Ep 1 Release Date Discussion - Out Now PC/Mac/PS3/PS4/XboxOne/360/Android

Comments

• Still love the story and am excited but as I watched the trailer I couldn't help but think it looked rushed

• well they still have time to render the graphics better .. and we dont know what platform the trailer was maded from ( probably PC )
    anyway i have high expectations in this

beguiler posted: »

Still love the story and am excited but as I watched the trailer I couldn't help but think it looked rushed

• The graphics look horrible, look at the opening in the beginning, it's flat! xD
    Anyway, the graphics doesn't really matter, it's the story that matters!

beguiler posted: »

Still love the story and am excited but as I watched the trailer I couldn't help but think it looked rushed

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

The game looks great, the voice acting from the actors sounds really good and i am looking forward to haring who will voice the other characters.

Bigby-Wolf posted: »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRMoVJReI9U&list=UUF0t9oIvSEc7vzSj8ZF1fbQ

• I'm quite eager to play this, but most of all the music is what's really doing it for me. Maybe a soundtrack will become available with whatever DLC comes out this time next year? Or I'll just do many playthroughs to hear it again...

• Well this trailer told much more than the first one. I can't wait for those chats with Margaery, Cersei and Tyrion! And Ethans role seems to be pretty much what I expected but somehow I just got more interested in his story by this trailer, and there will be some Ramsay too. It looks like Rodrik and Gregor are fighting in a soldier camp. Maybe it's the night of the Red Wedding. I mean most of the people there were celebrating outside in the tents.

• "The graphics look horrible"

Wow really i thought the game looked better here than it did during the first trailer lol

In any case telltale's graphics have never blown me away so it looked fine to me

Davisx3m posted: »

The graphics look horrible, look at the opening in the beginning, it's flat! xD Anyway, the graphics doesn't really matter, it's the story that matters!

• Well, i wasn't expecting any graphical masterpiece and so i am not dissapointed. I'd say the graphics are decent. Tyrion looks amazing for example but Cersei looks not that amazing. And the Family we play are very good graphic wise. So probably they had problems with the actor's graphics in the game. Nonetheless, i never bought a ttg for the graphics, all i want is a damn good ttg story like always! (And no delays, please.)

• Something that immediately caught my attention in the trailer: no Erin Yvette. I'm honestly kinda bummed out about that.

• Hehe, yeah. :P but compare it to TFTB or TWAU or even TWD s2.
    I could take some print-screens of the trailer, but it's not that important xD

TommyW posted: »

"The graphics look horrible" Wow really i thought the game looked better here than it did during the first trailer lol In any case telltale's graphics have never blown me away so it looked fine to me

• The trailer didn't get me excited at all for some reason.

Will still buy it, but the graphics suck. Sorry, can't put that any nicer.

• Minecraft. Cool.

Bigby-Wolf posted: »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRMoVJReI9U&list=UUF0t9oIvSEc7vzSj8ZF1fbQ

• I'm excited as well as frightened .
    I don't care that much about graphics but this ... , to be fair at points it looked decent but there were many moments where it really sucked .
    Really hope this game works out well , we've had enough of awful Game of Thrones games , it's time for a nice one .

• The graphics in TFTB looked a lot more polished than this... The shot of King's Landing looked nice, but some of the environments in the interior shots look...kind of bad. And Margaery's face looks a bit off.

Hehe, yeah. :P but compare it to TFTB or TWAU or even TWD s2. I could take some print-screens of the trailer, but it's not that important xD

• You expected a 60 fps super quality graphics from telltale? After playing their games i thought you would have an idea about how it was gonna be. Telltale is focused on story, always had but you probably already know that.

The trailer didn't get me excited at all for some reason. Will still buy it, but the graphics suck. Sorry, can't put that any nicer.

• edited December 2014

People are just over reacting. Graphics were never the strong suit of TTG. AND it is not THAT bad, and we didn't see it in-game yet. Don't lose hope. It still is just a trailer. Doesn't reflect everything.

Arrowtic posted: »

I'm excited as well as frightened . I don't care that much about graphics but this ... , to be fair at points it looked decent but there we

• Have you played Tales from the Borderlands? That graphic didn't bother me at all, even if it wasn't great.

I'm usually not that nitpicky, but these graphics are nothing short of horrible. It looks way worse than TftB, TWD and TWAU.

The graphics are early PS2 level in this trailer.

ata95 posted: »

You expected a 60 fps super quality graphics from telltale? After playing their games i thought you would have an idea about how it was gonna be. Telltale is focused on story, always had but you probably already know that.

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

The graphics style for GoT is completely different from the others as they are aiming for a oil painting style compaired to the cel shaded style in TFTB, TWD and TWAU.

Hehe, yeah. :P but compare it to TFTB or TWAU or even TWD s2. I could take some print-screens of the trailer, but it's not that important xD

• edited December 2014

Graph style in those games require comic book look which is a lot easier to do. However, being realistic with the graphics are a lot harder. They will get better, and this is a trailer. Let's comment once we see it in-game. Trailers don't reflect it all.

Have you played Tales from the Borderlands? That graphic didn't bother me at all, even if it wasn't great. I'm usually not that nitpicky,

• Yeah the King's Landing shot was beautiful.

The graphics in TFTB looked a lot more polished than this... The shot of King's Landing looked nice, but some of the environments in the interior shots look...kind of bad. And Margaery's face looks a bit off.

