Makoto and Celeste will wreak havoc on William's forces! And yeah, I remind myself too that it's for fun as well :) Thanks!

Oh man not Therese! I'll send Makoto and Celeste to help find her XD. I liked it, it was good! I feel the same way when I write stuff like

• I hope they would at least take out most! No problem EMMYPESS! :D

I know man! Makoto and Celeste will wreak havoc on William's forces! And yeah, I remind myself too that it's for fun as well Thanks!

After being ushered back into the building by Bigby, Snow was both giddy with excitement and troubled with nerves. She watched from the front doors as the massive wolf tore wooden soldiers a part with his giant teeth.

Could she truly be falling for him? She held her large belly with both her hands as Flycatcher steadied her. She refused to take back her cane out of eagerness, using her binoculars to watch Bigby from afar.

"He's fine, Miss White," Fly assured her, trying to get her to sit down.

"I need to watch it all,"She replied. "I am the general, am I not?"

"Well yes, but you're also pregnant and somewhat disabled."

"I don't care," She said. Her smile hadn't yet faded as she watched people round up the heads of the soldiers, tossing them into a giant metal barrel. Bigby was the main overseer, pointing his long snout in directions as he told people what to do.

"The battle is over," Fly continued to prod. "Sit, please. For the cub. For yourself."

She waved him away as Bigby approached the building, still in wolf form. He nodded his head at her, a sign to listen to Flycatcher. Finally swayed, she was led to a couch across the room.

"Isn't that better?" Fly asked, standing in front of her."

She nodded,"I suppose. I still want to see what's going on though."

"Don't worry. It's all being taken care of. You should go up to your apartment and rest."

"I can't," She said. "Bigby is here!"

"I know," Fly laughed, sitting on the cushion next to hers. "He's been gone for months, but he's back now. I'm happy too. But you need to think of the baby."

"I know, I know," She said. Her hands gripped the edge of the couch.

"It'll be a while," Fly told her.

"I know."

"I guess I'm not getting you to move again, am I? At least you're sitting. Need anything?"

"Nope, thank you though." Snow sat back after a while, exhaustion wiping over her all of a sudden. Her eyes drooped as she waited for her wolf to come strutting through the front doors.

Bigby came in, about an hour later, in his human form. He was still adjusting his belt when he spotted Snow on the couch, passed out.

"I can't carry her," Fly said, placing Snow's cane down against the couch.

"No worries," Bigby said gruffly. "I'll get her."

"Goodnight, then, Sheriff."

"Goodnight, Fly."

Bigby lifted his love up carefully. Having the amount of strength he did helped as he carried her to the elevator, up to her floor.

She stirred awake in his arms softly. "Mmhhm...Bigby?" She whispered, her head stuffing itself into his shoulder.

He stayed silent as he opened her apartment, turning the lights on temporarily and guiding her to her bedroom. He laid her down on her massive bed, taking her shoes off and tucking her under the covers. The briefest lights of morning escaped past the shape of skyscrapers out Snow's windows. He turned and started to exit the room.

"Bigby?" She said more audibly, lifting her head off the pillow.

He turned slowly, a grin on his face. "Yes, Snow?"

"Stay."

He chuckled. "Still commanding me like a dog, I see."

"You know what I mean!" She laughed with him, sitting up tiredly. "Just-....Stay with me?"

Bigby walked across the room, sitting on the edge of her bed. He ran his hand along her leg, smiling down at her. "Did I hear you correctly?"

She nodded, closing her eyes. "I'm tired. I missed you so much, Bigby."

"More words I never thought I'd hear from you," He whispered. Their hands intertwined with each other, and she pulled him down against her chest. He smelled her, rubbed her belly with his hands as she ran her fingers in his messy hair.

He stayed there until she fell back asleep. After that, he kicked his shoes off, crawling onto the other side of her. He couldn't sleep, but he would keep her company throughout the night.

He loved her.

I always figured something like this happened after that battle. It was the first time she truly showed her love for him, and I didn't think it would diminish as soon as she went back inside. After all, it skips to the day she goes into labor, and her and Bigby seemed on good terms at that point. They may have not kissed, but she certainly cared for him and even loved him then. It must have been heart breaking having to go to the Farm with her cubs when Bigby couldn't be with her. I think Snow is my favorite character of all time, in any sort of book or media. She has a lot of qualities that I share with her, and I think that's part of the reason why I like her so much. I also love her sister, Rose, as if she were MY sister because of it, too. Most people actually hate Rose, and for some reason it actually shocked me that people would, but looking back at Rose's actions, it seems very easy to hate her. But I don't. I love Rose's character. And if she does end up dying by the end, I will genuinely be grief stricken. There. I said it. <3

Sign in to comment in this discussion.