• Well I suppose this oil painting style is new so it will take some time for it to get smoother. For me the graphics are good enough, all I care about is the story.

Have you played Tales from the Borderlands? That graphic didn't bother me at all, even if it wasn't great. I'm usually not that nitpicky,

• Well, it's kinda like the first season of TWD but without the floating lines on the characters.

• edited December 2014

"The graphics in TFTB looked a lot more polished than this"

I don't agree

TFTB had a lot of the same issue that this game does the but the difference is that they had a cartoony art style so they were able to get away with some of the bad lip syncing issues

game of thrones looks more detailed and the characters look more human and as a result the issues stand out more

at least their characters don't look as bad as skyrim lol

Alt text

The graphics in TFTB looked a lot more polished than this... The shot of King's Landing looked nice, but some of the environments in the interior shots look...kind of bad. And Margaery's face looks a bit off.

• But trailers released one day before release reflect it pretty well.

I want to like this game, but for now I see many problems:

• The graphic obviously

• The Forresters are way too important for a minor House

• The show characters seem to just be crammed in without any context

• Telltale works with way too many headcanons

I realize this isn't the final product and is only a way to shoe people something of a game, but it looks like the Forresters are actually important enough for Ramsay Snow to follow them to their homestead, Tyrion Lannister talking to Mira very strangely and Cersei even caring about such a minor House.

And all this while they aren't even mentioned in the Show. If they were as important to the Lannisters and the Boltons, then why on earth does noone seem to know they exist? (I do realize the show was filmed before the game, so this point can be considered as invalid. Still, too many coincidences as of now).

Graph style in those games require comic book look which is a lot easier to do. However, being realistic with the graphics are a lot harder.

• I dunno... I mean, it is probably the final build of the game considering it's a launch trailer...

People are just over reacting. Graphics were never the strong suit of TTG. AND it is not THAT bad, and we didn't see it in-game yet. Don't lose hope. It still is just a trailer. Doesn't reflect everything.

• About the Forresters being too important I see what you mean and it also came to my mind. But then again Mira is handmaiden of Margaery and she is known for caring about her servants. And for Cersei Forresters are probably just one northerner house still loyal to Starks and it doesn't take too much of her time to play against them through Mira. And anyway if the Forrester wouldn't have been raised a little higher by ttg there wouldn't be any of these characters from the show and people want them.

Oh and the case with Ramsay, well if they overuse him then it's stupid but if he's there just to use the Whitehills to do the hard work then I see no problem.

But trailers released one day before release reflect it pretty well. I want to like this game, but for now I see many problems: * Th

• edited December 2014

I'm with you on first one but the second one :

Well , the fact that they're a minor house , doesn't mean that they have never been mentioned by Tyrion , Cersei , etc . They just haven't been shown in TV show/books coz they're not important to the main story .

Actually in the fifth book there are a bunch of Cersei PoVs and we see her small council and things they talk about , and a good portion of it is about minor houses .
    or House Glover for example , is an important house but we've not read about their story that much since it wasn't relevant to the main story of books .

And about show characters I guess we've to wait since we can't judge anything after less than 2 minutes of a trailer .

But trailers released one day before release reflect it pretty well. I want to like this game, but for now I see many problems: * Th

• the achievements have been released if anyone is interested

http://www.xboxachievements.com/game/game-of-thrones-xbox-one/achievements/

also people really complaining about graphics? it's telltale ffs

• depends sometimes games usually look better once you are actually playing them especially on pc because of the higher resolution and overall better look it should be the same for consoles too since this is on next gen now

That1Guy posted: »

I dunno... I mean, it is probably the final build of the game considering it's a launch trailer...

• edited December 2014

Thanks .

Those titles thou ! Love the fact that most of 'em are houses' mottos . Episode 6's first chapter's achievement is callled Ours is the fury , STANNIS ?! Really hope so .

Although it might not be that , coz in that case we should also have Tully , Martell(PLEEEEASE :D) , Greyjoy , etc .

Jewfreeus posted: »

the achievements have been released if anyone is interested http://www.xboxachievements.com/game/game-of-thrones-xbox-one/achievements/ also people really complaining about graphics? it's telltale ffs

• I love the trailer. Regarding the graphic, I don't really have a problem with it. There is something gritty and dark about the style.

• Trailer was good of course they didn't give away anything. And there are "trailer expers" that think that graphics suck and they don't want another bad GOT game and etc etc. Just wait and play dude... And seriously there are people bashing TTG about Graphics. TWD,TWAU,TFBL all has their own styles and they all are comic book looking graphics which are familiar since TTG never has a graphic expertise. Glitchy, outerline and laggy graphics... I am sure that the story will be another TTG classic and will be awesome. TTG never dissapointed me contentwise and i don't think this one will either.

• edited December 2014

Alt text

Trailer was good of course they didn't give away anything. And there are "trailer expers" that think that graphics suck and they don't want

• Alt text

Damn you Ramsay SNOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• I fear that he is going to troll us for the next six episodes. : /

Churned posted: »

Damn you Ramsay SNOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• edited December 2014

Trailer got me more hyped... if possible! Seriously can't wait, I hope Telltale exceeds my expectations with this game. And people need to stop bitching about the graphics, it suits Game of Thrones perfectly. If you don't like it than just ignore it and focus on the story.

• Great trailer......now give me the episode! :P

Alt text

• Alt text

I fear that he is going to troll us for the next six episodes. : /

Sign in to comment in this discussion.